• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 13 - 19 Nov

Mato said:
And I'm surprised Sega managed to make such an instant hit game for the DS. Those sales are Nintendo first-party level.

Bring the hottest arcade game for children on the hottest system for children and you will get $$$$$$

Mato

Moor-Angol said:
Bring the hottest arcade game for children on the hottest system for children and you will get $$$$$$

Ah, this is an already established franchise, I didn't know that.

Rock_Man

donny2112 said:
The 3 difference is because of Media-Create LTDs posted earlier this year which showed a difference of 3 for the DS. I think it was discussed in last week's thread.

Not only DS. Please check numbers for the other systems as well. Your numbers are slightly off.

Trying to figure out the rest of the top 50 here.

22. Resistance (PS3)
23. Final Fantasy III (NDS)
28. Gyakuten Saiban 2 Best Price (NDS)
31. DBZ Sparking NEO (PS2)
33. Giant Enemy Crab (PS3)
38. Mario Basket 3on3 (NDS)

As you can see, my Japanese is awesome.

donny2112

Rock_Man said:
Not only DS. Please check numbers for the other systems as well. Your numbers are slightly off.

Based on your post here, my PSP number is 6 too high. Is that what you're talking about or are more incorrect? I don't keep track of GCN, PS2, XBX, or GBA LTD.

Thanks for your help! :)

CorwinB

Moor-Angol said:

That's true, but such insightful marketing decisions have not been a trademark of Sega in the past...

linsivvi

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
First day sales (more accurate)
NDS Love and Berry DS Collection - 270.000 (34%)
NDS Jump Ultimate Stars - 150.000 (43%)
PS2 Winning Eleven 10 J.League + Europe League 06-07 - 53.000 (65%)
PSP Jeanne d'Arc - 35.000 (58%)
360 Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2 - 33.000 (58%)
360 Culdcept Saga - 18.000 (59%)
NDS Bokura no Taiyou Django & Sabata - 15.000 (25%)

There goes my outside chance of Pokemon being knocked out of the DS top 3. At least it's confirmed that Pokemon can only be #3 on the chart...

The usual

DSL at 38 weeks: 5.75M
GBASP at 38 weeks: 1.83M
Time for GBASP to reach 5.75M: 159 weeks

(We've slipped into GBASP's fourth year now. DSL went through GBASP's third year in 6 weeks.)

"DS after Lite" at 38 weeks: 483K
"GBA after SP" at 38 weeks: 488K
Time for "GBA after SP" to reach 483K: 38 weeks

("DS after Lite" is no longer ahead of "GBA after SP" and DS numbers are trickling. I hereby deem this stat Boring to see every week.)

DS at 38 weeks: 2.96M
PSP at 38 weeks: 1.65M
GBM at 38 weeks: 513K

Graphically

koam said:
Where's Pacman?
pacchartweekly.php

http://joshuajamesslone.name/gamecharting/pacchartweekly.php?date1=2006-11-13

apotema

Mr. Pointy said:
Trying to figure out the rest of the top 50 here.

22. Resistance (PS3)
23. Final Fantasy III (NDS)
28. Gyakuten Saiban 2 Best Price (NDS)
31. DBZ Sparking NEO (PS2)
33. Giant Enemy Crab (PS3)
38. Mario Basket 3on3 (NDS)

As you can see, my Japanese is awesome.

I see what you did here

Rock_Man

donny2112 said:
Based on your post here, my PSP number is 6 too high. Is that what you're talking about or are more incorrect? I don't keep track of GCN, PS2, XBX, or GBA LTD.

Thanks for your help! :)

Okay, I thought your GC, PS2, XB and GBA numbers were wrong as well since you didn't adjust them. But you're not wrong if you don't even have them, of course. :) Your PSP number is 6 too high though.

verplant

cvxfreak said:
DS: 6,688,151 / 12,335,100

I've got 12,335,103 for DS LTD... (my numbers are: klick)

from older threads:

---------------------

at 10/29:

DSL 5,364,012
DS 6,580,365
Total 11,944,377

=> I agree

---------------------

week 10/30-11/05:

DSL - 113,097 / 5,477,109 => ok
DS - 373 / 6,580,735 => must be 6,580,738
Total 12,057,847

Whats all this shit about ps2. Its like 6 ****in years old, and 30 mil in. Its got a successor, and competition, what the hell are people wanting from it. I'd have expected it o have died ages ago. It should be on 360 levels.

So looking at the stupid portion of my spreadsheet, the "If DS stopped selling, and PSP kept selling at this rate, when would it catch the DS?" stat comes to March 19, 2016.

the thoroughbred said:
Whats all this shit about ps2. Its like 6 ****in years old, and 30 mil in. Its got a successor, and competition, what the hell are people wanting from it. I'd have expected it o have died ages ago. It should be on 360 levels.
It's a notable fact that it's just had its two lowest weeks ever. Who is throwing shit about it? It does put Sony in a bit of a bad position in that its new system is evidently convincing thousands more people to not buy their other systems, but since they don't have enough of the new system they just end up without the sale.

AniHawk

the thoroughbred said:

20m in, actually.

cvxfreak

According to Famitsu the PS2 had some pretty low weeks in 2000 due to shortages.

the thoroughbred said:

In actuality the amount of last gen systems sold in Japan is less than the amount of 32/64 bit systems sold there. PSone ~ PS2, but N64 > GC and Saturn > Dreamcast. So I expect the PS2 to hang on a bit longer but eventually taper off in early 2007. Media Create also acknowledged repeat PS2 purchases last year (in favor of the smaller model) so I'm sure that's a factor, probably a small one.

apujanata

Mumei said:
What are LTD of other Zelda titles in Japan? Specifically Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and The Wind Waker, if anyone has them.

I just want a reference to see how well Phantom Hourglass is doing. If anyone can help, it'd be much appreciated.

Platinum list (from magic-box) :
The Legend of Zelda : 1.52 Million
The Legend of Zelda II: Link's Adventure : 1.8 Million
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past : 1.15 Million
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time : 1.45 Million

couldn't find MM & WW. Most probably they don't hit 1 Million (since platinum list only list games with sales > 1 Million).

Ok sorry. I do apologise (no sarcasm), I took a random stab and said 30mil. Was in a bit of a rush, had to go out. But you get my point. Everyones like "OMG why has ps2 sales dropped", that thing is like 100 mil worldwide, its bound to happen someday.

apujanata said:

couldn't find MM & WW. Most probably they don't hit 1 Million (since platinum list only list games with sales > 1 Million).

Wind Waker was around 800,000 if I remember. Twilight Princess should reach around 1,000,000 in Japan though. It will probably match Super Smash Bros. numbers for the Gamecube (~1.2 Million), being that it is the huge launch title.

apujanata said:

It might be more practical to compare the LTDs of the handheld Zeldas (from Link's Awakening all the way to Minish Cap). Does anybody have any information on those?

apujanata

splattergnome said:
It might be more practical to compare the LTDs of the handheld Zeldas (from Link's Awakening all the way to Minish Cap). Does anybody have any information on those?

I think they are all below 1 Million (the handheld ones).
Based on Dengeki :
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords 283,348 (as of 6-Jul-03)

Console Zelda info (also based on Dengeki) :
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker 657,764 (as of 15-Jun-03)

Anyone have minish cap LTD ?

Deku

Banned
Slightly OT, what's the LTD of DS/DSL WW? It seems like it will break 30 Million easy, but how high will it go?

donny2112

Deku said:
Slightly OT, what's the LTD of DS/DSL WW? It seems like it will break 30 Million easy, but how high will it go?

U.S. and Japan here. (U.S. 6.6, JPN 12.3) NOE recently put out a statement saying 7 million, so that's 25.9 between the three major territories. I think 27 million was mentioned earlier in this thread.

cvxfreak

duckroll said:
*tumbleweed*

Fixed.

kisakiproject said:
Culdecept Saga 20k and Doax2 30k. This weeks sales are gonna be huge for 360. Keep on going little guy, blue dragon is almost there.

I really hope the 360 breaks 20K in a single week this holiday season. preferrably when Blue Dragon and then Lost Planet roll around.

cvxfreak said:
Fixed.

I really hope the 360 breaks 20K in a single week this holiday season. preferrably when Blue Dragon and then Lost Planet roll around.

I think Blue dragon has pre-sold enough bundles that it should sell more than 20K the week that the bundle comes out.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
First day sales (more accurate)
NDS Love and Berry DS Collection - 270.000 (???)
NDS Jump Ultimate Stars - 150.000 (???)
PS2 Winning Eleven 10 J.League + Europe League 06-07 - 53.000 (???)
PSP Jeanne d'Arc - 35.000 (???)
360 Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2 - 33.000 (???)
360 Culdcept Saga - 18.000 (???)

NDS Bokura no Taiyou Django & Sabata - 15.000 (???)

E-reader can never die!!!!

@X360. Finally some good sales. DOAX2 should be the first 360 game ever in a M-create top 10. I hope Culdecept Saga makes it too, but increased DS sales may block it. 360 should sell at least 10k that week. DOAX2 is selling to alot of previous owners but Culdecept Saga has got to be bringing in a new crowd. Only 2 weeks till Blue Dragon.

verplant

ziran

posted?

i'm not sure if this has been confirmed already, but afp says nintendo is shipping 1 million wii units in japan by dec 31st:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2006112...uselectronicsgamecompanynintendo_061128083739
Nintendo aims to ship one million Wiis in Japan and four million worldwide by the end of the year, rising to six million globally by March 2007.
so going by dec week endings, i'd guess shipments will be something like:
3rd - 400k
10th - 100k
17th - 100k
24th - 200k
31st - 200k

even though japan may have a stronger appetite for wii it makes sense to load na with 2 million by dec 31st because of thanksgiving and xmas. japan's big shopping season flows into jan. so while na ends up with the lions share the first 4 million, japan could end up with the most of the 07 2 million (by march).

Top Bottom