• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded RE2&3, now downloading Sly Raccoon HD and Trine 2, all for the princely sum of nothing. Will buy Journey at the weekend. Really happy with PS+, I just hope it won't become mandatory on the PS4, as that could take away the incentive for anyone to give us these amazing deals

What will I miss by playing Trine 2 before Trine?

Aru

Already broke my "no more games until my backlog is really small" rule when I bought my Vita, but I'm really tempted :(
GoW: OC for less than the price of one of the 2 games is a great deal. Infamous: FoB too.

jred2k

Uhh, Infamous Festival of Blood is $9.99 normally.

Sorry for the quality not being the greatest, but this is what I see in the PSN Store.
LCc5xl.jpg

Is the price different in different areas? I only ask cause I'm from Canada and I'm pretty sure I've always seen it as $6.99.

fenners

Sorry for the quality not being the greatest, but this is what I see in the PSN Store.
LCc5xl.jpg

Is the price different in different areas? I only ask cause I'm from Canada and I'm pretty sure I've always seen it as $6.99.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. $6.99 is the discounted price for this week, with the PSN+ discount for this week showing up in yellow.

Bumhead

Banned
Downloaded RE2&3, now downloading Sly Raccoon HD and Trine 2, all for the princely sum of nothing. Will buy Journey at the weekend. Really happy with PS+, I just hope it won't become mandatory on the PS4, as that could take away the incentive for anyone to give us these amazing deals

It'll never become mandatory, and even if it does Sony will create some other form of second tier. I imagine PS+ has been pretty successful for Sony so they'll always have a two tiered system in future. Thankfully with PS+ it doesn't penalise you too much for not signing up so even vanilla isn't so bad.

I'm still waiting for news on Vita goodies to make it worthwhile for me, or at least PS1 support. Even just Resi 2 and 3 almost pay for half a years subscription by themselves.

Number45

There's an interview up on EG with Jack Buser and he was pretty bullish about what they could offer for free, over alternative services.

namDa65

Um jammer lammy is pretty fun.

Love the visual presentation. I don't think the graphics or cutscenes feel aged at all.

Favourite psx game i've ever played even tho I've played like 6 of them hahaha.

I love plus.

I'm loving Sly Cooper, first time playing it.

Do you all think the chances of getting the other two games free in the next few months is a likely scenario? I've noticed they tend to give out the games in a series.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm loving Sly Cooper, first time playing it.

Do you all think the chances of getting the other two games free in the next few months is a likely scenario? I've noticed they tend to give out the games in a series.

I think they've only done that for PSone games so far. Big difference compared to HD collections

I would love some PS2 games as freebies.

I think they've only done that for PSone games so far. Big difference compared to HD collections

I would love some PS2 games as freebies.

Yeah, think I'll hold out buying them just in case a few months and work on my other backlog. I'm looking forward to 2 and 3 whether I pay for them or not... even though people hate them.

namDa65

Yeah, think I'll hold out buying them just in case a few months and work on my other backlog. I'm looking forward to 2 and 3 whether I pay for them or not... even though people hate them.

People do not hate 2 or 3.

People say that 2 is the best in the series, while 3 is just a rehash of 2.

Then I'm excited. What I've read so far, very limited I'll give you is that they drag on far too long and get repetitive and boring (Something I'm not prone to getting in a game I love.)

So... you've made me hyped.

Derrick01

Banned

Holy shit really? I'm playing 2 for the first time recently and it's god awful compared to 1. I didn't play 2 or 3 back in the day for whatever reason but I'm having a hard time suffering through it. I honestly think if it wasn't for the relatively easy platinum trophy I would have put it down after episode 2.

Which is a shame because it has good ideas in it like no 1 hit kill or 1 hit from anything death and sprint. I detest playing as the other 2 guys though.

GeoramA

Sly 2 gets better after the god-awful India stage. Hated that shit with a passion.

The Canada level later in the game is amazing. Best snow level in any game IMO.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Sly 2 is, in my opinion, the best in the series. I haven't completed the third one, but I played a decent amount of it on the PS2, and I liked it a lot.

I have the HD collection, but so far, I've only beat part 1, and I'm working on part 2. I bought them on disc, but it's great to see them giving out an HD collection game for free. Don't let the dissenters sway you, the Sly series is, all around, one of the best modern platformer series out there. Sucker Punch is an under-appreciated developer, along with Insomniac. Both devs consistently deliver truly fun games, but they get dismissed often, while other developers, who consistently release broken and busted games, get endless praise (I'm looking at you Bethesda).

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Sly 2 is the absolute worst in the series. Sly 3 is also inferior to the original.

From neat platforming to minigame mess in awful, boring hub stages. Sucker Punch disappoints.

BibiMaghoo

Its very hit and miss.

Some months they have great offers and free games.
Other months they have what compares as garbage.

Over a year, I would say it works out well, even if you dont like half the free stuff, so long as you make digital purchases using the discounts.

If you dont buy games over PSN. I would tell people not to bother.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
holy fuck at free shit next month

6872124272_3bb0320870_z.jpg

Exclusives: The House of the Dead 4 Demo – 4/10
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier Closed Beta – Date TBA
Free Downloads: Shift 2 Unleashed – 4/3
Shank 2 – 4/3
Frogger Returns – 4/17

Minis: Canabalt – 4/10
Farm Frenzy 2 – 4/3
Mystic Garden – 4/10

PS one Classics: Silent Hill – 4/3

Full Game Trials: Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes From Liberty City – 4/10
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record – 4/17
NHL 12 – 4/17
SAINTS ROW THE THIRD – 4/17
Disney Universe – 4/24
The Cursed Crusade – 4/24
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – 4/24
SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV ARCADE EDITION – 424

Media: Qore Episode 47 – April – 4/10
Free Avatars and Themes: Escape Plan Lil Avatar – 4/3
Escape Plan Bakuki Avatar – 4/3
Escape Plan Logo Avatar – 4/3
Escape Plan Triangle Avatar – 4/3
Escape Plan Laarg Avatar – 4/3
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 GOLDMAN AVATAR – 4/17
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 JAMES AVATAR – 4/17
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 KATE AVATAR – 4/17
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 DYNAMIC THEME – 4/17

Discounts: GRAND THEFT AUTO IV EPISODES FROM LIBERTY CITY – 4/10 (PS Plus Price: $11.99)
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 – 4/17 (PS Plus Price: $6.99)
Disney Universe – 4/24 – (PS Plus Price: TBD – 50% off Store Price)

Exclusive Discounted Avatar Bundles: Devil May Cry Avatar Bundle- 4/3 (PS Plus Price: $0.99)
Devil May Cry 2 Avatar Bundle – 4/3 (PS Plus Price: $0.99)
Devil May Cry 3 Avatar Bundle – 4/3 (PS Plus Price: $0.99)

snap0212

edit: Damn you, Wario!

US PS+ Content for April was just announced.

6872124272_3bb0320870_z.jpg

Exclusives:
The House of the Dead 4 Demo – 4/10
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier Closed Beta – Date TBA

Free Downloads:
Shift 2 Unleashed – 4/3
Shank 2 – 4/3
Frogger Returns – 4/17
Minis: Canabalt – 4/10
Farm Frenzy 2 – 4/3
Mystic Garden – 4/10

PS one Classics:
Silent Hill – 4/3

Full Game Trials:
Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes From Liberty City – 4/10
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record – 4/17
NHL 12 – 4/17
SAINTS ROW THE THIRD – 4/17
Disney Universe – 4/24
The Cursed Crusade – 4/24
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – 4/24
SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV ARCADE EDITION – 424

Media:
Qore Episode 47 – April – 4/10
Free Avatars and Themes: Escape Plan Lil Avatar – 4/3
Escape Plan Bakuki Avatar – 4/3
Escape Plan Logo Avatar – 4/3
Escape Plan Triangle Avatar – 4/3
Escape Plan Laarg Avatar – 4/3
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 GOLDMAN AVATAR – 4/17
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 JAMES AVATAR – 4/17
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 KATE AVATAR – 4/17
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 DYNAMIC THEME – 4/17

Discounts:
GRAND THEFT AUTO IV EPISODES FROM LIBERTY CITY – 4/10 (PS Plus Price: $11.99)
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 – 4/17 (PS Plus Price: $6.99)
Disney Universe – 4/24 – (PS Plus Price: TBD – 50% off Store Price)

Exclusive Discounted Avatar Bundles:
Devil May Cry Avatar Bundle- 4/3 (PS Plus Price: $0.99)
Devil May Cry 2 Avatar Bundle – 4/3 (PS Plus Price: $0.99)
Devil May Cry 3 Avatar Bundle – 4/3 (PS Plus Price: $0.99)

_RT_

Is a plus membership still required to "keep" the games?
Meaning.... would I lose access to Shank if I only joined for one month?

snap0212

Is a plus membership still required to "keep" the games?
Meaning.... would I lose access to Shank if I only joined for one month?
You can't join for one month. You have to buy at least three months. But yeah, can't play these games anymore after your subscription ends.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Some nice freebies this month.

I wonder if they will ever give out free PSP games though. Would be nice to actually care about Vita owners :(

Baron

Wow, is that the first free PS3 retail game they've offered on Plus? I was hoping for Trine 2 like Europe, but I don't want to wait any longer, so I'll just buy it outright. Loved the first, hoping for more of the same from #2.

Canabalt for free too, eh? Hmm.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wow, is that the first free PS3 retail game they've offered on Plus? I was hoping for Trine 2 like Europe, but I don't want to wait any longer, so I'll just buy it outright. Loved the first, hoping for more of the same from #2.

They gave out Tomb Raider a few months ago

RedBoot

Nope, we've had Tomb Raider Underworld and Far Cry 2 (and Sly 1, which mostly counts).

Baron

They gave out Tomb Raider a few months ago

Ah yes, I forgot about Tomb Raider Underworld, as I already owned it on disc and didn't pay much heed to it. I like this trend, though. I would like it even more if the games were heavily discounted instead of free, hint hint.

Foxix Von

Wow this thing has been crazy lately. Shift2, shank, AND silent hill?

Hell yes. Glad I bought a bigger HDD. I still haven't even beaten tomb raider yet, or even start farcry 2 yet.

Derrick01

Banned
Those are ok freebies I guess, can't complain since it's free. But a meh PSN game, a PS1 game that aged badly (like most), Frogger, and a racing game doesn't bring the excitement to me.

But trophies are trophies!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
If Shift 2 is available for EU I will cave and join PS+. I said I never would, but my XBL has run out and I don't intend to renew. If I'm going to get games for free for a years sub, I'm down for that.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Question - I have ps+ now. What will happen with these free games when :

1) My sub runs out?
2) I re-sub?

Ravage

Question - I have ps+ now. What will happen with these free games when :

1) My sub runs out?
2) I re-sub?

1) you can't play them anymore
2) you can play them if they are still in your HDD. If you deleted them, go to the download section on PSN store and redownload those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom