• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

I find it kind of weird that Stanley's suddenly active now that there's a spotlight on him. He may've just been busy until tonight, but that doesn't sit well with me.

well i actually do get a few more chances to check in now that things have slown down at work, but how does averaging at 2 posts a day count as sudden activity?

FEP, in the interest of equality for all people, I will treat you the exact same way as I would treat your predecessor
Vote: FlatEarthPandas
TWE went nutso when I prodded your past, failed clone, so I guess this is as good a starting point as any.
And when I flip town the town then learns nothing from it. You have minimal voting data from the role and very little interaction with other players. You'll get info on TWE and those so eager to push this wagon down the hill. Except those are most of the active players and I'm sure you'll all forgive each other. Hopefully the rest of the town wakes up D4.

In the meantime I'll poke around as much as I can and put forward whatever theories I can. I read through Ri'Orius and Bowlie this morning without much from it. I also looked into most of Squidyj and while I'm disappointed I felt like he was so aggressive toward me personally my only scummy reads are from those interactions so no change to my read list so far.

Zubz

Banned
I'm 99% sure I won't have a chance to vote tomorrow, unfortunately, but I don't really have anyone that I want to vote for. Rather than end up with another "buzzer" post, I'm just going to vote for RedFalco, as sort of a last second prod, and hope I get to class early enough to change my vote if need be.

Vote: RedFalco

squidyj

I'm 99% sure I won't have a chance to vote tomorrow, unfortunately, but I don't really have anyone that I want to vote for. Rather than end up with another "buzzer" post, I'm just going to vote for RedFalco, as sort of a last second prod, and hope I get to class early enough to change my vote if need be.

I mean if you want him to talk, that's fine but a vote? you're voting for redfalco?

I'm very torn. Honestly I don't feel like the case against FEP is very convincing. Reading through the whole TWE prod exchange, it does feel kind of weird I suppose, but I really don't think TWE would have been that transparent. It feels way too easy to me. I also wouldn't vote for Salva at this point, as I simply don't think we have enough to go on on that front. The case against Star isn't perfect, and the possibility of her flipping town is scary (considering how powerful her supposed role is), but I do feel as if she's the more scummy one here. I think I'm going to follow my gut and keep my vote on her.

Not voting this instant because that would put Flat at around 6 votes. Also, matt's post played a bit into my voting for Panda. Also nothin else seems to be going down either.

Are we still testing Star's power?

Given the choice between Star, Salva or Pandas, I still think Salva's the right choice. His prior incarnations did some very suspect things, and his overreaction to the spotlight today (including trying to craft a narrative that anyone who voted for him was only doing do because it's "safe") give me an uneasy feeling in my bosom.

I wouldn't be 100% against a Pandas vote, but that's my mindset right now.

Vote:SalvaPot

Sorry dude. Of the people I've been suspicious of, your case makes the most sense.

I'm still on the table, And I understand if you guys end up going for me still.

As for me, I've decided who I'm going to use my power on tonight (Provided I don't get lynched). If I end up getting NK'd, you'll still know what happened, so.

Also, wiht this vote, just don't believe xam's claim?

SalvaPot

Vote:SalvaPot

Sorry dude. Of the people I've been suspicious of, your case makes the most sense.

I'm still on the table, And I understand if you guys end up going for me still.

As for me, I've decided who I'm going to use my power on tonight (Provided I don't get lynched). If I end up getting NK'd, you'll still know what happened, so.

No hard feelings, follow your heart and all that.

RedFalco

The way I see it, there are three explanations for star being weird about her role pm wording:

1. Sorian wrote the pm unclear
2. Star was genuinely confused by her role pm and got things wrong
3. She is scum that is making it up as she goes.

