• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

CCS

Banned
So, the point.

Reactions to my roleclaim:

WAMD - Completely ignored it. For someone who had me as their strongest scum, seems weird not to comment at all. Reinforces my scum read.

Swamped - Fairly calm response, if somewhat surprised. Doesn't really push my read of her either way. Slightly strange to focus on the politeness angle but that would be very weird scum play. Still slight scum, but moving towards null.

Fran - Pretty energetic response. Certainly not out of character, could be scum trying to show conviction against anti-town behaviour but don't really see that personally. Seems fairly towny but not massively so.

nin - Ignored it. I must confess I never have any idea how to read nin so I don't know how to interpret that :p

Bronx - Acknowledges but doesn't dwell on. I was reading him as town, and this doesn't seem particularly out of character for him so far.

Faddy - Points out the claim is anti-town, nothing more. Honestly torn between him being town who's been tunneling on me incorrectly and scum. Leaning town, partially based off his reaction. I feel scum would push more on the claim being anti-town.

Crab - Frustrated with me, would expect that either way so I don't know if it means anything. Still scum, but only slight read, also moving back towards null.

Gorlak - Ignored it. Just joined the game so not sure means anything either way.

Kyan - His question suggests he either didn't read my post properly or it was vaguer than I thought. I'm starting to feel a bit uneasy about him. I can't honestly place why though.

LP - Comments that I buckled under pressure. Doesn't change my null read much.

And yes I am Barrylocke. Obviously not going to confirm or deny if I actually am vanilla town.

VOTE: WhereAreMahDragonz

nin1000

Banned
And yes I am Barrylocke. Obviously not going to confirm or deny if I actually am vanilla town.

I'm barry, and I'm vanilla town.

raw

Kyanrute

Kyan - His question suggests he either didn't read my post properly or it was vaguer than I thought. I'm starting to feel a bit uneasy about him. I can't honestly place why though.

2nd. Why were you willing to forgo an anti-town action earlier (your personal meta 1st day claim thing) if you are willing to do an anti-town thing like this (a claim under little pressure)? Do you feel this is consistent at all?

So, the point.

WAMD - Completely ignored it. For someone who had me as their strongest scum, seems weird not to comment at all. Reinforces my scum read.

Swamped - Fairly calm response, if somewhat surprised. Doesn't really push my read of her either way. Slightly strange to focus on the politeness angle but that would be very weird scum play. Still slight scum, but moving towards null.

Fran - Pretty energetic response. Certainly not out of character, could be scum trying to show conviction against anti-town behaviour but don't really see that personally. Seems fairly towny but not massively so.

nin - Ignored it. I must confess I never have any idea how to read nin so I don't know how to interpret that :p

Bronx - Acknowledges but doesn't dwell on. I was reading him as town, and this doesn't seem particularly out of character for him so far.

Faddy - Points out the claim is anti-town, nothing more. Honestly torn between him being town who's been tunneling on me incorrectly and scum. Leaning town, partially based off his reaction. I feel scum would push more on the claim being anti-town.

Crab - Frustrated with me, would expect that either way so I don't know if it means anything. Still scum, but only slight read, also moving back towards null.

Gorlak - Ignored it. Just joined the game so not sure means anything either way.

LP - Comments that I buckled under pressure. Doesn't change my null read much.

Bruh, I'm working. Chill.

Vanilla town is so easy to claim and I don't believe you in the slightest. There, I reacted.

Anyone else feel like Kawl, Burb, and Splinter are a bit under the radar? They're posting to varying degrees but haven't stood out like they usually do.
One of these thing is not like the other. One of these things just doesnt belong.

But seriously Putting burb in the same group group as kawl and especially splinter is ridiculous.

Burb however is absolutely under the radar. I have the idea that it may be him realizing he really overeeached on jumping on kalor at yhe days start and has since just tried to stay out of the spotlight and hope everyone forgets.

CCS

Banned
2nd. Why were you willing to forgo an anti-town action earlier (your personal meta 1st day claim thing) if you are willing to do an anti-town thing like this (a claim under little pressure)? Do you feel this is consistent at all?

You're assuming it's a true claim :)

Kyanrute

I feel this version of nin.exe is more clowny than he has been in our last few encounters. Not sure at all what that suggests though.

CCS

Banned
Bruh, I'm working. Chill.

Vanilla town is so easy to claim and I don't believe you in the slightest. There, I reacted.

The point of the list was to include everyone who posted after I claimed i.e. everyone who presumably had seen it. I think choosing not to react is still a tell.

Not going to dismiss the fact that some are going under the radar but gotta remember The Switch AND Zelda just launched as well as Horizon last week and Nier and Ghost Recon today:p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The point of the list was to include everyone who posted after I claimed i.e. everyone who presumably had seen it. I think choosing not to react is still a tell.

I'm so proud. *sniff*

why did you not mention me LP ? I mean i am the most under the radar player there is

You're not doing anything out of the ordinary (yet).

One of these thing is not like the other. One of these things just doesnt belong.

But seriously Putting burb in the same group group as kawl and especially splinter is ridiculous.

Burb however is absolutely under the radar. I have the idea that it may be him realizing he really overeeached on jumping on kalor at yhe days start and has since just tried to stay out of the spotlight and hope everyone forgets.

Was just grouping them by impact. Usually Splinter and Kawl take bigger town leader roles but in a game with Crab and Sorian it's not surprising to see them step back a bit.

There does seem to be a lot of dancing around Burb; he'll get mentioned in passing but nothing is sticking.

Vote: Burbeting

Verelios

In other news, Pope is still a Catholic.

Also, I feel like anyone who says I have said nothing is either being deliberately misleading or not actually reading what I write.

Yes it's 50% shitposts, but the other 50% are actual content.

Also, you know what, I'm off the Crab train. I buy Swamped as scum more than him right now. Sticking by my WAMD and Stan reads though.

Vote: Swamped

None of those are me town reading Swamped? The last two are just me saying I didn't read those exchanges as w/w, doesn't mean I don't think there's a scum there.

Also, before I changed my vote I remember someone making a good case against Swamped. Don't remember who, don't have time to go back and check now.

Oh wait, I did just have a look back and I think I collated Swamped and Vere in my head. For fucks sake.

Let's try that again:

VOTE: Verelios

So, the point.

Mate, you seem to go wherever the wind blows hardest and wherever you can push activity the most. And before you ask, yes, I am saying you like to bandwagon. Is that a bad thing? Probably so, at least so far as you appearing to have not much interest in your own opinion.

Because Swamped was a point of contention today alongside Crab, you decided to vote her off. When you realized there wasn't a compelling argument against her, you looked around and noticed a push against me and salivated at the chance to chomp the bit. Afterwards, perhaps not going as you thought it would, you settled for a safe choice in WAMD who you can reasonably say you scumread as a coaster.

Looking back on your actions, you have no solid leads, no arguments to back you up besides the present climate and a whimsical vote count that can be called 'shit posts 50% of the time and content 50% of the time'.

Now I'm calling you out, put down some dosh.

CCS

Banned
Mate, you seem to go wherever the wind blows hardest and wherever you can push activity the most. And before you ask, yes, I am saying you like to bandwagon. Is that a bad thing? Probably so, at least so far as you appearing to have not much interest in your own opinion.

Because Swamped was a point of contention today alongside Crab, you decided to vote her off. When you realized there wasn't a compelling argument against her, you looked around and noticed a push against me and salivated at the chance to chomp the bit. Afterwards, perhaps not going as you thought it would, you settled for a safe choice in WAMD who you can reasonably say you scumread as a coaster.

Looking back on your actions, you have no solid leads, no arguments to back you up besides the present climate and a whimsical vote count that can be called 'shit posts 50% of the time and content 50% of the time'.

Now I'm calling you out, put down some dosh.

First, up I scumread you yesterday.

Secondly, the reason I switched was I thought I remembered a good post criticising Swamped but it was actually criticising you and I got the names wrong in my head.

Thirdly, WAMD is pretty scummy.

Fourth, I play Mafia to have fun, not to survive. I'm having fun :p

Verelios

First, up I scumread you yesterday.

Secondly, the reason I switched was I thought I remembered a good post criticising Swamped but it was actually criticising you and I got the names wrong in my head.

Thirdly, WAMD is pretty scummy.

Fourth, I play Mafia to have fun, not to survive. I'm having fun :p
B, I can bullet point down a list too, what I want are tangible reasons why. Put down the post and explain your reasoning.

Sorian

Banned
Caught up, Bronx's "Crab is lock scum" post was bad and I had it quoted but Crab already made him talk about it and the explanation was lacking, no surprise there.

CCS was doing some weird gotcha moment with a fake role claim that may or may not have been fake (I think you buckled under slight pressure and did roleclaim truthfully).

At this point, aside from thinking maybe it is Crab, nothing else has really changed from day 1. I still think Swamped/Crab, Acohrs, and Verelios could be scum. Bronx is probably scum as well but I'm still not lynching in that claim today with other targets. Faddy's posts have been all sketchy today so that's new since I had him town leaning yesterday. I'll also echo sentiment on Burb, either he doesn't care about the game or is playing lax as scum.

CCS

Banned
What do you want my reasons for?

WAMD doesn't engage or post anything of substance except calling me and acohrs scum, which is the lowest of low hanging fruit.

I felt Swamped and Crab were scummy on D1, based off a fairly low number of posts. With their additional posts today, I'm less convinced of my scum reads.

You were pretty low content on D1 yourself.

Kalor

I don't have a vote down so I'll go for the first person that sticks out when I look over the thread.

Vote: Burbeting

His posts have consisted of a lot of questions so far and the posts where he does give his own opinion tend to lean on the safe side. He's brought up previous games a few times as wellwhich always feels like an easy way to support an argument rather than use content from the game itself. There's also whatever he did at the start of the day which was just odd. Like he saw an opportunity to jump on me and took it without thinking.

Verelios

What do you want my reasons for?

WAMD doesn't engage or post anything of substance except calling me and acohrs scum, which is the lowest of low hanging fruit.

I felt Swamped and Crab were scummy on D1, based off a fairly low number of posts. With their additional posts today, I'm less convinced of my scum reads.

You were pretty low content on D1 yourself.
To understand your reasoning? Have something to reflect on later?

CCS

Banned
I'm trying to understand what posts formed your opinion. That's what I would call a reasonable source.

With WAMD, it's not so much what's been said as what hasn't. Their posts looking for scum focus almost entirely on Bronx, or me and acohrs. I'm not saying we should be immune from discussion or anything, but we're probably the three easiest lynches in the game. It's either a coincidence, town following the easy lynches because they don't want to think, or scum hiding behind safe lynch targets.

franconp

I'm here now. I'm going to put some thoughts down:

- I'm still scum reading Faddy. Everytime that I read words like "Natiko put our votes on", "That is 4 votes now. Let's have your vote CCS and fix your mistake", "It seems clear he was in agreement since he switched to squidy right after me", "I don't really care if Crab dies but since you and Sorian care so much I will vote squiddy if enough votes move" "or As I said before if you want crab to live pick anyone from this list and we can talk about it" (and those are all literal, just lazy to quote) it really raises all my red flags.

- I'm not feeling good about Acohrs. He seems a lot more aggressive than usual.

- I don't mind lynching CCS. His roleclaim was stupid, his justification garbage and the reads he got from it were lazy.

- Burb disappearance and low content of his post also raises red flags.

- I still don't undertand where all this Crab vs Swamped came from. Both initial reads where really weak. To me it seems a town vs town situation.

- Bronx roleclaim was stupid. Way more stupid than CCS's. I don't believe it. Unblockable poison medic. Seems really OP. But still want to give him an extra day.

Verelios

With WAMD, it's not so much what's been said as what hasn't. Their posts looking for scum focus almost entirely on Bronx, or me and acohrs. I'm not saying we should be immune from discussion or anything, but we're probably the three easiest lynches in the game. It's either a coincidence, town following the easy lynches because they don't want to think, or scum hiding behind safe lynch targets.
I haven't seen a push for you or Acohrs before your roleclaim? As far as I remember, people have just scumread one of you.

Faddy

Banned
I'm here now. I'm going to put some thoughts down:

- I'm still scum reading Faddy. Everytime that I read words like "Natiko put our votes on", "That is 4 votes now. Let's have your vote CCS and fix your mistake", "It seems clear he was in agreement since he switched to squidy right after me", "I don't really care if Crab dies but since you and Sorian care so much I will vote squiddy if enough votes move" "or As I said before if you want crab to live pick anyone from this list and we can talk about it" (and those are all literal, just lazy to quote) it really raises all my red flags.

- I'm not feeling good about Acohrs. He seems a lot more aggressive than usual.

- I don't mind lynching CCS. His roleclaim was stupid, his justification garbage and the reads he got from it were lazy.

- Burb disappearance and low content of his post also raises red flags.

- I still don't undertand where all this Crab vs Swamped came from. Both initial reads where really weak. To me it seems a town vs town situation.

- Bronx roleclaim was stupid. Way more stupid than CCS's. I don't believe it. Unblockable poison medic. Seems really OP. But still want to give him an extra day.

fran my strategy is about building alliances with people who I read to be town or at least very active in the thread.

Could I have tricked Natiko? Yes I could but the result of my actions weren't just moving the lynch onto squidy but also and more blatantly saving Crab.

As you have noted on day 1 I was most concerned with lynching an inactive. Soliciting votes and following players I trust allowed that to happen. I'm surprised I haven't got more backlash for the squidy lynch tbh. CCS did try but when I suggested that if I was responsible for squidy it would almost certainly mean I was scum with Crab he didn't press it further.

Gorlak

Banned
I'm still catching up, skimmed a bit.

Please can we lynch Bronx? Please? Just read his posts, they're so obviously and clearly lies!

Bronx' actions don't make much sense, but do you actually scum read him for this? Why would he, as scum, claim and put himself in the spotlight like this?

Yes, someone put out the theory about him and Stan gambitting, but that's a huge assumption to make. I don't feel like Bronx would be the type to go this route.

There was some suspicion surrounding Bronx for being defensive, but from the votes it looks like it cooled down completely at day end. Given he himself said he felt to be on borrowed time, that wasn't the case at the time of his claim.

Also please Blarg, stop jeopardizing the vote tool or making the thread unreadable, ffs. It's a pain in the ass to get a clear view of the votes.

As LP or Kalor pointed out Burbeting feels off. His early posts feel non-committed and the vote on Kalor was strange. Yes, I saw his explanation, doesn't make it less odd.

I'm a bit surprised to see an actual answer with a summary by Kyan. I could lament the lack of his view within it, but maybe he provided it among the depths of this thread already?

unvote

I'll have to withhold a vote for now since I haven't read day 1 end yet. Can't comment on crab or swamped yet. Haven't seen CCS claim or explanation either. Sleep&work, only available a few hours before day end, sorry, maybe I can sneak in a few posts during work.

franconp

fran my strategy is about building alliances with people who I read to be town or at least very active in the thread.

Could I have tricked Natiko? Yes I could but the result of my actions weren't just moving the lynch onto squidy but also and more blatantly saving Crab.

As you have noted on day 1 I was most concerned with lynching an inactive. Soliciting votes and following players I trust allowed that to happen. I'm surprised I haven't got more backlash for the squidy lynch tbh. CCS did try but when I suggested that if I was responsible for squidy it would almost certainly mean I was scum with Crab he didn't press it further.

I don't like the idea of building alliances. To me it seems as you are using it as an excuse to not take the blame for your votes. "Natiko put our votes"!!! That's you making Natiko take the blame for your vote. I'm sure you are not town.

Faddy

Banned
I don't like the idea of building alliances. To me it seems as you are using it as an excuse to not take the blame for your votes. "Natiko put our votes"!!! That's you making Natiko take the blame for your vote. I'm sure you are not town.

I think it is a good strategy and it is undeniable Natiko waited for my vote to move to squidyj before he moved his own.

I am staking a lot on this Crab lynch. If he flips town my whole read on the game falls apart. I will be a top target for the lynch because I pressed to lynch 2 town players. I would be in a huge hole I'm not sure I could regain people's trust.

So I reject your claim that I am not taking responsibility for my votes.

franconp

I think it is a good strategy and it is undeniable Natiko waited for my vote to move to squidyj before he moved his own.

I am staking a lot on this Crab lynch. If he flips town my whole read on the game falls apart. I will be a top target for the lynch because I pressed to lynch 2 town players. I would be in a huge hole I'm not sure I could regain people's trust.

So I reject your claim that I am not taking responsibility for my votes.

If you wanted to lynch Crab so much why did you said:

"As I said before if you want crab to live pick anyone from this list and we can talk about it"

or

"I don't really care if Crab dies but since you and Sorian care so much I will vote squiddy if enough votes move"

And your vote this phase is really weak. Since the day started until you made your vote you only talked about CCS. Even your vote is to push CCS to vote Crab.

Faddy

Banned
If you wanted to lynch Crab so much why did you said:

"As I said before if you want crab to live pick anyone from this list and we can talk about it"

or

"I don't really care if Crab dies but since you and Sorian care so much I will vote squiddy if enough votes move"

And your vote this phase is really weak. Since the day started until you made your vote you only talked about CCS. Even your vote is to push CCS to vote Crab.

I gave a list to Sorian of players I felt were inactive and a drag on town because he didn't want to lynch Crab. Natiko and Splinter were also against lynching Crab. So to create an alliance of suitable* players I offered Sorian the chance to work together against an alternative target. He declined.

But still I would rather be on the same page as Natiko and Splinter and that is how me and Natiko ended up moving almost simultaneously to squidyj.

My vote this phase was to lock CCS in and then watch as he gradually rolls away from his Crab scum read. Every time CCS mentions him since I forced his vote reads Crab as a little more town every time. In my mind it is confirming my CCS/Crab scum reads.

* suitable means I read them as town or they were very active in the thread.

Sorian

Banned
You're both setting me off. Fran because you are quoting things without actually quoting them (less so since I remember off hand one of those are true quotes) and Faddy because you're still defending that crap of trying to force people into the list you wanted to lynch. It wasn't asking me "hey what do you think of these people here" it was "choose one of these or we are lynching Crab" Which is still dumb in retrospect since you don't have much say in the matter unless you have a team to back you up with votes.

franconp

You're both setting me off. Fran because you are quoting things without actually quoting them (less so since I remember off hand one of those are true quotes) and Faddy because you're still defending that crap of trying to force people into the list you wanted to lynch. It wasn't asking me "hey what do you think of these people here" it was "choose one of these or we are lynching Crab" Which is still dumb in retrospect since you don't have much say in the matter unless you have a team to back you up with votes.

They are all real quotes. I have 2 reasons why I did it that way:

1-. To force people to reread Faddy. That are only a few of all the things that are bugging me about him.

2- I just arrived home, was tired and didn't feel like taking too much time putting together the post.

If you want the quotes look posts 1650, 1519, 1515, 1266 and 1179. But if you can reread Faddy. There are a lot more like this.

Faddy

Banned

I wasn't trying to force you to do anything beyond offering my help to lynch someone we could agree on, and as much as I only have one vote you also only have a single vote. So if you want to lynch someone you need to convince other players to your cause. How successful were you at bringing votes to your Bronx lynch? You had two players that had barely participated bolstering it.

I didn't take your re-buff too hard though and I specifically unvoted from Crab to close up the votes because I recognised your post about the large gap leading to inactivity to be true and wanted to help the situation.

I get the fact that I seem to easily follow players and it has made you and *splinter uneasy but what is the point of making town reads if I don't use my reads to help shape the game towards the outcomes my town reads want. You, *splinter and Nat didn't want Crab to die on Day 1, I saved him.

Kawl_USC

Remind me to never promise to shirk work for mafia again. What a crap day. And now straight to a show with a friend. I will try to make time tonight before I go to bed and sincerely apologize for the lack of content thus far in the day phase

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Crab (3)
Bronx-Man 1452
Swamped 1454
nin1000 1467 1597
Faddy 1519
CCS 1520 1796

Swamped (2)
Sorian 1431
Lone_Prodigy 1624 1867
Kawl_USC 1744
Blargonaut 1746 1802
CCS 1796 1799

Burbeting (2)
Lone_Prodigy 1867
Kalor 1876

WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
CCS 1851

Lone_Prodigy (1)
acohrs 1482

StanleyPalmtree (1)
TheWorthyEdge 1703

CCS (1)
WhereAreMahDragonz 1811

Faddy (1)
Crab 1718

Kyanrute (0): Gorlak 1832 1885

Kalor (0): Burbeting 1384 1399

Verelios (0): CCS 1799 1851

Bronx-Man (0): Sorian 1372 1431, Crab 1490 1675, WhereAreMahDragonz 1536 1811

No active vote for Day 2: *Splinter, Blargonaut (has previously voted), Burbeting (has previously voted), flatearthpandas, franconp, Gorlak (has previously voted), Kyanrute, nin1000 (has previously voted), StanleyPalmtree, Verelios

Day 2 ends:
red_1489010400.png

Automated vote tally here

12 votes for majority

Hey, finished reading the thread. That was something. At work so I have to be brief. Plans after work so I'll probably pop on later, possibly inebriated.

I get some of the suspicion for crab but I'm leaning town. His opus a while back I just skimmed through though. I'll return to it once I've put together my vote spread sheet. If i had to decide between crab and swamped, i would probably vote crab at this point. Swamped hasn't really pinged my radar and i was surprised to see her pick up aggro.

On that note, while I scum read faddy through day 1 I'm liking him more today. I got the feeling from his d1 vote breakdown that we may look at these games similarly. Again will review my feelings there after I can set up my sheet and analyze the votes more closely.

Bronx. Jesus Christ, dude. I don't believe that for a second. Someone pointed out that you went through fire without so much as a name claim yesterday and suddenly you're too pressured in the beginning of the day that you need to claim unlockable poison doctor? Convenient and unlikely. Perfectly okay with this lynch today.

Acorns is rubbing me the wrong way in d2 as well. Didn't think much of him d1 one way or the other but there was a serious of posts a few pages back that I really didn't like. I'll dig them up and review them later. My second vote candidate. Actually, fuck it. You can be number one drive i don't think additional votes in Bronx are necessary now.

vote: acohrs

Will still review and may change but it really rubbed me wrong and I tend to trust these feelings.

Only played with Fran once but he seems the same. Overzealous a bit maybe. Struck me a bit scummy back in Persona but i got over it and he ended up flipping town. Put him null for me today.

Nin seems weird. Not sure what it is exactly.

So not a lot of concrete stuff, I know. I have some more time to reread things at work but i can't log in so can't actually post very often. I'll try and get some meat tonight and will really try to be awake for day end but it's about 6am for me so it depends when I fall asleep.

Top Bottom