• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

SalvaPot

Main character should be Crab and I'm not even on this

You had not voted by the time I made it. I choose Crab for the Chaos path because of the hand as in "Uh, this guys are jerks", and everyone that voted for kgtrep is on that side, and the other way around also was selected that way.

I choose myself as the protagonist because I am a egocentric jerk.

ViviOggi

You had not voted by the time I made it. I choose Crab for the Chaos path because of the hand as in "Uh, this guys are jerks", and everyone that voted for kgtrep is on that side, and the other way around also was selected that way.

I choose myself as the protagonist because I am a egocentric jerk.
Ooohh

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Well fuck... Crab and I actually seen to think the same on a lot. I can't vote for him now. :(

unvote: Crab
I was going to say that agreeing with someone is not a good reason not to suspect them, but it's too late. Oh well.

I was going to say that agreeing with someone is not a good reason not to suspect them, but it's too late. Oh well.

It isn't simply that. The reasons why we suspect the players we do is too similar for me to think him Despair. Because he is putting pressure on the same people I, as a Hope player, would.

Day 2 Ends

VeXH5hA.gif

scfc4Q6.gif

After a heated argument between the two combatants, the rest of the students came to the conclusion - kgtrep had nothing conclusive on Crab. As such, the rest of the students turned on him, voting for him for execution. As the last vote came in, shutting down any hope he had left, kgtrep was smug enough to not even rebut any of the suspicions.

As with the last execution, kgtrep was dragged off into the same room. This time, however, the room had changed slightly. At the far end of the room, was a revolver on a pedestal; kgtrep was released and instructed to grab it and pocket it. When he picked up the revolver, Monokuma had already approached him from behind, dressed with a cowboy hat, boots with spurs, and a belt with a holster. “Duel,” he told kgtrep.

They lined up back to back in the center of the room. Afraid to act out, kgtrep simply did as he was told. “1,” Monokuma called out. They each took a step forward. kgtrep was certain he would die on the spot without any further provocation. “2,” a second step. kgtrep couldn’t handle it. He considered turning around earlier, but feared the consequences of missing. “3,” yet another step. As the pressure became too much, Monokuma finally called, “Draw.” kgtrep spun as quickly as he could on his heel, but what faced him was not a stuffed bear with a revolver - it was a stuffed bear armed with a minigun many times larger than his body. Before being able to process a second thought, the loud humming of the machinery overtook the room and the pain had already hit him. kgtrep died seconds after the gun began firing, but the gun persisted until kgtrep’s body began to be torn to smaller and smaller pieces. Soon, his body parts were no longer recognizable, other than small shreds of his clothing and the red ooze of body matter. The gun whirred down finally and Monokuma walked off with the eerie smile he always had.

kgtrep the Super High-School Level Affluent Progeny has been punished.

He again appeared behind the students and proclaimed, “Alright everybody, off to bed with you!” The students made their way back to the dorms for the night.

Welcome to Despair Academy!

You are the Super High-School Level Affluent Progeny!

You are aligned with Hope. You win when only Hope-aligned players remain.

You do not remember your classmates, but clues lead you to believe that you perhaps knew them in another life.

You’re a cocky bastard whose parents were rich. You happen to think you’re pretty smart too, so you’re prone to challenging people to intellectual battles.

Once per game, during the night phase, you can challenge another player to a Bullet Time Battle by PM me the message BTB:<player name>. During the next day phase, your challenge will be announced publicly. In this day phase, players will only be able to vote for you or the player you challenged for execution. They will not be able to vote for any other players nor for a NO PUNISHMENT.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

For final votes, please refer to the third OP.

Night Phase 2 ends in:

t1439679600z4.png

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Plus Crab was winning this duel anyway tbqh. With or without my vote.

I don't know. Vivi wanted to vote me, and both you and Terra voted me earlier, so while I won, I effectively won 11-10. It wasn't a foregone conclusion.

exf27M4.png

Good morning! There are now 96 hours before the end of the day phase.

DING DONG DING DONG

Your eyes open upon hearing the sounds of the announcement bells. Your body doesn&#8217;t react. It&#8217;s weighed down by the events of the last few days, your mind unable to cope with the tragedies of the last few days. How much longer can this go on for? How much longer until it&#8217;s you who&#8217;s dead?

Monokuma appears on your television set, commanding your attention with an absurd exclamation. &#8220;Bing bong bing bong. A body has been discovered! Following a brief period of investigation, we will commence our school trial!&#8221;

Even though it was expected, you dreaded the announcement. You had hoped today would be different - but instead, all you are faced with is more despair. You make your away outside of your room, scanning the halls for the direction where everyone is gathering. Finding the others, you slowly make your way to the dorm room where you expect to find the 4th victim of this horrible game.

Lying on the floor of the room is a body, what seems to be a kilt laid over its face. You&#8217;re not sure why it&#8217;s there, but judging from the way it was wrapped around the victim&#8217;s head, it seemed as though it was used to asphyxiate this person. Looking up at the rest of the room, you see a single sentence carved into the headboard of the bed. &#8220;YOU&#8217;RE NO PROTAGONIST,&#8221; it reads. You know whose body it is before removing the kilt&#8230;

SalvaPot has been murdered.

After looking over the scene, the students make their way to the courtroom for today&#8217;s battle&#8230;
Originally Posted by LaunchpadMcQ
Welcome to Despair Academy!

You are the Super High-School Level Troublemaker!

You are aligned with Hope. You win when only Hope-aligned players remain.

You do not remember your classmates, but clues lead you to believe that you perhaps knew them in another life.

You&#8217;ve always been a bit of a scoundrel - enough so that you were accepted into Hope&#8217;s Peak Academy just based on the amount of trouble you caused.

Once per night, before any other activity has commenced, you can swap the nametags on the doors of two rooms by sending me a PM with the command SWAP: <player name 1>/<player name 2>. Any actions taken on one player will be done onto the other and vice-versa. To avoid drawing attention to your rambunctiousness, you will swap the nametags back just before the day phase has commenced. You can also target yourself with this ability.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

Time remaining in Day Phase 3:

t1440025200z4.png

Rest

It seem like the bottom row is safe from both punishment and murders, so that's a bit relieving...

*Splinter

So... About that goshujinsama "role-claim"...
Well goshu has been hinting that he's not actually the switcher, and it makes sense that he'd use a different power than his own in his example scenario.

It's has put him out of suspicion for 2 days though, maybe we should have been more careful

Ty4on

One reason for killing him might be that the first day he was quite quiet and the second he still didn't make much of an impact (as I remember it, must sleep now, can't research), but he did bring out the map and start speculating. I wonder if he left any hints on whom he switched.

Makai

Reposting:

I'm browsing the wiki Mafia at the moment. But if there are any of you who would be kind enough to explain the hierarchy / sequence on what role power takes precedence over other ones, that would help.

For example, if a Switcher switch two players (say, A and B) and one of them is targeted by the Mafia (say A is targeted), will the switch happen first (B will die instead) or the kill happens first (A dies)?

Note that this is my first Mafia game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Usually switching takes priority because its entire purpose is to "mess with targets". It can't do that if it resolves after killing.

Please don't comment on the game if you're not in the game. Whatever mechanics may be in place are a design of the game and should be discussed only by the players.

Makai

Well goshu has been hinting that he's not actually the switcher, and it makes sense that he'd use a different power than his own in his example scenario.

It's has put him out of suspicion for 2 days though, maybe we should have been more careful
I think he might have been feigning ignorance. I asked a lot of questions I knew the answer to when I was mafia. I was a new player, but the wiki explained most everything. Gosh has reiterated that he's a new player quite a few times, including in his defense of Crab. It's an easy posture for a new scum player to take.

Pau

I'm surprised, too. Maybe he switched himself with the target?
I can't imagine himself switching to defend the other person and die himself. In the case of switching himself, it would be someone who he assumed was an unlikely target.

*Splinter

I can't imagine himself switching to defend the other person and die himself. In the case of switching himself, it would be someone who he assumed was an unlikely target.
Well he could have been unlucky. I wonder who he'd deem an 'unlikely target'?

*sigh* Time to re-read everything again :(

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

To be honest, my big thing is about the people who imidiately used that post as a accidental role claim as soon as it happened. I didn't see the jump from "role priority with switcher" to "I am the switcher". Now that he might actually have a PR I could buy, but that jump happened really fast...

Ehh it seems like you guys weren't very thorough in your investigation. The dead guy wrote a note before he died.

"Enjoy the ride, lovelies!"

What? That's it? That's not even helpful. Alright, whatever, carry on students.

Swamped

Banned
Poor SalvaPot. That's an interesting person to target. Could Despair have somehow known he had a power? And if so, why did they think of using their investigative powers on him N1? He didn't really make much of an impact D1. I think it's likelier that he switched himself with someone and thus he sacrificed himself.

Makai

I agree, he didn't switch himself with someone else to save them. I also doubt he switched himself with some random and ended up axed. If I were switcher, I would use my power offensively. I would switch someone I expect to be targeted with someone I suspect is scum. The danger with this strategy is if your scum suspect ends up being the target for that night. He could have been goading scum to attack him with the SMT posts - some people here get really snooty about that kind of commentary (see: Blarg's recurring early lynches). If this was his plan, his scum suspect ended up being last night's target. The easiest explanation is he switched two people other than himself and was directly targeted for death.

Rest

What had bothered me toward the end of day one about Terrabyte20xx is how much fluff he seems to post. He's posted 50% more than Zippedpinhead, and over twice as much as AbsolutBro, yet I don't really feel I know anything about him; I feel his presence less than either one of those two. For the time being I'm going to go back over his posts one more time, to see if anything in particular stands out, but if anyone else has thoughts to share please do so.

Before my time is done fore the day, I'd remind people of one set of posts in particular:

No one's tunneling really, kingkitty posted and people reacted. Who would you rather focus on?

Literally anyone else. We practically know all there is to know about kingkitty at this moment in time.

"Let's focus on literally anyone else"

> Suggests literally nobody else.

I'm only half done reviewing everything right now, but that seems to be the story of Terrabyte20xx.

Swamped

Banned

Ok, let's take this speculation forward. Who would he think would be an unlikely target? Either someone he thought Despair would think it too risky to kill, or someone he thought was Despair themselves. I think we agreed towards the end of Day 2 that should Crab be Hope, he would probably not make a good target for Despair that night (because there may be protective powers on him). Crab is a likely switch target.

I'm just going through SalvaPot's posts now, and he is generally very suspicious of me and also Terra. Is it likely he switched with one of us?

This is all assuming he switched himself at all.

*Splinter

He's posted 50% more than Zippedpinhead, and over twice as much as AbsolutBro, yet I don't really feel I know anything about him; I feel his presence less than either one of those two.
AB and Zipped are strange choices to mention... AB has been really good at making long-winded posts that mean nothing at all (including the longest non-post of the thread), and Zipped I thought was even more blatant in his wishy washy posting.

*Splinter

Also Terrabyte: I found (another) thing I had remembered incorrectly about you in D2. You're D2 was actually a lot better than D1, so I'm slightly relaxing on you for now.

Also going to chill on Crab. Not because I think he's innocent but because it's clearly a waste of time (for now...)

Swamped

Banned
Also going to chill on Crab. Not because I think he's innocent but because it's clearly a waste of time (for now...)

I think this is a good stance to take. If Crab is indeed playing the False Hope Leader (which, I'm not convinced he is) then it will be very easy to take him down later in the game, like Day 5 or 6. It will be impossible to keep the charade going.

Meanwhile, there are 3-4 other Despairs that we haven't found yet. I have some juicy targets in mind, so watch out for my upcoming posts (essentially going to be an elaboration on the reads I posted Day 2).

Pau

Ok, let's take this speculation forward. Who would he think would be an unlikely target? Either someone he thought Despair would think it too risky to kill, or someone he thought was Despair themselves. I think we agreed towards the end of Day 2 that should Crab be Hope, he would probably not make a good target for Despair that night (because there may be protective powers on him). Crab is a likely switch target.

I'm just going through SalvaPot's posts now, and he is generally very suspicious of me and also Terra. Is it likely he switched with one of us?

This is all assuming he switched himself at all.
I'm not convinced he did switch himself. I'm guessing he was targeted because Despair saw him moving around the night before.

RIP SalvaPot

As some of you may have gathered about my role, it is not the Switcher or Swapper role, though it may be affected by it, and it is a passive power in which I do not have to send a command to the game runner during the night, as CornBurrito may have inadvertently discovered. I hinted as such in my previous post no. 632 and 1350. I will now say no more on the matter since I believe it is not quite the right approach to clear suspicion.

Instead, may I suggest that despite my role or, for lack of better words, ‘vibes’, I believe it is important that each player clear him/herself out of suspicions on the basis of logic, persuasion and contributions.

Let us pursue this line of thought and I would like to submit myself into scrutiny as an example, let us pick top three points of assessment for me:

If I look at goshujinsama as a player, he is someone who has –
  1. Low post counts
  2. Reiterated that he is a new player at least three times to date
  3. Picked on ‘safe’ votes on Day 1 (inactive players)
Now, expanding on these, I am led towards the following paths of thought –
  1. ‘Flying under the radar’ – this is a valid approach for Despair to adopt. They are not quite as anxious as Hope to participate and generate discussions or volunteer information. I believe in the previous games, the Mafia were the ones that Town was not very sure of, and they were able to ‘survive’ until the later part of the game simply by contributing at the moderate to low level.
  2. Another potential ruse. Claiming new to the game gives the player somewhat a leeway to make ‘mistakes’ which may generate distraction or confusion. Claiming new several times reinforces the message and bolsters the illusion.
  3. Safe votes do not supply any information for Hope because they are universally logical.
I hope this illustrates how I prefer to address each player. Power role or not, Hope should benefit from each player as a contributing member and despite having so-called power, I propose that I, nor anyone else, should NOT be exempt from scrutiny nor from being nominated as an exiting member. At the end of the day, Hope should keep only those that are consistently contributing to advance Hope’s victory.

Let us now allow myself a space to address the scrutiny I have raised against myself. Please bear in mind that this exercise is in no way comprehensive and there may be a number of other items that I have not addressed here. Remember that what a player has said is as much of interest as what he/she has NOT said.

With that, I proffer the following defence:

1. Though my post counts are in the low side, I endeavour to contribute with meaningful comments and analysis. I believe I was the first one that proffered a full listing of each players’ read in this game. This indicates my desire as a player to communicate to each of you how I see you. Communication is a powerful tool that we have and I believe I added value in this front.
  2. I will refrain from repeating this redundant information of my newness in the future. Though it is the truth, it is no use to Hope. I am as much as a valid target for lynching as the next player and we are now in Day 3, my newness should not give rise to special treatment any further.
  3. Day 1’s votes are difficult to pick since we have almost zero information to base our votes on. Day 2 has been a duel situation so I have yet to demonstrate how I would use my votes in a meaningful manner. I will endeavour to use my voting power better, but I do urge Hope to be wary of those who go after ‘safe’ targets.
Tangentially speaking, please note that since my Day 1’s vote did not rest on Hagi, I can always claim that I washed my hands clean off that bandwagon, and if I ever claim this, please know that this is a suspect behaviour in my book.

Note that I would consider that defence to be a little lacklustre. I was unable to say much with regards to item 2 and 3, if not only to implore Hope to look on and assess future performance.

With that out of the way, I welcome any further questioning on my play and stances. Again, I must say, this may yet be a strategy to clear one’s own name moving forward. It is easy for us to vote simply on the basis on illusion that has been created for us by the player. It is equally easy for us to vote for a player based on how much we like or dislike the particular player. There is a lot to parse through and at the end of the day, we have to remember that a good Hope player would be someone who would put Hope’s victory above their own survival.

May I suggest that each of us attempt something like the above exercise in our assessment of each other? I was inspired by AbsolutBro myself and I find it an interesting exercise. There is no need for the posting of such analysis onto the thread, should you prefer to play things closer to your chest for the time being. But, I believe this is a beneficial tool to use.

And as a closing, and to demonstrate that I would like to use my voting powers to better use –

Vote: CzarTim

There are a few reasons for this vote, but for one, I would like to see him mount a thorough defence of his value to Hope. He is the highest post count player in the game, though I cannot recall any particular post in which he offered thoughtful players readings or meaty analysis on gameplay. He is also frequently seen buddying up to Crab to chide or lord over the other players in the game. Furthermore, he did not receive a single vote in Day 1 and I believe he has been cruising relatively smoothly. I am using my vote to apply some pressure onto CzarTim. It may be a little overdue.

Swamped

Banned
I'm not convinced he did switch himself. I'm guessing he was targeted because Despair saw him moving around the night before.

Are you insinuating there's a watcher/tracker among Despair? If so, why would they investigate him N1? As I said before, I don't think he would have made a good target from the way he posted Day 1. Or maybe it was the lack of content in his posts that made Despair want to take a closer look at him Night 1?

CzarTim

How dare you vote for a claimed doctor with nk immunity.

But seriously I don't know what you want, not getting voted for is hardly a scum tell and I'm not the only one who hasn't posted detailed reads (but I've posted more than some). Voting for someone to pressure someone doesn't work when you say that's the reason lol

Pau

Are you insinuating there's a watcher/tracker among Despair? If so, why would they investigate him N1? As I said before, I don't think he would have made a good target from the way he posted Day 1. Or maybe it was the lack of content in his posts that made Despair want to take a closer look at him Night 1?
I guess it does come down to being lucky in investigating rather than in blindly killing. The latter is too lucky. :/

How about a simple analysis or reads on your take of who are your top suspects and maybe an analysis of how the game should be played at this stage of Day 3, from a veteran player such as yourself?

Who do you think we should look into in this Day no. 3?

Your posts are often derisive. Crab has illuminated to me that this playstyle is beneficial to Hope in as much that it encourages a less boring flow. Therefore I do not mind the packaging of your messages, I am simply desiring to see more than just derision. I hope that clarify what I was looking for, from you.

CzarTim

How about a simple analysis or reads on your take of who are your top suspects and maybe an analysis of how the game should be played at this stage of Day 3, from a veteran player such as yourself?

Who do you think we should look into in this Day no. 3?

Your posts are often derisive. Crab has illuminated to me that this playstyle is beneficial to Hope in as much that it encourages a less boring flow. Therefore I do not mind the packaging of your messages, I am simply desiring to see more than just derision. I hope that clarify what I was looking for, from you.
I posted my reads yesterday. Where I'm at today though is:
I said I'd vote corn yesterday, but I cooled a bit on him after he posted his reads. However unless I am mistaken he did not have a final vote in either day one or day two. This irks me to no end because it feels like he is dodging accountability for his votes.

That post by rest is something I'd like to see more of from him.

But today I plan on voting Barry as it seemed a general consensus on him yesterday was he's scummy this game and I agree.

I'd post more but phone posting sucks

Terrabyte20xx

So one of Salva's leads he was following was about the map, so I think it's worth taking a look at once more:

g0iy1rO.png

Let's look at whose rooms have an X, they are :

Hagi

Francorp

Kgtrep

SalvaPot

Now Hagi and kgtrep were voted out, so that leaves us with Francorp and SalvaPot. Something that bugs me is their position: namely, that they are rooms at the ends of the hallways. Something odd I noticed was when Francorp was killed, Splinter, who is across for him, was alive while the guy across from Salva, kgtrep, was dead. I don't mean that to be an accusation, just an observation.

Unfortunately, we don't really know the point of the map, but we do know it plays a big part of the game as stated by Launch in the OP:

Each student has been assigned a dormitory room. Under normal circumstances, you will not be able to leave your room. There are 24 dorm rooms total - 23 occupied by students and 1 empty dorm room. There are also 4 facilities on the campus. Clockwise from the top-right these are: basketball gym, cafeteria, swimming pool, and workshop (yeah, that last symbol confused me too; I didn't draw this darn thing). Placement of players in dormitories were random.

While it’s advised that students remain in their dorm rooms during the night, there will always be rule-breakers. To those rule-breakers, I would advise caution - where you are going is not as important as how you get there. I'll let you figure out what that means, though many of you will figure it out on the first night. upupupu

The bolded is the part that makes this whole thing interesting, especially the part about 'many of you will figure it out on the first night'. I can only assume it has to do with power roles, which unfortunately diminishes what we can learn. This is because we can't let those who have PRs Role-claim just yet. But those who do(You know who you are) should keep what you know in mind while we search for dispair today.

One final thing about the map that caught my eye was the inclution of the extra room. If this map does indeed have an active role in this game, then that empty room is probably a very important piece. If it wasn't meant to be used in some capacity, Launch would never have added it, unless he's OCD or something.

I posted my reads yesterday. Where I'm at today though is:
I said I'd vote corn yesterday, but I cooled a bit on him after he posted his reads. However unless I am mistaken he did not have a final vote in either day one or day two. This irks me to no end because it feels like he is dodging accountability for his votes.

That post by rest is something I'd like to see more of from him.

But today I plan on voting Barry as it seemed a general consensus on him yesterday was he's scummy this game and I agree.

I'd post more but phone posting sucks

No you are correct. I withdrew my Vote on D1 and on D2. There was no risk of a no punishment. And I didn't feel comfortable voting on those days. Hagi wasn't Despair imo. And I was not going to vote kgtrep yesterday.

I suppose it is dodging accountability. But it isn't like I haven't voted.

Terrabyte20xx

So one of Salva's leads he was following was about the map, so I think it's worth taking a look at once more:

g0iy1rO.png

Let's look at whose rooms have an X, they are :

Hagi

Francorp

Kgtrep

SalvaPot

Now Hagi and kgtrep were voted out, so that leaves us with Francorp and SalvaPot. Something that bugs me is their position: namely, that they are rooms at the ends of the hallways. Something odd I noticed was when Francorp was killed, Splinter, who is across for him, was alive while the guy across from Salva, kgtrep, was dead. I don't mean that to be an accusation, just an observation.

Unfortunately, we don't really know the point of the map, but we do know it plays a big part of the game as stated by Launch in the OP:

The bolded is the part that makes this whole thing interesting, especially the part about 'many of you will figure it out on the first night'. I can only assume it has to do with power roles, which unfortunately diminishes what we can learn. This is because we can't let those who have PRs Role-claim just yet. But those who do(You know who you are) should keep what you know in mind while we search for dispair today.

One final thing about the map that caught my eye was the inclution of the extra room. If this map does indeed have an active role in this game, then that empty room is probably a very important piece. If it wasn't meant to be used in some capacity, Launch would never have added it, unless he's OCD or something.
I just realized Launch said he didn't draw the map, so that last point might be invalid. It might not, but it's not as cut and dry as it would've been had he drawn it himself.

Top Bottom