• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube "pranksters" Daddyofive deny abuse (Up: mom gets custody of two youngest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixelatedBookake

I hope these kids are saved. Plain and simple. The parents need to face their crimes and put away for a long-ass time. Doing kids like that...... they're worse than dirt.

Darg

Neo Member
When the creativity of a situation doesn't matter so much as getting someone's emotional reaction filmed on camera.

Yup the most important thing to them is the "shock" part of it. I think the recent trend is (or was) "we'll put this stuff out here for some random to take or steal, the random person falling for it which in their mind they can now do some awful stuff to said person who took the baited item under the "well he stole it!, so we can do this crap to him/her now". It's just one example but at the end of the day these aren't pranks at all no matter how much they say it, just sadism. If you take a look at the views and subscribers of some of this crap you won't be suprised why this bozo is getting so many subscribers. It's sick thats all there is to it, no matter what they say to justify the scenario in these videos.

Youtube (and other streaming sites) are going to have to jump in one of these days, the sooner the better because it's getting out of hand and it's going to keep getting out of hand as more time passes.

depths20XX

I found the whole video for the "epic xbox prank part 1"

This video PERFECTLY shows how this guy is mentally destroying and abusing this poor kid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2UWiQEJRg1c

Holy shit. Why is his son making more sense than him? The dad calls him downstairs for no reason. Then when the dad doesn't respond after Cody asking him why he was called, he takes his xbox away. Cody even mentions this after his dad tells him to call him "the best dad in the world". He asks, " why did you call me downstairs if you didn't need anything?" So it's all just done to torment and get a reaction out of his kid.

This video is disturbing at parts.

Olly88

"Take a joke, you're the only one that can't take a joke and gotta act like a butthole!"

do5enzl3.jpg

Ha ha, great joke.

The more I watch of this guys videos the more horrible I feel for Cody in particular. That kid goes through some real hardcore shit, the kind of shit that messes people the fuck up. And it's all on video. All in the name of youtube views. It's just a prank bro. I think one of the saddest ones is when Cody is crying and saying "I miss my [real] mom" and the dad just tells him to shutup.
The dad keeps moving the goalposts with his excuses upon excuses but they all amount to jack shit and nobody is buying it.

Maryland CPS better come through for this family. If this shit keeps going on then pretty soon theyll find Cody in the backyard dissecting small animals.

UncleMeat

Holy shit the way they treat Cody is sickening. I also have those exact same rec-specs so that makes him pretty cool in my book; his parents are sick and incredibly stupid people.

omg this video

https://twitter.com/MikeMartin1982/status/854521362517504000

Quick kids! Go hug mom to gain internet sympathy!
*SOBBING* GET THE GOOD CAMERA, I DON'T CARE

The girl's face 10 seconds in too. xD
lno5dgT.png

Yeah, fuck these parents. They're awful people. If the kids are acting, give them a goddamn award because they're Meryl Streeping the fuck out of their performances.

The people replying to it and defending them make me sick.

KSweeley

This has made the local news here in Maryland reporting that health experts state the video "raises serious questions of abuse": http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/...ranks-on-their-kids-raise-questions-of-abuse/

Md. Family’s YouTube Pranks On Their Kids Raise Questions Of Abuse
April 19, 2017

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A Frederick County family is accused of child abuse after posting a video that left their child in tears.

The parents are claiming the video, which has since been removed from their channel, was fake, and that the children were in on the prank.

But some viewers and even health experts say the video, posted on the DaddyOFive channel, raises serious questions of abuse.

It shows a boy in tears after his parents yell at him for making a mess. Three minutes into the profanity-filled video, the parents reveal it’s all a joke.

But YouTube viewers didn’t find it so funny, calling it “disgusting” and holding it up as child abuse.

Baltimore’s Family and Children Services clinical supervisor also expressed concern.

“…the kids are obviously distressed even during what they believe are pranks,” says Julia Knach. “There is emotional harm done there.”

The family’s YouTube channel was created in 2015 and contains countless videos with similar pranks. It has 700,000 subscribers.

Some say the fact that these videos have been viewed more than 100 million times shows a disturbing trend in society.

“As a society, we have kind of stepped back and we don’t want to be as involved,” Knach says. “It’s OK from a distance but as long as it’s not happening to us… we don’t have to worry about it.”

The parents released two videos in response to the backlash, one titled “Blocking All Haters,” and another, more serious one in which the father, Mike Martin says this:

“My kids love this, YouTube, and I did it for them and I’m taking all this hate right now for them…These kids are safe, and I swear to God if we continue making videos, you will see changes.”

He says the family is extremely close and does not condone child abuse in any way.

The family also issued an apology on their social media accounts.

The youngest one isnt old enough to know what he is getting himself into to, and that is why most of the pranks are towards him, because he isn't old enough to catch on. These are horrible people.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
It's interesting (though not surprising) that YouTube hasn't nuked the videos/channel yet. Seems like something that should have happened.

If there was a boob in any of these videos, it would have been gone instantly.

These parents need to be in jail.

KSweeley

FOX 5 D.C. tried to get information if CPS did investigate the Martin family but Maryland officials could not comment: http://www.fox5dc.com/news/249441121-story

Parents who posted controversial prank videos involving children say they've received death threats
APR 19 2017

ROCKVILLE, Md. - A Maryland couple who posts controversial online prank videos involving their children has released a new video claiming that the pranks were staged and that the backlash has put their family in danger.

Mike and Heather Martin, the parents in charge of the YouTube channel, DaddyOFive, posted a new video Wednesday morning explaining their situation. Their YouTube channel, which was started in 2015, features dozens of videos involving their children in pranks with titles like, "PSYCHO CLOWN ATTACKS FAMILY" and "DAD PUNCHES KID IN THE FACE."

After a recent video titled, "INVISIBLE INK PRANK!" was posted on the channel, many online users posted that the parents' antics were abusive and child protective services should step in. In the video, the parents play a practical joke on their son, Cody, which ends up leaving him crying hysterically following a profanity-laced faux tirade.

The video had over 400,000 views, but was pulled off of YouTube with a message that said: "This video has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on harassment and bullying."

The family posted another YouTube video to respond to the negative posts about the "INVISIBLE INK PRANK!" while explaining that their children were not abused.

"This has gone way to far over FAKE YouTube pranks," the Martins said in the description of the new video posted online Wednesday morning. "We are sorry and we will change our style but you are putting our family in real danger. You are putting the kids that you think you are helping in real danger."

Mike Martin said the videos are comprised of ideas created by their children and that they were posted for fun.

"The videos are fake. They're fake," Martin said in the video. "They're over-exaggerated. Some videos are scripted. They are just played out. The kids' ideas -- we act them out."

"And we have said that," said Heather Martin. "We have said it's their ideas."

"I put in the video description 'for entertainment purposes only,'" said Mike. "I categorized the videos as entertainment or comedy -- something that I know. I have even used keywords a few times. I used the word 'fake' in the keywords and stuff a few times."

Mike also said that his family was being attacked online, has received death threats, and that someone attempted to run his wife off of the road while she was driving with the children. FOX 5 has checked with the Frederick County Sheriff's Office about the latter claim, but they said they have not received any reported incidents.

The family has also claimed they have been investigated and cleared by child protective services. FOX 5 has been unable to confirm that after reaching out to officials in Maryland. Catherine Morris with the Maryland Department of Human Resources told FOX 5 that they could not comment on whether or not an investigation has been conducted, but she added that if someone makes a complaint, they are obligated to investigate.

Iorv3th

Scary that this stuff has been going on for this long and just now getting something done about it. I feel so bad for those kids.

These parents need to be criminally prosecuted. This is far beyond the pale. Not only are they abusing their children, they're doing so for financial gain. This is disgusting and as a society, we should not tolerate it. These parents need to be made an example of by the court.

I found the whole video for the "epic xbox prank part 1"

This video PERFECTLY shows how this guy is mentally destroying and abusing this poor kid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2UWiQEJRg1c

This is unbelievably disturbing. These kids deserve so much better.

RinsFury

Those videos are so awful, I weep for the future of those kids. Extremely upsetting. I really hope they will be removed from those disgusting trailer trash parents and placed in a proper home with people that will care for and raise them properly. Those parents should be in prison.

Diabelli

"Take a joke, you're the only one that can't take a joke and gotta act like a butthole!"

Ha ha, great joke.

Holy fuck, man. That's incredibly sad. I'm just glad this has been brought into the public's eye and Cody and the other kids can hopefully get a better life.

OraleeWey

good.

I wonder who these 760,000 people who were subbed to this channel are.
I've never heard of this shit before today.
I wonder if they're all other kids. Kinda like how those Elsa and spiderman videos always always always end up getting featured in kids YouTube suggestion/feed. Is there a way to view their viewers age demographic?

This is abuse, plain and simple. These parents would have to think we're complete morons to believe that their children are acting to this degree at such an early age, when put in these mentally scarring situations. Even if you want to argue that the videos are fake, involving young children in such offensive material is still absolutely disgusting.

SZips

Holy crap, those parents are absolutely terrible.

What I want to know is, why did it take this long for anybody to raise a stink about it? They've clearly had enough time to amass some 700K subs, so it's not like this just sprung up over night.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Oh wow, 9/11 conspiracy theorist on top of everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom