• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Second: Edea Lee confirmed in Famitsu magazine

L~A

Tomoya Asano announced in a livestream that she'd be back, and Famitsu confirms it this week. From the looks of it, she's become some sort of knight.

l_54bca3010e5b88nfsu.jpg

Edea has grown up since her last appearance and now sports a blue ribbon and outfit. She’ll become a protagonist and judge the opposing Asterisk holders of the previous game through a new “Barter Sub-Scenario System.”

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/edea-lee-returns-bravely-second#id86yzxfWPVBZd0L.99

Looks like Famitsu got some info on the Pâtissier job (revealed last week in Jump magazine) too.

Source (magazine comes out this Thursday).

Reknoc

This is the only Bravely Second news I needed. Now I can ignore everything about this game until it gets released in the UK.

Faustek

What? Why would she be?

didn't they mention in the stream that this was
several hundred years
later?

Haven't really kept up but I have this notion that they did. But it does sound weird.

Probably Praying Brage where she jumps 200 years into the future. Technically her age doesn't change but meh

Also, I liked her Praying Brage design more

aha, missed that. Was wondering why they still looked normal and made up this crystal effect in my mind.
Like stopped ageing or something.

L~A

Probably Praying Brage where she jumps 200 years into the future. Technically her age doesn't change but meh

Also, I liked her Praying Brage design more

But is that even the same character? She doesn't have the same name.... Then again, I don't know much about Praying Brage, so...

Altima

I'm not impress with new playable characters but I think I am going to buy it to check out my old comrades in the first game.

L~A

I hope she's an Asterisk holder.

Oops, missed that little tidbit on Famitsu article (always think it's just random "please buy the magazine for more info" banter, ha ha):

週刊ファミ通2015年2月5日号(2015年1月22日発売)では、前作のメインキャラクター、イデア・リーが本作に登場することが判明。本誌では、青いリボンをつけ、成長した彼女を紹介している。また、イデアが主人公となり、対立する前作のアスタリスク所持者をジャッジしていく、“バーターサブシナリオシステム”の存在も判明。そのほか、特殊な料理で敵を弱体化する“パティシエ”といった新ジョブの情報も! 詳しい情報は、ぜひ本誌をチェックしてほしい。

Looks like she's a hero/judge, not an asterisk holder.

Brakke

Banned
Really wish Bravely Second had less to do with Bravely Default rather than more. Default's garbage end game left a real bad taste in my mouth, would be more excited if this new thing was fresher.

Neo Dark

That's Edea Lee Oblige. Unless something was revealed in Praying Brage, she's different character.

Isn't that Agnes's descendent or something?

But is that even the same character? She doesn't have the same name.... Then again, I don't know much about Praying Brage, so...

To be honest, I wasn't sure. I didn't really follow Praying Brage. I just went off the Wikia (yeah I know that's not really reliable) http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Edea_Lee but that's the only info I could find.

Edit: Offtopic but spiritfox, are you the same spiritfox in GW2's GAF guild?

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Really wish Bravely Second had less to do with Bravely Default rather than more. Default's garbage end game left a real bad taste in my mouth, would be more excited if this new thing was fresher.

They won't use the same thing again for the second game, would they? I'm more concerned about recycled assets and the same world map, but I have to confess I'm not up to date with that ...

Brakke

Banned
They won't use the same thing again for the second game, would they? I'm more concerned about recycled assets and the same world map, but I have to confess I'm not up to date with that ...

No clue. It's mostly that I thought the good parts of Bravely Default were all in the combat and clas system and streamlining things like encounter rate and stuff. Not the characters or the story.

Jintor

MGRGRGRGRGRGRGRGRGR

No clue. It's mostly that I thought the good parts of Bravely Default were all in the combat and clas system and streamlining things like encounter rate and stuff. Not the characters or the story.

Ring and Edea are great characters with great foundations that don't go anywhere. Tiz is largely boring. Agnes likewise.

Top Bottom