1 is extremely unlikely, Sorian is a terrible person but not because he sucks at writing role pm's ;) 2 and 3 are about just as likely to me. I have played a game with town Star before and honestly, she was very confused about a lot of things there too. I wouldn't be surprised if she genuinely read her role pm wrong. However, it could just as easily be a cover for her to hide her mistakes behind as a scum making shit up. For now, I am not going to vote for her since the power she claims is not an easy one to hide with, if she is lying that will probably become clear eventually, but I will keep my eyes on her.

For now, I will put my vote on:

VOTE: Salvapot

Quantum was weird with that opening post of him just going to follow Scrafty. Drago had mostly prod votes, an extremely safe read list and a vote on TWE after he already had quite a bit of votes. Salva posted a lot more then the other 2, but reading his posts I don't really get a good feeling for who he thinks is suspicious. He is suspicious of Xam , but it is very unlikely we are going to lynch Xam anytime soon. He also defends Starsketch, which considering it looked like that one of those two was going to be lynched today would be a good move for scum if Star is actually town: Star gets lynched and flips town -> salva gets some town points for defending her. Salva gets lynched and flips scum -> Star would become even more suspicious since a scum defended her.
I agree with the bolded, I feel that perhaps I was wrong with my initial opinion of StarSketch and SalvaPot is taking advantage of the situation knowing that she's not Mafia. Plus StarSketch's lynch looked so imminent since she had gathered so many votes that he decided to make his defense on her so obvious so that he'd look as one of her few/sole protector. Thus he could come back and say, "Told you, RedFalco!" and continue his theory that I want to lynch em both continuously and try to put suspicion upon me. Plus he didn't(or still hasn't, although he posted at: #1631 and #1632 while my reply to him was on #1575.) reply to my response. He came back after being gone and didn't read the previous page? I highly doubt it.

As for you StarSketch, you haven't been fully cleared in my eyes but at least my suspicion has diminished a bit.
Yesterday you were very rambly, again as I stated before maybe because you were nervous for having multiple votes on you and you not wanting to be lynched because according to you you're a valuable role to town. I didn't like how you weren't very pro-town with your "I give up" attitude.
But at least today you've been trying to be a bit more proactive and have been trying to gather more info. I hope it's because you want to do a good thing for town and not just because you've calmed down since the votes for you have diminished.
It seems like you're not gonna be lynched today but if you're town and a Jailer the likelihood of you being targeted/killed during the night phase seems high since you'd be a very powerful role and possibly one that may have already thwarted Mafia's plans in the past.
So any more info or reads you'd like to say?

Anyone that you felt accused you without good justifications?

I saw that you voted for Xam earlier, do you feel his actions to vote for you justified or not? How do you feel about him now?

Did you notice anyone just kinda jump on the bandwagon to vote for you without their own reasoning?

I see that you just voted for SalvaPot, do you agree with any of my reasoning about him?

6. Hipster Cthulhu [m] flatearthpandas [m] - confirmed town. As far as hipster, he never did anything scummy in my eyes. He was a new player and demonstrated that, but he didn't do anything scummy. Votes right now are a lazy excuse to avoid scum hunting imo. Again, town.
This is really weird. How is Hipster Cthulhu(which is essentially you now) confirmed town? Just because you came in and read his/your Role PM? That gives us no evidence that you're "confirmed town".
9. QuantumBro [m] Drago [m] SalvaPot [m] - Talk about overreaction. I found nothing too concerning about QB's intro. His "I lost one game doing this" post was probably the most suspicious to me. Honestly, I think suspicion on Salva based on QB is lazy and hard-headed. Kalor, confirmed town, claimed familiarity with the community QB hailed from and also saw nothing suspicious about it. That isn't to say he wasn't scum, but I want the discussion more on Drago and Salva because harping on QB seems extremely lazy. Null.
I've personally added more than the QB stuff, you can read it yourself Here and Here. You don't have to agree with any of it but to say that people have focused mainly or just on what QB said isn't true. Besides judgement isn't based off of 3 separate entities. It adds up: QB+Drago+SalvaPot. Even though they're 3 people they make up one persona and you should judge it as a whole.
As for you using Kalor, who is now a confirmed townie, as a way to justify QB's behavior isn't a very good argument. Kalor died day 1 without having any more info than QB's initial posts which back then they could have been attributed to his normal behavior. He's not here to post about day 2 and 3. Neither one of us knows what he'd say about QB/Drago/SalvaPot now with all that's happened from day 1-3.

I see like 4 reasons for this vote.

1. Just a prod vote(which you state that it is), pretty normal. Yeah, I really don't post very often I agree and admit that, but when I do I try to make them substantial. Although like Squidy said, why a vote and not just state that you want me to talk?

2. You don't believe that Xam is a cop and thus his claims about those who he has cleared would be fake.

3. You still think I am acting suspicious, which if you think that I am then that's fine, I would just like you to give me some reasoning.

4. You're placing a safe vote. Potentially so that if we lynch the wrong person then you can't be accused of being part of it. You say that you don't have anyone to vote for although here you said you'd vote for StarSketch, bar a game changer.
Gah. I know you're probably just playing us, but stupid statements like this makes my gullible self want to trust you. Plus, it definitely seems like we have a blocker, yet no one has counterclaimed. Still, everyone's right about your role seeming like it was made up on the spot, and your use of it didn't seem like the best use of you power (Although I can see why you'd want to jail Xam). I'm kind of afraid to vote, because I don't want to end the day so early (We're at 6 votes; don't we only need 8 for majority?), but barring a game changer, I'm voting for Sketch.
Admittedly things have certainly changed from then til now, maybe not "game changer" but they have changed, I'll give you that. So I guess there could be some uncertainty where you'd want to place your vote. What I do find a bit weird is that you didn't vote at all this day phase and will end with a prod vote. Since according to you you're "99% sure I won't have a chance to vote tomorrow".

Holy crap that's a lot

I agree with the reasoning about Salva.

The Xam vote was because Xam has been going very heavy on trying to lynch me. Most of the other people on that line have at least backed off a bit to aim for other targets while still keeping an eye on me, but I don't think Xam ever changed gears.

Also, his role claim and the fact that he's still here still sort of bugs me, but I'm not sure if scum is trying to play the long game by not hitting obvious targets or if something else is happening.

I haven't noticed anyone jump on the bandwagon. I messed up pretty bad, and so I totally understand why I'm in this situation now.

Re: redfalco

It was my read list, yo. Not the town in general's. Naturally I will be confirmed town in my own eyes. You don't have to share my convictions. And always worth mentioning hipster didn't do anything really scummy and that this lynch is being fueled by a dead scum and not by anything I or hipster actually did or said.

And I do think it was appropriate to bring up Kalor. He wasn't justifying bad behavior, he was confirming alternate playstyles on another site. It's not like theory in other places evolves with the intent of being anti-town. Being confirmed town, he had no reason to lie about that. But as I think has been agreed, QB and what little he had to do with the game is over. Let's [continue to] focus on Drago and Salva.

If you believe Xam is lying why not vote for Xam?

Or do you think his results are off?

roytheone

Angry-Mr-Bean-Shakes-Head.gif

We have three lynch candidates today, and for your (probably) final vote you decide to..... Do a prod vote? Extremely late in the day? If this vote stays until the end of the day, It will basically be a "no vote" in disguise, which is unacceptable imo.

Read through Drago and Salva's posts as well as Redfalco's comments on them. Drago I found a bit funky but I found Salva's posts relatable. I get that I'm predisposed to find Falco's theory attractive but... I'd like to think it should be clear to most that TWE wasn't doing Hipster/me any favors D2 and have found it strange from the beginning that people really think he was trying to. If the only candidates now are me, Salva, and Star then I'll throw in for Salva.

Vote: SalvaPot

The case there actually accounts for the quantifiable actions of that role, whoever was at the helm, and I still feel that listing Star is a risk/it's worth keeping for the protection the gambit offers for now.

If my head wasn't on the block I would vote differently. Likely CB or CF, but that isn't going to happen today. If I'm around for D4 I'll build cases. As it is, it's late. I'll be poking around but that's all.

roytheone

Guys, I am 90% sure Zubz forgot about my investigation into Falco
Hell, even the confirmed towny forgot about it

That doesn't change the fact that he does a prod vote as his (probably) final vote of the day while we have three decent lynch candidates.

On a unrelated note: New nintendo direct tomorrow! Judging from Gafia history, they probably are going to announce something Ace attorney related, right?

That doesn't change the fact that he does a prod vote as his (probably) final vote of the day while we have three decent lynch candidates.

On a unrelated note: New nintendo direct tomorrow! Judging from Gafia history, they probably are going to announce something Ace attorney related, right?
The Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney universes have merged
Lol

There's an Ace Attorney specific livestream on the 6th though.

I guess there could be a Great Ace Attorney localisation announcement, but I've pretty much given up hope on that one.

Sorian

Banned
There's an Ace Attorney specific livestream on the 6th though.

I guess there could be a Great Ace Attorney localisation announcement, but I've pretty much given up hope on that one.

The bolded is the only reason I'm running this game. Gafia magic knows no limits.

ok, catching up:

flatearthpandas. I voted you both due to TWE's overreaction, and the fact that neither you or your predecessor have been especially active, and haven't been giving much to make me feel any better about you. There's also you being dismissive of/trying to downplay voting reasons. Yes, TWE's actions don't have to have been towards a fellow scum player, but it is a possibility that I want to consider. Plus saying that you'd want to vote for CB? I'd love to know why, beyond OMGUS, because right now he has a proven pro-town power role.

SalvaPot. Salva has been more active since swapping in, but a lot of it has been over defensive, and trying to paint a narrative against people voting for him, and that kind of bothers me. That initial defensive posts bugs me enough to be really tempted to vote for you.

StanleyPalmTree, the initial reasoning against him was really weak, but since then he hasn't really been over active, and hasn't really given me enough to form any real sort of read on.

Zubz, leaving with a prod vote on someone with a green check from Xam? Falco has been low quantity, high quality in terms of posts, and that makes me slightly uncomfortable due it being a playstyle that allows you to avoid really engaging in the conversation. But as long as we don't have a reason to doubt Xam, I'm not really willing to vote for him.

Sorian

Banned
Current Vote Count:

SalvaPot (5)
ScraftyDevil
Redfalco
roytheone
StarSketch
flatearthpandas

flatearthpandas (4)
squidyj
CrimsonFist
CornBurrito
Xamtheking

StarSketch (2)
Xamtheking
Matt Attack
roytheone
CrimsonFist
CornBurrito
TheGoddamn
Xamtheking
StanleyPalmtree

Redfalco (1)
Zubz

EzekelRAGE (0)
TheGoddamn

Xamtheking (0)
StarSketch

CornBurrito (0)
EzekelRAGE

8 votes are needed for majority.

Day 3 ends in:
bla_1456956000.png

Vote: SalvaPot
If anything, this flip will help shed some light on exactly what QB was doing D1, which we can then use to analyze interactions with other players.

Sorian

Banned
The courtroom stood silent staring at the defendant's stand. When this whole exercise had began an unknown butler had been at the courthouse. He spent his first day making an opinion known and promptly disappearing. The next day, a different man, wearing the same clothing was found in the courthouse. To say the least, things were getting weird but concessions were made and the benefit of doubt was given.

The third day was when it got weird. The man in the butler uniform was no where to be found. Instead, a single walkie-talkie sat in the courtroom. It was there to give a single message.

"My contract has been concluded. I no longer have any ties to my former client."

With that, the line at the other end cut, never to be heard again.

killer-normal(a).gif

SalvaPot has been removed from the game

Welcome SalvaPot!

You are Shelly de Killer, Professional Assassin

Your role is the Mafia Blackmailer

You are the third heir to the famous line of assassins known as “de Killer.” You are a consummate professional that completes each of your jobs with quick precision and failure is never an option. Your client today is one [REDACTED] and this job will entail some killing and a lot of blackmail.

You have the ability to blackmail a living player each night. You&#8217;ve done your research and done it well and you have enough to silence anyone here today. Once a player has been blackmailed, they will be roleblocked until such a time where the status has been removed. If you are ever lynched or killed, all blackmailed players will have the status effect removed. You can blackmail a living player each night by PMing me the command LEAVE THE CALLING CARD: <playername>. Additionally, during the first night phase and only the first night phase, you may choose to blackmail two players.

You may also submit your factions kill by PMing me the command KILL: <playername>. You may perform both your night action and the faction kill in the same night.

Your partners are: [REDACTED]. Your mafia chat room can be found here.

You win when your team makes up at least 50% of the living player list, and there are no other active killing abilities remaining.

All currently blackmailed players are no longer blackmailed.

The highlighted redacted is the identity of another role in the game that has not been discovered and will not be disclosed. I will update the vote sheet to reflect day end in a few minutes.

Night 3 ends in:
red_1457193600.png

Sorian

Banned
Last post (stay sleeping)

This Saturday might be weird for me so the night phase may be shortened (and by shortened, I mean it might end up being exactly 3 days as opposed to 3 days and this extra 5ish hours) a bit. All people capable of night actions will know for sure when their actions are due privately and I'll give a heads up in the thread ahead of time if things change.

Sorian

Banned
Night phase update. Night 3 will be shortened by a few hours due to my schedule. As always, all night actions are due to me at least an hour beforehand.

Night 3 ends in:
red_1457193600.png

Sorian

Banned
A full sweep of the courthouse was done after de Killer's departure. No new evidence was found and there was no hint that anyone had actually left the courthouse. With the trained assassin gone, there was slight hope that this game was done but as day turned to night, they all knew that they weren't so lucky.

Morning came and on the way to the courtroom, Apollo found something in the hallway that hadn't been there the day before. A camera, placed in the center of the hallway. Purposely left to be discovered. The picture on display was quite shocking. It showed a bare assed Lotta Hart being spanked by Phoenix Wright.

"Uhh......"

As if sensing the confusion and realizing that the displayed image was incorrect, the camera shimmered for a moment and displayed something even more horrible. A picture of Lotta, tied to a chair, with a single bullet hole in her head.

Oh, and Larry Butz died too.

CrimsonFist and roytheone have been removed from the game.

Welcome CrimsonFist!

You are Larry Butz, Man Child

Your role is Vanilla Town

When something smells, it&#8217;s usually the Butz. One of Phoenix Wright&#8217;s childhood friends and a bit of an overemotional artist. Luckily for you, you just met a new girl this week, that gives you at least three days before you are dumped again.

You do not have any actions, but you may judge your peers in the court of law (which means you can vote).

You win when all non-town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one town player still alive.

Welcome roytheone!

You are Lotta Hart, Hot-Headed Photographer

Your role is Vanilla Town

No matter where you go, there always seems to be a scoop to be found. Armed with your trusty camera, you always seem to get the photos that can cause a huge turnabout (after staring at them for ten minutes trying to figure out which pixel has a contradiction).

You do not have any actions, but you may judge your peers in the court of law (which means you can vote).

You win when all non-town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one town player still alive.

12 players remain. 7 votes are needed for majority.

Day 4 ends in:
blu_1457539200.png

For clarification on the joke, before the game started roy and I kept sending lewd phoenix wright pictures to each other. When he found out that he rolled Lotta then he started sending me Lotta themed pictures and the one described above was one of those.

Hopefully Xam found scum. Those two were 2 of our most active/vocal posters. Gonna assume I'm gonna be it in the next night phase. Then scum can just coast along with minimal discussion being done.

I really feel like I'm living up to the first sentence describing my character :-/.

Top Bottom