• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THURSDAYTON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
THURSDAYTONA!!!

thursdaytona.jpg

Raoul Duke said:
Guys... this is hard for me to say.

After having been informed of what's about to really go down tomorrow, I'm afraid that I have a LOT of backpedalling to do, and a lot of apologies to make. Let's just say that I'm stunned that something of this nature would ever come out of Nintendo and leave it at that. :(

LOL, you guys have been conspiring on GAF chat, haven't you?

Raoul Duke said:
I'm booking a flight after work tonight, gonna stay with one of my contacts out on the left coast. I have to see this thing for myself tomorrow.

Okay, now you guys aren't even trying.

Starfire

Megaton is an actual megaton!!!!

Nintendo and Konami team up to construct the world's first real-working Metal-Gear controlled by gyroscopes, Nintami global-nuclear domination immenant!!!!!!!

VIVA RE-VO-LU-CION!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Next E3 Sega to return to hardware: Dreamcast 2 unleashed upon what's left of the masses!!!

hobart

kIdMuScLe said:
can somebody tell me what's goin on? something big from sony, microsoft or nintendo is happening tomorrow or what?

Nintendo is going to change the face of gaming on Thursday (tomorrow for most of you).

We can only be thankful that we have such informed members in the GAF community to let us know of this momentus news.

MoccaJava

Banned
See, what you should have done was work WITH Johnny Nighttrain so HE could deliver the joke. I promise you 10x many more people would believe it.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
...can't folks just wait til tomorrow to see one way or the other? It's not like it's next week or something.. it's just... tomorrow...

<looks at forum with dazed and confused look>

I like Nintnedo's games and have had hours of fun with their hardware, but I don't expect them to go all out to impress people. I expect them to do their thing and keep me as a customer, but when it comes to anxiously anticipating something -- I'll leave that to Sony. First PSP, now PS3, Sony seems to be capable of dropping bombshells at shows, hardware from the future, and libraries of games that provide everything from gaming I want (aside from my Nintendo fix which is what Nintendo systems are for)

Given what we know about Nintendo, Nintendo fans and this forum do you think:
1. Microsoft blowing their load early and missing the chick's face entirely
2. Sony stepping into and strolling about the onsen intimidating all with their giant cock (altho there is some speculation about parts of it being prosthetic)
3. Rabid Nintendo fans like the guy who made the Nintendo On video starting rumors about a last second megaton to shock all at E3
4. Nintendo always moves at their own pace often ignoring what gamers ask for initially letting them down many times and sometimes but not often finally delivering it after a long ass wait
5. Drinky started this thread and he hates Nintendo fanboys
6. Drinky started this thread and he hates Nintendo fanboys
7. Drinky started this thread and he hates Nintendo fanboys
8.Drinky started this thread and he hates Nintendo fanboys
9.Drinky started this thread and he hates Nintendo fanboys
10. Drinky started this thread and he hates Nintendo fanboys

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 +7 + 8 + 9 + 10 == THURSDAYTON ?

Don't kid yourselves, nothing's gonna happen :D

In the N64's life cycle when it became obvious that the Playstation was going to crush it the Nintendo fanboy in me held out hope that Nintendo would do something so heavy hitting that they'd swing the battle in their favor, sort of like with the SNES and Genesis. When Gamecube launched I held out hope that Nintendo had learned from all their mistakes (they switched media, claimed 3rd party support was going to be beefed up, and that they were dedicated to being competitive in the console business). We see how that ended up. Nintendo's past two home consoles have delivered on the tech side (well N64 was limited by cards) but failed on the business/marketing side. In the handheld market Nintendo seems to deliver on the business/marketing side but deliver weak and underpowered hardware.

Has Nintendo found a happy medium with Revolution? We don't know because they chose not to show anything. We'll have to wait, it's still at lesat 9 months off I'd guess. If there's one thing that we can always expect from Nintendo is that they will proceed in their own little world releasing and revealing stuff on their own time.

Hopefully later this year or early next year they show impressive real stuff running on at least 90% - 100% dev kits. When they are ready to show stuff they will. I think that's a big reason devs haven't been talking about Revolution, it wasn't a priority coming into this E3; DS, GBA, and the last few games trickling out on the Cube are Nintendo's priority.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
This thread has taken me to an incredible high and then smashed every fibre of my being into a bloody and disappointed pulp :(

There's still hope though... isn't there...?

girl-crying.jpg

So is every piece of news tomorrow-no matter how irrelevant-going to be immediately followed with someone posting "THURSDAYTON!!!" after it?

DSFan1970

Ford Prefect said:
This thread has taken me to an incredible high and then smashed every fibre of my being into a bloody and disappointed pulp :(

There's still hope though... isn't there...?

No. Sorry. Unless...

Boogie said:
Manipulating the gaming hordes requires a wit that is subtle and precise, like a katana blade, yet Raol wields it over-enthusiastically, like a heavy club ;)

Maybe that's the point? Drinky tells the truth without hyperbole while Raol raves about it with super unrealism, causing confusion among the Nfans. Watching Nbots deal with the inner struggle between believing out of rabid loyalty and disbelieving out of logic could very well be the last chance for Drinky to get his rocks off before the THURSDAYTON.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Seriously, I can't believe this info hasn't leaked already.

Good stuff though.

Diffense

Remember, Iwata said that part of the 'puzzle' is that rev is a 'virtual console' = 'virtual reality' = 'nintendo on'

It's all making sense! ;)

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Diffense said:
Remember, Iwata said that part of the 'puzzle' is that rev is a 'virtual console' = 'virtual reality' = 'nintendo on'

It's all making sense! ;)
OMG Virtual ON exclusive to Revolution....You heard it here first...

X
X
X

projectx.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom