• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Sawneeks

Banned
Vote: Makai

I wasn't too sure on the whole argument against you for a while because I was focusing more on kitty/terra, but after going back and reading through every one of your posts so far I can really see why people are pinning you as being high on the 'possibly-mafia' list. So far everything you have said is very non-committal with 90%-ish of it being about probability or past games and statistics. You have enough comments to show that you are somewhat following things but yet you haven't put anything forward to suggest you have the Town in mind. No accusations, no thoughts on a majority of players or plays, and a lack of discussion about other in-game events other than 'power roles #445 power roles #450 power roles #783 PROBABILITY #660'. If you do make accusations towards people there isn't much follow up with them either or give no evidence as to why you accuse them. #836. What is really bothering me is you are not moving past your initial 'but POWER ROLES tho' stance and not fully elaborating on it and your lack of any defense for yourself with a good handful of people calling you out. It feels like you are just trying to slip by.

I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here and say it has been a not-so-great play at helping the Town but I want to hear your defense. Without references to past games/probability please.

If not, this will be my final vote for Day 1.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Sure I did. I do not like aggressive players and I have said so repeatedly. You and CzarTim are the most aggressive. Too many people consider you leaders and are giving you guys a pass because you are "experienced." Trust no1. However, I know that this is CzarTim's natural playstyle and probably yours too. CzarTim also said something I interpreted as a potential dogwhistle. I want to see what happens on night 1 before I declare one of you Despair.

Okay, so what will happen on Night 1 that would make sure that one of us is/is not Despair? What are you expecting from this night?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Not to pre-empt your answer too much, but here's the information we, as a town, get tonight: a) someone dies, b) more than one person dies, c) no-one dies. a)... doesn't help us know if someone is Despair or not if the person who died never said anything at all, because we can't draw any conclusions. b) tells us the same as c) but also there are extra killing roles, which is useful to know as a general piece of information but doesn't help us make any more specific choices in the short run. c) gives us no information *at all* other than that there's probably a protective role of some sort. None of these are very likely to give you specific information on who is likely to be Despair. The only way it does is if someone dies who talked a lot, pushed a lot of buttons, and we can see which buttons Despair wants to avoid being pushed... but that doesn't happen if you keep quiet and vote No Punishment.

So, what are you expecting to gain from this night? Like, please explain what actual piece of information you want.

franconp

I want to give the new player time to share in the game so I will change my vote to the most suspicious player.

Vote: makai

I have said a couple of times why.

Human, I hope you don't blame me. I really could not figure out if you were a master mafia or if you just had newbie jitters. I'm sorry if I made you not feel welcome in any way.

I'll switch my vote in a second gotta think on a vote now

*Splinter

Ah my last post to Human was dick-ish, sorry Human :(

I'm tempted by the Makai vote. I've mostly left other players to probe him so far, but the arguments against him are so strong at this point.

Since my vote is unlikely to be 'needed', I'll stick with my own suspicions for now.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ah my last post to Human was dick-ish, sorry Human :(

I'm tempted by the Makai vote. I've mostly left other players to probe him so far, but the arguments against him are so strong at this point.

Since my vote is unlikely to be 'needed', I'll stick with my own suspicions for now.

How about no. Make a vote, explain why.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, theoretically only one person's vote is needed given we have end-of-day plurality and people can abstain. Votes are not just for lynching people with, they're for pressuring people but also displaying what you yourself are currently thinking. If you're not voting, you're either not thinking or we can't know what you're thinking. Neither are good.

*Splinter

How about no. Make a vote, explain why.
My vote is on tera, I recently explained why. Makai is also highly suspect but there has been a very strong push on him mostly by players I don't particularly trust. Every accusation I've seen pointed at him has been well founded and poorly answered, but I don't want a vote that's based more on other people's opinions than my own.

My main suspect is tera, so I voted for him. Now at this point a vote for tera feels like a vote wasted, hence the undecided tone of my last post. I'm hoping Makai speaks up again so I can decide, but voting for him now feels like an unnecessary risk.

Unrelated to the game itself, but I tried writing a nifty little script in python that would scrawl through the page and count all the votes (as long as they were done in the proper format). I tested page 9 and kept getting a string of names that did not match what was on the page. Then I realized that my script somehow is doing 50ppp even though I'm on 100ppp. So it was doing page 9, when I should have had it do page 13 to get to the current last page.

Other than that it sort of works. But I haven't gotten it to display who made the post. And idk yet how to get the script to automatically search each page.

CzarTim

Unrelated to the game itself, but I tried writing a nifty little script in python that would scrawl through the page and count all the votes (as long as they were done in the proper format). I tested page 9 and kept getting a string of names that did not match what was on the page. Then I realized that my script somehow is doing 50ppp even though I'm on 100ppp. So it was doing page 9, when I should have had it do page 13 to get to the current last page.

Other than that it sort of works. But I haven't gotten it to display who made the post. And idk yet how to get the script to automatically search each page.

that'd be freaking amazing if you got it to work. nice job, dude

*Splinter

Does it ignore quoted votes?

Does it ignore quoted votes?

I want to say that it doesn't. I'm doing this piece by piece so for now I'm just trying to get it to recognize the votes posted on the page and who made them. Once I accomplish that I'm sure I could figure out some way to get it to ignore quoted votes.

I want to give the new player time to share in the game so I will change my vote to the most suspicious player.

Vote: makai

I have said a couple of times why.

Simply quoting this to see if my script counts quoted votes. It might possibly be easier to get it to ignore quoted bits than it is to get the poster who made the vote. I'll see.

Ty4on will be replacing A Human Becoming, effective immediately. I'll replace all of A Human Becoming's (and ANuclearError's) names with the new players later tonight.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I see your second post now, I guess you missed my conversation with Terabyte

Ah, I did, yes. I thought you meant you were going to retract your vote and do nothing. My apologies.

SalvaPot

Welcome Ty4on, remember to talk a lot and say nothing while doing so, its the best way to say.

For example, I want to eat potato salad because in the last game I was eating potato salad while playing and I was innocent, therefor I want to vote for blarg.

kgtrep

We are missing votes from AbsolutBro, TL21xx, and Ty4on. The latter two, I can understand, since they are new. AbsolutBro, you should make a vote.

Ty4on

welcome Ty4on, we only bite a little.

I followed this thread and see we only have four hours left. I also know the person I'm replacing didn't post much. Right now I can't make a large post, but I'll try to make one as quickly as possible. I'm pro lynch BTW.

Pau

Welcome Ty4on, remember to talk a lot and say nothing while doing so, its the best way to say.
And if no one responds to your responses after calling you out, have a conversation with yourself to increase your post count.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

For example, I want to eat potato salad because in the last game I was eating potato salad while playing and I was innocent, therefor I want to vote for blarg.

That's exactly what the real mafia would say!

Oh yeah, we must all be taking this really srs bsns for no one to have commented on that gif.
Surely I cannot be the only one who has seen that GIF before?

AB and Barry where are you two, come out and play
I am trying to make sure I dont get fired. We got new management in and she seems to be gunning for me for some fucking reason. I am trying to keep my head down, which sadly means my time for messing around on my phone is extremely limited. Hoping things settle down soon, or Im going to have to hire a lawyer because this is insanity. Id make a "hostile work environment" joke ala Archer, but it is decidedly less funny when it is actually happening to you.

I was leaning on voting on either you or Makai, but after that brief exchange with kgtrep, I am changing my mind. Your post here further reassures me that you are likely to have Hope alignment, in terms of your intentions. True, a No Punishment vote may be detrimental in terms of generating information, but as a player, you seem to faithfully believe that a No Punishment vote is the best choice for Hope for Day 1. Time will tell if you are right.

In the meanwhile, my vote goes to AbsolutBro.

Vote: AbsolutBro

As I have stated in my longer post, AbsolutBro’s only vote was against kingkitty, who was an easy target for the lynch. Later, he unvoted kingkitty, returning his voting state to Null. This is not helpful for Hope, particularly since we are running rather close to the close of Day 1.

Furthermore, I feel this player is under-performing, from the comments made by our fellow players, and I hope that this inactivity is not a ploy of some sort.

This will likely be my final post for Day 1. I am going away for a couple of days, but I should be back in time for Day 2.
Couple problems with this.

1. I was the first person to vote for KingKitty, which means he wasnt an "easy target" at the time. It's not like I was dog, er... cat-piling on him.

2. IRL crap will, unfortunately, get in the way. More than that though, basing your opinion and expectations of me on other players' perception of me from previous games is well, pretty baseless. Im sorry Im not living up to your expectations of other players' perceptions of me.

Thats probably crankier than I mean it to be, but I gotta get out of here. (Here being my office). I am working from home tomorrow, so as long as work isnt trying to crawl on my nuts through the power of the internet, I should be more available. Maybe.

*Splinter

Surely I cannot be the only one who has seen that GIF before?

I am trying to make sure I dont get fired. We got new management in and she seems to be gunning for me for some fucking reason. I am trying to keep my head down, which sadly means my time for messing around on my phone is extremely limited. Hoping things settle down soon, or Im going to have to hire a lawyer because this is insanity. Id make a "hostile work environment" joke ala Archer, but it is decidedly less funny when it is actually happening to you.

Couple problems with this.

1. I was the first person to vote for KingKitty, which means he wasnt an "easy target" at the time. It's not like I was dog, er... cat-piling on him.

2. IRL crap will, unfortunately, get in the way. More than that though, basing your opinion and expectations of me on other players' perception of me from previous games is well, pretty baseless. Im sorry Im not living up to your expectations of other players' perceptions of me.

Thats probably crankier than I mean it to be, but I gotta get out of here. (Here being my office). I am working from home tomorrow, so as long as work isnt trying to crawl on my nuts through the power of the internet, I should be more available. Maybe.
Just a reminder: day ends in under 4 hours, I wouldn't rely on tomorrow if there's anything you wanted to say/vote on

So far Rest and Makai are leading the polls. I personally want to stick with Rest, but I'd also like to eliminate any chance of a tie. So I will hop on to the current bandwagon and

*Splinter

So far Rest and Makai are leading the polls. I personally want to stick with Rest, but I'd also like to eliminate any chance of a tie. So I will hop on to the current bandwagon and

There is no reasonable chance of a tie. 3 hours to go and plenty of people on that won't let that happen

Top Bottom