• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V |OT| Card Games on Hippos

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Opening and Ending! Saw
Jack's silouhette
in the Opening!
I hate knowing that Yuzu is safe while everyone thinks she was captured. >.>
This episode probably has the most number of times that Reiji has smiled, can't wait for them to finish their duel.
Rune Eyes > Beast Eyes
Judging by the ending it seems like Dennis will be sticking around for a long time, doesn't seem like his spy status will be revealed anytime soon. :<

Escargo

This show is actually really awesome. Feels like 5D at times and even has the original series art direction (crazy eyes). At first I was really not liking how it started but glad I held on!

Odd - eyes xyz has overlay units that don't do anything. Well his effects are pretty OP but at least put those units to good use, right?

Tecl0n

New op and ending are terrible. But dat
jack

i can't believe generic ninja guy is getting added to the main cast.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh man, I just saw they're bringing back
Crow

Well. Arc-V had a good run.

What a great duel! :D
I was expecting
Yuya to lose.
I wonder how many more of Reiji's monsters have their own thrones.

Next episode Yuya's mom is dueling?! It kind of looks like she has a duel runner too? Or it could just be a regular motorcycle since she's wearing a duel disk...

Watch Da Birdie

Even though I made the OP, I'm actually pretty behind on the show...catching up now and I gotta say, it's really strong and just getting better. Duels are still pretty meh, but everything else about the show catches my interest...the biggest issue are the Action Cards being cheap, but they've been used less lately it seems, and I imagine we might not even see them once we head to the other Dimensions. But I love the characters, the plot is ridiculously cheesy in a good way (I LOVED GX for this reason), and it's a fun little show overall.

I realize my OP sort of makes the show seem lackluster since I made it before we knew all the details on where Arc-V would go...I need to get around to fixing it up one day.

Anyway, I gotta say, I LOVE the new Opening. That's a really great song they've got, and it sounds so different from most anime openings nowadays---sounds sort of, how would I say it, really traditional Japanese at parts?

I'm enjoying the Opening a lot more now. The Ending not so much.
Didn't think that Reiji would be announcing to the world about the different dimensions.
Surprised to find out that Yoko was a Bike Gang Boss, but was hoping she would be a synchro user. Egao World!
UnknownGloomyGelada.gif

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I'm only just now watching the original series. My friend and I are almost done; we're on the final arc. I want to check out GX and especially 5DS but we're big on dubs and apparently both dubs got cut short. So that sucks.

I might say screw it and hop into this latest incarnation, subbed, on a weekly basis.

It's crazy how Konami was able to pull this off with Arc-V. Taking past shows and implementing to their advantage in this new plot using the dimensions as the key focus in the story's crisis.

Tecl0n

I can't believe they went full disclosure on what happened after cutting the feeds of the duels. Though, lancers seems to be great marketing for LDS.

Watch Da Birdie

I'm only just now watching the original series. My friend and I are almost done; we're on the final arc. I want to check out GX and especially 5DS but we're big on dubs and apparently both dubs got cut short. So that sucks.

I might say screw it and hop into this latest incarnation, subbed, on a weekly basis.

The GX Dub is really...off. Starts off well enough, but then it literally becomes The Abridged Series. But honestly I actually enjoyed the original version of GX, and to see the authentic dub, the only way a lot of American kids will see the show, purposefully turned into a gag-show really pissed me off honestly.

Some people say the final Season of GX which the dub skipped sucked, but personally I think it's one of the best parts of GX and is really interesting in how weird it is, plus it's got some pretty cool duels.

I never watched any of the 5Ds dub...but I found the original show to quickly fall off my radar after the first Arc, and has a weird tonal shift...apparently because of a real-life cult one of the actresses was involved with.

As someone who really didn't get into the latter part of 5Ds or Zexal, I'd say give Arc-V a shot like I did. It starts slow, but there's enough plot movement to keep your interest through the slower parts. I like especially how there's quite a bit of episodes where the Duels are placed in the background in favor of moving the plot forward, more frequently than the other seasons did. The worst part about Arc-V are the Duels, honestly, but it's great to see them use all the Summon Methods. I'd read up actually on Synchro and Xyz Monsters from 5Ds and Zexal respectively, just so you'll understand how they work.

Fj0823

As someone who really didn't get into the latter part of 5Ds or Zexal, I'd say give Arc-V a shot like I did. It starts slow, but there's enough plot movement to keep your interest through the slower parts. I like especially how there's quite a bit of episodes where the Duels are placed in the background in favor of moving the plot forward, more frequently than the other seasons did. The worst part about Arc-V are the Duels, honestly, but it's great to see them use all the Summon Methods.I'd read up actually on Synchro and Xyz Monsters from 5Ds and Zexal respectively, just so you'll understand how they work.

Isn't the LDS Invasion Arc focused on explaining all summoning methods? (And to introduce goddess Masumi)

Sora explains all of them perfectly.

The gift is nice and all but not sure how much it'll help in other duels. >.>
Finally! Yuya now knows that Yuzu is in the synchro dimension, Dennis was shocked.
Glad that we're getting an update on Yuzu in the next episode.

So much egao~
DisfiguredLateHarpseal.gif

Why didnt I know there was an ARC-V thread, it was so hidden and only five pages :(

I just want Kurosaki to be chopped up by DesToy Scissor Bear. Hes awful and should have been destroyed by precious Sora.

The opening changed! Jack (non-silouhette), Crow, and I guess the antagonist of this arc were added.
That was a lot of information to take in, at least we know how Rin looks now :D
I guess this is an alternate dimension of 5Ds? :eek:

Can't wait for the Riding Duel next week, wonder if the Security use the same monsters just like the Academia duelists.

We should get the title changed to "Card games on Motorcycles" for now ;)

Was really expecting the Duel Chaser's level 6 synchro to be Goyo Guardian. I guess Goyo is an archetype now. :D
Wow what sore losers, at least they got away.
I'll just pretend to follow this show's logic on confusing people with different colored hair. >.>

Watch Da Birdie

So the goons of each Dimension will be using monsters corresponding to the "starter villain" of each previous series---Chronos for Fusion, and Ushio for GX. What will be the XYZ's (if we see it) goon deck? Fish/Sea Serpents to match Shark?

Security wasnt shocked to see Action Magic and the mini Solid Vision activate? Baffling.

Yeah, but it looks like next episode they're confused by Entertainment Dueling at least.

Kind of disappointed Speed Spells aren't being used in the Riding Duels. >.>

Well Sawatari losing wasn't much of a surprise. >.>
Now they're shocked about Action Cards, stop telling them the secrets Sawatari!
That Type 0's effect is pretty good, I expect it to be nerfed when it gets printed.

Oh my, La Panda and Guiturtle. *_*
MinorFragrantAmericanbittern.gif

Fj0823

I just hope Crow gets Card'd before his Mary sueness destroys Yuzu's screen time

You know, like with Aki and Ruka

Im slightly behind but just finished 64 with Jack Atlus sama and Yuuya oniichan. I hate how Yuuya oniichan keeps losing when he even plays his Odd Eyes Rebellion Dragon and Rune Eyes Pendulum Dragon to opponents, its unrealistic. Screw Jack Atlus.

Wasn't expecting this duel to be exciting! It kind of sucks that Reiji had Tsukikage's loss planned out. Those Bee Force cards are pretty cool, guessing there will be a lot more, just like the Black Feathers.

Looking forward to Yuzu and Enjoy Chojiro's duel next episode! :D

What a great duel! LOL at Yuzu using her dad's and Futoshi's catchphrases. I think she also took Jack's pose!

The card game changes cards so much that I was beginning to suspect Yuzu got another fusion, oh well. :p

Watch Da Birdie

Getting caught up on this...

That Prison Arc was awesome. Lost it when the prisoners had the shivers.

I was surprised to see the Archfiend Zombie-Skull's being used. :eek:
That card Jack found when he was little looks like a Resonator card, I wonder if it's a new one. Was that card the Duel Chaser was given a Fusion Goyo?

Looks like Shun and Dennis will get to settle their last duel in the coming episodes.

Odd Eyes Sabre Dragon is going to be used! I didn't think that card would ever show up here.

HabeeNo

Finally started watching it, and it is tied with 5D's as the best YGO series.

Why is
Jack
an asshole tho T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom