• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's AKA Jessica Jones | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathyBoy

Banned
feels like that's the case with every netflix show (except for wet hot american summer).

the episodes (and seasons) are too long for their own good.

13 episodes is too long?

Daredevil's problem was the finale was very good rather than excellent. It built like a novel instead of a standard TV show, and the last episode was less fireworks than resolution.

When's it releasing Marvel? They announced DD's release date in January, three months before it's premiere. If it's coming in 2015, we're running out of dates!

13 episodes is too long?

Daredevil's problem was the finale was very good rather than excellent. It built like a novel instead of a standard TV show, and the last episode was less fireworks than resolution.

very good? that episode was a C- in like a B+ season. the karen/ben plot really dragged towards the end. and for a series that had such stellar fight scenes the one with kingpin felt kind of goofy. it just felt like a really different series in that last episode.

i remember being so hot on the show in the first couple episodes and by the end of it it was just like "hmm...that was pretty cool i guess"

Pachimari

I don't follow the comments about the last episode being completely different and goofy. You are probably right, and I am the one not seeing it, which sucks lol.

The one thing I didn't like about Daredevil was his red costume. Anyway, hopefully Marvel and Netflix will soon start up the marketing machine for Jessica Jones.

DeathyBoy

Banned
very good? that episode was a C- in like a B+ season. the karen/ben plot really dragged towards the end. and for a series that had such stellar fight scenes the one with kingpin felt kind of goofy. it just felt like a really different series in that last episode.

i remember being so hot on the show in the first couple episodes and by the end of it it was just like "hmm...that was pretty cool i guess"

Yeah, very good. Much better than that risible Stick episode.

I thought the last episode was great. I'm one of these people that hates when a "grounded" interpretation tries to stray too far from its roots, so seeing Daredevil suit up in red and throw down with Kingpin was pretty great.

Neoxon

I was just about to pose the episode titles, but then I saw this thread being updated with them. Maybe the show is gonna come out sooner than expected.

I was just about to pose the episode titles, but then I saw this thread being updated with them. Maybe the show is gonna come out sooner than expected.

Man, I hope so. I need something new to Netflix binge and OITNB isn't my bag. Also, I haven't read a huge amount of Marvel comics, but Alias is up there as one of my favorite series. Just such an interesting concept.

I also think David Tennant will outrank both D'Onofrio and Loki as best MCU villain.

Neoxon

Man, I hope so. I need something new to Netflix binge and OITNB isn't my bag. Also, I haven't read a huge amount of Marvel comics, but Alias is up there as one of my favorite series. Just such an interesting concept.

I also think David Tennant will outrank both D'Onofrio and Loki as best MCU villain.
At the very least, they're about half-way done with post-production for the episodes judging by the time stamps for Episodes 1-6.

Neoxon

Any news on whether Paul Rudd's guesting?

I figure if anyone from the film is down to pop into Netflix, it's the guy who makes time to appear in offbeat stuff regardless of whether it has any value to his career.
He was probably busy with Civil War. But I do agree, if anyone from the films is gonna guest star in the shows, it'd be Paul Rudd.

Quick

Banned
From the other thread.
Teaser trailer for Jessica Jones, and a premiere date of November 20.

November 20. Right at the thick of the fall TV lineup. Not that the production will have anything to worry about being away from network TV.

I hope the title sequence is as good as Daredevil's.

November 20. Right at the thick of the fall TV lineup. Not that the production will have anything to worry about being away from network TV.

I hope the title sequence is as good as Daredevil's.

Since it's the Friday before Thanksgiving week in the U.S. chances are that it will be re-runs that week.

guek

Banned
So stoked. All haven't decided how I'll watch, slowly or binge. I've found binging isn't that great for dramas but it's so hard to resist...

Quick

Banned
So stoked. All haven't decided how I'll watch, slowly or binge. I've found binging isn't that great for dramas but it's so hard to resist...

I watched an episode a day for Daredevil until about midway when I ended up watching the rest of the season in a few days.

DeviantBoi

We know Daredevil started filming in July 2014 and was released on April 2015. That's 9 months.

AKA Jessica Jones started filming in February 2015. That's 7 months after filming on Daredevil started.

So, taking those timelines, maybe we'll see the next shows around these dates:

Daredevil - April 2015 (filmed July 2014)
AKA Jessica Jones - November 2015 (filmed February 2015)
Luke Cage - June 2016 (filmed September 2015)
Iron Fist - January 2017 (filmed April 2016)
The Defenders - August 2017 (filmed November 2016)

I'll be very sad if we don't get another Daredevil season until 2017 or 2018.

I was right about Jessica Jones.

I'm thinking Daredevil season 2 will hit April 2016. Dunno if that will affect Luke Cage.

jmood88

They're pitting it against Amazon's much hyped 'Man in the High Castle', so I actually would have preferred this to start either a week earlier or later, to be honest.
Why can't you just watch it a week later? It's not like either series is going to disappear if you don't watch them the week they're released.

ll5b.png

Always like those details, just like in Daredevil

Shaanyboi

Banned
Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| Purple Haze

I wonder if Luke Cage & Iron Fist will have similar shots that we can put together like a puzzle.

I can see them using this as their stylistic signature. Show Luke Cage with a far more yellowish, brown, black tone. Iron Fist has a far more supernatural, greenish effect.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Why can't you just watch it a week later? It's not like either series' are going to disappear if you don't watch them the week they're released.

I'm just noting that it's a very aggressive move from Netflix, and one that doesn't necessarily benefit avid TV fans who are already drowning in TV.

Neoxon

I'm just noting that it's a very aggressive move from Netflix, and one that doesn't necessarily benefit avid TV fans who are already drowning in TV.
It's great for binge watchers such as myself. And if I recall, most Netflix Originals do the same thing. Plus there's the added benefit of it being Netflix, so Marvel can get away with more (I'm pretty sure Jessica Jones wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for Netflix).

Shaanyboi

Banned

That's not really their concern. Especially considering the ratings Daredevil pulled in, an Amazon Video drama isn't going to get in their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom