• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katsuhiro Harada missing? | Upd: Healthy and safe!

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Assuming this is not some viral marketing thing for E3 (and it would be wrong if it was), I hope they find him and he's alright.

Persona7

Banned
This doesn't seem like the type of thing you'd joke about... and I hope he's okay if it's true.

but I have a hard time believing they'd use his Twitter for this, or even have access to it.

It is possible that he left his twitter logged on to a company computer or something like that.

Sayah

Please be safe Harada.

He is working on 4 different game projects so it's easy to see how stressful of a job he has.

I don't really see why this would be an issue if it was a vacation or overseas project. There must be some reason for this:

KYiwC3C.png

...My pic is in this tweet!

I hope this is just a stunt! I read some of his previous tweets, and he answered some questions asking about the whereabouts of other game developers who hadn't tweeted in a while. He suggests they may have quit Twitter. Also, his background image is a version of the SFII Guile win quote: Go home and be a family man. Clues?

Please let this be a stunt, at least!

Darryl

Banned
that's barely some page 1 shit. come on.

what does this even mean

So this is a stunt? Why is this a stunt? Seems in poor taste

dunno its confusing. i mean it's his job. you don't go missing from your job for a week without anyone saying anything. you don't go a day without someone freaking out. so the only interpretation i can think of is that he's at E3 or that he's just very hard at work all over the place and can't find time to come by the office

This is probably just a pre-E3 thing. Harada goes missing and Namco ask people to look for him, then he shows up at one of the pressers.

driph

Neo Member
It is possible that he left his twitter logged on to a company computer or something like that.

Being that his twitter account blurs the line between personal and official Tekken, I wouldn't be surprised if the company has access, or if his account is registered under a company email address.

Or like you said, he simply keeps the password saved in his workstation browser.

As others mentioned, it seems odd that the message was posted only in English; you'd think they'd post in Japanese as well to help get the word out to local folks that might actually be in a position to know what's going on.

If this is an E3 stunt, it's incredibly callous. Here's hoping he's okay.

If it's a stunt than I hope they get reprimanded but if it's a miscommunication than I'd say let it go. Things like this should never be a joke ever.

if this is a stunt, this is not funny nor clever. People go missing all the time and it worries friends and families. Sorry to be a debby downer.

Xpliskin

He's been kidnapped by MS and Tekken is a XBONE exclusive series now, this is the beginning of a E3 announcement marketing stunt.

Glad he's ok

if this is a stunt, this is not funny nor clever. People go missing all the time and it worries friends and families. Sorry to be a debby downer.

Not a debby downer at all, I get worried about people I've never heard of when I see missing things. I've looked around nearby land when people are missing just in the event that I can help out. Missing persons are never a joke and if it, then those people should be condemned.

Not a debby downer at all, I get worried about people I've never heard of when I see missing things. I've looked around nearby land when people are missing just in the event that I can help out. Missing persons are never a joke and if it, then those people should be condemned.

It's funny because some people on here and twitter were more concerned about the state of the tekken franchise than his own health. Incredibly selfish.

Just burnt out? Just pissed off towards Namco executives? All that yelling business related to weak TTT2 sales and him being blamed by the higher ups?

Hope not and its just E3 marketing stunt gone wrong :p

Jintor

Anyway, I hope if journos are going to report this they at least do the right thing and contact Namco FIRST before running their stories

noodalls

Katsuhiro Harada Katsuhiro Harada ‏@Harada_TEKKEN 6m

*This is TEKKEN Project support team* There appear to be some news articles worrying for Harada-san's safety (cont...

Katsuhiro Harada ‏@Harada_TEKKEN 6m

...cont) However, we were able to confirm he has been logged into Steam daily, so we believe he is OK, but just has not shown up for work.
Expand

TTT2 PC version incoming?

Top Bottom