• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Iron Fist | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You motherfuckers worried about the dude being too thin and im here crying because we will have no costume / mask.

Im so sure of that I would bet good money on it. If I wasnt broke. Ill bet my dignity tho, what little I have.

latest

Kelsdesu

Welp. Looks like that guarantee I made months ago on here that he would have a proper costume is wrong. Good thing I don't remember what I said I would do if I was wrong...

So he is going to look like a scrawny mess in whatever garbage uniform he ends up wearing.

This series and Inhumans have me the most concerned. For seperate reasons.

Spuck-uk

Banned
People have some really fucked opinions on what the actor should look like. Maybe he just doesn't want to do a load of roids* then cut weight just for being topless in a TV show.

*Yes, hella actors do, nobody is putting on 15+ lbs of muscle in a year naturally. Tom Hardy was pretty open about how he got massive to play Bane.

TheOddOne

Seems like assets for this show are barebone, one cast photo and very few hi-res pictures. Daredevil and Luke Cage has all of their stuff up at least two weeks before release.

Might have to delay this to a later date, but it will be up.

Hyun Sai

Whelp, I miss the good old days when Keaton didn't have to show his muscular prowess to play Batman.

And I don't care much about a costume, as I wished Daredevil never put the suit and kept the jeans / bandana, was much better.

Sony

Nintendo
Don't like the Iron Fist actor at all... I'm kind of bummed this will tie in to the Marvel "TV" universe because I really like the cast of the other Netflix series: Daredevil, Punisher, Jessica Jones etc.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Whelp, I miss the good old days when Keaton didn't have to show his muscular prowess to play Batman.

And I don't care much about a costume, as I wished Daredevil never put the suit and kept the jeans / bandana, was much better.

Yeah, the daredevil suit was really jarring and bad, should have just kept the black bandana going

Daredevil season 1 was grounded, yet he still put on a red devil costume by the end.

And, quite frankly, it made the ending quite a bit worse.

And the mystical stuff is commonly cited as what went wrong with Season 2.

Heck, the second half of Luke Cage is pretty much disliked because it got too comic-book silly and campy compared to the serious first half.

I don't blame Marvel/Netflix for sticking with what they do best.

Then don't bother with anything else?

I mean, I think what they are trying to do is to find a happy medium between the grounded, gritty stuff that works from a dramatic and budgetary/location perspective, while staying true to the comic book stuff to the full extent they can.

We'll see if it actually works, but here sounds like people want them to go full comic book with this and that's simply not possible because of those things.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
IGN said:
Iron Fist, exec produced by Dexter’s Scott Buck, is Marvel’s most generic Netflix series yet. So much of it feels familiar from many other recent superhero tales — Batman Begins, Doctor Strange, even a bit of Iron Man and Arrow — and the story the series has thus far offered in its first six episodes does little to shake up that well-worn formula.

Oh dear. And Scott motherfucking Season 6 through 8 of Dexter Buck is also handling Inhumans. My hype for that is dead too.

Pachimari

Oh dear. And Scott motherfucking Season 6 through 8 of Dexter Buck is also handling Inhumans. My hype for that is dead too.

Quoting the final verdict in here:

Marvel's Iron Fist starts off sluggishly, seeming far more like a soap opera than a superhero series, complete with bland, pretty, rich people sneering and scheming over family fortunes.

Fucking hell Marvel TV.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Ah, man. Netflix/Marvel have had four winning seasons in a row so I guess it's time for one to miss the mark. Looks to be Marvel TV's first bust.

But we'll see. Still planning a marathon next weekend.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Variety loves it!

“Marvel’s Iron Fist” is deadly — in all the wrong ways.

Quite a few dramas in the streaming arena have pacing problems, and even Netflix’s better Marvel programs have displayed an affinity for contrived, time-killing subplots. But “Iron Fist” is the most frustrating and ferociously boring example of Netflix Drift in some time.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Not surprised in the least.

Scott Buck ran Dexter into the ground and ran over it with a bulldozer

The man behind the phenomenal last 3 seasons of Dexter, and now this critically acclaimed Iron Fist season, is also showrunning Inhumans, a show where Black Bolt is some dude in pleather. I can smell the quality already!

Pachimari

I'm fucking sad, that some of my most favorite cb properties in Iron Fist and Inhumans are being handled by Scott Buck.

Doctor Strange, Hulk, and Namor were all Defenders too. Can we replace Iron Fist with one of them? Cumberbatch does tv!

These reviews are hilarious in a sad way.

If anything that means Iron Fist is actually worse than the reviews are stating.

Pretty much. If those snoozefests were getting praised before then how bad must this show actually be that the same critics can't say much good about it. Even calling it boring.

Oh well. Punisher is out this year too anyways. I can't imagine that being worse than some of these.

gforguava

Pretty much. If those snoozefests were getting praised before then how bad must this show actually be that the same critics can't say much good about it. Even calling it boring.
But if these people think that something lame like Luke Cage is good then maybe if they say something is bad (like Iron Fist) then it might actually be good, right? Terrible taste can go both ways.

I'm going to keep on keepin' the dream alive.

Froli

for being Ironfist, he doesnt even have a martial/super hero physic

With the trailer and pics, I'm ready for the huge disappointments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom