• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

If star protects Xam, he can't use his power.

Ah right. The details of her role slip me.

So it is basically a "wall" power? No role gets in, no role gets out? With somehow the exception of none killing roles...

We still dont know why/how Xam was immune from getting my item on N2.

Star is proven. Zeke is proven. Corn is quasi-proven. Xam can only really be proven with a tracker, role cop, or flip. I think we need to either decide to trust him or lynch him.

This reflects on squidy as well. If we lynch him we either believe he and Xam are both scum, squid's a godfather, or we shouldn't be lynching him.

Not at all. I didn't even receive instructions on how to use it; I thought it would just activate automatically until Corn told me I had to do it manually.

Was hoping you'd keep playing along. But yeah it is automatic. Was hoping we could trick scum into trying to night kill you at some point since you could claim you used the burger manually.

squidyj

As an Update I am sick, I just got up and I'm probably going back to bed soon. I don't know what's been going on in the thread but I hope I'll be able to participate before the end of day phase so please don't hammer me early.

blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'disjufvo;ldsvldsvnhcdsv;sdlavjasdgfjsdil;fjds;flsdajfas

Scum took out 2 of our most vocal members.

Vote: Zubz

Scum and perhaps a neutral killer.

Anyway, I'm fine with voting squidyj, Zubz, StanleyPalmtree, TheGoddamn, and Matt Attack.

The idea of squidy being a Godfather is risky, so I'm absolutely fine not testing that out today.

Zubz

Banned
Just to roll back a bit here, Xam called it. I kinda forgot RedFalco was cleared... :/

Anyway, as for Zeke's post...

Says he would vote for Salva. At this point in time, the vote is 5 for Star, 1 for Salva

On top of the role being passed from inactive to inactive, Salva's "You see this? This is a face you could trust" post sat with me the wrong way. However, I then realized that's a pretty dumb reason to vote for someone, just for what was probably a flavor-y joke, so I wanted to sweep that under the rug.

As for StarSketch, I initially thought her Role Block claim sounded, well... Sketchy. But now it seems like she really did block Xam (Especially since no one else has come forward). There's a chance that she could have that same power on the Injust team, but if that was the case, why didn't she just let her buddies kill Xam? So I trusted her story of making uncertain moves after this point.

Says CB is most scummy after Star, but didn't vote for either.

So, I think we're good to name claim here, as you said? I'm Maya Fey (Surprisingly, she's a Vanilla role). I was suspicious of CB because I thought he was breadcrumbing Maya when he went on about Burgers, and that distrust lingered a little bit into the Gumshoe Power Reveal. This was especially so because, even at this point in the game and after people explaining that name claiming only benefits Injust in this case, CB was really wanting us to name claim, and was trying to argue that having a player take the role of Masque DeMasque was suspicious simply because most of the other deceased players were primary characters, whereas Ron DeLite is only relevant for 1 case.

I made this post after he revealed himself as Gumshoe, but I was having difficulty understanding why he would give the player with the Cop/Seer role the power of the Cop/Seer, as it would just be a wasted move if we gave an Injust player that power, and Xam has that power inherently, while Scrafty is a cleared player who doesn't have a Night Power. It seemed anti-Justice to make a move like that, so I thought maybe his entire Role Reveal was just a large bluff. However, I reread and realized that the Metal Detector detects actions, not alignment (And Scrafty already had the Burger). Therefore, it would be extremely bad in Injust hands, so the move made a lot more sense. I still think CB's fixation on name claiming is weird, but I believe he's Gumshoe now.

After that he says SP is suddenly active, then gives that up almost immediately it seems.

I was running out of ideas when I made that post, honestly. And I did forget that Palmtree was getting a bit more active. When he pointed that out, I dropped it because that shot a hole in the only theory I had. I've been having a lot of trouble with reads this game.

Then he votes for Redfalco, who was cleared by Xam, and had some quality post that day phase about Salva.

That post was made very late for me. I forgot Xam cleared RedFalco, as well as about RF's Salva-focused post. At this point, I trusted CB, trusted Star, and trusted Palmtrees. I didn't want to not vote because we were well beyond the point where a No Kill is a good idea and, forgetting about the aforementioned stuff regarding Falco, I thought he was being way too quiet to not find suspicious.

When he votes for Salva, FEP has 4 votes while Salva has 3, so it is close. He obviously knows the story with SP since he stated earlier he would vote for him. But he chooses his last vote of the day (ignore my hammer, he was 99% sure he wasn't gonna be able to vote) to be a prod vote. Someone he didn't really even mention in that day phase. Not on any of the ppl he called out in posts today or either of the two scum candidates at the time.

I could read that as scum not wanting to get his hands dirty, but also not wanting to make it hard on his teammate and voting for him. So votes for random person.

At this point, the only reason it felt like people were voting for either of them were because they were replacements for inactive players/Salva's defense of Star benefited him no matter how she flipped. They were both worth looking into, but I was afraid of making the wrong pick here, because at that point, I was more focused on getting a vote in and getting to bed.

And not that I've been Scum in a GAFia Game outside of ONUW, but I'm a total bus-pusher during in-person Werewolf. I'm kind of a bad assistant.

Would also like to bring up my post about Zubz/TWE
cda30126394a9cbc5e78eaef9fc49bfb.png

As I said before, Edge always plays aggressively. It wasn't until he reached meltdown-levels that I started to think it was abnormal behavior for him.

---

With all of that out of the way, I'd like to look at the fact that we had 2 deaths, even after de Killer was de Kill... Kill de... There's a joke in there somewhere, but I'll let someone else dig for it if they want. Either way, we have another character with night kills running around. Personally, I think it's a very unlucky, pro-Town Serial Killer, but I don't know who that'd be. Nobody voted for either of Roy nor CF, so I don't know who would want to kill either of them outside of the Injust. They were both active players, so they were good Injust Kills, but I don't think they'd have a third way to Night Kill. I mean, that's totally a possibility, but it seems OP. Is there any way a Just player could have the power to give another player a free Night Kill, and then they accidentally gave that power to an Injust one?

As for Squidy, it's possible he could be a Godfather/Alpha Wolf that goes under our Cop/Seer's radar, but that's a bit of a risk. I'm with CB on being okay holding off on Squidy at the moment.

I believe Zubz. That rounds off our Vanilla townies, so I think a name/role claim from everyone who hasn't claimed yet is the best course of action, which is only like 4 people by this point

I believe Zubz. That rounds off our Vanilla townies, so I think a name/role claim from everyone who hasn't claimed yet is the best course of action, which is only like 4 people by this point

Normally I'd oppose this but... yeah we actually have almost everyone claimed at this point.

So lets claim.

Wait a minute. I've never blocked Xam, only Scrafty and Rage.

We're still not sure of why Xam didn't get Corn's item. I would assume it was Salva's fault, but neither Xam or Corn has been notified of any blackmailing (unless they're not coming forward with it for whatever reason)

As for our missing evidence, hell if I know what happened.

Also why are we name claiming at this point?

Not at all. I didn't even receive instructions on how to use it; I thought it would just activate automatically until Corn told me I had to do it manually.
Curiouser and curiouser.

I think it's worth name claiming at this stage.
Not sure what that would accomplish. I think we're approaching the time where role claims might be appropriate though. Not yet, but I do feel like now is the time for any counterclaims people might be sitting on.

I'd like to get thought on the neutral killer. It's possible there isn't one and scum just have two kills. But if there is one, who might it be?

Definitely not Scrafty.
Not Ezekiel as we know what he's been up to.
Likely not Star as we have evidence of her block.
Likely not Xam because claiming cop is a ballsy move for a neutral killer.

I can personally be sure it isn't me. Everyone else not a neutral killer should personalize this line with themselves. Scum can add their scum buddies.

That leaves six possible people for town and as little as three for scum. I would expect pro-town voting patterns but without too much initiative. Laying low is probably a safe bet.

Can anyone think of any reasons why any of the remaining six couldn't be a neutral killer?

So, I think we're good to name claim here, as you said? I'm Maya Fey (Surprisingly, she's a Vanilla role).

Zubz, would you be willing to explain these two comments?

... And then possess another player from beyond the grave. Isn't that right... DAHLIA HAWTHORNE??! Damn, I wish I actually had evidence to make that case.
Like a demon... Isn't that right, MattAttack? Or should I say... DAHLIA ATTACK?! ... I never actually finished Justice for All, so Dahlia, Manfred, and Klavier are the only villains I have to go off of. Plus, like, I have no badass "Gotchas!" to make .

For the record, my role name is Mia Fey and my night action, which cures the Blackmail status (I am also immune to said power, which could explain one of the missing reports) takes the form of the command POSSESS.

latest

Zubz

Banned
Wait a sec, I wasn't asking if "we're good to name claim" as in "everyone should do so." I was just saying it because, at this point in the game, it's good to do so if you want to do so. Being a Vanilla player, and because I was explaining why I distrusted CB's "Burgers" posts, I thought now was a safe time to claim Maya. But that doesn't mean that the remaining players have to. Especially because, again, Injust players were almost certainly given a list of AA characters who wouldn't be counterclaimed (Back when I thought CB was claiming Maya, I assumed it was because he was trying to paint her as a Power Role, not simply to clear himself).

Zubz

Banned

For the record, my role name is Mia Fey and my night action, which cures the Blackmail status (I am also immune to said power, which could explain one of the missing reports) takes the form of the command POSSESS.

latest

I was joking in each post (In the first one, I was coming up with a reason as to why Xam would make a Seer/Cop claim so early into the game. Second time was straight up a joke).

Granted, I do think that one of the Scum characters is Dahlia. Just maybe not with a power as OP as "take over another player after you're killed." I could see her with the Godfather/Alpha Wolf power of "Avoid Cop/Seer Detection," though.

I was joking in each post (In the first one, I was coming up with a reason as to why Xam would make a Seer/Cop claim so early into the game. Second time was straight up a joke).

Granted, I do think that one of the Scum characters is Dahlia. Just maybe not with a power as OP as "take over another player after you're killed." I could see her with the Godfather/Alpha Wolf power of "Avoid Cop/Seer Detection," though.

I'm just going to go ahead and say that I think that by the time of those comments, you knew of my night action (which I used on Scrafty N1) somehow. I'm afraid that the odds of it being a coincidence that you both used the term "possess" and linked the train of thought to me in the next comment are pretty low. It really seems to me as if you were trying to breadcrumb something.

Zubz

Banned
I'm just going to go ahead and say that I think that by the time of those comments, you knew of my night action (which I used on Scrafty N1) somehow. I'm afraid that the odds of it being a coincidence that you both used the term "possess" and linked the train of thought to me in the next comment are pretty low. It really seems to me as if you were trying to breadcrumb something.

I'm telling the truth, though. Edge said you only come when called. I made a dumb joke about summoning demons. It's honestly just a coincidence; I have no information beyond what everyone else knows, now that I've claimed Maya.

VOTE: StanleyPalmtree

neat. any particular reason or is this more of a 'on thin ice' kinda vote?

anyway, were role-claiming? were role-claiming!

i am Ema Skye. (the younger sister of Lana Skye, Xam's role, and yes this is important)

i the power to investigate other players, However i can only use this power if the other player who can investigate (Xam) dies ( it specifically states that i inherit thier abilities).

i did not intially know who who had the investigate power,
not the role name, although from flavor and the use of the word inherit it was an easy guess that it was Lana
or the player, but Xam made damn sure that didn't stay a mystery for very long.

currently all i can do from this is confirm that Xam is legit, not that there were many doubts about that still lingering.

Zubz

Banned
I still think Power Roles should be left unclaimed right now, especially because an unknown apprentice could be a game changer.

Though this assumes that all who have claimed PR's are telling the truth. I think I'm the only openly Vanilla out right now.

latest

I find this a bit hard to believe honestly.

How does Possessing clear the blackmail. And why does this ability exist?

Like, De Killer can blackmail people. Those people can announce they've been blackmailed. And then you just clear them. What's the purpose of a scum role blocker with a town role block deblocker?

Like, De Killer can blackmail people. Those people can announce they've been blackmailed. And then you just clear them. What's the purpose of a scum role blocker with a town role block deblocker?
With a one time double, we would always be playing catch up I guess. It makes sense to me for there to be a clear with otherwise permanent role blocks flying around.

With a one time double, we would always be playing catch up I guess. It makes sense to me for there to be a clear with otherwise permanent role blocks flying around.

permanent until De Killer dies anyway.

But fine, I can see it. The one time double gives scum an a +1 advantage for the never-ending block/unblock cycle.

Though it seems weird nobody but Roy ever seemed blocked.

Lore given is that I possess them and help them destroy incriminating/embarrassing evidence.

It's also worth mentioning that until Salva was lynched, I had no clue what blackmail did, only that it had detrimental effects.

Lore given is that I possess them and help them destroy incriminating/embarrassing evidence.

It's also worth mentioning that until Salva was lynched, I had no clue what blackmail did, only that it had detrimental effects.

What... the.... fuck....

that lore though. What.....

Mia helping people destroy evidence. :-[

Zubz

Banned

Wait, "rounds off?" Is there a known limit to Vanilla Town players?

RedFalco

Well, you're not exactly wrong, but I think the circumstances between QB and Squidy were a little different. Squidy of course is one of our more active players, one who at the time, a number of us seem to have had a town read on (myself included.) In this situation, I think it's unlikely that a scum player would try to cast suspicion on Squidy's generally decent reputation. In QB's case, you had a player who was completely and totally inactive. On D1, considering his inactivity and the suspicion he drew fairly quickly, QB probably would have been a pretty good target for a scum bus to gain credibility. As for your pointing out TWE's read on Drago on his D2 reads list, you'll see that he doesn't actually call Drago scum. Rather, he says that while he felt QB was pretty scummy, he seems open to giving Drago another chance (in other words, he's looking for an out from having to vote for his partner without 100% committing to it.) Once QB got replaced, I think there's reason to believe TWE tried to slowly reverse his stance of suspicion against him.
Yup, I can see that TWE was dwindling down on accusing Drago as scum by that point. Hence why my point was more to point out the fact that we must be careful when reading TWE's posts(since you used a TWE attack on Squidy as Squidy's defense) because at one time or another he did act as part of town. Attacked by TWE(known Mafia) doesn't automatically make you town, and a read as Town by TWE doesn't automatically make you Mafia. He defended and attacked both sides at one point or another.

As for your role claim, based on how you phrase it, you wouldn't know if DeKiller would've attempted to blackmail you or not, correct?
What about when you possess others to clear their blackmail? Do you get a message confirming that you've cleared their blackmail? Do they?
Did you use your power to get rid of Roy's blackmail?

Xam and StarSketch, neither of you answered my question:
did either of you think you were gonna die last night?

CornBurrito, did you PM Sorian about whether or not a dead person would receive your gift? If so, what did he say?
I don't see that Sorian responded about it on the thread, he said he'd be busy yesterday but I think he should've had a chance to respond to it by now.

Sorian, if possible, could you post your answer in the thread? CornBurrito asked himself so it's not like I'm asking for him.
Sorian can you tell either here or via PM what the answer is?

I think it's worth name claiming at this stage.
Why?

As an Update I am sick, I just got up and I'm probably going back to bed soon. I don't know what's been going on in the thread but I hope I'll be able to participate before the end of day phase so please don't hammer me early.

blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'disjufvo;ldsvldsvnhcdsv;sdlavjasdgfjsdil;fjds;flsdajfas
Quite unfortunate if true, but quite convenient as well.

Just to roll back a bit here, Xam called it. I kinda forgot RedFalco was cleared... :/
The easiest answer to give, although plausible.

Zubz, either you're not paying close attention to this game(which isn't good)...
You forget about the check Xam gave me(and as far as this post you neither claim me suspicious nor Xam so it seems that you hold the check to be true)

As for StarSketch, I initially thought her Role Block claim sounded, well... Sketchy. But now it seems like she really did block Xam (Especially since no one else has come forward). There's a chance that she could have that same power on the Injust team, but if that was the case, why didn't she just let her buddies kill Xam? So I trusted her story of making uncertain moves after this point.
state something that StarSketch didn't say she did.

With all of that out of the way, I'd like to look at the fact that we had 2 deaths, even after de Killer was de Kill... Kill de... There's a joke in there somewhere, but I'll let someone else dig for it if they want. Either way, we have another character with night kills running around. Personally, I think it's a very unlucky, pro-Town Serial Killer, but I don't know who that'd be. Nobody voted for either of Roy nor CF, so I don't know who would want to kill either of them outside of the Injust. They were both active players, so they were good Injust Kills, but I don't think they'd have a third way to Night Kill. I mean, that's totally a possibility, but it seems OP. Is there any way a Just player could have the power to give another player a free Night Kill, and then they accidentally gave that power to an Injust one?
Imply that DeKiller had a killing ability of his own, when on SalvaPot's Role PM it doesn't say that. It only explicitly says that he can blackmail and that he can send the kill action for his whole faction.

...so again, you're not paying attention well, or you know something we don't know.
For the StarSketch post are you saying that you thought she said she had blocked Xam (StarSketch didn't say that) or are you making a statement that you think StarSketch lied and actually blocked Xam that night as opposed to blocking Scrafty as StarSketch said she did?

Plus why do you think there's a pro town serial killer? And does this mean town-aligned vigilante or neutral trying do pro town actions by attempting to kill Mafia but failing to do so?
You do know that we already did have a town vigilante, right? It was Bowlie/Franziska. I hope you didn't also forget. Although the possibility that we would have another town Vigilante is there but it seems unlikely since we already had one.

I really don't get why we've not only name claimed but also role claimed. Especially without even trying to do it simultaneously so as to have the chance for Mafia to mess up and claim a name that has already been claimed. Now all Mafia has to do is look at the names used up and claim another Town sounding one.
As for role claiming, if Townies are stating the truth, it lets Mafia know exactly what roles exist thus they can navigate more easily in the pattern that would best suit them.
But I guess at this point it doesn't matter since pretty much everyone other than TheGoddamn and Squidy(whom people were casting suspicion upon and now will most likely be last to name/role claim [since he claims he won't be around cause he's sick]) have name/role claimed. At least it will force them to name and role claim as well.
I am Diego Armando, Vanilla Town.

As for your role claim, based on how you phrase it, you wouldn't know if DeKiller would've attempted to blackmail you or not, correct?
What about when you possess others to clear their blackmail? Do you get a message confirming that you've cleared their blackmail? Do they?
Did you use your power to get rid of Roy's blackmail?

I am not informed of any blackmail attempts made on me, nor do I receive a message regarding the success or failure of my own action. I have no idea what a player is told when I possess them. Yes, I possessed Roy. I don't know if it went through or not because I don't remember him claiming that he was cured.

Sorian

Banned
People are allowed to talk about any side conversations that could have conceivably happened outside of this thread. The stipulation, as always, is that nothing gets directly quoted.

Ok. So basically had a switcher been involved, my item wouldn't have failed to transfer.

So something somehow either blocked me or made Xam immune.

Top Bottom