• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's AKA Jessica Jones | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseMath

So my wife and I are moving through the season–we're on Ep.9 now–and there's two things that really, really bother me about the show.

The first is the way the action is shot in that nothing is believable to me as super powerful. Watching the action scenes is almost like watching a poorly cut, poorly acted pro wrestling match. I just don't buy that any of these characters (Luke or Jessica) have amazing physical strength or can do amazing physical feats.

The second is Kilgrave's motives. This may get resolved later, but as of now they're so thin and under developed that I don't really care that he's the bad guy at all. Yes, he does bad things and controls people's minds and whatnot, but there's nothing specific about his motives that make me want to root for Jessica and for him to fail.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
The second is Kilgrave's motives. This may get resolved later, but as of now they're so thin and under developed that I don't really care that he's the bad guy at all. Yes, he does bad things and controls people's minds and whatnot, but there's nothing specific about his motives that make me want to root for Jessica and for him to fail.

You would think that him having no motivation for doing his bad things would actually make you root more for Jessica to win and for him to fail. He does get some backstory further in the series, though.

Also, here's a the OT, in case you missed it. Fair warning, though, open spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom