• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 13 - 19 Nov

cvxfreak

ChrisAllenFiz said:
From another forum

Dead or Alive (XBOX 360): 30,000

These are first day sales, so presumably falling outside the media create week, correct?

Correct. So:

1. Oshare Majo Love and Berry: 250.000
2. JUMP ULTIMATE STARS: 150.000
3. Jeanne D'Arc: 30.000
4. DOAX2: 30.000
5. Culdcept Saga: 20.000

cvxfreak said:
B000ESH6DM.09._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V40064157_.jpg

Yuna, Tifa, and some random magical girl?

apujanata

cvxfreak said:
According to Sinobi, first day sales for Love and Berry were over 250K and shortages may occur in the holiday. Jump Ultimate Stars managed to sell 150K on its first day. Jeanne D'Arc for PSP sold 30K.

Wow at Love & Berry sales.
Sad at Jeanne D'Arc sales.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
So Jeanne D'Arc got 30k its first day. Can we expect a total of 45 k for the week? It'll need legs to make it to 100k. Maybe Atlus will bring it over.

linsivvi

ethelred said:
Tabris, Castlevania is just not popular in Japan. It never has been. Trying to tie Brain Age to Castlevania's failure is just ridiculously illogical.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow GBA 19,450
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon GBA 22,224
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance GBA 12,841

And now Portrait of Ruin has sold almost enough to top the LTDs of all three GBA Castlevanis in its first week. This is the EXACT SAME DEBATE that people had when Dawn of Sorrow came out, and you were part of it then, too. The DS is, believe it or not, helping Castlevania sell more than it sold before.

Exactly what I wanted to say. Trying to understand the logic of some people. Gosh!

cvxfreak said:
For some reason Love and Berry isn't performing that impressively on Amazon's admittedly very limited gauging chart. Common Knowledge Training is back above it and so are a few other games (most of which are pre-orders). Then again I expect Common Knowledge Training to be above a million in the next month or so...

I guess it's because little girls don't have credit cards, I imagine they've been saving up their pocket money to buy the game. With that said, it's going to be a massive Christmas present for parents to buy for their daughters.

First day sales (more accurate)
NDS Love and Berry DS Collection - 270.000 (34%)
NDS Jump Ultimate Stars - 150.000 (43%)
PS2 Winning Eleven 10 J.League + Europe League 06-07 - 53.000 (65%)
PSP Jeanne d'Arc - 35.000 (58%)
360 Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2 - 33.000 (58%)
360 Culdcept Saga - 18.000 (59%)
NDS Bokura no Taiyou Django & Sabata - 15.000 (25%)

Rejoice, 360 titles doing good will pump X360 to 10k next week so my prediction will become true at last.

Seems Love and Berry shipment is about 800k....damn hell. SEGA title selling like this...wow. Ouch at Jeanne D'Arc...I thought 350k from Rogue Galaxy would transfer more than just 10% to this title.

I really don't get why PS2 and PSP are such downwards since PS3 release. Seriously, why. PS3 is a cancer to Sony right now.

Well they sold more than half of the initial shipment of Jeanee D' Arc, so maybe they can sell 70% of it by weekend, which should be good considering their expectations.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
surely Nintendo have more than only 1.5m DSL units ready for December? That won't even come close to meeting the demand and they've had the whole year to try and put some stock aside.

donny2112

Mojojo said:

So disturbing.

Famitsu Nov 6-12

1. NDS Pokemon Diamond/Pearl 124738 / 3060032
2. NDS General Knowledge Training 91289 / 444812
3. NDS Hoshi no Kirby DS 68660 / 219807
4. NDS Kanji Brain 30570 / NEW
5. PS3 Ridge Racer 7 30318 / NEW
6. PS3 Gundam: Target in Sight 30051 / NEW
7. NDS New Super Mario Bros. 26939 / 3351234
8. NDS Brain Training 2 24929 / 3417956
9. PS2 Yakuza (BEST) 22812 / 78111
10. NDS Winning Eleven DS 17298 / 68789
11. PS3 Resistance: Fall of Man 15741 / NEW
12. NDS Animal Crossing: Wild World 13630 / 3335195
13. NDS Tales of the Tempest 13209 / 117971
14. GBA Final Fantasy V Advance 11424 / 209896
15. NDS Brain Training 10716 / 2837394
16. NDS Final Fantasy III 10146 / 860490
17. NDS Kanji Quiz DS 9670 / 222443
18. PS3 Genji: Kamui Souran 9543 / NEW
19. NDS English Training 9536 / 1408243
20. PS2 Minna no Tennis 8890 / 473765
21. PSP Ace Combat X 8673 / 81458
22. NDS Phoenix Wright 2 8416 / 44608
23. PS2 Dragon Ball Z Sparking Neo 8338 / 396182
24. PS2 Mai Otome 8005 / NEW
25. NDS Cooking Navi! 7814 / 586211
26. NDS Gekitou! Custom Robo 7615 / 83365
27. NDS Mario Kart DS 7290 / 1626242
28. PS2 Sanyo Pachinko Paradise 13 6364 / 45816
29. NDS Tamagotchi 2 5957 / 568820
30. NDS Tetris DS 5746 / 889178

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl to 3 million in 7 weeks by Famitsu numbers.

AHAHUAHAHUAHUAHUA for PS3 sales. Mostly software sales since it looks like the top three selling PS3 titles most likely doesn't add up to total hardware sold.

Wow, PSP is in huge trouble. In basically the same week last year (14 - 19 Nov) it sold ~59k. It's pretty interesting that it actually hit its lowest sales ever when sales should go up because of New Year, holidays etc.

Leonsito

Frankfurter said:
Wow, PSP is in huge trouble. In basically the same week last year (14 - 19 Nov) it sold ~59k. It's pretty interesting that it actually hit its lowest sales ever when sales should go up because of New Year, holidays etc.

In the PS3 Japanese launch thread the photographys showed a lot of people with PSP basically, so it seems pretty clear that the PSP and PS3 are aiming at this moment to the same type of gamer in Japan, the "hardcore" sony fans, so I guess that the PS3 has killed the PSP basically.

Will Wii make the same effect on DS sales?

Frankfurter said:

The Giga Pack for the PSP came out that week though. I remember because everyone was hyping it up to be the week that the PSP would outsell the DS, but Pokemon: Mysterious Dungeon lifted the DS above it.

Leonsito

Stopsign said:
The Giga Pack for the PSP came out that week though. I remember because everyone was hyping it up to be the week that the PSP would outsell the DS, but Pokemon: Mysterious Dungeon lifted the DS above it.

Yep.

14 - 20 NOV PSP: 58.898 NDS: 65.341 "Giga Pack, Pokemon"

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Nintendo can't produce enough DS in Japan to sustain the demand. But Wii and PS3 competition will soon affect DS sales, no doubt about it. Nintendo will just have to reduce the DS price to make sales skyrocket again. DS will likely sell more than 30 million units in Japan alone, in its lifetime.

Well, PSP Pink comes this week but it doesn't seem it helped Jeanne D'Arc. In two weeks, Silver, and in four weeks, Blue (+ ToW LE + MGS LE).

I still can't get why does PS2 suffer so much from PS3...it was having a great time with the pricedrop, at 25-30k...now, it sinks to 15k despite a new title selling 100k too and Christmas-New Year period coming really soon. Still has a few strong sellers ahead (Tales of Destiny, Ryu ga Gotoku 2...) that I'm going to start worrying about with this poor performance all around for Sony systems.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Well, PSP Pink comes this week but it doesn't seem it helped Jeanne D'Arc. In two weeks, Silver, and in four weeks, Blue (+ ToW LE + MGS LE).

I still can't get why does PS2 suffer so much from PS3...it was having a great time with the pricedrop, at 25-30k...now, it sinks to 15k despite a new title selling 100k too and Christmas-New Year period coming really soon. Still has a few strong sellers ahead (Tales of Destiny, Ryu ga Gotoku 2...) that I'm going to start worrying about with this poor performance all around for Sony systems.

One big reason is that a lot of PS2s sold were replacement systems. With so many in the wild you do get a lot of replacements of four year old consoles. As people buy PS3s or prepare to buy them they are going to hold off on buying a replacement PS2 at some point.

bud

ChrisAllenFiz said:
One big reason is that a lot of PS2s sold were replacement systems. With so many in the wild you do get a lot of replacements of four year old consoles. As people buy PS3s or prepare to buy them they are going to hold off on buying a replacement PS2 at some point.

do you have a source for this rather interesting info?
:)

Bud said:
do you have a source for this rather interesting info?
:)

Of course not. And I wasn`t dissing Sony, as you no doubt think I am. When you sell so many systems, its not suprising if a lot of them need replacing after 4/5 years hard use. If you have a big catalogue of games, you are going to buy another, especially if they are cheap. However, when the PS3 launches, you are getting a PS2 effectively for free, so you don`t need a replacement PS2 anymore.

Sorry if my supposition offends, none was meant.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I agree with ChrisAllenFiz.

My PS2 has currently died and I'm tossing up whether to just wait for a PS3 price-drop in late 2007 or to shell out for another one. Not bending backwards to keep playing the games, but it'd still be nice to have a system there in case the desire arises.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
PS3: 123,738 / 123,738
360: 96,442 / 167,009

2 more weeks for them to tie up? (If sony continues their shipments )

Culex

Banned
Although I'm overseas, I did have time for thanksgiving since we had the "day off" :) to do some updates regarding weekly numbers. It's been SO LONG since I've made a chart and I don't really feel like adding all the nice little pointers and stuff and my numbers are off I think by like 3 units for the DS, of which I don't care about fixing now!

So here's a nice little one-time update to my handheld chart :)

HandheldHardwareSales.png

Ngeist

We'll see, but I don't think casual gamers will buy two system. Casual who bought a DS won't buy a Wii.... They're on the same market...

Aurora

This is ridiculous. :lol

Really nice JUS numbers... and that Sega game too.

Wii can't come out soon enough in Japan.

Ngeist said:
We'll see, but I don't think casual gamers will buy two system. Casual who bought a DS won't buy a Wii.... They're on the same market...

And you're basing this on the less-than-concrete evidence presented by two other game machines that have a combined consumer cost of $900? A lot of casuals won't buy THOSE two systems, I agree, but a Wii+DS is half as light on the wallet.

bud

ChrisAllenFiz said:
Of course not. And I wasn`t dissing Sony, as you no doubt think I am. When you sell so many systems, its not suprising if a lot of them need replacing after 4/5 years hard use. If you have a big catalogue of games, you are going to buy another, especially if they are cheap. However, when the PS3 launches, you are getting a PS2 effectively for free, so you don`t need a replacement PS2 anymore.

Sorry if my supposition offends, none was meant.

Why should I be offended :lol

Mato

chadums90 said:
Any takers?

The Zelda PH release date situation and couldn't be more obscure, so it's difficult to tell.

And I'm surprised Sega managed to make such an instant hit game for the DS. Those sales are Nintendo first-party level.

Mumei

What are LTD of other Zelda titles in Japan? Specifically Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and The Wind Waker, if anyone has them.

I just want a reference to see how well Phantom Hourglass is doing. If anyone can help, it'd be much appreciated.

Top Bottom