• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
FTR, if I was mafia, I would have killed Makai tonight 100%, for so three reasons. a) he was acting really bloody oddly, and people who act oddly make mafia nervous. b) he didn't incriminate anyone, so as mafia if I kill him then town has literally no more information tomorrow. c) he's taken up most of today's conversation so it wastes a day even further.

As town, it is incredibly important to me that Makai *acts like a normal person*. For a number of reasons: a) if I think there's an outside chance he's a PR, then I need to make him act like a normal person and give reads so that mafia want to kill him less (given the paragraph above this one), b) I can't actually be sure he's a PR, and if he isn't and is still Hope-aligned he is actively playing anti-town (which is what made four other people who aren't me also vote him), so I can either goad him into playing pro-town or, if he won't do that, get rid of him as he damages town, or c) he may actually be mafia outright - it can be difficult to distinguish between mafia and town power roles, because they're both secretive fuckers, in which case lynching him is good.

Finally, you absolutely cannot say "I pinned him in a corner". Literally *every single post I ever threw at him* I said "Tell me suspects", "Tell me suspects", "Tell me suspects". That's not a fucking corner, that's wide open. All he had to do to get out was... tell me some suspects. That's not rocket science. The only person who made Makai claim in that situation was Makai: there was absolutely NO need to.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Hell, I even gave him explicit hints, as in post #559;

Town PRs, fundamentally, should play essentially identically to ordinary town - they don't draw attention to himselves.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
good thing we didnt wait until the last moment so we can make an informed decision

yet another reason why people should give reads instead of staying silent all day

>facepalm<

"fly under the rader"

motherfucker it's Dfucking1 and you're already looking at me. If I wanted to fly under the radar, I'd have like 20 less posts and not be leading. Do you have any idea how difficult it would be as scum to try and be the town leader all the way from D1 irself to end-game? Also, if I was scum, my first #1 piece of advice/instruction-you-do-not-breach-on-death would be "never vote with your partners". Again, it's D1. We've had votes on over 10 different people today. Whoever gets lynched will get lynched on like 5 votes. Mafia doesn't even need to vote for whoever gets lynched today, they just need to sit back and watch, preferably all voting for different people and laughing at the Hope players who actually think mafia would bother to concern themselves heavily with D1.

We have genuine to goodness scummy players like ViviOggi, and you're pushing on me, and apparently francop and Sawneeks because they followed me? Why not CzarTim or Pau, who've also voted Makai? Clue: lots of people voted Makai (in fact, more than any other player) because he played really badly.

Let's be real here: ViviOggi has less than 20 posts, in which he says nothing of value and hedges on everything. I have 60 posts in which in every single one I'm constantly telling you how I'm thinking and putting myself on the line. Don't do exactly what the SW people did last game and lynch people who talk a lot on D1, the mafia is almost *never them*.

That's cool and all. I don't trust you.

As for CzarTim and Pau. I didn't look past the pages I quoted. I'm also less wary of Sawneeks than I am francop. Why are you defending them so much though?

Also yes, many voted for Makai. But the votes for him were split into two different timeframes. The ones before I made my post saying I thought he was a Hope PR, and the ones that you started despite apparently sharing my suspicions that he was a Hope PR.

You want me to focus only on post count, but that's a huge fucking blunder. You literally claimed that you were suspciious about Makai being a Hope PR. You claimed he was so obvious about it that Despair wouldnt even need to rolefish to figure it out. And yet you voted for him. And your vote means a lot considering you've been acting as town leader.

Acting as town leader D1 and getting us to all lynch our Hope PR investigator would actually be pretty safe for Despair to do. You can't be investigated and figured out if you can take out the investigator D1 or N1.

Can you explain why ou voted for Makai despite claiming on the last page that you shared my initial suspicions that he is a Hope PR?

Sawneeks

Banned
This game also seems to have a large number of newer players. Perhaps that could be why Crab is going for a risky Despair Hope Leader strategy.

I urge anyone that is aligned with Hope to vote for Crab or franconp. Or Sawneeks.

I'm leaning more towards trusting Crab rather than Fran. Taking up the leader position can still be a possibility here but with the amount of information and play advice that Crab has been putting out for the entirety of Day 1 I'm more inclined to trust him than Fran, who hasn't done much except a few jabs at people here and there. But Crab is also arguably the most experienced person here and if anyone could pull this off it might just be Crab.

We got less than 2 hours until Day 1 is over and, honestly, I'm leaning towards a no lynch vote now. We now have 2 Power Roles out in the open and the last thing we need is to bully a 3rd or even 4th player into the open. I'm not even remotely confident in voting against anyone right now.

Hell, I even gave him explicit hints, as in post #559;

Yet for all these hints, you still voted for him. I can understand wanting to eliminate a bad player even if they are Hope. But you thought he was a Hope PR. I'd say a bad Hope PR is still better than dead Hope PR. Even if only to draw the N1 Despair kill so that your skin would be safe.

ViviOggi

You know, I typed this a few hours ago as a response to Crab's post but, since nothing much was happening I decided to keep it to myself until day 2 where I was hoping to get a bit more evidence for or against my theory; sticking with my kingkitty vote even though I wasn't really into it anymore.

I didn't know role calls had such a high impact - or maybe they actually don't as Crab's reaction to Makai's reveal is so completely different in tone to anything else he has posted before. Now that the game has gone completely crazy and Crab's on my ass so ridiculously hard just 2 hours before night that I don't feel safe anymore I'll just post it unaltered as I don't want to get bandwagoned out last minute without at least sharing this.

If you think this makes me look even more scummy then so be it and I don't blame you. My first posts were pretty weak and I especially focused on rushing to my own defense when, as I'm learning, as Town a better way to start the game is posting your thoughts and letting others judge them on their own merits. It's also hilariously unfortunate that I gotta get up really damn early for a new job tomorrow with all this craziness going down. I'll stick around as long as reasonably possible but whatever happens at least I'll have something exciting to read tomorrow.

I'm by no means fully satisfied with Salva's response, but he's done us the basic courtesy of letting us know how he feels about at least one other player (swamped), and his explanation seems at least plausible and consistent with how both have played so far. I'm not comfortable with my vote on him any more. I've also decided that, as we're now reaching the end of the day, it's time to use my vote more forcefully. So, first, a brief description of how I feel about players so far - note that I'll explain why I found you suspicious, but I'm not going into my townreads in too much detail so early in the game, so this is dedicated to null and scumreads.

A Human Becoming: I'm struggling to tell if this is new player jitters or not. I'm leaning somewhat towards it being so, but I can't understand how someone can have so little contribute given we've had over 10 pages of discussion at this point. There's huge amounts of material to go through, certainly enough for someone even with very limited experience to posit something.

ViviOggi: I'm not really happy with the direction ViviOggi has taken. His posts are either largely nothings, or focused on tunnelling kingkitty. There's barely any other comment on any other of the various conversation topics that have popped up so far. The exclusion to this is when Vivi decided to comment on Rest and myself earlier, but the post (#664) is deeply non-commital. It sort of throws shade at both Rest and myself in small degrees without actually coming to any sort of genuine and definite conclusion, and doesn't seek to push either of us further.

Pau: This is more of a nullread than a scumread, but Pau has 8 posts. Eight. That's less than Blargonaut and he's not even playing in our game. Obviously I understand real life concerns get in the way, but that has a limit, so I'm watching Pau more closely if not moved to act immediately.

Hagi: Almost exactly the same reasons as above. This level of town inactivity is deeply harmful - we can't tell if you're scum or not, which is a distraction we don't need, and if you die we don't learn anything (except that you weren't scum, which isn't useful at that point) because you didn't form any connections with other players.

VOTE: Makai

Mafia is not about PRs. The original game functions without PRs. If the PRs are critical to town's victory, it wasn't a well-designed game. The key and critical fundamental mechanic by which mafia works is giving reads. If nobody gives that, the game doesn't work. Makai is deliberately avoiding playing the game and has no good justification for this. He is either scum, or a town who is playing *actively* to the detriment of other town players. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending his Punishment.

Firstly, you are correct in saying that I've been hesitant to fully commit to my reads, the reason being that, after stupidly jumping on swamped's random bandwagon, I wanted to simply throw my thoughts out there without judging anyone too early. Being directly involved in the beginning of the kingkitty situation though I saw no other choice but to vote for him (and this was at a point where his posts weren't completely out there yet). But I have been pondering a lot over this vote, and at this point he is too all over the place for me to be comfortable sticking with it, at least for this first day. For the record, A Human Becoming still strikes me as odd but I've got something else on my mind right now.

I will now put forward a potentially dangerous theory. I am aware that my timing could make it seem like a deflection attempt, but I don't consider your opinion of me requiring that. If anyone else is suspicious of me I hope my previous explanations and upcoming argument speak for themselves.

You have been trying to establish yourself as a Hope leader type from the very beginning by aggressively poking a number of players for information, which is fair but also a rather easy thing to do. Meanwhile, throwing out meta nuggets any chance you get emphasizes your experience with the game, though for the most part I don't think they are that helpful to Hope at all. Special roles should be neither too quiet nor too loud, but what if they're pursuing an unusual strategy or Launchpad has put a game-changing twist into the roles? Scum should always keep a distance from each other, but what if they're exploiting this very assumption? How valuable is all this repeating of implied rules when Mafia is a highly dynamic social game where actively subverting these perceived rules can be a winning move? You say that this is typical, formulaic day 1 behavior (which is another meta post in itself), when at the same time you're constantly demanding much more from everybody else.

You did start sharing your own reads in some capacity, although exclusively going for low-hanging fruit in either the "no punishment" voters, the most inactive or the most inexperienced players, always with vague excuses for not delivering more. At first you focus entirely on Makai, then switch your vote to SalvaPot despite not being "happy at all with Makai's response, for reasons I'm going to go into slightly later" (which you haven't). You claim having "other priorities for the time being" but never elaborated on those, in fact after nothing but two more meta posts you're right back to Makai. Again despite being "by no means fully satisfied with Salva's response". You don't want to go into your town reads "in too much detail so early in the game", which would be fair when you hadn't actually not given any town reads whatsoever.

This being my first real game of Mafia I may lack the sense for the bigger picture. Perhaps when you say things like "slightly later" you don't mean in a couple of hours but in one or two game days, with a reasonable plan in mind. Regardless, right now I am simply not happy with a leader who demands others to put everything on the table and then keeps all the goods to himself.

I also don't think that, assuming Crab really was Despair, playing this way would be a huge gambit of any sort. Rather, with him being known as a talkative and experienced player, nothing would make him more suspicious than either suddenly going quiet or going in too hard on other high-profile players so early on. So from what I gather this would more or less be his natural playstyle regardless of affiliation.

And now, since I didn't get any new, convincing reads from the most recent pages, I might as well throw in my vote - not in hopes of getting a majority, but rather to finally commit to a read and push you further, Crab.

VOTE: Crab

I'm leaning more towards trusting Crab rather than Fran. Taking up the leader position can still be a possibility here but with the amount of information and play advice that Crab has been putting out for the entirety of Day 1 I'm more inclined to trust him than Fran, who hasn't done much except a few jabs at people here and there. But Crab is also arguably the most experienced person here and if anyone could pull this off it might just be Crab.

We got less than 2 hours until Day 1 is over and, honestly, I'm leaning towards a no lynch vote now. We now have 2 Power Roles out in the open and the last thing we need is to bully a 3rd or even 4th player into the open. I'm not even remotely confident in voting against anyone right now.

And yet despite all that solid advice, he set everything up pretty to almost lynch a Hope PR on D1. Makai role claimed though, and now Makai may simply be killed N1 to prevent any sort of investigation.

I'm sorry. I have lost any trust for Crab I had. But I don't think I'm persuasive enough to convince the rest of Hope to vote for him. Plus if he IS Hope, he's incredibly useful. So I'm going to give him some chances. But I'll be fucked if I'm going to follow anything he says for D1.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
You know, dispite everything that's happening, I still trust Crab. I think he's doing what should be done, and his reaction is contributing to keeping my trust. So I am not going to vote Crab, not yet.

You know, dispite everything that's happening, I still trust Crab. I think he's doing what should be done, and his reaction is contributing to keeping my trust. So I am not going to vote Crab, not yet.

Can you explain why?

Why does this:

You literally claimed that you were suspciious about Makai being a Hope PR. You claimed he was so obvious about it that Despair wouldnt even need to rolefish to figure it out. And yet you voted for him. And your vote means a lot considering you've been acting as town leader.

not bother you?

Now I don't think you're Despair for defending Crab. But can you please explain what the fuck he'd have to do to even make you turn your head and go "huh maybe he's not legit."?

Sawneeks

Banned
voting no lynch would be really bad

this day has been a clusterfuck and I can't make heads or tails of it

It's a clusterfuck and a half. I'm still just so completely uncertain now after Makai role claimed already. Like I said, we don't need a 3rd or 4th in the open for the Mafia to see and dog piling last minute could get people to reveal out of fear of being lynched.

And yet despite all that solid advice, he set everything up pretty to almost lynch a Hope PR on D1. Makai role claimed though, and now Makai may simply be killed N1 to prevent any sort of investigation.

I'm sorry. I have lost any trust for Crab I had. But I don't think I'm persuasive enough to convince the rest of Hope to vote for him. Plus if he IS Hope, he's incredibly useful. So I'm going to give him some chances. But I'll be fucked if I'm going to follow anything he says for D1.

The more I think about it, it does seem that way. Crab drills on people, everyone dog piles because of 'Leader', and then oops! power role reveal! It's still really risky for a Mafia play but weirder things have already happened so who the hell knows.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
As for CzarTim and Pau. I didn't look past the pages I quoted. I'm also less wary of Sawneeks than I am francop. Why are you defending them so much though?

Because we;re about to lynch now (in the next forty minutes) and there are other people I would rather lynch. That seems obvious.

Also yes, many voted for Makai. But the votes for him were split into two different timeframes. The ones before I made my post saying I thought he was a Hope PR, and the ones that you started despite apparently sharing my suspicions that he was a Hope PR.

You want me to focus only on post count, but that's a huge fucking blunder. You literally claimed that you were suspciious about Makai being a Hope PR. You claimed he was so obvious about it that Despair wouldnt even need to rolefish to figure it out. And yet you voted for him. And your vote means a lot considering you've been acting as town leader.

Nah bru. I suspected that there was something odd about Makai. That could mean he's a Hope PR, or it could mean he's a Despair PR. Surprisingly, the two are actually quite difficult to tell apart; both want to appear town-y while simultaneously not committing to much. That doesn't mean I know for definite which one, just that I suspect he is one of two.

HOWEVER, a Despair player knows full well he isn't a Despair PR - so they will *know* he is a (or is likely to be a) Hope PR. That's why I said Despair wouldn't need to rolefish - because they have the additional information Hope does not.

Finally, and most importantly, a vote does not mean I am going to lynch someone. It means I am considering lynching them at the present point in time. Sometimes, it's not even that - sometimes I just vote people to elicit reactions. In this case, I had a *number* of reasons to vote for Makai, all of which revolved around the key idea that I wanted him to actually play the game and not sit around doing nothing.

Acting as town leader D1 and getting us to all lynch our Hope PR investigator would actually be pretty safe for Despair to do. You can't be investigated and figured out if you can take out the investigator D1 or N1.

Yes, and then I'm chief lynch suspect. Mafia don;t win when they trade off 1 for 1 with Town, even if it IS Town PRs, simply because there's more town than Mafia. If I think Makai is Town PR, and I'm Despair, why do I try and lynch him? Why don't I kill him overnight? Especially because if he hadn't role-claimed, I could have been fairly confident nobody will be protecting him as he has been suspiscious all day.

Can you explain why ou voted for Makai despite claiming on the last page that you shared my initial suspicions that he is a Hope PR?

I already have, so you're not reading. See my response to CzarTim.

I'm going to trust crab on day 1, because this gamble (as I already posted in post 841) which is if he is trying the town leader and be scum, would be incredibly hard to do.

vote:vivioggi

You have been scummy in your posts, I'm not going to vote to evict someone who hasn't posted (as a human becoming is leaving the game) and It is just a gut feeling.

yet another reason why people should give reads instead of staying silent all day

I completely agree,

Terrabyte20xx

Can you explain why?

Why does this:

not bother you?

Now I don't think you're Despair for defending Crab. But can you please explain what the fuck he'd have to do to even make you turn your head and go "huh maybe he's not legit."?
The thing is Crab has been consistent with his thoughts and has maintained that consistency even through his above post explosion. What contradictions that are in his posts fit well into the margin of error when you consider the fact that we are still on day one and literally everything we think we know are assumptions and speculation based on gut feelings and lies.(because there definitely are lies.)

If his consistency fails at a latter day, you better believe I will be the first vote, but for now, I'm a believer.

Terrabyte20xx

I'm going to trust crab on day 1, because this gamble (as I already posted in post 841) which is if he is trying the town leader and be scum, would be incredibly hard to do.

You have been scummy in your posts, I'm not going to vote to evict someone who hasn't posted (as a human becoming is leaving the game) and It is just a gut feeling.

I completely agree,
Awesome! Care to post yours?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Firstly, you are correct in saying that I've been hesitant to fully commit to my reads, the reason being that, after stupidly jumping on swamped's random bandwagon, I wanted to simply throw my thoughts out there without judging anyone too early. Being directly involved in the beginning of the kingkitty situation though I saw no other choice but to vote for him (and this was at a point where his posts weren't completely out there yet). But I have been pondering a lot over this vote, and at this point he is too all over the place for me to be comfortable sticking with it, at least for this first day. For the record, A Human Becoming still strikes me as odd but I've got something else on my mind right now.

*JUDGING PEOPLE EARLY IS NOT BAD*

When you say "Hey, X, I think you're pretty scummy for reasons Y and Z", they then have to respond to you - they have to say "Well, hey, I did Y and Z because of P and Q", and then you go "huh, okay, that's fair, I'll judge someone else". It literally costs you nothing and you get free information.

If you want an example if this, see my interaction with SalvaPot. I said "Salva, I don't like how you don't say anything" (paraphrasing), and he said "Well, I'm still thinking, but so you can see I'm thinking, I actually suspect swamped", and then I can go "okay, that's a fair response", and switch to someone different (which is exactly what I did).

What was the end of that situation? We find out what Salva thinks about swamped, which could be useful later, and nobody got hurt.

Throwing out judgement to see how people respond is *the entire point of this game*. That's why I was pushing so hard on Makai earlier because it was so important he did that.

You have been trying to establish yourself as a Hope leader type from the very beginning by aggressively poking a number of players for information, which is fair but also a rather easy thing to do.

I mean, it's clearly not or more people would be doing it, but fine.

Meanwhile, throwing out meta nuggets any chance you get emphasizes your experience with the game, though for the most part I don't think they are that helpful to Hope at all.

I reject this categorically. If Makai actually followed my advice, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Special roles should be neither too quiet nor too loud, but what if they're pursuing an unusual strategy or Launchpad has put a game-changing twist into the roles? Scum should always keep a distance from each other, but what if they're exploiting this very assumption? How valuable is all this repeating of implied rules when Mafia is a highly dynamic social game where actively subverting these perceived rules can be a winning move? You say that this is typical, formulaic day 1 behavior (which is another meta post in itself), when at the same time you're constantly demanding much more from everybody else.

Sure, it's conceivable. It's also extremely unlikely this is something I would push from D1, because you can't push anti-meta for days and days and days because it becomes obvious that whatever the leader says is serially not working and then people lynch the leader. Maybe if I suddenly started doing this from a history of being quiet on D3, you'd have a point. As it is, these games last 9 DAYS. You are INSANE if you think that someone can keep up an anti-meta strat for 9 days. Not doable. I'm flattered if you think I'm that good, but really, no.

You did start sharing your own reads in some capacity, although exclusively going for low-hanging fruit in either the "no punishment" voters, the most inactive or the most inexperienced players, always with vague excuses for not delivering more.

No shit do I go for No Punishment and inactive voters. I've literally explained why. This early on, they are *the most damaging* to town's success.

At first you focus entirely on Makai, then switch your vote to SalvaPot despite not being "happy at all with Makai's response, for reasons I'm going to go into slightly later" (which you haven't). You claim having "other priorities for the time being" but never elaborated on those, in fact after nothing but two more meta posts you're right back to Makai.

My goal was to demonstrate to Makai how this routine is supposed to go: you push on someone, they give a response, information is attained, everyone moves on and is happy.

Again despite being "by no means fully satisfied with Salva's response". You don't want to go into your town reads "in too much detail so early in the game", which would be fair when you hadn't actually not given any town reads whatsoever.

Pro-tip: I already have guessed about three to four players I think are at least somewhat likely to be town PRs. I have also guessed a further pool of about four more players I think are almost guaranteed to be town. Do you think this is useful information to be made public? How do you think Despair will respond to this information?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Also, UNVOTE: VivviOggi for the time being, because I'm pretty satisfied with that as a response.

ViviOggi

Vivii I strongly suggest you read this and the last page.

Honestly I'm a bit embarrassed that I didn't catch onto the role thing at all until it was completely obvious as it would have made my argument one heck of a lot stronger. I can't reread all of Makai's posts right now but what I remember is feeling it'd just be too thick to play like that as an actual special role so I never paid it much thought. I can see Crab's hints at Makai now that he's explicitly pointing them out, but him still voting for him right until the role claim just doesn't make sense. Your argument is compelling in my eyes.

Just a reminder: day ends in under 4 hours, I wouldn't rely on tomorrow if there's anything you wanted to say/vote on
That's purely in care you weren't aware. Not asking you to post if it isn't safe to
Fuck, no I'm not despair, just an idiot it seems. Figures when I'd finally have time to devote to the game that the day would end.

sorry to hear that AB, hope all goes well!
AB give me your account log in and I'll post for you.
guys he did and his role pm says mafia
been saying that from the start

anti-town not to
<3

Got an hour and a half to actually read. Will get a vote / explanation up shortly.

Yes, and then I'm chief lynch suspect. Mafia don;t win when they trade off 1 for 1 with Town, even if it IS Town PRs, simply because there's more town than Mafia. If I think Makai is Town PR, and I'm Despair, why do I try and lynch him? Why don't I kill him overnight? Especially because if he hadn't role-claimed, I could have been fairly confident nobody will be protecting him as he has been suspiscious all day.

I believe you're talented enough where even if Makai had been punished and you led the bandwagon, you could have gotten away with it. "He played poorly, everyone suspected him, how was I supposed to know." You'd have been able to eliminate a Hope PR during D1, and then target goshujin or someone else during N1. Then possibly lead another bandwagon on Day3. A 3-0 trade best case scenario. 2-1 worst case.

As I said, I'm going to give some benefit of the doubt. I'm not voting for you this day. I just ask that everyone at least consider this exchange moving forward into the game. And if I do end up being right, I want my fucking kudos for calling it so early.

CzarTim

ok, like I just want to say this but I kinda dont feel great about voting out a newbie day one. I know it's just as likely that the scum team is all newbies but we're at a point in our community where I think discouraging newbies by immediately kicking them out and asking them to wait three months for new games is lame.

I will now be completely hypocritical and say I dont have a scum read on a vet. or at least not one strong enough to vote for yet. I just kinda feel bad about it

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
See, I'm interested now. I think it's implausible that mafia would necessarily bandwagon on to today's lynch, they simply don't need to. I think it's interesting Vivvi has moved on to me, because to an extent I am becoming the bandwagon. It may sound a little converse, but I don't think that's a play that will be made right now.

I'm now considering players that have been scrupulously *avoiding* the key wagons - kingkitty, then Rest, then Makai, then ViviOggi, then myself.

The key one that satnds out is kgtrep, who has managed to avoid every single major wagon so far, despite the fact there have been about five of them, surely enough that at least one would coincide with at leatst some person he suspected. It seems at least probable that you have to be actively avoiding them at this point.

VOTE: kgtrep

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
FTR, my votes will probably switch very quickly at this point (assuming people respond), because there is a lot to do and not much time.

kingkitty

I'm not that surprised we got another role claim. But I'm not like, super mad at makai or anything. Our little school will survive these hurdles...maybe.

I'm sticking with Rest for my vote. Does anyone have an update on the vote count?

I think we're heading for ties here?

I'm not that surprised we got another role claim. But I'm not like, super mad at makai or anything. Our little school will survive these hurdles...maybe.

I'm sticking with Rest for my vote. Does anyone have an update on the vote count?

I think we're heading for ties here?

Most current vote count is in the third OP

C
Awesome! Care to post yours?

I agreed with his assessment that silence is terrible on day one. I have posted analysis on high profile players, I tried to inch out a response from an underpostjng player but that didn't work out well (sorry a human). I posted essentially the same theory that cornburrito posted about crab and discounted it saying that it was too risky to work.

What exactly did you mean by your post?

Oh and

vote:terrabyte20xx

Because I can't think of anyone else and you fit your criteria as a middle of the road poster

ViviOggi

I can't get into multiquotes anymore so I'll make it short. I'll stress again that I'm coming around to your hints to Makai Crab, I was mostly oblivious to them. I don't see why Makai would play like that when it was clearly not working out for him only to go for the desperate role claim last minute. I still don't think I'm entirely off-base but I'll have to let it rest for now as your explanations do make a lot of sense.

Gotta find a new target quickly now

UNVOTE: Crab

Sawneeks

Banned
I'm now considering players that have been scrupulously *avoiding* the key wagons - kingkitty, then Rest, then Makai, then ViviOggi, then myself.

VOTE: kgtrep

kgtrep has been trying to get me pinned as Mafia for most of Day 1 without giving much of an explanation other than my 'association' with a few others but I don't see where your kgtrep = Mafia connection is coming from. Do you have any post(s) that are particular red flags? I'm not trying to defend him in any way but with everything up in the air as it is now knowing specifically why you are voting for this person last minute will help myself, and maybe others, make a decision.

That's less than Blargonaut and he's not even playing in our game.

6le2vHk.gif

#AnimalCrossing

Terrabyte20xx

C

I agreed with his assessment that silence is terrible on day one. I have posted analysis on high profile players, I tried to inch out a response from an underpostjng player but that didn't work out well (sorry a human). I posted essentially the same theory that cornburrito posted about crab and discounted it saying that it was too risky to work.

Oh and

Because I can't think of anyone else and you fit your criteria as a middle of the road poster
I meant exactly what I said: Care to post your reads as of right now?

And your vote seems odd, if you find me suspicious, shouldn't you discount my criteria?

Sawneeks

Banned
I should have put it in my post but with these last minute votes please explain why you are voting for said person and give evidence of scum posts if possible.

ViviOggi

I completely agree,
C

Oh and

These are coming in really quick and without much reasoning. Odd

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
kgtrep has been trying to get me pinned as Mafia for most of Day 1 without giving much of an explanation other than my 'association' with a few others but I don't see where your kgtrep = Mafia connection is coming from. Do you have any post(s) that are particular red flags? I'm not trying to defend him in any way but with everything up in the air as it is now knowing specifically why you are voting for this person last minute will help myself, and maybe others, make a decision.

Essentially: as a mafia, I very rarely have my vote on the person who gets lynched, because people suspect that. There are probably going to be 5 mafia in this game and 18 town; there's easily enough town to lead an all-town wrong lynch on someone, especially right now when it only takes about 3 votes because we're so divided. Right now, I would suspect someone who has managed to avoid every single major wagon, because they cover a diverse array of players that many people have fairly good reason to suspect. It seems implausible you couuld have not once voted for any of those players. So, that leads me to suspect kgtrep, who has done just that.

At this rate I might be forced to vote for someone else to prevent a tie, though, given we have 9 minutes.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Or rather, an hour and nine minutes because I can't do time zones. Hurr durr, ignore that.

*Splinter

I honestly have no idea what to do... For now, I'll pick out couple of your points Crab
Finally, and most importantly, a vote does not mean I am going to lynch someone. It means I am considering lynching them at the present point in time. Sometimes, it's not even that - sometimes I just vote people to elicit reactions.
You've been chewing on literally every vote that you felt was anything less than a straight accusation of a suspicious player, and now at the 11th hour you pull this "just because I voted for them doesn't mean I wanted to lynch them" shit. So which is it? Should we take information from your votes or only consider the votes of everyone except you?

I can't believe that you believe this paragraph. Why would Despair waste their night kill on a player who's already on the chopping block and why on earth do you assume that no one is going to use their night action on someone who has been "suspicious all day"?
I also disagree with the assertion that you'd be prime suspect. If Makai hadn't posted he almost certainly would have been lynched, and you'd have gotten away with it since, as you yourself have been telling us, Makai himself is 100% to blame

I can't believe that you believe this paragraph. Why would Despair waste their night kill on a player who's already on the chopping block and why on earth do you assume that no one is going to use their night action on someone who has been "suspicious all day"?
I also disagree with the assertion that you'd be prime suspect. If Makai hadn't posted he almost certainly would have been lynched, and you'd have gotten away with it since, as you yourself have been telling us, Makai himself is 100% to blame

Fucking EXACTLY.

Makai was setting himself up to be D1 lynched. Nobody would have blamed the people who voted for him. Hell, I was voting for him before his role claim.

Hagi

Really surprised that there has been another role reveal and we're still only on day 1. I'm having a lot of trouble getting a read on people I seem to be instinctively being drawn to Crabs posts more than others for information because he seems to know exactly what he's doing while I have no clue. This is a lot more serious than I was expecting.

To try and contribute some kgtrep has been trying to group me into a Despair team several times which I find a bit strange especially on day 1. Maybe It's because I'm an easy target because I haven't been able to post as much making me appear scummy or he's just grasping at straws and hoping by repeatedly mentioning it he'll get some people to divert their votes to me or whoever else he suspects I'm colluding with.

Here his first post mentioning me and my "team" #333 there's a high chance it's just a fishing tactic but I think it's worth mentioning anyway.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly have no idea what to do... For now, I'll pick out couple of your points Crab

You've been chewing on literally every vote that you felt was anything less than a straight accusation of a suspicious player, and now at the 11th hour you pull this "just because I voted for them doesn't mean I wanted to lynch them" shit. So which is it? Should we take information from your votes or only consider the votes of everyone except you?

Uh... no? I want accusations. You don't have to stick with accusations forever, they're not a binding contract. I just want to know thought processes. You'll notice that *every* time I voted someone, I explained exactly why.

Despair doesn't actually want to kill people in the day. They don't need to, misinformed townies will do it for them and then Despair players don't actually have to look bad. Read the SW or AC threads and work out just how often scum were on the lynch votes. It's not often.

Also, people use investigative roles on suspicious people, but not protective ones. Why do you protect people you don't trust?

No, because Makai could quite easily have posted a list of suspects. Then I look bad if I continue to vote for him when he's done what I wanted. You're creating this crazy dichotomy where Makai's options were role-claim or die. That's bullshit, he could have done a zillion other more useful things where he doesn't role-claim and also doesn't die.

Kalor

I come back from doing other stuff and the thread has gone crazy since Makais role claim.

Right now I'm not sure about sticking with my vote on Rest. I was having doubts when I voted for them in the first place but I stuck with it as I trusted my gut. However some other people stand out a lot more now than before.

It would be stupid for Despair to bandwagon against someone this early on. They have a forum to coordinate so I doubt they would make that mistake. Maybe Franconp or Swaneeks saw the vote and went with it but I doubt more than one of them is Despair.

Top Bottom