• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's AKA Jessica Jones | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her powers are more or less irrelevant to the series.

Eh, she flies and uses superstrength a bunch of times.

But her origin and power set are very much intended to be generic; the entire point of her character in Alias is basically "generic superheroine gone wrong."

Quite how that aspect will carry through into the Netflix series remains to be seen, as the MCU has a much more limited history and that sort of origin and power set isn't really an established trope in-universe.

Pachimari

Wait she can fly!? Whoa didn't know that. Actually I know nothing about her, so I'm excited to see what kind of show this ends up as.

Dalek

I wonder if they can tie DD, Jessica and Luke Cage having the origins of their powers be related to the same chemical/pharma company.

Oh man, the cliffhanger for the episode when (ALIAS spoilers)
Jessica gets arrested.
"Who the hell are you?"

"... Matt Murdock, I'm Jessica's lawyer."

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Oh man, the cliffhanger for the episode when (ALIAS spoilers)
Jessica gets arrested.
"Who the hell are you?"

"... Matt Murdock, I'm Jessica's lawyer."

they neeeeed to do that

i don't need to see
daredevil in costume during AKA
but that scene right there needs to happen. bring it all together...

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/marvels-jessica-jones-adds-three-775241

eka_darville_erin_moriarty_wil_traval_split-1.jpg

Eka Darville, Erin Moriarty and Wil Traval are joining the cast.

Darville will play Malcolm, a neighbor of Jessica’s whose life will cross with the private detective's in a surprising way. Moriarty will play Hope, a young girl who becomes a client of Alias Investigations, Jessica's business. Traval is playing a by-the-book New York Police Department officer.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
https://www.list.co.uk/article/6901...cage-is-a-darker-grittier-more-tangible-hero/

Mike Colter talks about Luke Cage:

What can you tell us about the Luke Cage TV series on Netflix?

Marvel actually gives you a special training class in how not to say too much in interviews [laughs]. We’re in the middle of shooting AKA Jessica Jones and Luke Cage is a very interesting character who just happens to have super strength and unbreakable skin. He’s a neighbourhood hero, very much linked to New York and Jessica Jones. It’s all part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe but Luke Cage is a darker, grittier, more tangible character than Iron Man or Thor. He likes to keep things close to his chest, operate on the hush-hush. He has these abilities but he’s not sure how and when to use them. He’s a very nuanced character.

So all these heroes pop up post-Battle of New York? Any explanations how they get their powers in the MCU?

in Agents of Shields, they mention that people with powers do exist and SHIELD keep a list of people who they know. some people got their power because of accident, contact with alien artifact or some kind of experiment and there are some who we just got no explanation at all.

Slayven

I am pretty sure they will do the prison pressure cooker thing for Luke Cage. Maybe make it an Hydra project gone wrong. But in his show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom