• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bionic, let's not fight in front of the kids. Bean Breath is so impressionable. He caught wind of Spider and Alucard and now he won't stop talking about TNA.

i94gKRtNfB1yB.gif

Bionic, let's not fight in front of the kids. Bean Breath is so impressionable. He caught wind of Spider and Alucard and now he won't stop talking about TNA.

I only permit watching TNA if it's for catching a glimpse of Tessmacher's ass and turning off the TV right after. No one should ever go through actually watching TNA.

Uh.. Lemme look:
Me: @BronsonLee
Sunny: @Sunflower4000
Boots: @SenorLARIATO
Shark Johnson: @MrSharkJohnson
Mr Luchador: @MrLuchador
Matthew Gallant: @matthewjgallant
Xater: @Xater_
FallingEdge: @FallingEdge
spindashing: @spindashing
Mr. Sandman: @JWOUTLAW13
Sephzilla: @Sephzilla
dmczaf: @dmczaf
Rapstah: @am_rapstah
tj hazuki: @newbornstarr
TL21xx: @TL21xx
WhoaIsThatMars: @WhoaIsThatMars
tm24: @mightytm24
Pavaloo: @pavaloo
Anth0ny: @anthh0ny
Serpentine: @SerpentineZero
JamieOD: @JamieOD
ElPescado: @elpescado
Professor Beef: @ProfessorBeef
mtsmylie: @smylie
CureVylash: @CureVylash
GolazoDan: @GolazoDan
mrboo001: @mrboo001
Judderman: @JUDDERMANG
Mr. Nobody: @g_fex

I've probably missed some.
Deal with it.
Or send them to me, whatevers

Here's mine: @CooTweetBro

ghostmind

Still 5 hours to go until NJPW 42nd Anniversary show... there is no way I can stay awake that long. Will have to catch it tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Still 5 hours to go until NJPW 42nd Anniversary show... there is no way I can stay awake that long. Will have to catch it tomorrow.

I'm gonna hit up the VOD on Friday night. I can't do it either. Gonna diligently watch Boots' Twitter for gifs though...

Penguin

Uh.. Lemme look:
Me: @BronsonLee
Sunny: @Sunflower4000
Boots: @SenorLARIATO
Shark Johnson: @MrSharkJohnson
Mr Luchador: @MrLuchador
Matthew Gallant: @matthewjgallant
Xater: @Xater_
FallingEdge: @FallingEdge
spindashing: @spindashing
Mr. Sandman: @JWOUTLAW13
Sephzilla: @Sephzilla
dmczaf: @dmczaf
Rapstah: @am_rapstah
tj hazuki: @newbornstarr
TL21xx: @TL21xx
WhoaIsThatMars: @WhoaIsThatMars
tm24: @mightytm24
Pavaloo: @pavaloo
Anth0ny: @anthh0ny
Serpentine: @SerpentineZero
JamieOD: @JamieOD
ElPescado: @elpescado
Professor Beef: @ProfessorBeef
mtsmylie: @smylie
CureVylash: @CureVylash
GolazoDan: @GolazoDan
mrboo001: @mrboo001
Judderman: @JUDDERMANG
Mr. Nobody: @g_fex

I've probably missed some.
Deal with it.
Or send them to me, whatevers

Oh @ER_NOTR
Always like new followers!

Injecting WrassleGAF with a Lethal Dose of Poison™?
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/P7aQP4dXFgs/0.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
No one would even need to get banned. Just get the Big Guy to come in with a show of force, real Shock & Awe stuff, to rattle a few people here that think they run things.

Just check them down and remind them that no one is more important than anyone else.
[quote="Mr. Nobody, post: 103330541"]Beanie old pal, no one cares about Impact, not even Dixie[/QUOTE]
I forgive you.
[quote="Dragonzord, post: 103330679"]Bionic, let's not fight in front of the kids. Bean Breath is so impressionable. He caught wind of Spider and Alucard and now he won't stop talking about TNA.[/QUOTE]
I won't stop talking about Pro Wrestling in the Pro Wrestling thread?

Go ahead, Dragonzord, bring up video games again. I'm sure nothing will happen.
[quote="JohnDoe8865, post: 103330688"][IMG]http://i.minus.com/i94gKRtNfB1yB.gif
Woo. That is fun. That looks like a TV show that I would like to watch.

