• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V |OT| Card Games on Hippos

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually DDD, I guess it stands for either Different Dimension Destroyers, or perhaps, if Konami are silly, Different Different Dimension.

And we're getting more Furnimals in the next set, so I assume Sora will be Dueling soon...possibly against whoever is using the new Qliphoth archetype also in the same set. Guess Arc-V's myth-arc is gonna be Kaballah influenced this time.

Speaking of which, the special OCG Pack which focuses on anime cards, Raging Masters, has Mist Wurm, so it looks like we're getting another Duel Terminal archetype in the show. Really like that since those cards are pretty perfect for the show's focus on archetypes.
I would like to see Different Dimension Destroyers!
Really want to see Sora duel because he has to be hiding something and I need to know.
I like this shows focus on other summoning methods not named pendelum summons, it's a great change from the previous two series. :) I hope they continue it this way.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I've seen a pretty interesting theory passed around---that Arc-V takes place itself within a Solid Mass hologram, and Not!Yuuya (and possibly Sora?) are the only ones who are aware of it. Might explain why the upcoming Qlipoth cards have flavor text that are laid out like computer codes and reference the sephirot which deals with the creation of metaphysical realms.

Certainly would be an interesting twist, but beyond that I haven't seen any good evidence to support it beyond those cards we've yet to see in the show.

spongebob.gif

Kenai

I still don't understand XYZ monsters or whatever but for some reason I got the idea of pendulum pretty fast? I dunno.

And Hipster Kaiba made me lol. I will try to watch a few episodes at least if I can remember.

Worth the wait, Reiji is awesome. I hope he Ritual summons at some point as well.
DDD - Different Dimension Demon

Next Episode: Looks like Reiji is going to use the Machine Pendelum monsters.

Wichu

I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh in a long time but that seems overpowered as fuck.

More like clunky and inconsistent as fuck.

You need to draw two specific cards in your deck (the pendulum monsters), then still have a bunch of monsters you need to summon (maybe 2-3 to make it worth it?). If you fill your deck with high-level monsters, then you lose if you don't draw your pendulums; if you play a normal monster level (and spell/trap) ratio then it'll be rare that you can summon more than one or two monsters off the pendulum (in which case might as well use more reliable special summon cards rather than your pendulum.

As far as I'm aware, no competitive deck plays pendulums yet. Maybe this will change with the release of stronger pendulum monsters, but the mechanic seems inherently weak at the moment (especially coming off the previous two seasons' gimmicks, Synchro and Xyz summons).

Watch Da Birdie

Look's like Yuzu's dad is dueling next:

熱血!!修造劇場 Nekketsu!! Shuuzou Gekijyou (Hotblooded!! Shuzou Theater!)
July 13th, 2014

After his Duel with Akaba Reiji, Yuya remains shocked at the fact Reiji can Pendulum Summon. In order to appeal to Yuya, who is unable to sort out his feelings… …
Outline
Yuya, shocked by the fact Reiji could Pendulum Summon to, has yet to come to terms with the fact “Pendulum Summoning isn’t something only I can do”. Shuzou, the principal of the You Show Duel School, sees Yuya in such a funk, and decides to convey a message to his pupil by Dueling with him. In the Duel Theater, that’s too hotblooded to ignore, Yuya slowly but surely realizes Shuzou’s feelings and the point his principal is trying to make…

I've seen a pretty interesting theory passed around---that Arc-V takes place itself within a Solid Mass hologram, and Not!Yuuya (and possibly Sora?) are the only ones who are aware of it. Might explain why the upcoming Qlipoth cards have flavor text that are laid out like computer codes and reference the sephirot which deals with the creation of metaphysical realms.

Certainly would be an interesting twist, but beyond that I haven't seen any good evidence to support it beyond those cards we've yet to see in the show.
Because of the latest episode this scenario seems possible to me now.

Really glad that Yuzu wants to better herself but we will probably not see the results until the JYC episodes. :(
I'm glad the LDS students aren't being forgotten as well. :D

Watch Da Birdie

Yo! You guys still on the fence about this show might wanna hop on, because it's getting pretty good.

Okay, so let's talk about the latest episodes.

First off, Reiji vs. Yuuya. Reiji is still a pretty dull dude...his mother and his LDS classmates (who seem to be reoccuring characters which is nice) are far more interesting...but in terms of dueling, he's probably one of the notably strongest rivals we've ever had from the get-go. Mastering Fusion, XYZ, and Synchro was a really neat gimmick they gave him...so glad they didn't forget about all those and focus exclusively on Pendulum like Arc-V and Zexal basically did with their SS methods...and the Pendulum Summoning was nice as well. One thing interesting I've began to notice...Whip Viper has basically replaced Discover Hippo as Yuuya's main monster. I mean we've seen the latter in like every duel, the former hasn't appeared in quite awhile.

Next, Yuzu's Dad is a pretty great character. Loved the ending where he "died". It's also nice to have some adult characters dueling, we really haven't had that much in Yu-Gi-Oh, it's a nice change of pace. One thing this episode made me realize is that Entermates are a great archetype. Not gameplay wise, of course, as their effects seem pretty all over the place, but in terms of suiting the show's style, they all have funny designs and I love how full of personality they are. Makes me wonder if they'll eventually get phased out for Yuuya's "season 2" monsters.

Finally, the recent episode was another non-Duel episode, the second one we've got already, and really did a good job on foreshadowing. One thing people have noticed is how out of the plot Yuuya seems to be...in this episode he's focused on entering the usual tournament, while all the myth-arc stuff is going around with the other characters. Yugi, Judai, Yusei, and Yuma were pretty much always right in the middle of the paranormal stuff, so it's interesting to have a main character who is sort of on the side of all that and just playing card games. Seems the writers really do plan to have Yuzu become a central character---she already can enter the Youth Championship alongside Yuya, she's apparently gonna go with Fusions now, and she's directly involved with Dark Yuuya. Seems Masumi is gonna get a lot of focus too, more female Duelists is always good.

And we got confirmation that Dark Yuya and Sora are apparently from the same "world"...the real world? And now we've got another intruder coming onto the scene. From what I recall, I think scans hint that he's not on Dark Yuya's side.

Watch Da Birdie

Sorry for the bump, but no one's commented forever and I finally got caught up with the show...

Despite the last few weeks being basically just multiple two-part "gimmick" duels, the show's actually gotten pretty interesting with developing a myth-arc. One thing that's really interesting to me though is the main character is barely involved in the outside plot---it's all the supporting characters like Yuzu and Sora who are involved with the big plot. A nice change from some of the other series where the MC was always the center of attention whenever the supernatural elements came up, in this case it's like Yuya is just an onlooker who will get involved eventually.

Now we're entering a big tournament arc, and it looks like we're going to have a lot of episodes focused around the rest of the cast showing off their skills. Even the supporting kids are getting in on the action, such as Futoshi having a ridiculously cute Sketch Dinosaur Deck, which unfortunately we only got a taste of. I imagine after the Tournament Arc ends, the show will probably kick into-high gear with its myth arc.

Blu(e)

Please tell me some one is watching this as well. Sora's personality change really caught me off guard. I thought I was in for fun duel, but things got dark really quickly.

Please tell me some one is watching this as well. Sora's personality change really caught me off guard. I thought I was in for fun duel, but things got dark really quickly.
I'm watching it.

After Yuto told Yuzu that Fusion is their enemy (I hope I'm remembering this correctly), I became suspicious of Sora. But yeah his personality change was really sudden, it was so different than how he was when the duel started.

Blu(e)

I'm watching it.

After Yuto told Yuzu that Fusion is their enemy (I hope I'm remembering this correctly), I became suspicious of Sora. But yeah his personality change was really sudden, it was so different than how he was when the duel started.

I really thought they were going to put him in the role of something similar to the Cheshire Cat, where he would have insight to the situation but feign ignorance when asked directly while also toying with the cast. Really curious to see where this goes.

As far as the show goes, I'm really liking that all the summoning style have been accounted for. It's a great culmination of the series and how the game has evolved since it's inception. This show has a pretty strong start so far that I hope the story doesn't get hampered by regular anime silliness.

No Yuya, Yugo does not look like you >.>

So...
GX = Fusion Dimension
5Ds = Synchro Dimension
Zexal = XYZ Dimension
Did I get that right?
Though they could be just alternate dimensions of those.
As far as the show goes, I'm really liking that all the summoning style have been accounted for. It's a great culmination of the series and how the game has evolved since it's inception. This show has a pretty strong start so far that I hope the story doesn't get hampered by regular anime silliness.
Yes I agree, it's great to see more than just the latest summoning method. :D

HabeeNo

Guys, for someone that stopped following after 5D's, how broken is the new mechanic compared to Synchros?

Also, does this one holds up to 5D's? Zexal really didnt hold up for me (Gave up on the 3rd episode lol)

AGITΩ

No Yuya, Yugo does not look like you >.>

So...
GX = Fusion Dimension
5Ds = Synchro Dimension
Zexal = XYZ Dimension
Did I get that right?
Though they could be just alternate dimensions of those.

Yes I agree, it's great to see more than just the latest summoning method. :D

So Yu-Gi-Oh is pulling a Kamen Rider Decade, unless Bonds Beyond Time either was AU, Retconned or be the cause of Split Dimensions from Paradox universes OR ALL 3. I might be looking too far into this, especially if they go and throw in a
Ritual Dimension
, because why the hell not?

I'm really pondering about the History of the Standard however. Especially since, at least according to the preview
Yuya knew nothing about Turbo Duels.
which means that its not a continuation of of every previous story arc, which was held up to 5Ds, dunno much about Zexal since I dropped it pretty early.

I do hope there is a Ritual World and holding out hope that the V in Arc-V means 5, leading me to believe that there is another world in addition to Standard, Fusion, XYZ, and Synchro.

Standard is a lame name for a world. :/

Edit: Just thought about the 5, it most likely means that Arc-V is the 5th Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

AGITΩ

I do hope there is a Ritual World and holding out hope that the V in Arc-V means 5, leading me to believe that there is another world in addition to Standard, Fusion, XYZ, and Synchro.

Standard is a lame name for a world. :/

Edit: Just thought about the 5, it most likely means that Arc-V is the 5th Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

Well the name of the Show is Arc-5 when they say it at the end preview....
But it could mean 5 Dimensions...just like 5Ds was 5 Dragons

I really hope Yuuto isn't dead. ;_;
Looks like Yuzu is gonna get kidnapped in the future and Yuuri is the Fusion Dimension's Yuya.

Blu(e)

I really hope Yuuto isn't dead. ;_;
Looks like Yuzu is gonna get kidnapped in the future and Yuuri is the Fusion Dimension's Yuya.

I wonder at this point if Yuuya is going to learn all summoning style to "advance" pendulum summoning. He's already done fusion and has just gotten an XYZ.

Fj0823

Damn, this show is pretty damn great.

Got worried ZEXAL was going to be the new standard for the franchise.

Love everything about it, the characters are all memorable, we have cool females with cool decks that actually do shit (FINALLY)

And the integration of all summoning mechanics into the plot is nice, waaaaaaay better than "YO GUYS FUSION/SYNCHRO/XYZ ARE AWESOME, ITS THE ONLY THING WE USE!! GO BUY EM!!"

The entire "Dimmension" stuff is a good way to hide how blatantly commercial some aspects of the past series went.

As of now
5D's>DM=ARCV>>>>>>ZEXAL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Duel Masters>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vanguard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Buddyfight>>>>>>>>>>B-Daman>>>>>>>>>>>>GX

Dark Yuya? Or was that just Yuto guiding him to XYZ summon?
Everyone was so scared of Dark Rebellion. O_O

Looks like Reiji will Duel someone from Academia next time, hope it's Fusion Yuzu.

Regiruler

I'm not sure if the OP is still being updated, but wouldn't changing time and star magician scans to their english counterparts be beneficial?

I actually thought that Reiji would be from the Fusion Dimension, I guess that's not right.
Can't wait to see what pendulum cards everyone gets!

Not

Banned
Damn, for one second I thought the protagonist was a girl. Damn shame. Damn.

Dat Anime androgyny

Fj0823

Can we all agree that ARC-V has magnificent multiverse plot?
The sense of intrigue in this series is IMHO far better than in the previous four.

Damn, for one second I thought the protagonist was a girl. Damn shame. Damn.

Dat Anime androgyny

Ah but we do have a female protagnist that actually does shit!
Yuzu_en_duelo.jpg

Man, this 2 vs. 1 against Yuya is unfair, they even get to attack on their 1st turn! Wonder who this Dennis guy is.

Halil's voice acting was cracking me up!

Will we see the Noble Knights animated next episode?

Wow so many things going on! Why did Dennis have Polymerization in his deck and did Yuya absorb Yuuto or something? >.>
Seems like the Obelisk Force only use Ancient Gear Hounds, hopefully the ones the Lancer's are fighting use other cards.
So cool that there are new pendulum magicians and I can't wait for next episode, wonder what the Rebellious Supreme Black Dragon looks like. :D

So he used Destruction Magician to give Rebellion Dragon a level and Creation Magician to match Odd Eyes's level.

Can't believe Gogenzaka survived that >.>
And I guess Yuya really did absorb Yuto, thanks for the info Mieru. Wonder if the same will happen to Yuzu and Selena.
Wasn't expecting to see Synchro Yuya but now even Fusion Yuya is in Standard.

AGITΩ

This episode was CRAZY.
I'm getting more Kamen Rider Decade vibes...Let's Unite the Dimensions!
by destroying them

Plus the Ending....well then.
I am hoping Yuugo gets more development with Yuuya now than just a thrown in filler for the Synchro Dimension.

Sounds like Academia have also captured Synchro Yuzu.
Hopefully we get to see the Synchro dimension next episode!
Next episode looks it's gonna be Selena VS Sora, or that
Lunar Eclipse was just used to run away.
. Hope Selena gets her answers.

So many noble people, RIP for now. Yuya's mom is going to be so sad. D:
Getting tired of all these Ancient Gear Hounds! Their combo was pretty cool though.
Wonder what deck Neo New Sawatari will be using.

Didn't get a look at the Synchro dimension that I wanted. >_<

Yuya VS. Sora next week! Looks like Sora has a new Frightfur too. :D

Tecl0n

So many noble people, RIP for now. Yuya's mom is going to be so sad. D:
Getting tired of all these Ancient Gear Hounds! Their combo was pretty cool though.
Wonder what deck Neo New Sawatari will be using.

Didn't get a look at the Synchro dimension that I wanted. >_<

Yuya VS. Sora next week! Looks like Sora has a new Frightfur too. :D

moar yosenju hopefully.

Glad Kurosaki got to finish off the Academy soldiers, Gogenzaka had the right idea
That duel... why did it have to end because of the time limit! >_<
Reiji is revealing his plan and Dennis is there, that's gonna be a problem.
Anyways can't wait to see Reiji VS Yuya next episode!

moar yosenju hopefully.

He used Underworld Troupe. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom