• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

104.gif

I thought we all agreed to call it a holy book.

No its more fanfiction then anything.

Natiko

Banned
Also the irony is not lost on me that Sky is in here trying to force everyone into two trains because "scum could slip away and not join in" yet his D1 vote was a prod vote on page 3 that he never changed and was on a player nobody else was voting at day end.

...that's exactly what I've been doing.
So you admit you've been taking info and forcing it to fit your conclusion on Swamped being scum instead of stepping back and re-evaluating based on new info to see if your conclusion needs changing?
Palmer pointed out before someone else could have been protected.
Am I blind or does this not talk about Swamped's vote swap for the most part?

So you admit you've been taking info and forcing it to fit your conclusion on Swamped being scum instead of stepping back and re-evaluating based on new info to see if your conclusion needs changing?

Yes, of course. I've said numerous times that Swamped's actions were suspicious and why they are suspicious, regardless of what the reason was. I did, however, present the three possible scenarios I saw as explaining her actions. I wasn't ready to commit to a single possibility of the three, so I just presented how likely I thought each was.

Palmer_v1

Just woke up to this clusterfuck, great. What in depth arguments are you talking about? Most of those same arguments stem from either a vote switch last day phase 'swamped' or just general nitpicking 'Acohrs'. Everything I've seen for 'the last 68 hours' can be summed up like that, so yeah, if someone makes a convincing argument I'll listen to them. Because I'm sick of being led into mislynch thunder domes in GAFIA with everyone screaming take a risk for the flip.

On the matter of Swamped claiming vanilla...I don't believe it. I previously stated that some of the people who previously claimed ordinary are lying, maybe all of them (sans Dragon) but it's very weird. Normally when Mafia is on the chopping block their teammates do one of two things, BUS BUS BUS BUS or try and switch the votes up frequently. I haven't seen either yet. (You can't have thought Lifeline of all people, inscrutable as he is would have after he was confirmed town) I think we could have a TT dome on our hands that some people would kill to see.

Well, and this isn't personal, out of all the vanilla claims I'm less likely to believe Palmer after going through his posts yesterday. Those weren't the posts of someone merely interested in scum hunting, they were looking for survival day 1. I'm sure he thought claiming ordinary would be a novelty but then a mass rush of ordinary claims start pouring in, dragon gets assassinated (Maybe the assassin believed she wasn't ordinary/wanted to prove there was, I don't know) and now there are about 5 vanilla claims. Palmer previously said day 1 he was sure there weren't a large amount of vanilla roles, which I'm guessing he's going to append to mean less than half the playerbase, but this doesn't seem like town behavior. He very much wants everyone to believe he's vanilla, I'm of the mind that this is a weird new gambit.

If I wanted to survive D1, I had a built in excuse. I was literally gone for 2/3 of it on vacation. Nobody would have lynched me.

Natiko

Banned
Yes, of course. I've said numerous times that Swamped's actions were suspicious and why they are suspicious, regardless of what the reason was. I did, however, present the three possible scenarios I saw as explaining her actions. I wasn't ready to commit to a single possibility of the three, so I just presented how likely I thought each was.
I..okay. Yeah, clearly I'm just coming at all of this from a very different perspective.

SkyOdin

The only thunderdomes I endorse are ones where someone counterclaims a claim, but it always ends up like this so yeah

Also the irony is not lost on me that Sky is in here trying to force everyone into two trains because "scum could slip away and not join in" yet his D1 vote was a prod vote on page 3 that he never changed and was on a player nobody else was voting at day end.
I'm not forcing a thunderdome, I am just asking people to commit. Burbeting was floating a list of three possible lynch candidates with actually voting on any of rhem. But we are getting past the time for discussion. It is the time to make a choice and vote, be it for acohrs, Swamped, or whomever you please.

From a practical standpoint however, if you want a third party to be lynched, you are going to have to make a very strong case right now. Being indecisive about your target now is getting silly.

Sophia

Day 2 votes

blackbuzzard (0)
dr. worm 640 (1477)
skyodin 708 (791)
lifeline 1318 (1673)

swamped (5)
launchpadmcq 650 (1670)
lifeline 657 (748)
isaacnukem 851 (855)
isaacnukem 855
lifeline 911 (1134)
darryl 1143
lifeline 1144 (1318)
blargonaut 1583 (1700)
acohrs 1600
dr. worm 1637
palmer_v1 1667

dr. worm (0)
palmer_v1 659 (778)

burbeting (0)
darryl 697 (1143)

wherearemahdragonz (0)
lifeline 748 (911)

blargonaut (0)
palmer_v1 778 (1015)
30yearsofhurt 1198 (1525)
blargonaut 1204 (1218)

palmer_v1 (0)
blargonaut 849 (1019)
launchpadmcq 1670 (1679)

isaacnukem (0)
hey_monkey 858 (910)
palmer_v1 1494 (1531)

oreomunsta (0)
blackbuzzard 872 (1071)

iaaacnukem (1)
wherearemahdragonz 885

acohrs (5)
hey_monkey 910
skyodin 1056
natiko 1225
blargonaut 1226 (1245)
swamped 1264 (1651)
stanleypalmtree 1598
blargonaut 1700 (1749)
lifeline 1706

natiko (0)
acohrs 960 (1600)
blargonaut 1245 (1583)

stanleypalmtree (1)
palmer_v1 1018 (1494)
burbeting 1130
lifeline 1134 (1144)

dr.worm (1)
blackbuzzard 1071

30yearsofhate (0)
palmer_v1 1531 (1558)

30yearsofhurt (0)
palmer_v1 1558 (1667)

launchpadmcq (1)
swamped 1668
lifeline 1673 (1706)

An up to date vote count can be found here

Majority is currently 10

Day 2 ends in

cya_1495659600.png

Palmer_v1

If you believe the Swamped vote is scummy then you MUST believe BB is scum. The vote swap did literally nothing as far as saving Palmer. It just switched who was tied with him. If Swamped was protecting anyone it has to be BB. Yet that's not the angle you're taking and thus I find your argument more than lacking.

That's super flawed reasoning. If this is town v town then scum don't give a fuck what happens. They can sit on their votes regardless and be fine. You know what's actually better at finding scum? Chaos. Making them switch and move and vote more. Limiting this to two candidates and then following it up by saying you think that's best even if they're both town makes very little sense. If they're both town then what incentive do scum have to move votes today?

I regret calling you names earlier in the game(though the role name thing was still a bad idea). You're more logical than I thought.

I fully agree that have 3-4 lynch candidates is more useful than a thunderdome or a turbo. I don't even care if I'm one of them, but people really need to consider 30!

SkyOdin

I'm not forcing a thunderdome, I am just asking people to commit. Burbeting was floating a list of three possible lynch candidates without actually voting on any of rhem. But we are getting past the time for discussion. It is the time to make a choice and vote, be it for acohrs, Swamped, or whomever you please.

From a practical standpoint however, if you want a third party to be lynched, you are going to have to make a very strong case right now. Being indecisive about your target now is getting silly.
Quoting my last post to correct a critical typo.

I..okay. Yeah, clearly I'm just coming at all of this from a very different perspective.

Yeah, I got that, so I was trying not to be condescending about it. You've made me revisit my thinking on Swamped, though, and although I'm not as certain as before, I can't say I'm at the point where I want to undue all my pressing for this day phase.

VOTE: Swamped

Palmer_v1

If you want the vote to descend into muddled chaos at the eleventh hour, be my guest. But only scum will benefit from the resulting confusion. To me, this sounds like you bunch are just waiting for a bandwagon to hitch a ride on.

I don't care if this is a town versus town lynch, voting patterns and after-the-fact analysis will still tell us something of use. We learn nothing from a vote that comes out of nowhere in the last hour. 95% chance the lynched would be town too, since scum will have more control over the chaos.

I am still confident about acohrs and Swamped, though. There has been enough strange behavior around them that a lynch will at least put some questions to bed and let us move onwards.

I disagree. If both Swamped and acohrs are town, we don't learn as mucha s we could have. At best, we end up with new info on vanillas, and still have to wait for ana cohrs flip to be able to have an educate guess about vote motivations.

Lifeline

Yeah, I got that, so I was trying not to be condescending about it. You've made me revisit my thinking on Swamped, though, and although I'm not as certain as before, I can't say I'm at the point where I want to undue all my pressing for this day phase.

VOTE: Swamped

What alleviated your suspicious of mafia bandwagoning on the Swamped vote?

SkyOdin

I regret calling you names earlier in the game(though the role name thing was still a bad idea). You're more logical than I thought.

I fully agree that have 3-4 lynch candidates is more useful than a thunderdome or a turbo. I don't even care if I'm one of them, but people really need to consider 30!
If that is how you feel, why don't you vote for 30years yourself?

I would consider voting for 30years, but I think that lynching acohrs would essentially give the same information. Much of my suspicion for acohrs is related to actions 30years has taken. If they are scum partners, then lynching one should give insight onto the other. So I am happy to lynch acohrs first.

Natiko

Banned
I'm not forcing a thunderdome, I am just asking people to commit. Burbeting was floating a list of three possible lynch candidates with actually voting on any of rhem. But we are getting past the time for discussion. It is the time to make a choice and vote, be it for acohrs, Swamped, or whomever you please.

Yes, if you are simply stating that everyone should be voting and have an active vote then I agree. Trying to police where those votes go is what I have an issue with. For instance I'm pretty sure there's enough of us here that find 30 scummy that we could get enough votes on him to be a lynch candidate too, but doing so would end the acorn push so I think everyone's waiting.

Palmer_v1

I would agree that the one vanilla claim who hasn't been under great suspicion is Palmer .Palmer was away (legit) which tempered some of it. There was some press and some votes, but even Swamped - who he's now voting - said multiple times that she wanted to keep Palmer from getting killed. That plus playing more defense rather than scumhunting would be real versions to lynch Swamped for me.

I am disinclined to fully go in on Palmer for several reasons. First, he's super active and I do think we should clear some suspicious inactives. Second, he will crush me, no doubt, and people will listen because he's Palmer and he's very good at getting people to listen to him even when he's yelling. I'm not super about self-preservation because I don't think individual townies matter overmuch, but I'm not vanilla and would rather not die just because of the wrath of Palmer.

But the biggest thing for me is that I'm not sure Palmer is scum hunting as much as hunting people who have questioned Palmer. He started the game being so helpful and explanatory and providing everything, even down to how to play, so his vanilla claim seemed like, well, okay. There was some questioning of it, but not a ton, thanks to how it was presented. Even the gf slant was helpful. Scum wouldn't be so open, would they?

He confessed later he'd also missed something about the role madness, something that had to do with his role pm, but when I asked him about it he was the cagiest I've ever seen him. Even invoked Sophia. Out of politeness, when asked to let that go, I did. But it's stuck in my head. Can't unstick it. It was the least Palmer move I've ever seen Palmer make. I don't know if that means it's legit there was some issue or if that was just him counting on everyone listening and leaving it alone. Why would it be out of bounds?

I don't know if I'm being shitty bringing it back up again. Dunno how the community is about such things. But I'm trying to be transparent.

So instead I'll turn back to Palmer's insistence that we focus on inactives. But now he's on Swamped. And his reasoning sounds so... reasonable, like this:

But while he acknowledges now that maybe he shouldn't have d1 claimed and he wonders if all the vanillas are there, he's still on Swamped.

I have doubts. I'm not convinced, but I have suspicions. I've said over and over that I find Palmer a very difficult read. I did misread him as scum in anime - and vice versa. But he's different here. Palmer puts the work in. But sometimes I read his analysis and I think... not really? No? But he's such a high volume poster that it's hard to go through all of them (pot, kettle, black right here).

But what the hell. I'm gonna put it out there, though I expect it will not go far, just as Verelios's didn't. And as of today, maybe it shouldn't. But if he is scum or neutral, he dominates the conversation. And it's something we should watch out for.

Monkey prepping her eventual bandwagon justification. Convenient that it's shortly after I propose a theory that would paint her as scum if I'm right. (Hint: We need to lynch 30 for me to know)

For the bolded portion, you should know one absolute truth about me. I abhor cheating and anything else that breaks the spirit of the game. It's all a slippery slope and if I can't trust people not to fudge the rules, I'm not going to play at all. If you insist on prodding at this, I will tell you more, but I believe it's something that only benefits my survival, and that it is not something that is fair to anyone else(scum neutral or town).

Also I can't help you on thinking I might be scummy despite my scum hunting. It's literally why I'm good at being scum. I always scum hunt. If my teammates are too dumb to avoid attention, I will go after them the same as anyone else.

Huh, can you post where Palmer was defending BB? Because that's weird if they're voting Swamped on that vote switch

Add 30 and yourself, remove BB.

If swamped was okay with my claim, why did wamd deserve a vote d1 for hers? Why wasn't BB deserving of it for the even more suspicious claim?

Pretty sure he was saying that if Launch targeted Palmer, Palmer is confrontational and would just tell him to shut up.

Yes, but he brought up a good point. Palmer hasn't really engaged BB at all today, it seems like.

Darryl

Banned
What's your reasoning?

just fuck off asking me dumb questions. i explained this already - pretty sure multiple times now. your manic posting behavior is starting to irk me and your opinions are losing merit. i'm not going to waste my time re-starting my logic yet again.

Verelios

Pretty sure he was saying that if Launch targeted Palmer, Palmer is confrontational and would just tell him to shut up.
Oh yeah, that makes sense.

But going down that thought, if Swamped is scum wouldn't that make BB scum based on her last day vote switch?

Palmer_v1

I don't ever tell people to shut up. I just ask them to provide logical conclusions. If they don't, I will pursue them, cause logic > gut reads. I want everyone to talk and participate as much as possible.

Verelios

Yes, but he brought up a good point. Palmer hasn't really engaged BB at all today, it seems like.
Wow, yeah that's pretty selective reasoning, why has no one brought this up?

Palmer, why do you believe BB over Swamped?
just fuck off asking me dumb questions. i explained this already - pretty sure multiple times now. your manic posting behavior is starting to irk me and your opinions are losing merit. i'm not going to waste my time re-starting my logic yet again.
Calm down Darryl, just treat Lifeline as if he was Bronx.

Lifeline

I don't ever tell people to shut up. I just ask them to provide logical conclusions. If they don't, I will pursue them, cause logic > gut reads. I want everyone to talk and participate as much as possible.

giphy.gif

Don't believe the dog, it might ask you to give it a logical pet, but don't be surprised when it bites hard.

Palmer_v1

Sure, I'm protecting BB. Me and him are scum buddies. After we saw how well my initial claim went, the scum team got together and decided the best claim BB could make at the end was othe one that stood to fuck with mine the most.

GG town, ya got us. Pack it up.

This is where I start calling people names again.

Sure, I'm protecting BB. Me and him are scum buddies. After we saw how well my initial claim went, the scum team got together and decided the best claim BB could make at the end was othe one that stood to fuck with mine the most.

phew, finally caught you guys. This game was taking its toll on me.

Lifeline

Sure is Call of Duty Xbox chat in here. I'm surprised you didn't throw in a comment about my mom.

Burbeting

Banned
Out of the coasters, I'm okay going for 30yearsofhurt.

VOTE: 30yearsofhurt

However, if I would have to decide only between Swamped and Acohrs, I'd vote Swamped. I still don't believe scum acohrs to have done that post about LL.

Palmer_v1

Oh, and Swamped too! We should definitely make sure 3 scum claim vanilla. Or maybe she really is vanilla? So it would surely be a great idea for me to flip her so my claim is even more suspect, instead of going after the easy as hell target in acohrs.

Jesus goddamned christ, you people.

Top Bottom