• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's AKA Jessica Jones | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Marvel_Netflix-620.jpg

bNKbeA8.jpg

Thanks to Not The Droid You're Looking For for creating the Photoshop Stuff on this Image

Once upon a time, Jessica Jones was a costumed super-hero, just not a very good one. Her powers were unremarkable compared to the amazing abilities of the costumed icons that populate the Marvel Universe. In a city of Marvels, Jessica Jones never found her niche. Now a chain-smoking, self-destructive alcoholic with a mean inferiority complex, Jones is the owner and sole employee of Alias Investigations - a small, private-investigative firm specializing in super-human cases. In her inaugural arc, Jessica's life immediately becomes expendable when she uncovers the potentially explosive secret of one hero's true identity. But her wit, charm and intelligence just may help her survive through another day. Thrust into the midst of a conspiracy that reaches the highest levels, has Jessica burned too many bridges to turn to old friends for help?
(Taken from the Description of the Alias book by Brian M. Bendis, on which this series is based on. The Series may be different. But you should buy the book, its very good and not the usual capes n costumes stuff. You can get it here!

Shooting: Februar 2015
Release: November 20th

-Story
"A former super-heroine decides to reboot her life by becoming a private investigator."

-Staff:

Executive Producer:
Melissa Rosenberg (Dexter)

Produced by:
Tim Iacofano (24)
Kevin Feige (All of MCU)
Jeph Loeb (Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter)

Cinematography by:
Manuel Billeter (Person of Interest)

-Lineup:

Jessica Jones - Krysten Ritter
Power-Man/Luke Cage - Mike Colter
Purple Man/Zebediah Killgrave - David Tennant
Hellcat/Trish Walker - Rachael Taylor

Episode Titles:
1x01 - AKA Ladies Night (52m)
1x02 - AKA Crush Syndrome (52m)
1x03 - AKA It's Called Whiskey (54m)
1x04 - AKA 99 Friends
1x05 - AKA The Sandwich Saved Me (50m)
1x06 - AKA You're a Winner (54m)
1x07 - AKA Top Shelf Perverts
1x08 - AKA WWJD?
1x09 - AKA Sin Bin
1x10 - AKA The Kumbaya Circle Jerk
1x11 - AKA I've Got the Blues
1x12 - AKA Jewel and the Power Man
1x13 - AKA Smile

-Trailers
Premiere Announcement Teaser

Trailer #1

Trailer #2

-OTs

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones.

Marvel's Jessica Jones *SPOILER THREAD* |OT| Thanos is Purple, Man.

Penguin

Why do we need a production thread for this?

Most other shows just usually converts one of the announcement threads into pre-release discussion.

Neoxon

Most other shows just usually converts one of the announcement threads into pre-release discussion.
There was a Daredevil Production Thread to my memory (correct me if I'm wrong), so it's only fair.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

It was requested my some of the people in the generell Netflix thread, so I made one.
We should get a lot of informations in the next weeks since shooting started a couple of days ago.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh if you insist

I should probably get to reading Alias at some point. I've kind of fallen off the whole buying comics thing since I went into my overdraft last year though, and it's kind of hard to get back into. I need to finish Hawkguy :c

Buy a month of Marvel Unlimited (Marvels Netflix for Comics) for 10$ and read through it all ;)

jph139

Buy a month of Marvel Unlimited (Marvels Netflix for Comics) for 10$ and read through it all ;)

Unfortunately, Alias isn't on Unlimited - none of the Marvel MAX stuff is as far as I know.

I don't think it's available digitally at all actually. Huge oversight on Marvel's part with the show coming out.

Oh if you insist

I should probably get to reading Alias at some point. I've kind of fallen off the whole buying comics thing since I went into my overdraft last year though, and it's kind of hard to get back into. I need to finish Hawkguy :c
Yeah, I've been off my comic game as well. Waiting for Hawkguy oversized hardcover volume 2 to release. In the Summer :(

So Marvel Unlimited doesn't have Marvel's entire catalog? I never actually tried it out since I can't really get into comics anymore. I loved the stories, characters, and some of the art, but I just couldn't take the awful dialogue and forced awkward posing. That's why I love the MCU, actually. Outside Avengers, you typically have pretty good dialogue without weird poses. Has that improved at all in the last 20 years or so? I haven't really followed comics since the 90s.

DeathyBoy

Banned
So pumped for this. Ritter is a solid actress, Tennant's done some creepy as fuck villain work before, and tonally it'll feel utterly unique MCU wise.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Rachael Taylor (aka Hellcat) Spotted On Set Of A.K.A Jessica Jones.
Yasssss. I love her.

I hope she actually gets to show up in costume as Hellcat. I can't see them casting her as that character without the intention of also putting her behind a mask, but...you never know.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
This comes out in December doesn't it? Daredevil may be in it also right?

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
This comes out in December doesn't it? Daredevil may be in it also right?
No official release date. At one point they said "end of 2015," then someone (Netflix guy?) backtracked and said there's no set timeline for these shows...

Luke Cage is in this. They haven't given any indication to Daredevil being in it though, as far as I know.

I have a feeling the Netflix MCU will be even better than their Cinematic MCU. I'm loving the tone from the street level MCU. Like Breaking Bad and 24 but with superheroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom