• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 13 - 19 Nov

donny2112

Aika'svyse said:
When does Blue Dragon hit?

Early December. I think it's the week after the Wii launch.

JPNHandhelds-4.png

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
Blue Dragon comes out December 7th I think. Although I'm not a big RPG fan, I hope this game is successful and is able to boost Xbox 360 sales. This is what Microsoft needs; more games targeted at the Japanese audience.

Thanks for the Blue Dragon dates, it'll be interesting to see what type of impact this game has, i'm an huge rpg fan, i'm really anxious to see what reviews it gets also, especially from rpg fans.

Has it really been a full year since the charts were interesting? I remember when there was still some possibility that the PSP might still get a killer app and rise above the DS.

At least it will pick up again now that the Wii is coming out. Sometime early next year one system will take the lead, and the fans of the other will be hoping in their heart of hearts that their system of choice will get that one killer title that will pull it forward and into success, only to be crushed (and likely banned when they textually explode all over GAF) less than a year later.

It shall truly be an exciting time.

Wow .... the PSP is in big, big trouble. I think the system could be on the way to its deathbed if Sony doesn't do something big in the next few months. If the DS + Wii + PS3 are going to eat up all future Japanese hardware sales, there goes your Japanese PSP 3rd party support, which would significantly damage the system's chances all over the world.

cvxfreak

I think Blue Dragon will liven up the 360 for awhile. It's bound to become the best selling Xbox 360 game in Japan and will probably boost the system to over 200K LTD. Having Lost Planet come out a few weeks after with a nice bundle should also help the system there.

Jake.

i think blue dragon will raise the 360 sales for a month or two but not by much. then after they will just plummet back down.

Fady K

cvxfreak said:
12/2/06

So the DS and WIi will have the same anniversaries there.

Thats when we'll see nothing but Wii and DS games on the top 10 forever (until the next Nintendo revolutionary handheld/console comes out) :(

At least the japanese greatest hits version of Yakuza is doing well (btw Yakuza the best version is in its 2nd week right now and sold over 80,000 - yes, im talking about the best version. Very good, dont you think?

jko

soundwave05 said:
Wow .... the PSP is in big, big trouble. I think the system could be on the way to its deathbed if Sony doesn't do something big in the next few months. If the DS + Wii + PS3 are going to eat up all future Japanese hardware sales, there goes your Japanese PSP 3rd party support, which would significantly damage the system's chances all over the world.
...and all future portable attempts with the 'playstation' brand..

linsivvi

You know next week will be huge for the DS when the combined Pokemon sales might not even be the 3rd best selling DS game.

Rock_Man

I just noticed that PS2 surpassed 20 million LTD as of 11/5 according to Famitsu. It will be there in 3 or 4 weeks with Media Create numbers.

Edit: PS2 weekly average sales since launch = 57k

Acrylamid

PS3: 123,738
360: 167,009
So, next week we'll probably see the 360 still ahead of the PS3 (170k vs. 165k). And the week after that, Wii might outsell both their LTD number (380k vs 175k vs 210k).
PS3 lead, where art thou?

More worrying for PS3 is that the best selling game only sold 10K in a week where 44000 systems were sold from stores, and presumably a lot of the auction stock from launch got bought from auction sites, and hence people finally bought games for those.

cvxfreak

linsivvi said:
You know next week will be huge for the DS when the combined Pokemon sales might not even be the 3rd best selling DS game.

So what three games will be above it? Love and Berry, Jump Ultimate Stars and...?

linsivvi

cvxfreak said:
So what three games will be above it? Love and Berry, Jump Ultimate Stars and...?

Just guessing that Lunar Knights might have an outside chance of stealing that 3rd place.

Pureauthor said:
Castlevania, sleeper hit of 2006!

BELIEVE

Man, I just cannot BELIEVE how such a good game get passed over in Japan.

cvxfreak

According to Sinobi, first day sales for Love and Berry were over 250K and shortages may occur in the holiday. Jump Ultimate Stars managed to sell 150K on its first day. Jeanne D'Arc for PSP sold 30K.

linsivvi

cvxfreak said:
According to Sinobi, first day sales for Love and Berry were over 250K and shortages may occur in the holiday. Jump Ultimate Stars managed to sell 150K on its first day.

Sweet. Need more Jump Ultimate Stars love! :D

Elios83

Acrylamid said:
So, next week we'll probably see the 360 still ahead of the PS3 (170k vs. 165k). And the week after that, Wii might outsell both their LTD number (380k vs 175k vs 210k).
PS3 lead, where art thou?

PS3 shipments should get better every week,it's not like they will always ship 45k units.

enishi

cvxfreak said:
According to Sinobi, first day sales for Love and Berry were over 250K and shortages may occur in the holiday. Jump Ultimate Stars managed to sell 150K on its first day. Jeanne D'Arc for PSP sold 30K.

Love and Berry may become the Animal Crossing @ 2006 then...
And the sales of JUS just matches JSS. It should sell more providing that the holiday season starts next week.

Rock_Man

cvxfreak said:

Okay. Perhaps we'll see Love & Berry selling 2 million copies in seven weeks then. Very possible if they ship enough.

What is Love and Berry and made by who?

Sad about Jeanne D' Arc... the PSP just isn't selling software and it's sad. I mean even the GC pushed decent software sales, Sony needs to wake the hell up and fix this.

cvxfreak

For some reason Love and Berry isn't performing that impressively on Amazon's admittedly very limited gauging chart. Common Knowledge Training is back above it and so are a few other games (most of which are pre-orders). Then again I expect Common Knowledge Training to be above a million in the next month or so...

ethelred

cvxfreak said:

Good on Jump... damn about Jeanne. :(

Though I guess 30k isn't that bad, really. If it sells well, we could see it get to 100k total, which would be pretty great given the situation.

Tabris

linsivvi said:
Man, I just cannot BELIEVE how such a good game get passed over in Japan.

This is what you guys cheered for... "Yay! Brain Age is selling another million" while Castlevania does sales as bad as PSP games.

I said I wouldn't post in these threads and I had held it for a while but I was tempted to post/read. But since the DS/bad game circle jerk continues, I'll go back to ignoring these threads until a game I actually want to play (i.e. Castlevania) does well in sales.

jesusraz said:
And Dead or Alive 360 is 20,000, with Riviera on PSP getting 10,000, right?

From another forum

Dead or Alive (XBOX 360): 30,000

These are first day sales, so presumably falling outside the media create week, correct?

Tabris said:
This is what you guys cheered for... "Yay! Brain Age is selling another million" while Castlevania does sales as bad as PSP games.

Brain. Age. Has. ZERO. Negative. Effect. On. Castlevania. Sales.

ethelred

Tabris said:

I said I wouldn't post in these threads and I had held it for a while but I was tempted to post/read. But since the DS/bad game circle jerk continues, I'll go back to ignoring these threads until a game I actually want to play (i.e. Castlevania) does well in sales.

Tabris, Castlevania is just not popular in Japan. It never has been. Trying to tie Brain Age to Castlevania's failure is just ridiculously illogical.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow GBA 19,450
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon GBA 22,224
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance GBA 12,841

And now Portrait of Ruin has sold almost enough to top the LTDs of all three GBA Castlevanis in its first week. This is the EXACT SAME DEBATE that people had when Dawn of Sorrow came out, and you were part of it then, too. The DS is, believe it or not, helping Castlevania sell more than it sold before.

cvxfreak said:

Niceness on JUS and Jean D'Arc.

And wth is Love and Berry?

cvxfreak

flipping_heck said:
Niceness on JUS and Jean D'Arc.

And wth is Love and Berry?

A game aimed at 6-12 year old Japanese girls. The DS game comes with a card reader and there's a set of cards girls can collect for it.

B000ESH6DM.09._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V40064157_.jpg

Don't think it's cool to say that 6 year old girls are what's wrong with the games industry.

Top Bottom