• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Burbeting

Banned
Blarg, the problem is that, at the beginning of the game most players though this game was pure role madness (aka. no vanillas, or maybe 1 or 2 at most). Scum Palmer would have had information about the amount of vanillas. Yet he claimed vanilla in hopes of this game having heaps and bounds of vanillas after all?

Verelios

Alright, teasing time for tentative's over. I'm putting my foot down on this sham of a two-way. Not even a GIF. That's how disappointed I am. You players should be ashamed of yourselves.

We have acohrs on one side's majority, a little nothing of a player who's even ignorant of barely being here (I love your shitposting though. We're cool), and you fools laughably hold him comparably enough to Swamped, a far more capable player than acohrs, who's been tainted by Palmer's baseless narrative since he first opened his Role-claiming hole. I know who I'm siding with, and it's Swamped. Scandalous, yeah, Blarg crossing a side line.

But look at this. Look at the fuckin' CONTEXTS:

• BlackBuzzard and Swamped Role-claimed within similar contexts to each other; they were BOTH under vote duress, and in danger of imminent elimination.
  • Palmer_v1 was the first to claim Ordinary.
  • Palmer_v1 was the first in the game to claim.
  • Palmer_v1 was not in any danger when he claimed.
  • Swamped voted WAMD to allegedly save Palmer, who she Town-reads.
  • Palmer doesn't care for her and her reasoning, and wants her gone.
  • WAMD claimed Ordinary during D1, and was under vote duress and in danger of imminent elimination.
  • WAMD was assassinated D2 and we know now that she's a real Ordinary as she claimed.
Where the hell is your collective imagination? Can you not see what he's done? What he's doing? Why the hell do you think Palmer claimed Ordinary FIRST, at the beginning of the game, for no fuckin' reason of pressure? No reason?

It's pre-fucking-cisely to pull off this kind of BS: He's set himself up as the untouchable "Ordinary" foundation of this Role Madness, from which to taint every single Ordinary claim that comes after his, legit or not. All for his own benefit. He's planted himself at the bottom of the well and every bucket that comes up, he's shat in for his own personal credit boost. And you drink that.

Have you even watched Disney's Moana? You know that fucking scene where the giant crab opens his mouth below the water-well and just waits for fish to fall into it? That's fucking Palmer in this game. That's who you're supporting with this current two-way. He's casting shade on every single most-likely-legitimate Ordinary claim that comes after his. EVERY single Ordinary claim has been made within the proper contexts that dictated they be made: when under vote duress. Except. Palmer's.

What was the context of his claim? Oh, excuse me, it was fucking nothing. He plucked his Town cred out of thin air. Don't be gullible, fools.

What do you honestly think he's doing? Here?

My meta dictates I hell you all up by maintaining a tie for as long as possible, but I'd like to vote for the damn 3rd-party this time around. Kill acohrs, or kill Palmer. But I know who I want to flip Today, and it's Palmer. Who did Swamped save with her vote-swap? Palmer. Who doesn't give a shit about what she did for him? Palmer. Swamped, the only real ally-by-action who actually visibly did something for his sake, he wants flipped and forgotten? Fuckin'. Why. omg

Force this ungrateful individual to Role-claim, force him out. I want force. He is poisoning TWO made-in-legitimate circumstance Role-claims, BB's and Swamped's, with his baseless influence. That number would be 3 if WAMD was still here. Palmer says the odds are against so many Ordinaries being revealed in such a short amount of Role Madness game time; but who's TAKING UP ONE OF THOSE SLOTS WITH NO CONTEXTUAL BASIS AND REASON??????????????????????????? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Darryl, I can't do this alone, help me teach Palmer how to fuck:

VOTE: Palmer_v1
Shiiiiiit, what, Blarg making sense for once!? I'm 75% sure Palmer is neutral and a little more than half sure he's scum. You have my sword if need be.

Sophia

Players, please take note of the following:

Attention please.

We have recieved an unusually high number of drop out/replacement requests for this game. Let me very publicly say, we are out of replacements. We've been out of replacements. We've been digging for replacements.
Please, please, please think very hard before you contact Sophia and ask to be replaced. It's not that simple, even when we do have replacements. Having been a replacement myself, I can tell you that the person who steps in for you has a hard job, jumping in and going over pages and pages of posts in order to begin playing.
Honestly, we are nearing the point where modkills are going to be easier than replacements, and that's going to suck for whichever team is affected.
Please think very carefully before you PM Sophia. If you have an emergency and can no longer play, of course we will do our best to help. If you are making the decision out of frustration, I encourage you to step away from the game, get a drink, and come back in a couple of hours. If you still can't take it, come talk to me or Sophia.

Thank you for your time. Carry on.

Day 2 votes:

blackbuzzard (0)
dr. worm 640 (1477)
skyodin 708 (791)
lifeline 1318 (1673)

swamped (5)
launchpadmcq 650 (1670)
lifeline 657 (748)
isaacnukem 851 (855)
isaacnukem 855
lifeline 911 (1134)
darryl 1143
lifeline 1144 (1318)
blargonaut 1583 (1700)
acohrs 1600
dr. worm 1637
palmer_v1 1667 (1875)
launchpadmcq 1824

dr. worm (0)
palmer_v1 659 (778)

burbeting (0)
darryl 697 (1143)

wherearemahdragonz (0)
lifeline 748 (911)

blargonaut (0)
palmer_v1 778 (1015)
30yearsofhurt 1198 (1525)
blargonaut 1204 (1218)

palmer_v1 (1)
blargonaut 849 (1019)
launchpadmcq 1670 (1679)
blargonaut 1892

isaacnukem (0)
hey_monkey 858 (910)
palmer_v1 1494 (1531)

oreomunsta (0)
blackbuzzard 872 (1071)

iaaacnukem (1)
wherearemahdragonz 885

acohrs (4)
hey_monkey 910 (1886)
skyodin 1056
natiko 1225
blargonaut 1226 (1245)
swamped 1264 (1651)
stanleypalmtree 1598
blargonaut 1700 (1749)
lifeline 1706

natiko (0)
acohrs 960 (1600)
blargonaut 1245 (1583)

stanleypalmtree (0)
palmer_v1 1018 (1494)
burbeting 1130 (1849)
lifeline 1134 (1144)

dr.worm (1)
blackbuzzard 1071

30yearsofhate (0)
palmer_v1 1531 (1558)

30yearsofhurt (3)
palmer_v1 1558 (1667)
burbeting 1849
palmer_v1 1875
hey_monkey 1886

launchpadmcq (1)
swamped 1668
lifeline 1673 (1706)

An up to date vote count can be found here

Majority is currently 10

Day 2 ends in

cya_1495659600.png

Palmer_v1

Blarg, the problem is that, at the beginning of the game most players though this game was pure role madness (aka. no vanillas, or maybe 1 or 2 at most). Scum Palmer would have had information about the amount of vanillas. Yet he claimed vanilla in hopes of this game having heaps and bounds of vanillas after all?

This only digs MY hole deeper, but I don't feel like scum would neccesarily have any info about the number of vanillas.

They'd maybe have a more educated guess since they can see their own 4-5 roles, and gauge town power based on that.

Isnt it just easier to claim vanilla tho i mean you don't have an ability you can easily copy a lot of the sample pm to fit your fake role claim.

Verelios

Wait...why would scum Palmer have information about the amount of vanillas?

Verelios

Hey buddy, did you miss the part where I'm voting 30 and doing everything I can to lynch him?

Either way, if I flip, I still think Blarg is town, and should not be pursued like Launch, Verelios, and Monkey(in roughly that order). This is the kind of post I'd prefer to see from people when making accusations.
If you made that kind of effort instead of generalizing I'd have nothing to say, so it's disingenuous to want what you don't do yourself.

Burbeting

Banned
Wait...why would scum Palmer have information about the amount of vanillas?

He wouldn't have information about the amount of vanillas. Which means Blarg's theory (Palmer claimed vanilla early so he can eat up all of the vanilla claims that come after him) is somewhat suspicious, since the game was advertised as role madness (which usually has implied in gaf no vanillas).

Isnt it just easier to claim vanilla tho i mean you don't have an ability you can easily copy a lot of the sample pm to fit your fake role claim.

Claiming anything at the start of d1 is still garnering attention to yourself for no reason.

Darryl

Banned
I'm afraid of the Swamped votes getting split by people like Blarg dangling a Palmer lynch in front of our eyes, since me and mcquackedup are both are voting Swamped but have voiced concerns over Palmer.

Verelios

I'm afraid of the Swamped votes getting split by people like Blarg dangling a Palmer lynch in front of our eyes, since me and mcquackedup are both are voting Swamped but have voiced concerns over Palmer.
Could be, but I'm still more wary of Palmer especially since he's trying to lead conversation but after day 1, his 'claim' hasn't come under any fire.

Vote: Palmer

Go ahead and disprove me

Hey buddy, did you miss the part where I'm voting 30 and doing everything I can to lynch him?

Either way, if I flip, I still think Blarg is town, and should not be pursued like Launch, Verelios, and Monkey(in roughly that order). This is the kind of post I'd prefer to see from people when making accusations.

yes you utter masochist you love it when I vote against you like that don't you

UQSOlG8.gif

TY for weaving us a ward against the encroaching hordes of evil with the power of your love, I've copied it into my spellbook and whispered F to pay respect your Hadal fee

I really hate how town makes read lists with no information but gut feelings and then later fills it in with nebulous 'why's' while saying whoops after a mislynch. It's the same reason I disliked Palmer calling my 5 posts since subbing in coasting without any evidence. It's lazy and arbitrary as fuck.

I'm willing to vote for 30 (even though I could see his frustration with Palmer, it's true that he has been coasting) and Acohrs (partly because I don't believe Palmer when he tries to clear BB but scum reads Swamped, while he's also just coasting without any real contributions)

I agree with you hard on the first paragraph. Come join us. If we flip 30 it does free him up so I doubt he'd mind (I wonder if he asked for a replacement? He said he was considering). Blarg, can I convince you or do you think there's a strong reason to go for Palmer today? I'd vote there but I don't think we can get the votes. But if we flip 30 anyone who lives can gun for him tomorrow. I'm up for either. I prefer this over a Swamped lynch regardless.

He wouldn't have information about the amount of vanillas. Which means Blarg's theory (Palmer claimed vanilla early so he can eat up all of the vanilla claims that come after him) is somewhat suspicious, since the game was advertised as role madness (which usually has implied in gaf no vanillas).

Claiming anything at the start of d1 is still garnering attention to yourself for no reason.

This is all true. However, I think Palmer could have shouted down almost anyone who counterclaimed as the only other vanilla townie so it was a relatively safe play because of his being largely absent and because of his posting style and standing.

I believe Palmer is smart enough to use every tool at his disposal.

I also questioned in the past the way you two have lined up. Palmer questioned it also but surface. Possibly to look good.

Now I'm gonna go make cheesecake.

Dr. Worm

Banned
giphy.gif

So, what compelled you to vote Swamped over Palmer?

I'm just gonna go full surface-level here

Obviously, we know in hindsight that Palmer_v1's claim and request for counterclaims was a stupid, terrible, no-good, very bad move that has possibly doomed us all, cursed by his name, yadda yadda. I gave my reasoning for trusting him D1:

I guess it's possible that he's a mafia informed of a lack of a "casual pizza eater" as a cover role and going in balls-deep on assuming there isn't a token blue, but that's all I can come up with in terms of nefarious plot. Beyond that is... Ill-advised.

If you have any other ideas, I'm interested, but I don't see a reason to not trust it at this juncture.

It still doesn't mean he could've known the nonexistence of a blue, though, which is why I believe it

At the time, I believed there was only one blue in the game, if there was even one at all. Most of us probably thought that was what would be meant by role madness, after all. If Palmer_v1 is setting up a Sarlacc pit to eat up counterclaims of being blue, he'd have to know that there were town blues to begin with that he could feast on. How would he know that?

In light of the Miller claim, I will say that the Godfather postulation may have more credence to it - assuming Natiko is telling the truth, we would know that there's a cop and that Sophia is being mildly bastard to said cop. I still don't believe this is overly likely, but I mention it again for completeness's sake.

I think there are enough things to be uneasy about regarding Swamped, regardless of her blue claim. You say you can't believe people are piling on in light of this defense - I can't believe people are piling off in light of this defense. I think we stand to gain far more from a Swamped flip than we would from either acohrs or Palmer_v1.

Obviously, if we want a scumflip from Palmer_v1, then every effort should be made to take me down as well, because I'm entirely complicit in whatever he's up to and his most vocal defender.

Burbeting

Banned
This is all true. However, I think Palmer could have shouted down almost anyone who counterclaimed as the only other vanilla townie so it was a relatively safe play because of his being largely absent and because of his posting style and standing.

I believe Palmer is smart enough to use every tool at his disposal.

I also questioned in the past the way you two have lined up. Palmer questioned it also but surface. Possibly to look good.

Now I'm gonna go make cheesecake.

So why did Palmer ask for any other vanilla to counter claim him in his initial claim post...? Hm.

IkjwSoM.gif

So why did Palmer ask for any other vanilla to counter claim him in his initial claim post...? Hm.

Maybe he really did think there were only like one or two vanillas, and he thought he could thunderdome them and win. He didn't count on there being more than a couple.

Conversely, he never thought so in the first place and just used that as an excuse to "accidentally" roleclaim.

Burbeting

Banned
Maybe he really did think there were only like one or two vanillas, and he thought he could thunderdome them and win. He didn't count on there being more than a couple.

Conversely, he never thought so in the first place and just used that as an excuse to "accidentally" roleclaim.

So what would have been the point of doing that thunderdome? He would have gone under fire afterwards, if the whole game had only 2 vanilla claims, him and the other one.

SkyOdin

You know what, I have been suspicious of Palmer's vanilla claim from the get-go, and I get Blarg's arguments. I could be convinced to vote for Palmer, but I would generally prefer to save that for day 3 at this point. Right now, I could vote for 30years, but I still have some confidence in my acohrs vote. Even now, it feels like acohrs is being cagey about information.

You're asking for my opinion on why Palmer went Role-fishing with his own ass.

Maybe, Burb, it's because his Role demands it?

Maybe, I should click my secret GAFia Gold Inbox where I'm CC'd everyone's Role PMs by Sorian at the start of every game, but which I refuse to employ out of a misplaced sense of honour.

acohrs

Don't understand why scumPalmer would know how many Vanillas were in the game, don't understand why PR townPalmer would know how many Vanillas were in the game, dont understand hoe vanilla townPalmer would know how many vanillas were in the game.

I get the feeling palmers claim was more a slip of the tongue

Darryl

Banned
Why. Support. Palmer.

I don't support Palmer at all. He's high on my list. The problem is I still have my hunch on Swamped. She looks like she is intentionally trying to go under the radar and if she is scum then I feel like the plan for her was just to keep discussion from her and let her go unnoticed. So any attempt to fragment the vote is very worrisome for me and sets off red flags, since a pile on to achors seems plausible

I feel the wind of resistance in the air for lynching Swamped. I'll take the path of most resistance

Burbeting

Banned

Maybe, I should click my secret GAFia Gold Inbox where I'm CC'd everyone's Role PMs by Sorian at the start of every game, but which I refuse to employ out of a misplaced sense of honour.

So you are suggesting he is a neutral on some sort of vanilla hunt? Then why has he been gunning for 30years, who hasn't claimed?

Don't understand why scumPalmer would know how many Vanillas were in the game, don't understand why PR townPalmer would know how many Vanillas were in the game, dont understand hoe vanilla townPalmer would know how many vanillas were in the game.

Really? Go read that post. I mean. Cmon.

My poor cheesecake will never get made.

Which would make Blarg's theory completely moot.

Not really. He could have intimidated anyone else by just saying "I'm vanilla. this is role madness, therefore I'm the only one and anyone else is lying," and people wouldn't counterclaim. Saying he wants them to is just asking them to challenge him, which is undesirable because of Palmer's presence in the game.

I don't support Palmer at all. He's high on my list. The problem is I still have my hunch on Swamped. She looks like she is intentionally trying to go under the radar and if she is scum then I feel like the plan for her was just to keep discussion from her and let her go unnoticed. So any attempt to fragment the vote is very worrisome for me and sets off red flags, since a pile on to achors seems plausible

I feel the wind of resistance in the air for lynching Swamped. I'll take the path of most resistance

"Path of most resistance"? Swamped has been on the cliff's edge for almost the entire Day. Are you actually serious? Palmer is the fucking wall.

I'm not fragmenting this two-way without reasons. Palmer has far more basis to be booted than Swamped.

Dr. Worm

Banned
This is our confirmed town

This is the darkest timeline for all townies not named Lifeline.

What's his end-game?

If he was slipping people pizzas, he's not gonna slip one to Lifeline when BlackBuzzard and WhereAreMahDragonz actually claimed. Is he going for lynches, NKs, or deaths in general against them?

I'm gonna vote either Palmer or 30 depending on closer to end of day. I can't see voting Swamped.

Though I have smallest hesitation at possibly losing a super active player.

vote: Palmer_v1

SkyOdin

Not really. He could have intimidated anyone else by just saying "I'm vanilla. this is role madness, therefore I'm the only one and anyone else is lying," and people wouldn't counterclaim. Saying he wants them to is just asking them to challenge him, which is undesirable because of Palmer's presence in the game.
That is partially what did happen. Dragonz was nervous about exposing PRs to risk, so she didn't feel comfortable going forward with a counterclaim. Instead, she decided to let Palmer's claim stand until she was forced to claim by being voted on. At that point, doubt had formed in people's minds about the credibility of vanilla claims, especially since BB immediatly followed suit.

Verelios

Acorns, did you read Palmer's post where he claimed? It wasn't a distracted thought or slip of the tongue.

What the fuck is this

Natiko

Banned
This whole Palmer vanilla flytrap theory doesn't make any sense unless Palmer knew there would be a bunch of vanillas. Palmer has been cagey about some info from Sophia but I feel like if it was this info he would've been modkilled. Without knowing there would be several vanillas his gambit makes no sense. I'm no fan of Palmer but you need to come up with some way better reasoning before we lynch one of the most vocal and active players over those doing nothing.

Darryl

Banned
"Path of most resistance"? Swamped has been on the cliff's edge for almost the entire Day. Are you actually serious? Palmer is the fucking wall.

I'm not fragmenting this two-way without reasons. Palmer has far more basis to be booted than Swamped.

This is false. Swamped has been held to the gun by me, Lifeline, and McQuacked. I know I am town and Lifeline is town, therefore I only have to take one small leap and think Launch is town, whom came to the same conclusions as me.

She was basically ignored by everyone else, whom at best said just enough to have a comment on the matter. This doesn't seem like the way our collective should have reacted, had Swamped been an innocent town. She should be an easy victim had she been town, and I should not have had to put this much work in.

Top Bottom