• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

Sorian

Banned
I'm going to be out most of the day so I won't have the google doc updated but I will be keeping tabs on the game by mobile. Just a heads up.

roytheone

For clarification on the joke, before the game started roy and I kept sending lewd phoenix wright pictures to each other. When he found out that he rolled Lotta then he started sending me Lotta themed pictures and the one described above was one of those.

I will send people this picture upon request.
You don't want to see this picture.

8a519be7580747eda2225784b20478ea.png

With my vote only counting once, I think we can say Star's ability may work as planned? With CF/Roy being vanilla, I can see Star being town PR with role block since Salva was a role block for Scum.

I think between MA/TG/SP there is at least 1, possibly two Scum. Also need to look at Zubz with his random vote on Redfalco.

Looking at Salva's pm we have:
Mafia
Neutral Killer
+
Whoever hired Salva?

Will post more when I get home from work. I have a good idea of who scum is.

Also I gave the evidence to Roy. Who is dead. So either switching happened or dead players still get the item. If the latter, scum has no access to the override.

I think squidyj is a godfather type role. His voting patterns fit scum I believe.

I think there's a high chance at least one godfather type character is in this game. As said I can explain in 3 or so hours when I get home.

I could buy squidy being GF type. The way he has coasted by these last couple of days has been rubbing me the wrong way, but with Xam clear, didn't really bother to make anything out of it.

I'm on-board with a squidy lynch today. He's been acting kind of off ever since being cleared, as though he knows he can coast on through. Whether that's because he's in cahoots with Xam or had just tampered with the investigaton, I suppose we'll find out.

VOTE: squidyj

Also, anyone with a habit of inactivity is going to have to step it up as we enter the last stages of this trial. Tomorrow we will potentially only have 8 people left, and anyone not contributing will actively hurt our chances of flushing out the last handful of villains.

squidyj

I'm on-board with a squidy lynch today. He's been acting kind of off ever since being cleared, as though he knows he can coast on through. Whether that's because he's in cahoots with Xam or had just tampered with the investigaton, I suppose we'll find out.

VOTE: squidyj

What's so weird about what I've been doing? I was trying to explore lynch options in the last day phase.

Fucking 3-green combo
Flatearthpandas shows up as Town
But yeah, I am also on board for a squidyj lynch.
Also, StarSketch, I heart you 5ever
Vote: Squidyj

squidyj

I think squidyj is a godfather type role. His voting patterns fit scum I believe.

I think there's a high chance at least one godfather type character is in this game. As said I can explain in 3 or so hours when I get home.

fuck this, a salvapot train goes from 0 to 60 while I'm sleeping and suddenly I'm scum.

Fucking hell. Just caught up on day open only. I wanted to start the day strong but the timing is crazy awkward. I'll be around in 10 hours or so, but feel pretty confident there were scum in my votes so I'll look there given nothing else. I do see there's other activity though.

Ok so if I survived, I can post this:

Yesterday's vote was fucking HUGE.

SalvaPot (8)
ScraftyDevil
Redfalco
roytheone
StarSketch
flatearthpandas
XamtheKing
EzekielRAGE

flatearthpandas (3)
squidyj
CrimsonFist
CornBurrito

StarSketch (2)
TheGoddamn
StanleyPalmtree
Matt Attack

Redfalco (1)
Zubz

Based on timing alone, roy and starsketch don't strike me as scum. I also dont think flatearthpandas is. Nor do I believe Ezekiel or Xam are.
In fact, I feel comfortable stating anyone who voted for Salva is town.

So that leaves: CrimsonFist, squidyj, CornBurrito, Zubz, StanleyPalmtree, TheGoddamn, Matt Attack.

squidy was cleared by Xam. However, I'd like to bring up the possibility of a Godfather role. This belief is based mostly on the fact that

1. Town has Scrafty.
2. Town has protection (StarSketch if she's honest, and whoever protected Xam from recieving my item N2)
3. Town has a cop and Shelly did not lead to false positives.
4. Shelly's PM says "Your client today is one [REDACTED] and this job will entail some killing and a lot of blackmail."

4 in particular, that means scum has a "leader" and that might very well be a Godfather.

Among these people, I think CrimsonFist and squidyj are the most suspect. I stick with my belief that scum will have a high post count poster tryingh to lead discussion.

Did CrimsonFist or squidyj try to steer people away from Salvapot yesterday?

Yeah, if it wasn't obvious, I blocked Rage last night.

...And Mafia hit unexpected people again. Interesting.

You being spared in particular is astonishing.

I think either a switcher did it (saving you, but why they replaced you with Roy or Crimson is beyond me), or you are scum but have a legitimate role block.

Actually didn't miss that much, i guess. I wish i could post a video of me posting because it's fucking ridic. But I've been staying over squidyj for a while just because of how aggressive he was toward me. He was fairly cordial with Hipster and I read him as town until I showed up he prod voted me and then wouldn't respond to me posted unless I directly requested it.

In the same way, I had a possible scum read on Roy except he actually addressed my posts and we had a small talk. Same with Crimson and Xam. Obviously it's hard awkward to still doubt Xam with him clearing me but clearing town is pretty fucking easy when one barely missed the guillotine. I would be okay with a Squid hammer. He says he goes afk and we happen to hammer scum and, honestly, I took the vote without being sure of Salva but only being sure of myself. But knowing that scum knew what was up there and, personally, knowing I'm town, and knowing it got hammered by Rage before anyone had time to switch, it means a lot to me that most of our active members were on me while town actually found scum. I believe at least one was on that lynxh, but my reads are completely altered.

Also, i like the cut of corn's jib, but personally I feel like the client is a neutral and that explains the win condition even without killing roles. Even if the client can't kill, they are effectively scum.

Among these people, I think CrimsonFist and squidyj are the most suspect. I stick with my belief that scum will have a high post count poster tryingh to lead discussion.

Did CrimsonFist or squidyj try to steer people away from Salvapot yesterday?

Crimson flipped town (I assume this was prewritten), but I'll go back and check on squidy, seeing as he's already up for discussion.

Crimson flipped town (I assume this was prewritten), but I'll go back and check on squidy, seeing as he's already up for discussion.

Yeah, I wrote that post before the flips in the event I didn't die. Didn't bother changing it to account for the flips. Because it didn't make too much difference.

Star, you didn't get the Evidence did you?

Squidy doesn't seem to have been trying to get attention off Salva. I think he was also asleep based on his last post, so he might not have had time to really react, seeing how fast the turbo happened.

Actually, Scum might be hiding in plain sight
Let's look at who kept their vote on StarSketch at the end of yesterday:
Matt Attack
StanleyPalmtree
TheGoddamn
I wonder why

I do think it's quite important to note thag squidy and Stanley (unless I'm missing someone) are the only two still-living individuals who did not vote for either of the confirmed villains we've dealt with. It'd be incredibly strange if our opposition decided that both of their remaining members should lay low, but it's something to keep in mind.

I wanna say that I'm a little concerned over how quickly this squidy train (okay, maybe it's a little too early to call it a train, but it does seem to have picked up steam pretty quickly, with little explanation from a number of people agreeing with it) seems to have picked up. I'm not going to ignore the possibility of a Godfather role existing (lord knows there are multiple Ace Attorney characters who would fit the role) or that squidy could be said role, but I think we also have a fair amount pointing us to the conclusion that squidy is town. First, of course, is Xam's clear. Obviously, a possible Godfather role would throw the validitiy of the check out the window, so I'd recommend looking at Squidy's interactions with TWE on Day 2. Relatively early on, squidy expressed concern over some of TWE's behavior. Conversely, TWE attempts to call attention to squidy as a potential suspect, ultimately listing him as a scum read on his reads list. Also, while people were beginning to be suspicious of TWE by this point, this all occurred before TWE had a single vote on him, so I would think it's a little early to start the bus/distancing game (in a scenario where they're both scum.) Also, squidy made the prod vote that started the whole prodding shenanigans with TWE, so there's that too. Adding this to squidy's generally strong activity levels, and I think we should be very careful with how we handle the situation- there's a lot that makes me read him as town.

Matt Attack
StanleyPalmtree
TheGoddamn
I wonder why

As for me, I stand by the reasoning for my vote against Star (I do agree that she's likely town at this point, however.) The cases against FEP and Salva were just not enough for me to really consider sending my vote in their directions- especially Salva. I was totally on board with lynching QB/Salva on D1, but I didn't feel like there was enough to go on there this late in the game. As for Stanley and TGD, there's not much to say, which is pretty worrying at this stage of the game. I have a null read on both of them.

I wanna say that I'm a little concerned over how quickly this squidy train (okay, maybe it's a little too early to call it a train, but it does seem to have picked up steam pretty quickly, with little explanation from a number of people agreeing with it) seems to have picked up. I'm not going to ignore the possibility of a Godfather role existing (lord knows there are multiple Ace Attorney characters who would fit the role) or that squidy could be said role, but I think we also have a fair amount pointing us to the conclusion that squidy is town. First, of course, is Xam's clear. Obviously, a possible Godfather role would throw the validitiy of the check out the window, so I'd recommend looking at Squidy's interactions with TWE on Day 2. Relatively early on, squidy expressed concern over some of TWE's behavior. Conversely, TWE attempts to call attention to squidy as a potential suspect, ultimately listing him as a scum read on his reads list. Also, while people were beginning to be suspicious of TWE by this point, this all occurred before TWE had a single vote on him, so I would think it's a little early to start the bus/distancing game (in a scenario where they're both scum.) Also, squidy made the prod vote that started the whole prodding shenanigans with TWE, so there's that too. Adding this to squidy's generally strong activity levels, and I think we should be very careful with how we handle the situation- there's a lot that makes me read him as town.

That's fair, and i can't expect anyone else to be on this level because i can't confirm my alignment without a flip, but day 3 was jarring for me in terms of squidy. I was an easy vote option but I think a reread would show anyone a very real change in his attitude talking to me versus talking to other players, even Zeke day one. He really really wanted me lynched and wasn't willing to discuss it with me where everyone else at least went through the motions. With evidence that weak, pushing a lynch with no inclination for dialogue when previously you wanted everyone to speak is a red flag for me.

As for me, I stand by the reasoning for my vote against Star (I do agree that she's likely town at this point, however.) The cases against FEP and Salva were just not enough for me to really consider sending my vote in their directions- especially Salva. I was totally on board with lynching QB/Salva on D1, but I didn't feel like there was enough to go on there this late in the game. As for Stanley and TGD, there's not much to say, which is pretty worrying at this stage of the game. I have a null read on both of them.

This is... actually fairly solid.

RedFalco

First off, I didn't receive the Evidence.

Regarding TWE's reads list that you quoted: Yes, he calls Squidy potential scum, but in that same read he also casted suspicion about Drago/Qbro(whom we now know was Mafia).

My reads:

Bowlie- with a post count of 14 can't really go off of much, but I don't think he's scum. Voted for Kalor based off of his own thoughts.

CornBurrito- with how active he is, nearly always adding something to the conversation I can't help but think he's town or a scum trying super hard trying to fit in; I'm thinking the former.

Crimsonfist- with the highest post count: BRAVO! I'm not entirely sold on you yet though, you mostly prod.

EzekelRAGE- though I had my suspicions I believe you are town.

Hipster Cthulhu- You were one that I feel like was a bandwagon vote for Kalor, and added to the fact that you don't post much doesn't sit well with me.

Matt Attack- you come in here from time to time posting reads, but no specific evidence. I think you could be scum.

Drago- I was a firm believer that QBro was a scum but I don't want to base what I thought about QBro and place that on you. You made a valid point on the bottom of page 19. Still, gotta keep an eye on you.

Redfalco- low post count but the quality of the posts are good. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I'm thinking good, but you never know. You didn't jump in immediately after you were called out which leads me to believe that you are in good reason.

Ri'Orius- you have a good take on Neutrals and I like that. They may not be on Scum's team but we eliminate them fast. Your posts are substantial enough to be in the clear though, and it's mostly either agreeing or posting about useless stuff more than less.

roytheone- the other person I believe to be a town nearly 100%. You have the same type of mentality as me but you get it out better lol I want you alive at all costs with Scrafty. BUT! You're blackmailed. What that means, we have no clue yet. You're town.

ScraftyDevil- Obviously town.

squidyj- I don't really know what to think about you yet. I think you could be a good target, and I don't exactly trust you. Think you could be scum. You were quite active Day 1 but Day 2 has been a snore.

StanleyPalmtree- You're probably the most "I simply don't know" person in this game. When you post it's about why you don't post more, and asking for more reasoning. The latter isn't terrible but it doesn't add too much.

StarSketch- voted CB and then Kalor. I don't know. You seem a bit jumpy, and try to be too innocent. You 60% believe that CB, CFist, and Squidy are mafia. I think that out of that list squidy is the only one that jumps out at me because CB and Cfist are so vocal, and add good contributions.

TheGoddamn- When you post it's a moderate amount of information. You voted CB because of his head2head mantra of fighting against Zeke, and I don't think that's a good reason to vote for someone. Leaning scum.

Xamtheking- I think you're scum. Like CB said to me, something about what you post just seems off. Can't put my finger on it but when I do I'm going to be vocal about it.

Zubz- Where are you!?! Get back in here! One thing that strikes me off is that you didn't vote yesterday. Who would you have voted for? You haven't said anything in Day 2!
He even said this in the past:
Who do I think is scum?

Well, I did think QBro could be a scum but now we don't really no because he got a replacement. I do feel it is interesting that the mafia didn't kill his replacement, but maybe someone protected him. I do think in all honesty you could possibly be a Mafia member. I don't really care for your super upfront attitude about everything trying to be so much of a town. If you are a town, then good, but the aggressive style of play is something I feel suits a Scum looking to be in good standing with town.
He even voted for QB on the first day and left his vote there at the end of the day.

As of now I'm not saying this to cast suspicion upon Squidy but rather to show that TWE did state bad things about his own teammates. So we can't take all of TWE's comments as attacks towards town members. There were times when TWE actually acted as part of town and said negative comments about Mafia.
That being said, I did take Squidy's fake prod vote as a pro-Town thing though.

I'll have to reread Squidy's posts to see if I find him suspicious. Although he does seem a bit overly defensive right now.

Ezekel whose vote did you PM Sorian to take away and why?

CornBurrito why did you give the Evidence next especially when you said this:
I tried to give it to him, and it failed.

I'm open to not giving it to Xam. It does conflict with his current night action.

I feel like I'll try and give the Evidence out last, because the other two aren't that bad if they end up in scum hands. The Metal Detector is actually kind of useless to them now that a good chunk of our PR are outed.
What made you change your mind?

Xam and StarSketch, did either of you think you were gonna die last night?

Zubz, I'm still curious about your "prod vote" and would like some further explanation on it.

As for SalvaPot's Role PM, on the first night he(well i guess Drago) must've chosen 2 people, I don't see why he wouldn't have taken the opportunity. One was Roy and the other was...?
1. Either one of the two that died(RNH or Barrylocke), whichever one of the two Mafia didn't directly kill(either Town vig or a neutral) since why would he blackmail someone who his team is gonna kill?
2. He targeted the neutral and the neutral decided to stay quiet about being blackmailed?

What about night 2? As far as I remember no one came forward as being blackmailed(correct me if I'm wrong). Again, what happened?
1. Again, he blackmailed another Townie who died? Again because the neutral killed him and thus we didn't find out?
2. Neutral was blackmailed and didn't come forward?

I guess it may not fully matter anymore since everyone previously blackmailed is no longer blackmailed but it could help us understand what happened during the night cycles.

First off, I didn't receive the Evidence.

Regarding TWE's reads list that you quoted: Yes, he calls Squidy potential scum, but in that same read he also casted suspicion about Drago/Qbro(whom we now know was Mafia).

Well, you're not exactly wrong, but I think the circumstances between QB and Squidy were a little different. Squidy of course is one of our more active players, one who at the time, a number of us seem to have had a town read on (myself included.) In this situation, I think it's unlikely that a scum player would try to cast suspicion on Squidy's generally decent reputation. In QB's case, you had a player who was completely and totally inactive. On D1, considering his inactivity and the suspicion he drew fairly quickly, QB probably would have been a pretty good target for a scum bus to gain credibility. As for your pointing out TWE's read on Drago on his D2 reads list, you'll see that he doesn't actually call Drago scum. Rather, he says that while he felt QB was pretty scummy, he seems open to giving Drago another chance (in other words, he's looking for an out from having to vote for his partner without 100% committing to it.) Once QB got replaced, I think there's reason to believe TWE tried to slowly reverse his stance of suspicion against him.

As for the blackmail discussion, your possibilities are pretty much spot on. We can also consider that a town player was targeted who, for whatever reason (either to avoid calling attention to themselves or otherwise) did not come forward, or that the blackmail didn't go through somehow. Probably the most likely scenario is that a dead player was targeted, and that player was killed by a non-scum player, as I doubt a town player would want to stay quiet about being blackmailed if they were able to corroborate Roy's claim.

im not convinced on this idea of Squidyj being a godfather role, its certainly a possibility but everything supposedly pointing towards it feels pretty insubstantial. and im surprised by how much traction this idea got without any significant discussion.

Matt Attack
StanleyPalmtree
TheGoddamn
I wonder why

is it hard to guess why? because i thought it was more likely that Star was scum, i was too willing to give both Salva and Pandas the benefit of the doubt and chalk up the bad plays of their previous players.

and now i get to be a big fat hypocrite!
my feeling is that the remain scum is hiding the the more inactive players, particularly TheGodamn and Zubz.
i partly feel this way because i can see easier than anyone just how easy it is to go unnoticed and unsuspected by pretty much everyone.
But really what brought this to my attention was a kinda weird thing that happened day 3, how within an hour of each other both Zubz and GD made a very specific point of how they felt suspicious of me due to my elephant sized empty space in the room.
to which i initially thought, its a little weird for two people to suddenly make this point, but i have been really damn inactive so no shit people were gonna start noticing.
But then i happened to make a record 2 posts on the same page and zubz decided to double down on his point, claiming that i was expressing sudden activity now that 'the spotlight' was on me. he then backed of immediately when i pointed out just how wrong this was.
Maybe im just oversensitive, but it feels like an early attempt to deflect today's suspicions onto me, as the player pool dwindles and inactivity becomes all the more obvious.

Just to recap:

Rage was roleblocked. Starsketch claims the action. I believe her since it would be weird for scum to have multiple role blocks. Leaning town.

Corn successfully gave away an item, but doesn't know to who? Mind saying which item just so we can be aware of what's out there? I'm still weary of Corn's role, whether he's town or not.

We have up to two people potentially in the game who chose not to disclose their blackmail. Roy may not have known it was a role block since he was Vanilla but if the others did keeping quiet may have been... foolish, actually. But it hasn't seemed to have backfired. I doubt blackmailed players would be NK'd by scum and a neutral killer would have to be stupid lucky to hit that target twice, so I think it would be in town's interest for whoever else has one to step forward. If I was scum I would assume anyone that kept quiet was a power role or a neutral and now the role blocks are down it may be time to start wiping them out e.g. the Roy NK.

Xam checked me green.

I believe those are the only claimed actions?

Right now my strong town leanings are Falco, Rage, Starsketch, Xam, and Scrafty. Including me, that is over half the game. It is also everyone on the salva vote, so might have some blinders on.

Xam's votes were all over the place, but his final vote reads town to me. There were three viable candidates and so I would only expect a scum bus in the first few votes on Salva or the last. Since Zeke hammered, there wasn't time for anyone to jump on late and I feel good about all the early votes. Star and I were tied until I voted and Xam switched after me. With the vote so close and still viable, seems like a strange time to bus a teammate.

Zubz put up a totally useless vote. I have real doubts about Squidy and Corn still. With only one item ever claimed it is possible he only ever even had the hamburger.

Anyway, I have no real issues with lynching anyone not on my above list as I think less than 1/2 of them are town and odds are in our favor even if we chose randomly, which we obviously won't be. With the second killer, we unfortunately cannot afford to just pick them off but we almost can.

Corrections.
Corn sent the evidence. Ugh... That's the Override, right?

Also, I meant Salva and I were tied, before Xam and I jumped on Salva, not Star.

Ezekel whose vote did you PM Sorian to take away and why?

I tried to take Matt's.

Idk, had a gut feeling or thought it was weird of him continuing to go for Star and not go for FEP or Salva after this post.

I'm very torn. Honestly I don't feel like the case against FEP is very convincing. Reading through the whole TWE prod exchange, it does feel kind of weird I suppose, but I really don't think TWE would have been that transparent. It feels way too easy to me. I also wouldn't vote for Salva at this point, as I simply don't think we have enough to go on on that front. The case against Star isn't perfect, and the possibility of her flipping town is scary (considering how powerful her supposed role is), but I do feel as if she's the more scummy one here. I think I'm going to follow my gut and keep my vote on her.

Struck me as odd he was still going to vote for Star even though we sorta came to a decision to test Star's power. Which would explain these votes.

Most likely gonna vote Flat just to test the TWE angle.

Not voting this instant because that would put Flat at around 6 votes. Also, matt's post played a bit into my voting for Panda. Also nothin else seems to be going down either.

When xam switched his vote, I figure Salva would be in the same boat as FEP in regards to Matt's post, so voted for him.

I would not fully clear salva, but I would definitely feel a lot better about him. Right now he is still quite suspect in my mind though.

If StarSketch were scum, her keeping options for TWE/Drago open makes very little sense if the latter two were also scum. Regardless of if Star is scum or not, why would TWE on the gallows try so hard to throw shade on Drago if they were both scum? An elaborate bussing that wouldn't gain traction and was bound to fail?

Seems like TG was kind of defending Drago/Salva here?
=======================
The revolving role now currently held by Salva is also suspicious because people keep leaving it. It could just be that all of those players couldn't keep up with the time commitment, but it's possible that they have a Injust role, and are thus playing at a low frequency to stay safe. Salva himself is coming off as odd, too, but that might be because he started off telling us that he's a face we can trust. It's just weird. If I had to vote for anyone right now, it'd be Salva.
Says he would vote for Salva. At this point in time, the vote is 5 for Star, 1 for Salva

I know it's not over much, but you're probably my 2nd most suspicious after Sketch right now (Although that's only because I'm sure that the remaining Injust are hiding among the inactives).

Says CB is most scummy after Star, but didn't vote for either.

After that he says SP is suddenly active, then gives that up almost immediately it seems.
I find it kind of weird that Stanley's suddenly active now that there's a spotlight on him. He may've just been busy until tonight, but that doesn't sit well with me.

well i actually do get a few more chances to check in now that things have slown down at work, but how does averaging at 2 posts a day count as sudden activity?

... Oh. Sorry, it felt like more than that. Never mind!

Then he votes for Redfalco, who was cleared by Xam, and had some quality post that day phase about Salva.
I'm 99% sure I won't have a chance to vote tomorrow, unfortunately, but I don't really have anyone that I want to vote for. Rather than end up with another "buzzer" post, I'm just going to vote for RedFalco, as sort of a last second prod, and hope I get to class early enough to change my vote if need be.

Vote: RedFalco

When he votes for Salva, FEP has 4 votes while Salva has 3, so it is close. He obviously knows the story with SP since he stated earlier he would vote for him. But he chooses his last vote of the day (ignore my hammer, he was 99% sure he wasn't gonna be able to vote) to be a prod vote. Someone he didn't really even mention in that day phase. Not on any of the ppl he called out in posts today or either of the two scum candidates at the time.

I could read that as scum not wanting to get his hands dirty, but also not wanting to make it hard on his teammate and voting for him. So votes for random person.

Zubz what convinced you not to vote for any of the ppl you called out, especially Salva?

Would also like to bring up my post about Zubz/TWE
cda30126394a9cbc5e78eaef9fc49bfb.png

RIP Crimson and roy (although how dare you two, Missile is people, not an item for Gumshoe to give away!). I've been sick the past couple of days. I didn't vote for Salva at the end of the day because my vote didn't really count (I only voted for Star because of her very sketchy behavior, which hasn't really been exonerated. All we know is that she does have a roleblock and she used it on Zeke last night.) and I wasn't around for the turbo. I generally don't believe in turbos especially with the votee not there, but in this instance it did pay off. Obviously this is all easy to say after the fact, but I wasn't able to post here until now, and even this post will be a very short one.

I'd just like to get out there that I do not trust CB at the moment (a track that I have been on most of the game). It's very easy to hide scummy behavior behind his ability-- if he really did pay a visit to roy last night, who can say that it wasn't to kill him as opposed to giving him an item (or even an item that does kill him)? Like the StarSketch position yesterday (which has been clarified some today), it really is just his word as regards roy right now.

I've got more to say about my suspicions when I feel better (hopefully after I get some sleep; it's 11 pm right now here), but for now, CB was the one who started the squid train, which no less than four other people entertained in the form of agreement or votes in a relatively short span of time. If all of them voted, that's one vote away from ending the day. This is particularly worrying because I'd imagine that scum are scrambling to recover some momentum and perhaps get to night faster. They've lost two of their members two days in a row relatively early on in a 21-person game (one of whom was extremely powerful), which means that most likely there are only two or three scum left. Although this is balanced by the astonishingly consistent number of night kills. Conversely, we've only got the few scum and whichever neutrals are about and that's the confetti.

I wonder why no one else spoke up about being blackmailed on D2, if De Killer was able to use his powers twice on N1? Curious. RedFalco's on the right track, as are Matt and Pandas. Knowing who, if anyone, was successfully blackmailed on N2 and the other N1 blackmail target will give us more material.

Zeke, I read your post just as I was going over this one, but I couldn't believe that scum would bring attention to another scum when the first was on the chopping block. It was clarified to me then that something like that could happen, and we now know that's what happened, so I was wrong about my skepticism. Meta:
I also tried to give Salva the benefit of the doubt because of Harry Potter, even I should've known better with Gorlak in Archer, who was also a double substitute.

I've got more to say about my suspicions when I feel better (hopefully after I get some sleep; it's 11 pm right now here), but for now, CB was the one who started the squid train, which no less than four other people entertained in the form of agreement or votes in a relatively short span of time. If all of them voted, that's one vote away from ending the day.

This begs the question of why hasn't the day ended then?

I trust everyone who has voted for squidy thus far. If squidy is town, why doesn't just one member of the remaining scum hammer in the vote?

Man, I did a bad job reading yesterday.

Corn, can you recap your night activity for us?

Hamburger to scrafty.
?? to ?? (failed)
Evidence to Roy (success)

Star claims she didn't jail you and you haven't claimed blackmail, so I want to think more about the failure.

If there are five votes on squid and he's town, why hasn't scum hammered him is a reasonable question. A town can accidentally hammer as well and I don't think town can afford two MLs so that wouldn't guarantee a lynch on the hammer tomorrow. If any votes have doubts, maybe we could ease off for a minute though.

Man, I did a bad job reading yesterday.

Corn, can you recap your night activity for us?

Hamburger to scrafty.
?? to ?? (failed)
Evidence to Roy (success)

Star claims she didn't jail you and you haven't claimed blackmail, so I want to think more about the failure.

If there are five votes on squid and he's town, why hasn't scum hammered him is a reasonable question. A town can accidentally hammer as well and I don't think town can afford two MLs so that wouldn't guarantee a lynch on the hammer tomorrow. If any votes have doubts, maybe we could ease off for a minute though.

N1: Hamburger to Scrafty. Succeeded. Confirmed by Scrafty.
Star claims she used her roleblock thing on Scrafty which somehow prevents Scrafty from being killed but lets her get my item.

N2: Tried giving Metal Detector to Xam. Failed.
I guessed switcher or blocker.

N3: Gave Evidence to Roy. Item was received.

This begs the question of why hasn't the day ended then?

I trust everyone who has voted for squidy thus far. If squidy is town, why doesn't just one member of the remaining scum hammer in the vote?

That's true. In the hypothetical scenario that we were one vote away from majority, that's a good question. Scum would want to hammer. Or if they were truly insidious manipulators, they would already be in that initial five votes and let the momentum result in a hammer. That's the thought that had me worried.

I feel a little bad that I've been hounding you throughout the game. Granted, my renewed suspicion of you is purely circumstantial, which is not a good foundation in a real case. But in this game, almost every decision is based on circumstance.

---

On another note, how can we have so many claimed power roles at this stage in the game but none of them are dead? Two people are dying each night, and yet the only town PRs that have been NKed-- RNH-Phoenix and Bowlie-Franziska-- are the ones that never claimed, and whose roles came as a surprise to most. How has Star not been killed? Zeke as well. How is Xam not dead, and how likely is it that he's had three consecutive town checks, especially with the neutrals probably in play? Even CB, with his pre-written post, appeared to greatly fear for his life on last night. The likelihood that the outed power roles are lying, or are not town, is high.

I really can't fathom why Star is alive. Xam and Scrafty I can see. Scrafty has the burger. Xam could have been protected.

But Star? Now we have a cop and someone who can protect him.

Star, it was a bit of a mess yesterday. What is your power exactly?

I really can't fathom why Star is alive. Xam and Scrafty I can see. Scrafty has the burger. Xam could have been protected.

But Star? Now we have a cop and someone who can protect him.

Star, it was a bit of a mess yesterday. What is your power exactly?

If star protects Xam, he can't use his power.

Top Bottom