Impact dot com said:
Robbie E

Follow Robbie E on Twitter @RobbieEImpact

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 201 pounds
Finisher: The Bro Down

Straight from Jersey comes Robbie E, the bro who’s always down for a day at the beach to get his tan on. Robbie has joined forces with Mr. Pec-Tacular, Jesse Godderz to form “Bro Mans”, the ultimate combination of style and perfect hair. Robbie E is a former Television and X Division Champion, which just so happens to be the most blingin' title at IMPACT WRESTLING, but was robbed by some hamster. After all, Robbie E has plenty of ability and attitude to get it done bro! Proving that they are not all talk, In their short time as a tag team the BroMans has managed to become two time TNA Tag Team Champions.

What's The Bro Down?

It’s WrestleMania 5! It’s gonna be hot, fast, and furious! Fa-Fasten your seatbelts!
iZiHbPpKbnARH.gif

WWF Women’s Champion Rockin’ Robin is singing America, the Beautiful. “She better keep her daytime job.” This is the only spot for the Women's Champion on the show. Not sure if it's a step up from being not booked at all (i.e. last WM)

Hercules vs. King Haku
I thought Jerry Lawler was gonna come out. I didn’t know old KOTR winners used this music. Heenan demands that everyone rises for the King. Haku attacks while Herc is putting his chain away. Herc suplexes Haku back into the ring after knocking him outside, then elbow drops him a few times. He’s going after Heenan, who hasn’t done actually done anything yet. In fact, he only interferes once throughout the whole show, and he's the only manager to do so. Yet everyone goes after the managers. Haku has the upper hand. I guess Herc was a former member of Heenan’s family or something? Backbreaker by Haku. Another one, but it kinda slides off the knee. Bearhug. I think I heard someone try and start a BOOOOORING chant. Flying crossbody from Herc. Haku misses one. Clotheslines from Herc. Powerslam. Herc dives from the top, Haku kicks him out of the air. well, he whiffed it a bit, but you know. Haku isn't wearing shoes. I kinda hate that. Herc avoids a splash. Bridging back suplex for the win for Herc. Both men’s shoulders were down! Oh wait, no, Herc rolled over before the count. Herc wins. That was actually a pretty decent opener. I expected Hercules to suck, but he’s alright.

imqYu65UBtVSF.gif

Mean Gene with the Rockers. They’re probably coked to the gills. Shawn is for sure.

The Rockers vs. Twin Towers
This should be fun, I think. Rockers get one up on Twin Towers before the match starts. Marty distracts Boss Man, missile dropkick from Shawn, who gets a shot in on Akeem. Akeem is doing a strut when he gets tagged in. idk if that was a thing he did or not. Rockers are in control. They’re testing their luck a bit with these shots. Who are the heels?!?!? Or are they just playing smart?! Marty leapfrogs over Akeem, only to be caught by Boss Man, and gets slammed by Akeem. Marty’s fucked. Bodyslam by Bossman, Akeem doubles up with a slam. Double axe handle. Boss Man… jumps and slams his dick on Marty’s head? Akeem accidentally hits Boss Man, hot tag to Shawn. Rockers double team Akeem. Akeem LARIATOOOOOOOS Shawn’s head off. Boss Man misses a splash. Marty trips Boss Man while he’s trying to powerbomb Shawn. Shawn whiffed on the missile dropkick. He then jumps at Boss Man and gets powerbombed. Akeem splashes on Shawn. Air Africa for the Twin Towers victory. Decent stuff. Rockers had to play smart because of their size disadvantage, but they got too cocky.

wm5missilebotch.gif.gif

wm5lariat.gif.gif.gif

Tony Shiavone interviews The Million Dollar Man. He’s at home at WrestleMania because people of his status are there.

Ted DiBiase vs. Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake
Battle of the sleeper holds! Ted shakes Donald Trump’s hand, who I guess was there. Oh, it’s at Trump Plaza. Ted’s berating Brutus and keeps poking him. Hip tosses and back body drops from Brutus. Ted walks around the outside for a bit. Chops to Brutus. Scoop slams to Ted. Bruti sends Ted to the outside. Ted asks for a timeout. Strike exchange. Virgil holds onto Ted, who downs Bruti with a punch. Back elbow to Bruti. Second rope axe handle. Small package gets the two for Beef. “This match is going longer than I expected to go, Jess.” Yeah. Double clothesline, it looked more like a running neckbreaker though. Ted locks in Million Dollar Dream, but Brutus reaches the ropes. Beef counters a head to the turnbuckle with a head to the turnbuckle. And then again. Brutus slams Ted’s head into the turnbuckle ten more times. Brutus locks in the sleeper, but Virgil distracts him. Virgil beats him up on the outside, but Beef no sells it. Ted attacks him on the outside. They continue brawling until a double countout. At Mania. This wasn’t very good. Brutus sorta sucks, and that match went on way too long only to end in a double countout. let's ban double countouts from WrestleMania. Brutus beats up Virgil after the match and locks in the sleeper on him. He grabs his hedgecutters. He gonna cut his head off or something?

Lord Alfred Hayes interviews The Bushwackers while they eat breakfast. They mumble-shout some shit into the mic. They then mumble-shout with their mouth full into the mic.

The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers vs. The Bushwackers
My only Bushwacker memory is Luke’s uninterrupted walk in the Royal Rumble. That was awesome. This match is not that. Bushwackers steal Jimmy Hart’s jacket, and they were gonna tear it apart when the Rougeaus attacked. The Bushwackers do a bulldog headbutt combo on one of the Rougeaus. Guess it’s called the battering ram, but they just kinda walked into the other guy. One Rougeau goes for a knee drop while the Bushwacker is pinning the other guy, but he gets out of the way and Rougeau knees his partner. This is sloppy. “Now we’ll see some wrestling!” Same, nothing has really happened yet. Boston crab/stomp double team on a Bushwacker. “I’ve yet to see The Bushwackers ever use a wrestling move.” Ray bodyslams the Bushwacker, and The Bushwacker rubs Ray’s dick. Axe handle on Butch… or Luke. Commentary is arguing over which one is which. Bushwackers are so bad at selling. So, so bad. Is that their thing or something? Abdominal stretch on a Bushwacker, Jacques tries to get a U-S-A chant going. They hug and celebrate, and the Bushwackers get a battering ram on Ray. They double gutbuster Ray while Jacques is talking to Jimmy. Jacques is too late to the save and Bushwackers win in, I guess, an upset. That was terrible.
iKpHK3JeuCGlk.gif

ibqxXyzP6hPhge.gif

wm5-butchcrotchgrab.gif.gif

Sean Mooney interviews fans and The Bushwackers start licking him.
ibmIyV5rNXMpYt.gif

Mr. Perfect vs. The Blue Blazer
Jesse loves Perfect. Hip toss to BB. Slaps him once in the corner, gets mad heat. Blazer slaps him back, gets mad pops. Single leg trip, followed by another slap. They don’t know who Blazer is. Counters a hip toss into a scoop slam. Standing dropkick sends Perfect to the floor. “Perfect’s perfect record on the line!” I didn’t know he had one. I’m assuming it’s a streak or something. Owen puts Perfect in an armbar. He reverses a hip lock into a hip toss. Scoop slam. Dropkick. Backbreaker gets a 1. More scoop slams. Blazer goes up for the splash and bounces off Perfect’s knees. Jumping tea bag so he can lock in a reverse chinlock. At least one guy tries to chant BOOOOOORING. One fan’s voice stood out at this, it was annoying. Powerslam to Perfect, then a belly-to-belly. Blazer goes for a Crucifix. One fan is insanely annoying . I think he’s gargling? Perfect Plex gets the win. Perfect is pretty good. I can see how a superstar like Curtis Axel got his ability. Match was okay, nothing special, except I was kinda expecting it to be great given the names involved.
wm5-kneecounter.gif.gif

iEBTXvbTC0huC.gif

Howard Finkel introduces a “self-professed major Hollywood star.” It’s Jesse “The Body” Ventura! JESSE chants get going. He’s rocking a tie dye shirt with a tasseled jacket with a gold sequined bandana that reads JESSE on the front. Awesome getup.
Qkocymo.png

Lord Alfred Hayes introduces a 500 man 5k run. There’s a mystery surprise entrant – it’s Mr. Fuji! He’s in his normal manager tux, lol. Hat and all. He starts before everyone else and gets passed up immediately. He ran the whole thing and proved to everyone that he was in superior shape than everyone. And also the Powers of Pain are in good shape too.

Fink introduces RUN DMC for the official WrestleMania Rap! He’s hyping up the crowd. “EVERYBODY SAY “WRESTLEMANIA!” “ I don’t think the crowd is that into it. Some people are getting down though. I think the lyrics are just “WRESTLEMANIA!” wait, no, that was just the intro. The rap is about wrestling, I think. “Piledrivin’, pinfall. You wait for the rap to make that call!” they’re just listing off moves now. Jesse says he got really into that. Today’s musical guests should have to make songs about the actual event and include as many wrestling references as possible, whether they make sense or not.
iqKWN2LNyhhkD.gif

Flashback to Survivor Series ’88. Fuji turned on Demolition. Crowd goes crazy for their face turn. Powers of Pain help up Fuji. Double turn!

Mean Gene is in the back with Demolition. They refer to PoP as the 3 Stooges. Fuj the Stooge, I think they call them. They leave midsentence.

The Powers of Pain and Mr. Fuji vs. Demolition 3-on-2 Handicap Match WWF Tag Team Championship
First title match of the night. Fuji throws ceremonial salt. “it’s good to see tradition in this day and age.” Ax and Warlord start out. Irish whip, Ax goes to town on Warlord. Double team, Smash gets tagged in. Front facelock, tag in, facelock. Why IS Fuji in here, anyway? That’s kinda weird. I know he joined in on the beatdown, but still. Demolition gets back in control quickly. Barbarian lays in some chops, but then Demolition regains control. Goddammit, Fuji isn’t wearing any shoes. He’s tagged in and beats up Ax. Banzai head drop. Flying clothesline from Barbarian. Fuji goes up top, gets nothing. And he lands with no shoes on. One fan is loudly yelling for Jesse. Smash gets the hot tag. Body slam, clothesline. They plant Warlord on the ropes. Fuji’s going into his tights. Ref is tied up outside. Smash dodges, the salt hits Warlord! Smash delivers a soft clothesline to Fuji. Demolition Decapitation! It didn’t look that good. Demolition retains! Match wasn't anything special. Ended before it could really get into gear.

wm5-salt.gif.gif

wm5-demolitiondecap.gif.gif

Tony Shiavone tries to interview Macho Man, who’s ranting in the back to himself. He opens the door and Savage flips out. I SAID NO INTERVIEWS I’LL KNOCK YA OUT HULK HOGAN I’M READY!

wm5-angrysavage.gif.gif

Dino Bravo vs. Rugged Ronnie Garvin
Ronnie got a straight up jobber entrance. “It’s gonna be interesting. Ya got an out n’ out tough guy like Ronnie Garvin and you got a man with UNLIMITED POWER POTENTIAL.” “Well it’s not unlimited, Jess.” Lmao. Fink introduces one of the all time greats in professional wrestling… Jimmy, “Superfly” Snuka! I thought it was gonna be Jesse again. I was hoping it would be. Wait, why was that a thing. He came out, entered the ring, posed, then left. Garvin through his towel and Dino attacked him before he was ready. Body slam, leg drop. He rebounds him into the ropes, forearming his back. bearhug. A few USA chants. Like 3 people try and start them up again, it dies quickly. Garvin makes a comeback, standing splash. Chops then the head slam into the turnbuckle. Rolling cradle pin gets a two. Sleeper hold on Dino. Garvin goes for a piledriver and Dino backdrops him, but Garvin turns it into a pin, gets two. Garvin goes for the ten count corner punch, gets atomic dropped. Sidewalk Slam for the win. Short match, kinda dull. Garvin attacks after the match and attacks Frenchie Martin, Dino’s manager. What a dick, he lost fair and square! Garvin stomps to Frenchie. Jesse is right! Gorilla: “I think he looks good in that position!” Man, Gorilla could barely justify this unjustified attack, and he’s been doing that all night. Pretty nothing match overall, but at least it was only 3 minutes.

wm5-dinoslam.gif.gif

The Brain Busters vs. Strike Force
Wow, a three tag team matches in one show, with another to come. Between legit teams (mostly – the 4th has an illegit one). Tully rushes Martel and they double team Rick, but he powers out and everyone’s brawling now. Double dropkicks send the Brain Busters out. Arn is in with Rick. Double wristlock puts Arn on the mat. Rick locks in the Boston Crab, but Tully thumbs Rick in the face. Double team bulldog on Tully. Figure four on Tully. Martel gets the figure four on Arn! Arn stops an early victory by thumbing Tito. Mat exchange leads to backslide pin, Arn makes the save. Small package on Tully, but ref is occupied with Arn. He didn’t see the Strikeforce tag. Tully avoids an attack and Tito hits Rick! CHICO SANTANA, rather. Brain Busters are in control on CHICO. Sunset flip on Arn, but he tags in Tully. Crossbody on Tully! BB still in control. “I don’t know what kind of shape Chico is in.” “Chico is in great shape!” Tito caught Arn in midair! …What? Tito grabbed Arn from the top turnbuckle, he was totally not in midair. Tito goes for the tag, but Martel is still hurting! He’s not reaching for the tag! Martel leaves his partner! Chico is fucked. Martel is really selling that one punch. Spinebuster! I thought it’d end here, but Tully is tagged in and Tito makes a comeback. Goes for the monkey flip, but gets slammed down. Piledriver spike gets the win for the Brain Busters. That was good, the Brain Busters are pretty rad.
wm5-rickbetrayal.gif.gif

ibsSbdtO62SoK5.gif

wm5-spikepiledriver.gif.gif

Santana wins at WrestleMania: 1
Santana losses at WrestleMania: 4

Mean Gene is with Rick Martel. That was fast. Martel is tripping over his words a bit. He claims he had to carry Tito. He doesn’t want to be associated with that guy anymore. Tito is lucky he just walked off, that could’ve been a lot worse for him!

Part 2 is coming soon!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
aren't these reviews kinda pointless?

seriously tho

just join the neogaf podcast network and do an hour time block reviewing these things.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
neogaf podcast network?

it was an idea I gave to some people.

With all these community threads, it could be enough different pre-recorded podcast everyday to do an 24/7 podcast stream on shoutcast. The only thing holding it up is what could be played between shows.

I suggested video game music and apparently that's frowned upon these parts.

but I digress...

It still may happen.

tm24

Predictions for tonight!

1. Anniversary Opening Match: Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs. Minoru Suzuki & Taichi
2. Manabu Nakanishi & KUSHIDA vs. Jado & Gedo
3. Anniversary Special 6 Man Tag Match: Super Strong Machine, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask vs. Captain New Japan, El Desperado & BUSHI
4. Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Prince Devitt, Tama Tonga & Bad Luck Fale
5. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka, Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI
6. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii: DRAW
8. Anniversary Special Singles Match: Kazuchika Okada vs. Kota Ibushi

Naito won't get his win back on Ishii yet, thats gonna happen in the first round of the NJ Cup.

Vylash

it was an idea I gave to some people.

With all these community threads, it could be enough different pre-recorded podcast everyday to do an 24/7 podcast stream on shoutcast. The only thing holding it up is what could be played between shows.

I suggested video game music and apparently that's frowned upon these parts.

but I digress...

It still may happen.

pretty cool idea

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Man, Arn's spinebuster was always a thing of beauty. It's never been duplicated with such power and speed either.

Kaladin

WrassleGaf.

I've got good news! I solved my gifcam issue, I should have no problem creating quality gifs for Mania 6.

**gavel**

Can we have some decorum please?

I've got some bad news....I was under the weather today and couldn't do my review tonight as planned. I have plans to go out tomorrow night, so if it happens it will either happen early Thurs evening or on Friday. I would rather post it a day late and be awesome, than do a quickie and be not awesome. Plus by Friday I will know if this is a full on cold or not.

DiscoJon

Banned
I will ruin your real life if you do.

You want to mess with the King of the Football Field? The Master of the Marching Arts? I'm a Box 5 player to your Box 3, pal.
Marching Band Fast Fact: Most marching band competitions are judged by various captions, such as Visual Performance, Music Ensemble, Percussion, Color Guard, etc... Within each caption the individual score sheets are usually comprised of "boxes." Box 5 being the highest, Box 1 being the lowest. Thus, Box 3 is typically "average."

FINE. ADD ME TO THE LIST.

@JonCordell

Well Flair's argument was that they stole the idea from Japan and tried to pass it off as original, and then proceeded to bury everyone in the company for two years straight and all but ran WCW out of business. He said that when he was with the Horsemen, they made their name by making others look good, whereas the NWO made their name by making themselves and only themselves look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom