• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's AKA Jessica Jones | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Follow-up panel

1276079-new_avengers_51__mr.shepherd_megan__pg20.jpg

Pachimari

I'm extremely excited about Daredevil but have a little hard time getting excited about Jessica Jones. But that's okay because I didn't know her before the Netflix series were announced and I haven't read any of the Alias comics. I also never liked Krysten Ritter.

I'm excited about the show because it's part of the MCU though, which can make me really excited on its own.

I have heard Alias is darker than Daredevil? In which ways?

Mudcrab

I'm extremely excited about Daredevil but have a little hard time getting excited about Jessica Jones. But that's okay because I didn't know her before the Netflix series were announced and I haven't read any of the Alias comics. I also never liked Krysten Ritter.

I'm excited about the show because it's part of the MCU though, which can make me really excited on its own.

There's a point in Alias where things get considerably darker than most capebooks. Daredevil can be pretty depressing at points, but nothing quite compares to what Jessica goes through (which is saying something). Going into detail might spoil you more than you want.

Neoxon

They go to places you wouldn't expect.

I like the concept of this character.

Will give a shot and make several friends give it a shot as well.

How much focus is going to be on Luke Cage's shenanigans?

Krysten Ritter and David Tennant are unequivocally perfect choices. I am very excited for the Daredevil launch but I have a feeling this show is going to be the break out hit of the Netflix Marvel era.......well at least til my man Iron Fist shows up.

bengraven

Fuck the larger MCU, I want to see Spidey and Wolverine with Luke Cage and Jessica and Doctor Strange in a New Avengers movie.

I can't wait to see Hellcat! I hope they have some sort of reference top the character's long and crazy history. We know she'll be a child star and former model, right? I just hope she was on terrible teen romance shows that we get to see. And I hope she's very chipper and kicks lots of ass.

bengraven

i would love to see spidey and logan chilling out. those two are so fun together

Spidey is like the nerdy, awkward little brother of the superheroes and I really love that dynamic. It's like he's a fanboy of them and he annoys the shit out of them.

New Avengers, when he finally shows some science knowledge, Jessica Jones is on the phone with Cage like "um, apparently Spider-man is a genius, contrary to the evidence..."

He also is getting his own show.
Mike Colter is playing him.

So he's both going to be a reoccuring character in this AND getting his own show(in which Jessica Jones will be a reoccurring character)?

If so that's a bit odd, especially if they choose to make them take place at the same time(which I doubt).

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i like that doge sneakin in a pic with Hellcat

So he's both going to be a reoccuring character in this AND getting his own show(in which Jessica Jones will be a reoccurring character)?

If so that's a bit odd, especially if they choose to make them take place at the same time(which I doubt).

They take place in "real time." AKA will air in 2015, so her story takes place in 2015. Luke Cage will air in 2016, so a year or so of time will have passed since the end of AKA, JJ.

I don't want to get into spoiler territory, but I think Luke will be a relatively minor character in AKA, but Jessica will be play larger role in LC.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i stopped Breaking Bad a while back, wondering when to get back into it.

apparently i got up to right before Ritter shows up in the show. guess i'll watch that now.

I can see it

It's purple in the same way my friend's hair was purple when he tried to dye it black. Really really dark purple.

EDIT: Or I'm blind. Both work.

I don't know much about ol' Jesse except that she has a baby with Luke Cage and she fights in New York. What's her personality like and her powers?

What do u mean by
juices

That what i think it is? Lol

Lol nah. I don't really know how it works but they are basically
taking her blood or DNA or whatever and injecting it into themselves.
Someone smarter than me can explain it better I'm sure.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think Mattie is a Mutant, some thugs used her as a source for Mutant Growth Hormons.

Dram

I thought they were
eating her body's tissue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom