• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia III |OT| An Amazing Alien Abduction Adventure

Gorlak

Banned
oh, and of course I post when somebody starts to talk again..

me and squidyj together? I can only deny this scenario, because I'm town.

Gorlak

Banned
Gorlak seems relatively unfazed by Squid's vote and Squid seems as equally interested in attempting to justify it.

Whenever I asked him anything about his views he simply brushed it off, ignoring most of it.

Everyone can see he came around last day phase first time with "could see him as abrasive scum" and now he votes me. What am I supposed to do? He's the one not talking with anybody and getting away with it. He repeatedly ignored my questions.

I don't know what else there is I can do?

I don't feel fucking confident! He may be the most likely in my eyes, that is not a surefire guarantee that he is scum. Tim asked for some time to reread, so I unvoted.

Okay.

So to rephrase to a wording you like better--you think Haly is the more likely scum despite Squid incredibly flippant and distance behavior?

Not sure what Tim's timetable for voting has to do with your vote, especially since we already have Squid's renegade vote on the table. Placing only to pull it immediately after seems a little weird.

CzarTim

Alright, finished up. Here's where I'm at:

Mel - I see a very passive scum play. Never sticks her neck out. Only follows. I am most confident about voting here today, and nothing I saw in my reread changed that. Also her crab prod vote in #137 is in direct response to karl voting her which reads to me like bussing to distance herself from a teammate.

Squid - Been trying to push squid the last couple of days in the hopes that he'd actually contribute more. That didn't happen. Right now I have no idea how to read this play. He has been unhelpful and aloof. The thing that makes me lean town the most is his push of kyan after the gambit. It was so bizarre that I can't see why scum would do it unless the team is haly/squid/crab as gor pointed out.

Gor - I agree with the cases that he has posted a lot without drawing a lot of conclusions. What sticks out the most for me is how yesterday he was not considering haly at all and mel was likely scum. Now haly is his top choice and melon is his third. I know he gave his reasons, but feels like scum needing to pivot to have a chance at winning.

Reason I asked if squid/gor was an option is my reasoning for dismissing the team yesterday (#955) was a bit flimsy so I wanted to hear counterpoints. I stilI find it unlikely. I feel like if there's a scum there I'm leaning gor, but I really think we should just punt that ball down to lylo. I'm not confident enough to make that choice today.

Haly - I reread the kyan gambit twice just now, and I really don't see scum!haly voting for crab after the reveal. I read his reaction as genuine. If I am wrong there, honestly gg you deserve the win.

My likelihood of teams:

mel/gor
mel/squid
haly/squid
mel/haly
haly/gor
squid/gor

I'm not really understanding the distinction you are making between me and Squid, Tim.

Also, I have a question for Gorlak but he left again.

If gorlak and squid were scum why would they not be pushing for melon? Or at least one of them be doing that.

Yes. If I was scum and they are scum they should push me because if I flip scum they look town. But scum knows I'm vanilla town and aren't pushing for my mislynch. And yet that mislynch wins them the game particularly. Hmmm.

But if we eliminate them as candidates that leaves yourself and Tim as my supposed partner along with Crab.

So do you think Tim is likely now?

I don't understand what you mean by this?

We are, for all intensive purposes, playing the game a similarly i.e. passive-- to use your word. I'm not sure I understand why one of us more scum or more town to you. Seems very strange that everyone is so hesitant on Squid.

Kyanrute

Yes. If I was scum and they are scum they should push me because if I flip scum they look town. But scum knows I'm vanilla town and aren't pushing for my mislynch. And yet that mislynch wins them the game particularly. Hmmm.

But if we eliminate them as candidates that leaves yourself and Tim as my supposed partner along with Crab.

hmm

ok my 1st impression is that if leaps of logic was a olympic sport you could have a good career there

actual thoughts in a bit

CzarTim

We are, for all intensive purposes, playing the game a similarly i.e. passive-- to use your word. I'm not sure I understand why one of us more scum or more town to you. Seems very strange that everyone is so hesitant on Squid.
I would not use the word passive to describe his play at all. He has pretty much aggressively gone against the grain all game. What makes you think passive?

I am absolutely not happy with his play though. It's pretty much everything I hate about gafia. I just don't have anything else to add to it. It's frustrating, but I still feel stronger about you.

I would not use the word passive to describe his play at all. He has pretty much aggressively gone against the grain all game. What makes you think passive?

I am absolutely not happy with his play though. It's pretty much everything I hate about gafia. I just don't have anything else to add to it. It's frustrating, but I still feel stronger about you.

So he's null to you?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does anyone think gor & squid is a likely final two?
It's possible, I'm not ruling it out. But squidyjust hasn't contributed enough to give me anything concrete and we're running out of time.

Kyanrute

The comment was strictly about a squid+gorlak team. If that was the team, I'd expect at least one of them to be pushing for you, given the climate of the discussion right now. Yet neither of them is doing this, what to me makes the squid+gorlak team unlikely because scum win with a one mislynch.

The leaps of logic was about how I am not really sure where you are getting with this. Do you mean to imply that since you (from your POV) are town, it would be beneficial for scum to be pushing for your lynch? If so, the rest of the post makes sense as a bit of a roundabout way of saying "those pushing for me are scum".

Haly

He voted for crab twice and you didn't, is the major distinction.

Generally scum doesn't play like this, at least, I've never seen it. Busses always come late to salvage a bad situation, they are rarely consistent.

Haly

I think I'm locked on melon again. Gorlak was frustrating to play with but it's very possible this is just his town play. I only played with him once and don't remember much of it.

The comment was strictly about a squid+gorlak team. If that was the team, I'd expect at least one of them to be pushing for you, given the climate of the discussion right now. Yet neither of them is doing this, what to me makes the squid+gorlak team unlikely because scum win with a one mislynch.

The leaps of logic was about how I am not really sure where you are getting with this. Do you mean to imply that since you (from your POV) are town, it would be beneficial for scum to be pushing for your lynch? If so, the rest of the post makes sense as a bit of a roundabout way of saying "those pushing for me are scum".

I'm asking

1. if the scum team of squid and gor aren't logical to you (or at least acting so) than who do you think team scum is? Because that only Haly or Tim as my supposed partner.

2. And do you think Tim is likely?

Those were my questions.

He voted for crab twice and you didn't, is the major distinction.

Generally scum doesn't play like this, at least, I've never seen it. Busses always come late to salvage a bad situation, they are rarely consistent.

Okay. Well next time Turbo at a more convenient time for everyone.

And I strongly disagree with that.

Kyanrute

I'm asking

1. if the scum team of squid and gor aren't logical to you (or at least acting so) than who do you think team scum is? Because that only Haly or Tim as my supposed partner.

2. And do you think Tim is likely?

Those were my questions.

I'm only ruling out the squid/gorlak team. Still possible for one of them to be scum though and that is what I am leaning towards right now. You+Gorlak.

No, I don't think Tim is scum.

Kyanrute

My opinion about busses is that they come late. The exception to this is when scum feel that the case against them is strong enough from the start. In this case, they might abandon the ship without even trying to defend their mate.

DAY 4 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Gorlak (1)
squidyj 1176

melonrabbit (1)
Haly 1245

Haly (0): Gorlak 1200 1203

CzarTim (0): squidyj 1172 1176

No active vote for Day 4: CzarTim, Gorlak (has previously voted), Kyanrute, melonrabbit

Day 4 Postcount: CzarTim 37, Gorlak 32, Haly 23, Kyanrute 19, melonrabbit 32, squidyj 13

Day 4 ends:
gra_1487282400.png

Automated vote tally here

4 votes for majority

Top Bottom