• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

SkyOdin

Hmmm... I feel slightly uncomfortable with a sudden Stanley push right after he has to go to sleep. On the other hand, his self defense has been erratic and I can't think of many leads he has pursued over the course of the game. Give me a couple hours to think this over.

Sophia

Day 5 votes

dr. worm (0)
timetokill 3565 (3838)

nomadic sparks (0)
launchpadmcq 3589 (3712)
stanleypalmtree 3614 (3937)

timetokill (3)
dr. worm 3633 (3945)
hey_monkey 3634 (3775)
palmer_v1 3691 (3949)
hey_monkey 3826 (3935)
launchpadmcq 3828 (3835)
timetokill 3838
isaacnukem 3926
stanleypalmtree 3937

launchpadmcq (1)
skyodin 3700
nomadic sparks 3701 (3752)
darryl 3751 (3855)

lifeline (0)
nomadic sparks 3752 (3886)
hey_monkey 3775 (3784)

stanleypalmtree (3)
lifeline 3762
darryl 3855 (3880)
darryl 3944
dr. worm 3945

darryl (0)
acohrs 3812 (3920)

novote (0)
darryl 3880 (3944)

isaacnukem (1)
acohrs 3920

An up to date vote count can be found here

Majority is 7

Day 5 ends in:

blu_1496869200.png

Reminder: Starting from Night 5, we will be speeding up the pace of the game. Nights will be 24 hours long, and Days will be 48 hours long.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Hmmm... I feel slightly uncomfortable with a sudden Stanley push right after he has to go to sleep. On the other hand, his self defense has been erratic and I can't think of many leads he has pursued over the course of the game. Give me a couple hours to think this over.

the push consists of myself and Darryl

are we that sus to you? it's okay to say yes

Darryl

Banned

What is surprising​? The day is ending and we have to pick. I don't think TTK has felt like scum. I agree with his self assessment that scum wouldn't have followed Blarg and his neutral claim. It was too dumb. Me and Lifeline have already spent a fuck ton of time reading Stanley's posts. Go read the past few pages. We reasons for it.

SkyOdin

the push consists of myself and Darryl

are we that sus to you? it's okay to say yes
You both are in my "strongly read town, but with that kernel of doubt at the back of my mind" category. Close to being unquestioned townies, but I try to not put absolute faith in anyone without compelling proof. I got burned hard in mini-mafia.

Palmer_v1

You both are in my "strongly read town, but with that kernel of doubt at the back of my mind" category. Close to being unquestioned townies, but I try to not put absolute faith in anyone without compelling proof. I got burned hard in mini-mafia.

Why do you trust Darryl?

Dr. Worm

Banned

If you have that much confidence that we're town, why should our votes discomfort you?

I'd put you in the same category you described me as; I'm curious

Darryl

Banned
I can't for the life of me figure out where you guys have gotten all of this TTK angst. I'm really curious. Is it something I missed in day 1? We have time, give me the abbreviated version

SkyOdin

Why do you trust Darryl?
While Darryl has been pretty quiet, I think their reads and thoughts have been useful and insightful. I can't think of too many scummy actions Darryl has taken. They can be hard to read, I admit, but I think they are acting in town's best interest.

The only thing that gives me pause about Darryl is that they have been acting out of character this day phase. I'm not accustomed to seeing them get so frustrated and flustered.

Palmer, what is your take on Darryl? And Dr. Worm, while we are at it?
If you have that much confidence that we're town, why should our votes discomfort you?

I'd put you in the same category you described me as; I'm curious
As I said, the timing seemed strange. I am trying to keep an open mind about things. For me this has been a day where I have been trying to challenge my own presumptions about this game. After BB flipped town, I have been re-appraising my reads and trying to find things I have overlooked. That includes putting a critical eye towards peopke I generally trust.

Darryl

Banned
If TTK is scum, we either win or he gave up therefore he is being bussed hard by one of you scumlords. Unless you think he gave up and someone like me or Dr. Work is defending him even after his expressed suicide. There's multiple scumlords protecting his lynch. If he's scum, I hope whoever stays alive looks at these clairvoyant genuis scum hunters (launch and Palmer, particularly launch)

Show me a post you think is worth lynching them over
Y'all can't all be scum but seriously, I've been on this sknce ttk defended Blarg. Shady, cagey, hinting, pushed grand conspiracy, not scum hunting. Show me three posts that make ttk look town. We've also had votes here since the beginning of the phase and all she's really done since is vote herself. So why defend her now? What changed? Honest question.

Stan's renewed Nomadic call moved him up my list but I'm not sure if he's the right vote today. I'd rather give him time to claim since he hinted.

Darryl

Banned
Y'all can't all be scum but seriously, I've been on this sknce ttk defended Blarg. Shady, cagey, hinting, pushed grand conspiracy, not scum hunting. Show me three posts that make ttk look town. We've also had votes here since the beginning of the phase and all she's really done since is vote herself. So why defend her now? What changed? Honest question.

Stan's renewed Nomadic call moved him up my list but I'm not sure if he's the right vote today. I'd rather give him time to claim since he hinted.

I even mentioned defending Blarg above. I think it was too obvious, also multiple people did it. Confirmed town Lifeline did it. You don't seem to read posts as well as you think you do.

Dr. Worm

Banned
As I said, the timing seemed strange.

That's entirely on me.

Darryl voted, I came on just after and read the posts, and I'm sheeping him, mostly so we can have two viable wagons for day end. I agree with acohrs's assessment, and I don't like that my other two scumpicks are on timetokill right now.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Was this what you were looking for?

I'm just going to repost it here, unedited:

Launch replaced moon, who was a nothing read, and I don't even have a baseline to go off of from previous games. Launch himself came in hard, and is doing a great job of at least SEEMING like town, though I question his tunneling on WAMD and Swamped. If swamped flipped town, he'd probably be my #1 scum suspect. i'm just noticing thatmoon is a no lynch vote D1 which is a big red flag for me normally.

Verelios replaced Sawneeks, who I had been ignoring mostly. I'm going to check her posts again to see whats going on there, but first, some voting stuff. Verelios hasn't really done a lot since showing up. Maybe scum who thinks they can coast for a while as a replacement.

Then Nomadic Sparks replaced Oreamunsta, who was coasting hard, which is similar to what they did in Anime when they were scum.

Semi-related, here are the people that ended on WAMD D1.

WhereAreMahDragonz
-30yearsofhurt 406 535
-Lifeline 505
-Sawneeks 589
-30yearsofhurt 609
-Swamped 616

Not a great start for Sawneeks. We know lifeline is town. Good chance we'll find out today if Swamped is. Then 30, who I think i'd happily vote for as well.

If 30 is scum, you can look at the D1 votes on him to see some interesting stuff.

30yearsofhurt
-acohrs 238
-hey_monkey 354 405
-Sawneeks 397 532
-WhereAreMahDragonz 462

Acohrs, who has a bandwagon of sorts built against him. monkey with an early fakey vote, sawneeks with an early fakey vote, and WAMD, who is town. He was on contention for a lynch yesterday near the end. Starting to think most of what happened was to save him, not BB. It's also making me rethink Swamped as I go through all of this. Anyway, so far, none of them have actively voted against 30 again today.

If Swamped is scum as well, note that none of these people I'm mentioning have votes on her except Launch.

30 is currently on Blarg, who I town read now that some sense has kicked in.

I dunno. Seems like some weird shit might be going down between Monkey, 30, Verelios(sawneeks), and Isaac.

Oh, if you're wondering what prompted all of this, it's monkey's recent comment about Isaac:

That post triggered me a bit. First, she's protecting Isaac who is probably scum. Second, it's like she knows Isaac is going to get replaced due to info from a different thread that most of us don't have access to.

With all of that said, I'm still not sure about lynching Swamped, but i definitely think acohrs is a mistake. I'm still going to go back through sawneeks/verelios osts to see if anything other than voting patterns stand out.

NEW EDIT for NEW INFO: So, I need to reevaluate, but blarg and maybe other scum leaving votes on me was pretty shady, and they weren't inclined to ever show up to change them if 30 or BB were scum. I think the mysterious nature of verelios' death also lends credence to this. On the other hand, Monkey being a town cop(albeit unconfirmed), does hurt the theory.

timetokill's push for anything but a blarg vote yesterday just cements it for me. If not Isaacnukem, I'll happily vote TTK today.

Palmer_v1

I can't for the life of me figure out where you guys have gotten all of this TTK angst. I'm really curious. Is it something I missed in day 1? We have time, give me the abbreviated version

It's based on D1 voting. I've posted my big theory several times about it. Gist of it is that 4 people were in the running near day end. Me, BB, WAMD, and 30. At the time, I didn't know for sure that WAMD and BB were town, but I suspected they were. That only leaves 30 as the explanation for the weird fucking voting pattern D1. It's been reinforced since my first posting when Swamped flipped scum, and BB/WAMD flipped town. It also implicated Verelios/Sawneeks, and I feel like their mysterios no-flip ALSO supports me, but I can't be sure. Monkey was part of my theory as well, and her generally pro-town behavior since D3 detracts from the theory. It's also based on the people who immediately started bandwagoning acohrs D2, which is part of why I think acohrs is not scum, but if he DOES flip scum, it blows the rest of my theory out of the water, cause I don't think scum would have started bussing him D2.

The fact that 30/TTK hasn't done anything useful since then also supports it, IMO.

Palmer_v1

While Darryl has been pretty quiet, I think their reads and thoughts have been useful and insightful. I can't think of too many scummy actions Darryl has taken. They can be hard to read, I admit, but I think they are acting in town's best interest.

The only thing that gives me pause about Darryl is that they have been acting out of character this day phase. I'm not accustomed to seeing them get so frustrated and flustered.

Palmer, what is your take on Darryl? And Dr. Worm, while we are at it?

As I said, the timing seemed strange. I am trying to keep an open mind about things. For me this has been a day where I have been trying to challenge my own presumptions about this game. After BB flipped town, I have been re-appraising my reads and trying to find things I have overlooked. That includes putting a critical eye towards peopke I generally trust.

Worm is logical, and I trust them for now. Darryl is being super weird and ignoring lots of stuff. Others are scummier than him though, but that's like the whole fucking theme at this point. If I eliminated all the shady people, it'd be me, Monkey, and Worm. I GUESS lifeline as well, but fml on that one.

Palmer_v1

If TTK is scum, we either win or he gave up therefore he is being bussed hard by one of you scumlords. Unless you think he gave up and someone like me or Dr. Work is defending him even after his expressed suicide. There's multiple scumlords protecting his lynch. If he's scum, I hope whoever stays alive looks at these clairvoyant genuis scum hunters (launch and Palmer, particularly launch)

You think I've been bussing 30 since D2? Really, darryl?

@Skyodin: This is the kind of post I'm talking about with him. So inconsistent.

Darryl

Banned
You think I've been bussing 30 since D2? Really, darryl?

@Skyodin: This is the kind of post I'm talking about with him. So inconsistent.

Scum bussing each other early is common. There's so many advantages to it. It's how I played in my mafia game ever as scum. I just threw all my team mates under the bus hard. I have already accused Launch of scummily starting to bus Swamped D2 in this very game.

I don't know why you're playing ignorant. You have to know this stuff. This is why I think you're playing a fake persona. None of your posts ring true to me at all.

SkyOdin

Well, Timetokill took over for 30yearsofhate, who eas involved in a strange incident on Day 1. I asked 30years for a read on acohrs, who had not posted a whole lot as of then. In response, 30years said that acohrs was strongly town, and might end up being a town leader, despite the fact that acohrs had a vote on 30years. I thought it was a really strange response, and put both 30years and acohrs on my possible scum list. Acohrs acted strangely all of Day 2, as well. Since then, my suspicion on acohrs has cooled somewhat and I have filed him away as inattentive town. 30years was then replaced by timetokill. Now, timetokill's main claim to fame was her defense of Blarg on Day 3. I actually think that it is unlikely that scum would so openly stand up for a scum teammate who is all but guaranteed to be lynched, but then WIFOM sets in.

I am not particularly excited over a Timetokill lynch, though I still have enough lingering suspicions that I wouldn't mind at leadt seeing her claim. However, acohrs jumping in to defend reignites some very old scum reads, even if just a little bit.

Note: This post was delayed by a short internet outage.

Darryl

Banned
It's based on D1 voting. I've posted my big theory several times about it. Gist of it is that 4 people were in the running near day end. Me, BB, WAMD, and 30. At the time, I didn't know for sure that WAMD and BB were town, but I suspected they were. That only leaves 30 as the explanation for the weird fucking voting pattern D1. It's been reinforced since my first posting when Swamped flipped scum, and BB/WAMD flipped town. It also implicated Verelios/Sawneeks, and I feel like their mysterios no-flip ALSO supports me, but I can't be sure. Monkey was part of my theory as well, and her generally pro-town behavior since D3 detracts from the theory. It's also based on the people who immediately started bandwagoning acohrs D2, which is part of why I think acohrs is not scum, but if he DOES flip scum, it blows the rest of my theory out of the water, cause I don't think scum would have started bussing him D2.

The fact that 30/TTK hasn't done anything useful since then also supports it, IMO.

So, Swamped's vote switch set off a scum alert to you(?) that someone was being protected? Who could she have been saving and how does that make sense with the way the votes fell? I don't see how she could have been saving 30. He was the least likely of the 4 to get lynched at the end of the day. I don't see how those votes add up to implicate them directly. The only weird thing I could get out of that day was that Swamped flippantly changed her vote. It doesn't appear, in retrospect, that she was necessarily saving anybody. It was her flippancy that made me scum read her - her lack of attachment to the results of the day.

acohrs

But what if there's only one scum left? Who is it? What if it's ttk? What if it's you? Stan? What if it IS Lifeline?

Who do you propose we lynch instead? Do you propose NO lynch?

To be honest anyone else, including me, we've spent a day close to hammering TTK and there's been little activity. Just from a meta point of view, that tells me scum aren't making moves because theyre not scared and if we don't test them a bit before dayend then we will almost certainly lose another town and get no info.

Want to get an Isaac bandwagon going myself in all honesty

To be honest anyone else, including me, we've spent a day close to hammering TTK and there's been little activity. Just from a meta point of view, that tells me scum aren't making moves because theyre not scared and if we don't test them a bit before dayend then we will almost certainly lose another town and get no info.

Finally some sanity

All right, so I've been hesitant to claim for what I hoped were reasons understandable to the more astute members of town, and I'd really rather not have to until at least tomorrow. Thought about it all night. But if you guys think it's necessary I'll do it, though I don't think it's in town's best interests tonight. Sorry for being "cryptic" monkey but that's how it is in this kind of game.

In the meantime, my flavor is essentially about how I judge pizza parlors largely on the quality of their arcade. There are a ton of bread crumbs for that if anybody cares to look.

Palmer_v1

All right, so I've been hesitant to claim for what I hoped were reasons understandable to the more astute members of town, and I'd really rather not have to until at least tomorrow. Thought about it all night. But if you guys think it's necessary I'll do it, though I don't think it's in town's best interests tonight. Sorry for being "cryptic" monkey but that's how it is in this kind of game.

In the meantime, my flavor is essentially about how I judge pizza parlors largely on the quality of their arcade. There are a ton of bread crumbs for that if anybody cares to look.

Going to have to be more than that for your claim to affect anyone's decisions.

Sophia

Day 5 votes

dr. worm (0)
timetokill 3565 (3838)

nomadic sparks (0)
launchpadmcq 3589 (3712)
stanleypalmtree 3614 (3937)

timetokill (2)
dr. worm 3633 (3945)
hey_monkey 3634 (3775)
palmer_v1 3691 (3949)
hey_monkey 3826 (3935)
launchpadmcq 3828 (3835)
timetokill 3838 (3990)
isaacnukem 3926
stanleypalmtree 3937

launchpadmcq (1)
skyodin 3700
nomadic sparks 3701 (3752)
darryl 3751 (3855)

lifeline (0)
nomadic sparks 3752 (3886)
hey_monkey 3775 (3784)

stanleypalmtree (3)
lifeline 3762
darryl 3855 (3880)
darryl 3944
dr. worm 3945

darryl (0)
acohrs 3812 (3920)

novote (0)
darryl 3880 (3944)

isaacnukem (1)
acohrs 3920

An up to date vote count can be found here

Majority is 7

Day 5 ends in:

blu_1496869200.png

Reminder: Starting from Night 5, we will be speeding up the pace of the game. Nights will be 24 hours long, and Days will be 48 hours long.

There are a ton of bread crumbs for that if anybody cares to look.

I assume this is all your "I'm gonna go play x" now, which stuck out like sore thumbs, but without intimate knowledge of how games get put together and role possibilities, I'm not gonna be the one who figures that stuff out, personally. Bowlie's spreadsheet taught me how little I know about that. So what I have to look at is people.

Right now, with an hour and a half to go, I have itchy scumfeels on:

ttk (for all the reasons I've said before) - but yes, the fact that she's just taking it and that there's no other action is troubling
Darryl - for inconsistency and mass post avoidance
Nomadic, still, regardless of the votes - would have been a safe vote for scum to hide on even if he was scum
isaac
Launch
Palmer
Now possibly Stan
Yep, Lifeline, don't care

All these people can't be scum. That's like more than half the remaining players.

Top Bottom