• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

What? No. Sawneeks clearly said the poison will kill her in two nights, so she will die night 3, and will still have all of day 3 to reveal her role and knowledge. No need for her to role claim today.

Well it clearly wasn't that clear. I thought two nights meant the night you're posioned + an additional night. So she'd die night 2.

nin1000

Banned
Well by golly this sure did take a turn. Harry Potter? Now that's a strong claim and I think I may have an idea on what's going on here. Again just a theory but a certain magic I've practiced before ;)

We have a Dumbledore roleclaim.
We have a Harry Potter roleclaim.

We have the Dumbledore say that the Harry Potter is most certainly a Death Eater, but then here comes good ole' Harry saying "But no! I'm Harry Potter" and now there's going to be a debate between the two to make themselves look distant from each other when in reality they may be Death Eaters conspiring in the background maybe splitting up the group so that the Death Eaters are harder to find.

You know what I'm thinking? That maybe, just maybe our roleclaim were close to what we got but opposite. Therefore:

We have a Voldemort Role Claim.
We have a Draco Malfoy Role Claim.

They may not be lying but this is certainly something we may want to look at. Throwing a fellow Death Eater under the bus to save the well being of all of the other DEs. Worth a shot. Plus.

Blargonaut. Look at him. See that sly smirk on his face? Blarg knows that if we successfully kill Kitty then Blarg will be deemed as Dumbledore when in reality, he's Voldemort the whole time.

I'll take my leave.

M'Lady.

W?k? F?n F?ct

?pp?r?ntly, 'D?mbl?d?r?' ?s ?n ??rly M?d?rn ?ngl?sh w?rd f?r 'b?mbl?b??'. J.K R?wl?ng ch?s? th? n?m? b?c??s? ?f D?mbl?d?r?'s l?v? ?f m?s?c.

Sh? ?m?g?n?d h?m w?lk?ng ?r??nd H?gw?rts, "h?mm?ng t? h?ms?lf ? l?t".

NhVgPLv.gif

roytheone

Well it clearly wasn't that clear. I thought two nights meant the night you're posioned + an additional night. So she'd die night 2.

latest

In my defense of ONUW I became the Tanner's Wife and wasn't informed of who the Tanner was so 95% of what I said in that game was complete BS. This morning I was actually at work like I said earlier and it was meeting day today so I couldn't really sneak off and play Mafia. :/

Anyway, the fun times of last night. Sadly I didn't wake up with the fun and friendly curse like Blarg has right now, instead I have been informed that I have been Poisoned and I will die in 2 Nights from last night ( so Night 3 ). I'm coming out with this info now for a few reasons.

1. It means we have a Poisoner somewhere. Whether they are Scum or Neutral I have no idea but I feel it's important that everyone else should know and be made aware.

2. I don't want to die. I'm hoping that to counter this Poisoner role there is someone out there who can cure poison via potion or a spell or something. However, if you can do this don't say anything about it. Also, play smart. If you don't feel safe enough to try and save me during the Night that's alright, I would much rather die than someone else get caught up in this.

3. If we have to discuss this, fine, but I would prefer we keep it short and sweet so we can move on and find Scum. There is little to figure out here except for the existence of a role that can poison people.

So, with the limited time I now have, I'm going to go back and see what I can find from Day 1 as well as asses what has already happened today. Blarg v. KingKitty seems to be the topic of the Day so I will start looking on that and get back to you guys.

How could Sawneeks have been any more clear about this?

XfATv80.jpg

Well by golly this sure did take a turn. Harry Potter? Now that's a strong claim and I think I may have an idea on what's going on here. Again just a theory but a certain magic I've practiced before ;)

We have a Dumbledore roleclaim.
We have a Harry Potter roleclaim.

We have the Dumbledore say that the Harry Potter is most certainly a Death Eater, but then here comes good ole' Harry saying "But no! I'm Harry Potter" and now there's going to be a debate between the two to make themselves look distant from each other when in reality they may be Death Eaters conspiring in the background maybe splitting up the group so that the Death Eaters are harder to find.

You know what I'm thinking? That maybe, just maybe our roleclaim were close to what we got but opposite. Therefore:

We have a Voldemort Role Claim.
We have a Draco Malfoy Role Claim.

They may not be lying but this is certainly something we may want to look at. Throwing a fellow Death Eater under the bus to save the well being of all of the other DEs. Worth a shot. Plus.

Blargonaut. Look at him. See that sly smirk on his face? Blarg knows that if we successfully kill Kitty then Blarg will be deemed as Dumbledore when in reality, he's Voldemort the whole time.

I'll take my leave.

M'Lady.

Unvote: KingKitty

Vote: Blargonaut

h0nfEBj.gif

pls J??y

pls

Burbeting

Banned
For TWE:

If Blargonaut is scum too, he would survive every night. Wouldn't that be suspicious to us, scum letting the police live after he caught one of them. It's different from my situation, they can easily let Miller live, but surely not a cop. So if Blargonaut keeps living, it's something to think about, but I seriously doubt it.

Do we know if everyone just knows the spells cast on them, or just the scum team'sspell

It may be useful for someone to come forward with this info if they see all spells, if not I'll assume we only see scum spells

Gorlak

Banned
Do we know if everyone just knows the spells cast on them, or just the scum team'sspell

It may be useful for someone to come forward with this info if they see all spells, if not I'll assume we only see scum spells

Aside from Blarg's statements we have no clue if spells are revealed at all. You are asking if somebody was targeted last night? Or are you actively asking for a role claim? I don't understand your last sentence.

Anyway, the fun times of last night. Sadly I didn't wake up with the fun and friendly curse like Blarg has right now, instead I have been informed that I have been Poisoned and I will die in 2 Nights from last night ( so Night 3 ). I'm coming out with this info now for a few reasons.

Sorry to hear about your situation Sawneeks :(

Do make the most of your role in the short time you have and give us your reads. I enjoy reading them.

Hopefully someone does try and save you and we see you on Day 4.

Unless you're lying and in that case you're the dirty awful Death Eater now and I hope you get lynched :p

But seriously, I believe you.

For TWE:

If Blargonaut is scum too, he would survive every night. Wouldn't that be suspicious to us, scum letting the police live after he caught one of them. It's different from my situation, they can easily let Miller live, but surely not a cop. So if Blargonaut keeps living, it's something to think about, but I seriously doubt it.

Yup, I propose we go ahead and lynch kingkitty first and see his role flip.

Is Scum - Blarg either lives or dies at night, if he lives we get another alignment report. If not he'll have some explaining to do.

Is Town - Lynch Blarg, no questions.

Anything else we want to discuss?

Aside from Blarg's statements we have no clue if spells are revealed at all. You are asking if somebody was targeted last night? Or are you actively asking for a role claim? I don't understand your last sentence.

Sawneeks as well is where I'm guessing about this.

No, I don't want role claims.But if we know the spells cast on people and what they do, then we can know the roles we have on either side and plan and think ahead with this knowledge

I'm saying that if people were hit by spells, this could be useful information

Imo, it gives us knowledge of what we're working with without outing any of our power roles

Ok, just had a thought in the shower. Maybe it's Blarg being Blarg and making up the whole dropping the vowel act.

Salvapot, I'd really like to hear from Crab, he's going to be back soon? Does he have anything to say through you?

Kawl_USC

Apologies for not chiming in on all the fun that's come in the past 12 hours, been busy sleeping/work. Unfortunately I've got a busy few days of real life coming up with a good deal of driving that may hamper my posting. I'll try to make up for the lack tonight once I'm situated.

With that in mind only going to leave some comments on the bigger things happening right now and leave more detailed reads and analysis for later as anything past HP and Dumbledoor or Sawneeks claim would be half cocked at best.

I posted earlier that I had more doubts of the DD claim coming from Blarg than from any other player and that remains true. His knowing two curse names used is strange (but in his defense stupify is mentioned in the end of night flavor). His additional info dump concerning the horocruxes both makes sense and seems to be a bit ridiculous. If he had said that there exist horocruxes that need to be found before Voldemort can be removed from the game I would buy that. But as an entirely separate hidden win condition unrelated to removing the Death Eaters, it rings a bit hollow to me. I think he's telling some truths maybe some lies. I won't believe it until I see the role PM myself.

On the topic of the horocruxes, if they exist it is likely that some village roles and most likely the scum roles will contain additional information/methods for seeking them. So I imagine we will soon get more details on them.

As for the Harry Potter claim, I see it as doubtfully true. For the one shot medium use, were you to be provided the username, characters name, role or what to determine who to question? In a game where it seems we already get warning/alerts that some action was taken against us, this seems like it would be minimally useful. A poisoned cop will reveal his investigation results before dying etc, which strikes me as the most directly helpful use of medium ability. The wand role blocker is interesting and makes this a bit more believable to me since we've seen an action that was non wand based (Lupins potion) that was town sided and one that was scum/neutral (Sawneeks being poisoned) and wand based town and scum actions (Dumbledoor and DE kill). Altogether though I don't get you saying it makes sense that you would be OP since this role seems less useful than a cop or Blargs claim already.

Sawneeks claim seems reasonable given her low key first day didn't scream the need for a fake claim to buy time. A poisoner is also interesting as it strikes me as generally weaker than a standard SK or scum kill. It gives notice to the victim giving them time to get cured or at least spill all relevant information they may otherwise take to their grave.

If we are believing Blargs claim it seems that we get a ridiculous amount of information about scum night actions as village. Knowing you've been poisoned, knowing you've been investigated and compromised, etc. Already that knowledge is helping us fight back by letting Blarg know he had nothing to lose by claiming.

This adds to my belief that the horocruxes exist, but lean towards them being something we HAVE to deal with before winning, not as an alternative win condition. Otherwise this game just seems very village sided from what I've seen and I have more faith in the moderators than that. Mafia is ultimately a game of information and reads and it seems that most scum actions come at the price of providing more information than standard. While it's true 2 of the 3 village sided power roles we've seen have downsides (miller, and werewolf) I think there has to be a wrinkle like the horocruxes or scum power roles need to be very strong.

Miracle seems to maybe have been an over eager scum sub who messed up and was then told by teammates to back pedal on the "gee willikers any body want to claim as doctor or role blocker?" statement. I suppose it could have been an honest mistake but it doesn't sit right with me either.

Going to go ahead and place vote for the moment in case day end or something. I think we should lynch king kitty but I'm not gonna turbo so:

Vote: Miracle

Gorlak

Banned
Hey, how about everyone posts his top two scum/town with reasoning besides the topic of the day (blarg/kk)? How else do we want to generate information we can fall back to? I'm stunned by the lack of motivation for this...

Kawl_USC

In response to Gorlak:
Going off of memory here.

I think all posters with <20 posts over the two days are suspicious at this point. Matt Attack. TheGoddamn, Enker, BSP, TheAwesomePossum could all be hiding scum or at the very least questionably low activity.

For non activity related reads:
Town:
Gorlak. You've been very active and very aggressive from the word go. Besides hyperactivity you are the only person above 80 or so post that hasn't role claimed. Butted heads with Crab and some others early (myself included) but don't think scum would be pushing discussion and holding such strong positions.
Burbeting. Another very active poster driving discussion. I've explained my logic behind believing his claim and seeing it as a town sided action several times already.

Null reads:
Hyperactivity. For some one who has posted the most in the thread I am having a hard time conjuring up any type of read or feeling on you. Maybe that says more about me than you, but I was surprised to see you with easily the most posts in the thread.

Roy: seems to be cruising in the nice middle of super active and inactive. Also I can't really bring myself to trust someone who skipped out on Harry Potter completely prior to this game.

Scum: Miracle. For the above logic. Seems to be an easy out for a scum pick though.
LoC. Misread of Sawneeks pretty clear post is suspicious IMO.

Sorry, these picks are pretty light and based mainly off the last few pages of action. Promise to do a deeper dive and try to come back with deeper thoughts before end of D2.

You know what I find suspicious? The two (now three) votes on Miracle when kingkitty was busy digging his own grave. We've got scum on a platter and attention is briefly directed elsewhere for some offhand comments he made. He just seems a bit overeager and inexperienced, and I'm willing to give him a pass since it's his first day as a replacement player. Plus, Zipped expressed disappointment that he didn't get a "cool role", for what it's worth. I'm not saying he's not scum though.

But what's really bizarre is the other vote against Blarg. Harry Potter is the easiest role claim to make. It has the off-chance of luring out a rash counter-claim and gives players a reflexive moment of doubt: do they really want to be lynching the hero of the story?

Kalor

So since Gorlak's been asking for a readlist from people I may as well do one, I was thinking of doing one anyway. If I was to vote right now, it would be for Kingkitty but I don't want to bring us closer to a lynch right now.

Town

- Blargonaut - I believe their Dumbledore claim. Everything that they've said has seemed believeable although the fact that they knew the spells was weird but maybe that's a quirk of Dumbledore's role?
- Sawneeks - The likelyhood of a Death Eater claiming they were poisoned seems really low. I can't think of a logical reason why you would do that if you weren't Town.
- bananaspaceprincess - Nothing about them has struck me as anti-town so far, their posts have been thoughtful and she hasn't tried to blend in like some other people.

Suspicous

- Kingkitty - I don't believe their role claim. It just seems like too much. I also believe Blarg's horcrux idea so the fact that he didn't mention it is strange to me.
- Miracle - Asking for role claims seems suspicous but for now I'm willing to put it down to them being new.

Also, Zippedpinhead is still listed in the list of players in the OP.

Miracle

You know what I find suspicious? The two (now three) votes on Miracle when kingkitty was busy digging his own grave. We've got scum on a platter and attention is briefly directed elsewhere for some offhand comments he made. He just seems a bit overeager and inexperienced, and I'm willing to give him a pass since it's his first day as a replacement player. Plus, Zipped expressed disappointment that he didn't get a "cool role", for what it's worth. I'm not saying he's not scum though.

But what's really bizarre is the other vote against Blarg. Harry Potter is the easiest role claim to make. It has the off-chance of luring out a rash counter-claim and gives players a reflexive moment of doubt: do they really want to be lynching the hero of the story?

Meh, I'm not worried. The people that are actually town won't be stupid to actually vote to lynch their own townie. The only people who would want to vote me out are scum themselves. Especially this early in the game.

As for Blarg, my only fear is the off chance that Blarg is a lyncher and his target being KK. I mean if he were, then his plan here is working like a charm right now since no matter what KK says, we will have doubts if he's telling the truth more so than doubting Blarg.

Hoooooopefully that's not the case though.

Kalor

Meh, I'm not worried. The people that are actually town won't be stupid to actually vote to lynch their own townie. The only people who would want to vote me out are scum themselves. Especially this early in the game.

That sentence sticks out a lot to me. We don't know if you are a townie, we don't know if anyone is at this point besides the dead people. At this point I can understand why people might vote for you but doing that today seems premature.

Kawl_USC

That sentence sticks out a lot to me. We don't know if you are a townie, we don't know if anyone is at this point besides the dead people. At this point I can understand why people might vote for you but doing that today seems premature.

Was going to highlight the exact same thing.

And my vote today is much like my vote day 1, I've made it clear who I want lynched (king kitty) but I also don't want to be close to turbo while we still have discussion time available. I suppose I could have picked someone else out, but Miracle was my second pick for his behavior since subbing.

Miracle

I know what I am. I can say that with confidence. And I'm sure the towns people here a little smarter than most of the games I've played on Town of Salem. :p

Kawl_USC

As for Blarg, my only fear is the off chance that Blarg is a lyncher and his target being KK. I mean if he were, then his plan here is working like a charm right now since no matter what KK says, we will have doubts if he's telling the truth more so than doubting Blarg.

Hoooooopefully that's not the case though.

This is also not true. At the beginning of the game is when village roles are most likely to be lynched. The lack of information makes it probable but not lynching doesn't provide any new information. So lynching town sided people happens. Not to mention non scum can want people lynched for a variety of reasons: lack of activity, lack of meaningful contribution, unnecessary role claims. And since for the most part people can't know for certain other people's roles neutral actions can be perceived as scum. It's not nearly as clear cut as what you said above, this post definitely hasn't alleviated any of my suspicions on you.

Miracle

This is also not true. At the beginning of the game is when village roles are most likely to be lynched. The lack of information makes it probable but not lynching doesn't provide any new information. So lynching town sided people happens. Not to mention non scum can want people lynched for a variety of reasons: lack of activity, lack of meaningful contribution, unnecessary role claims. And since for the most part people can't know for certain other people's roles neutral actions can be perceived as scum. It's not nearly as clear cut as what you said above, this post definitely hasn't alleviated any of my suspicions on you.

You don't need to go over all that. I know how the game works. I said that sentence for a reason.

roytheone

Alright, here are some quick reads (disregarding Blarg and kitty, since i have already said a lot of things about them):

Top town:

Gorlak: very active with questioning people and asking for things like read lists. We now have two days where it is pretty clear who it is we are going to lynch. I think a scum would rather have the day just die out and hide behind an inactive thread then actively make conversation.

Sawneeks: I believe her being poisoned claim, since there was no reason for her to to a weird play like that if she was scum. Of course, the poisoner could be a neutral, but she has handled the situation very well urging a potential poison doctor to take care instead of just healing her and encouraging us to not give her a free pass because of the poison.

Kawl_USC: I admit it is more of a gut read, but I have a good feeling about him. He is very active as a new player and hasn't done anything suspicious yet, being helpful and actively pushing conversation along.

Top scum:

Miracle: Him asking for role claims was weird, but sure, that could have been a newbie mistake. But his response against us calling him out was even weirder. He started to talk about things that didn't really had any relation with his remark (like the Rats situation), and flat out lied about not asking for role claims. This combined with zipped his super weird early role claim on day 1 makes me very weary about him.

Arkos: We have quite a few inactive players I could put here (The goddamn, possum, matt attack) but I picked Arkos because I got the feeling he is kind of actively avoiding discussion instead of just not participating. He says he is going to come back later with a response, but then doesn't deliver and disappears. I get the feeling this is more of a scummy, hiding behind low post count kind of inactivity.

something that bothers me

I believe blarg, but to me, it seems the main reason for this is that he claimed first and kingkitty's weird claim

it's entirely possible that Blargonaut found a neutral instead of scum

I find this possibility unlikely, but I like writing all my thoughts out as I'm in the middle of thinking

Miracle

something that bothers me

I believe blarg, but to me, it seems the main reason for this is that he claimed first and kingkitty's weird claim

it's entirely possible that Blargonaut found a neutral instead of scum

I find this possibility unlikely, but I like writing all my thoughts out as I'm in the middle of thinking

Well if Blarg found a neutral, then that would make KK neutral. Yet he claims to be Harry Potter.

Is it really possible for Harry Potter to be a neutral?

nin1000

Banned
Suddenly a wild Daily Prohpet appeared !

HARRY POTTER IS LOSING IT AGAIN!

Recent pictures reveal a dark pass our chosen one is walking on. Sources tell that instead of him

preparing to fulfill his destiny he rather dives into a deep tunnel of happiness and joy.

giphy.gif

At first it seemed like it was rather a way to compensate the pressure that lasts on his back but the

most recent pictures of him bring up doubt that he is still sane enough to be our savior at the end of

the day.

giphy.gif

We might have to consider the possibility of completely losing him to this devilish potion.

giphy.gif

And he is not the only one.

giphy.gif

Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts School, the one known as the only wizard the one who

must not be named ever feared and professed lover of ear waxed flavored Bertie Botts Beans also

shows signs of taking the same path as his protégé Harry Potter. Maybe he was even the one who

introduced Harry to this way of fleeing the world of terror we are in.

But what does that mean for the rest of us? Is all hope lost? Should we follow the examples of the

people we are supposed to put our trust in and just enjoy the time we have left without needing to

think about the consequences? I guess we could always trust in miracles and hope that everything

will just work out fine but in the end only the future will show how far this will go...

Kawl_USC

You don't need to go over all that. I know how the game works. I said that sentence for a reason.

So just like your fake request for role claims this is a move that's just too heady for me, eh?

Alrighty then. Yea not buying it or liking your contributions honestly.

Miracle

So just like your fake request for role claims this is a move that's just too heady for me, eh?

Alrighty then. Yea not buying it or liking your contributions honestly.

Never made a request for such a thing, that's only how you interpreted. Also no need to be condescending. I'm here to have fun.

But believe what you want.

TheExodu5

Banned
Town:

Burbetting - I still see no reason to distrust his day 1 claim. Snape as Miller makes perfect sense and it would be too risky of a play for scum as the likelihood of there being s Snapr in the game is high.

Sawneeks - I don't see a scum claiming poison when it would only buy them 2 days of immunity. Not at this point.

Scum:

Miracle: I voted for zipped on day 1 because he nonchalantly said he didn't have a power. Seemed very scummy. Miracle's role claim bait is strike 2.

Lord of Castamere: calling for Sawneeks to role claim today? She can still do so tomorrow. Pretty scummy. Combine that the fact that Sawneeks had suspicions about LoC on day 1.

BRB going through yesterday's votes now

Well if Blarg found a neutral, then that would make KK neutral. Yet he claims to be Harry Potter.

Is it really possible for Harry Potter to be a neutral?

It means KK is a threat that we should lynch, but that shouldn't necessarily just clear Blarg either

Now here's the thing. According to our win condition, we win when all death eater aligned players have been eliminated. Forget EVERYTHING ELSE actually, I'm just putting pen to paper right now. This likely means that any neutral would be some sort of survivor type, and that we're missing a serial killer type neutral in this game

wat

Miracle

Have no idea what to make of this. Although I do so hope we trust in Miracles! I like that line. :D

BRB going through yesterday's votes now

It means KK is a threat that we should lynch, but that shouldn't necessarily just clear Blarg either

Now here's the thing. According to our win condition, we win when all death eater aligned players have been eliminated. Forget EVERYTHING ELSE actually, I'm just putting pen to paper right now. This likely means that any neutral would be some sort of survivor type, and that we're missing a serial killer type neutral in this game

But only one person died last night. If there are more than one killer, whether it's 2 Scums, 2 Neutrals, 1-1 Scum and Neutral, wouldn't that mean someone else should have also died last night, instead of just one person?

Top Bottom