• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Iron Fist | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceWolf

Banned
0RQDdjv.jpg

Nizz

Screen-Shot-2016-12-09-at-9.08.24-AM.png

Even Peter Parker's more ripped than Danny, and he has the same thin wiry physique in the comics.

That was a fake six pack though.

wasnt the whole body (minus the head) cg in this scene? still, tom ist in great shape.

as for iron fist: maybe the pictures were taken directly after he was cast (costume test). he only had a few weeks to prepare for the role.

Wait, what? Is there a source for this talk of cgi abs?

Kyne

He's not that out of shape, compared to the average American at least lol.

60% of america is obese.

With that body of his I'm sure he's in the top 10% of "in shape" people.

As someone who has a slender physique and doesn't care to bulk up, looking at this all the time:

tumblr_m5tl7oumYK1qg9gt6o2_500.jpg

was getting kind of depressing.

Do you know what the first thing I thought looking at these new Iron Fist pictures was? "Damn, I almost have the body of a Marvel Cinematic hero."

60% of america is obese.

As someone who has a slender physique and doesn't care to bulk up, looking at this all the time:

Do you know what the first thing I thought looking at these new Iron Fist pictures was? "Damn, I almost have the body of a Marvel Cinematic hero."

Yeah plus a lot of those actors are on roids.

I mean if I was about to be in a super hero movie/show I'd prolly be on roids too, but I think the Iron Fist dude just didn't have enough time to get all jacked and shit (plus maybe he just didn't want to be all roided out), which I think is fine to be honest.

Could he be in better shape? Yeah. But saying he's in "really bad shape" is kinda insulting considering most people I see are schlubby looking as fuck.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
60% of america is obese.

I know how you feel man. I feel the same when I watch Chris Pratt.

chris-pratt-parks-and-rec-kaboom.jpg

Bleepey

He is really out of shape.

Homeboy needs to hit the Marvel workpout programme. Zac Snyder's DC doesn't even tolerate that shit from 60 year olds playing commisioner Gordon

agGrwxn_700b.jpg

Kung Fu Bro needs to come correct. Standards are slipping. Charlie Cox needed to get cut if he wasn't gonna bulk up. Here are the other dudes in the MCU:

43076723c573892a1933d7724fbb9fb6.jpg

Bleepey

Does this also count as body shaming? It seems people are just as critical of Finn Jones or whatever his name is as they are of Gal Gadot?

60% of america is obese.

This.

Quick

Banned
Does this also count as body shaming? It seems people are just as critical of Finn Jones or whatever his name is as they are of Gal Gadot?

Let's not go as far as to say he received as much hate as Gal Gadot with their bodies.

Gal Gadot has had it way worse for a longer period of time. The scrutiny on her part is also pretty terrible in comparison to "he's not buff enough."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You motherfuckers worried about the dude being too thin and im here crying because we will have no costume / mask.

Im so sure of that I would bet good money on it. If I wasnt broke. Ill bet my dignity tho, what little I have.

Pachimari

You motherfuckers worried about the dude being too thin and im here crying because we will have no costume / mask.

Im so sure of that I would bet good money on it. If I wasnt broke. Ill bet my dignity tho, what little I have.
I said from the start we won't get a costume or mask but others are equally sure he'll get one.

We will see him shirtless wth those pants, in his business suit and in an open shirt.

It's a Marvel Netflix show, it might take till the finale, but we're getting the mask and costume.

So, when the OT is coming up and what is the title?

Anyway, here's my suggestion:

Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| My favorite episode is Gliding Fire Cloud Kick

Quick

Banned
I'm assuming TheOddOne's on OT duties once again, and it's usually up a week before it comes out.

I'll add three suggestions:

Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| Hi-yahh
Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| I know kung-fu. Hi-yahh
Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| Hardcore fisting

I'm assuming TheOddOne's on OT duties once again, and it's usually up a week before it comes out.

How about Marvels Iron Fist OT Unleash the Dragon?
Or Dragons are Forever

Pharaun

Here's my contribution for a thread title

Iron Fist spoiler thread - I went to K’un-L’un and all I got was this tatoo

Platy

Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| American Ninja 6
Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| The Mortal Iron Fist
Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| Kinda last Defender
Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| Big Trouble in Little NY
Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| The Kung Fu Kid
Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| With Great Tatoos comes Zero Responsability

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| The K'un-L'un Kid
Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| Rosario Dawson's Boat Payments IV
Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| Stream the Dragon
Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| Crouching Producers, Hidden Saviorism

Jonogunn

In an interview with SFX Magazine (via GamesRadar), Buck said "there was no good reason" they could think to put him in that outfit. In the series, Rand "is still discovering who he is as a hero and where he is going to be." As such, he's "not yet ready to put on a mask or a costume."

Welp. Looks like that guarantee I made months ago on here that he would have a proper costume is wrong. Good thing I don't remember what I said I would do if I was wrong...

histopher

For fucks sake! Really??? Iron Fist looks completely wrong so far. Tone is off, actor is unconvincing. Fuck I wish they did a movie instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom