• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man Seeking Woman Season 2 |OT| Wednesdays on FXX (renewed for S3!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

0PeAb3h.png

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/man-seeking-woman/about

Man Seeking Woman is back with a surreal new season about the life-and-death stakes of dating. This season “Josh Greenberg” (Jay Baruchel) will
soldier through foolish texts, awkward dates, cloning disasters, man-on-car sex, hundreds of deaths, and worst of all, a love triangle with his best friend.

The series also stars Eric Andre (The Eric Andre Show) as “Mike,” Josh’s confident and daring best friend; and Britt Lower (Unforgettable) as “Liz,” Josh’s intimidating older sister.

Extended Trailer

Uf9teq8.png

Teasers:

Opportunity
The Saturn
Kyle
Overpass
Killing It
Getting Around

4n3fbxo.jpg

YHhDyhT.gif
zw0WiM9.gif

nJoyPEk.gif

YDn92N4.gif

Season 1

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
The first season is one of the funniest and smartest things I've ever seen. The Side Swiped video has convinced me season 2 will be just as good. Hail Trackanon.

I would be really surprised. If the newer seasons of IASIP are going from blu-ray back to DVD, I doubt this show would get a blu-ray release.

It's been released on Amazon and Hulu already for streaming.

Its Always Sunny doesn't really need Blu-ray. This show is so visually distinct that you'd think they might go for it. Granted, it's also no Fargo.

I enjoyed the first season but kinda shocked this got a second. Didn't it do really poor ratings wise? And if I remember correctly the critial reviews were only so so

Rembrandt

Banned
I enjoyed the first season but kinda shocked this got a second. Didn't it do really poor ratings wise? And if I remember correctly the critial reviews were only so so

I think the critical reviews started picking up as the season progressed. FX seems to keep shows that get good reviews but okay ratings. It has a 81% on rotten tomatoes.

Quick

Banned
Just last week, I was thinking about some of my favourite TV shows from 2015 and neglected to mention Man Seeking Woman. Now that I think about it, some good stuff is coming out in the next couple of months. Man Seeking Woman S2, Agent Carter S2, Portlandia S6 (I need to catch up), and Broad City S3 in February just to name a few.

Very good early-2016, I think.

This show is amazing. I had to check out everything Eric Andre has done after this. Rick and Morty, Man Seeking Woman, and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia are my favourite comedy shows right now.

Wish there was a blu ray release for UK.

- Boston Globe review:
Baruchel, along with Andre, brings a humanity to the intellectual trickery that it might otherwise lack — not terribly unlike what J.D. and Turk did on “Scrubs.” Josh and Mike are both sympathetic and everyman-esque, and their lives as single 20-somethings in the city are familiar and grounded in what we’ve already seen so many times before on popular sitcoms such as “Friends” and “How I Met Your Mother.” While “Man Seeking Woman” dazzles with its ingenious set pieces, it also manages to work as an emotionally engaging narrative.
- We Got This Covered:
Refreshing in its erudite lunacy and somehow relatable amid all of the flights of fancy, Man Seeking Woman may be the best televised representation of millennial, twenty-something anguish so far this decade. 4.5 out of 5 stars

- Variety review:
Refreshing in its silliness as well as its commitment to offend, “Man Seeking Woman” crams a lot into each half-hour episode, sometimes to its detriment. On the whole, though, this FXX comedy (a castoff from its flagship network), culled from author-creator Simon Rich’s short stories, departs from many of today’s more-admired comedies in its steadfast determination to be funny, incorporating wild, cartoon-like flights of fancy into the narrative. Not everything works, but the previewed episodes again establish this as a series with a singular vision, elevating the indignities of dating to an epic level.

- Collider: ‘Man Seeking Woman’ Season 2 Review: FXX’s Comedy Remains Smart, Surreal
Most of all, Man Seeking Woman Season 2 has proven (so far) that it still is finding plenty of ways to keep its stories and perspectives fresh and unique as it explores the relatable nature of Josh’s dating follies. And that’s a good thing, because no matter how extreme or supernatural or weird it becomes, it never drifts away from being sharply perceptive, terrifically fun, and surprisingly real.

Oh buddha, the commercial literally uses the "how far videogames has come" meme.

I can totally relate to that "friend has a girlfriend and won't be able to hang out anymore" hah

Lol, that meeting was great. The cabin is also great with all the inside jokes and tagging along.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I just watched the episode. It was pretty good. Not as funny as some from last season, but the last bit was great.

Dereck

The undead lumberjack reminded me of something I would have seen in Scary Movie.

The episode was meh until the daughter thing which was completely unexpected. I like the parody of the "getting to know the standoffish teenager better" thing, it was brief and that was good.

I'm surprised at how much they squeezed into one episode, I felt like I was watching a movie.

Doesn't seem like they learned much from last season, still a pretty uneven show. When it hits, it hits, but when it doesn't it's pretty groan-worthy (if it elicits a reaction at all). I enjoy the show and love that it exists, I just wish it was as strong as I know it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom