• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube "pranksters" Daddyofive deny abuse (Up: mom gets custody of two youngest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

depths20XX

I get this feeling CPS won't do anything.

If CPS doesn't do anything with all this video evidence then I have no faith in them anymore.

Also, that tweet with them labeling people that are concerned with the well being of their children as 'haters' makes no fucking sense. Even more hilarious that they threw 9/11 conspiracy theories in there for some reason.

It was just a prank bro
sZJ2Mh0.jpg
Wow what a surprise 🙄

KSweeley

If CPS doesn't do anything with all this video evidence then I have no faith in them anymore.

Also, that tweet with them labeling people that are concerned with the well being of their children as 'haters' makes no fucking sense. Even more hilarious that they threw 9/11 conspiracy theories in there for some reason.

I'm hoping if CPS does absolutely nothing, there will be huge backlash from Marylanders against Maryland CPS.

depths20XX

The people concerned about their children's abuse are the evil ones. Yes. This all makes sense. It's fucking hilarious how they keep going back to "the kids think". That shit doesn't matter. You clearly displayed you don't care what the kids think unless it backs you up. We've seen it in the videos man. You're an adult. Leave the kids out of it and act like a fucking adult.

Zen Aku

what a pair of garbage excuses for parents. It's already bad enough to abuse your own kids, but to make money off of their misery and saying that they wanted it? fuck off with that shit. These kids deserves better than that shitty house.

I'm reading up on this now but have only watched one of the videos, so if there's something I'm missing pls let me know -- I worry that there's no "win" situation here... if the kids get taken away, they end up in "the system" and could be worse off. If they stay they have to continue to endure these terrible / abusive parents... :-(

depths20XX

I'm reading up on this now but have only watched one of the videos, so if there's something I'm missing pls let me know -- I worry that there's no "win" situation here... if the kids get taken away, they end up in "the system" and could be worse off. If they stay they have to continue to endure these terrible / abusive parents... :-(

I'm not sure but there seems to be a clear example of treating Cody as an outcast by the family. Most of all the abuse seems to be centered around him for some reason. I feel he might be able to go back to his mom and have a better life but there certainly needs to be a correction.

pariah164

This whole situation fills me with equal parts sadness, disgust, and blinding rage.

Love how they took down/demonetized the videos. Gotta hide the evidence, amirite? They even deleted their Facebook.

Truthfully, that horrifies me. Now that the cameras are off, what is going to happen to these poor kids now? Cody especially. I hope CPS in Maryland recognizes the severity of what's happening and makes the right call.

As someone who wants to enter the field of Child Psychopathology and Abuse/Neglect....I've never wanted to strangle someone more in all of my life. Holy FUCK. Something better get done.

I was wondering why this thread had so many posts.

Holy shit, they're literally abusing their kids on camera for YouTube clicks. Times like these when I think social media was a mistake.

Tagyhag

The crazier thing about that Facebook post is "We have been through this before".

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED THE FIRST TIME?

Drain You

The crazier thing about that Facebook post is "We have been through this before".

I personally don't know if I believe them about that. They could just be saying it to make it look like they've been investigated and they were found to be " good parents" or whatever.

Zakalwe

Banned
It was just a prank bro
sZJ2Mh0.jpg

"Well anyway we have been through this before and will have to go through courts with the kids just because of you guys but I promise you we will win again"

So this is a pattern?

Exactly...

I personally don't know if I believe them about that. They could just be saying it to make it look like they've been investigated and they were found to be " good parents" or whatever.

Investigate twice now then. Not a good look.

Budi

For fuck's sake. I didn't watch all the DeFranco videos, but browsed one of them quickly. The dad somehow instantly had "douche" written all over him when I saw him and the mother seemed like some kind of a redneck also. And then I saw the clips about Cody, heartbreaking stuff. Evoked strong emotions, confusion between anger and sadness. Something needs to come out of this. Disgusting.

Edit: That kid can't be that good of an actor, or the dad a director. His discomfort is real. I mean if they were, they'd be working in Hollywood and not doing these dumb shit Youtube videos.

seems like a slamdunk case for CPS to take the kids away. if they let this slide that will be fucking stupid.

also this is like the origin story of a serial killer. if that kid kills his parents few years from now would anyone here really be shocked? that much constant emotional abuse is fucking him up.

would like to see the parents get 'pranked' like this, repeatedly. waste people.

If this doesn't result in CPS taking a serious look at this, I don't understand what would. Literally hours of video of parents physically and emotionally abusing their child. It doesn't get any more fucking clear than that.

Zakalwe

Banned
The deleted video of them playing the game where the kids slap each other when they lose...

What's wrong with these people?

Fliesen

regardless of whether or not this particular family gets their kids taken away, i am appalled that it's seemingly ok for youtube and their advertisers to portray the constant verbal and physical abuse of children.

It's abuse and it's bullying. Even if it was 100% fake (yeah, right), it's still something that no sane person would / should consume for 'entertainment purposes'.

Prank your trashy boyfriends / girlfriends as much as you want, but this is about minors. :/

NewGame

Banned
I imagine that there's some sort of edge principal where the abuse has to get more and more potent and it's in relation to the youtube statistics.

"If I don't get to 1 million subscribers Cody might not get fed this week!"

y2dvd

I'm curious what it take for CPS to take actions in general. CPS had already investigated the family and had some videos of abuse from what I understand. That still wasn't enough for them to take action. Now, CPS may take action because of public pressure, but how weren't these parents hit sooner?

Drain You

I'm curious what it take for CPS to take actions in general. CPS had already investigated the family and had some videos of abuse from what I understand. That still wasn't enough for them to take action. Now, CPS may take action because of public pressure, but how weren't these parents hit sooner?

Where you hear CPS was already involved? I haven't seen that yet. Wouldn't be surprised in the least though.

depths20XX

I don't think they had any awareness of the videos until now. At least that's what they said unless I'm mistaken.

There are so many videos that stand on their own as abuse that I don't see how they can't take action at this point.

pranking kids can be funny, like i remember a mother saying he's eaten all the halloween candy and there was nothing left for her kid.... the reaction was amazing...

but this? it's just gross, there's no excuse here... how can they do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom