• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

Sorian

Banned
dgaip64.jpg

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum
Amount of players: 21
Crab Scale: 7/10
Game Mod: Sorian

ani-judge-gavel.gif

"Order! Order in the court!"
The courtroom was actually empty today of spectators due to the rushed nature of this case but the judge was used to his routine and after the heated back and forth that had just occurred, he knew the gallery would be going wild.
On one side, a man in a blue suit with a smug look on his face and on the other, an obviously defeated older gentlemen who's hair had just blown away from the force of his crushing defeat. And at the witness stand stood a young man in an orange jacket, obviously confused at the proceedings.
"Mr Wright, I will admit that I still can't believe what has happened in this case but I do know one thing. This court finds the defendant, Larry Butz....
PWAA_notguilty.gif

"We'll save on the confetti today. That is all. This court is adjou----
With a slam, the doors to the courtroom flew open as a scruffy detective ran in.
"Your honor, I'm sorry to interrupt, but Mr. Edgeworth has asked that everyone come to courtroom 4. A body was found in the courthouse and we've locked the building down. He thinks the killer is still here in the building!"
As they entered courtroom 4, they found an old woman laying on the ground. A single stab wound in her back.
Wendy Oldbag has died.
Welcome!

You are Wendy Oldbag, The Victim

Your role is Vanilla Town

A chatty old woman who has found her way into being a witness in more cases than anyone else ever. She has, unfortunately (maybe fortunately?), met her demise here in the courthouse today.

You do not have any actions, but you may judge your peers in the court of law (which means you can vote).

You win when all non-town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one town player still alive.

---

Player List:
1. Barrylocke [m] - Died N1
2. Bowlie [m] - Died N2
3. CornBurrito [m] - Died N4
4. Crimsonfist [m] - Died N3
5. EzekelRAGE [m] - Died D7
6. Hipster Cthulhu [m] flatearthpandas [m] - Died D8
7. Kalor [m] - Died D1
8. Matt Attack [m] - End Gamed
9. QuantumBro [m] Drago [m] SalvaPot [m] - Died D3
10. Redfalco [m] - Died N8
11. Ri'Orius [m] - Died N2
12. RobotNinjaHornets [m] - Died N1
13. roytheone [m] - Died N3
14. ScraftyDevil [f] - Died N6
15. squidyj [m] - Died D6
16. StanleyPalmtree [m] - Died D4
17. StarSketch [f] - Died N5
18. TheGoddamn [m] - Died D5
19. TheWorthyEdge [m] - Died D2
20. Xamtheking [m]
21. Zubz [m] - Died N7

---

Sorian

Banned
Fundamental
1. All site-wide rules are also applicable here. Please do not tarnish this community.
2. Unless your Role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, discussion about this game is strictly confined to this thread.
3. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not quote or posts screen-shots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. Obviously this is a grey area, but please try and play sportingly.
4. Within reason, you are allowed to lie about any game material or game-related conversations that could conceivably have appeared outside this thread (such as the content of role PMs or private chats allowed by a role). If unsure whether a lie is reasonable, please ask the game-runner.
5. Do not refer or discuss to player activity in other forum threads or life in general beyond the game.
6. The player list includes the preferred personal pronoun of each player. Please try to use the correct pronoun.
7. Please be nice to your fellow players. Mafia can be a tense experience, and occasionally aggressive play is useful, but remember this is game and that everyone should have fun.

Activity and Deadlines
8. Treat this game as a commitment. Remember that other players' fun is dependent on your participation; this game only works if you remain reasonably active.
9. If you do not post in this thread at least once per Day Phase period without prior permission, you will be sent a PM requesting you respond immediately (a "prod"). If you do not respond to a prod by the end of the following Night Phase, you will be replaced.
10. If you need an extended period of absence for some other issues in life, please notify the game-runner by PM in advance. Leave of up to one Day and Night Phase (seven days) is possible.
11. If you expect to be unable to post for a period of 7 days, please notify the game-runner by PM so that you can be replaced in good time - we're sad to see you go, but other players need to be able to continue to play.
12. Each Day Phase will last 4 days. Day Phases officially begin when the game-runner notifies players in the game thread, and end exactly 96 hours later (by NeoGAF post time-stamps).
13. Each Night phase will last 3 days. Night Phases officially begin when the game-runner notifies players in the game thread, and end exactly 72 hours later (by NeoGAF post time-stamps).
14. If a Phase ends and the game-runner has not received an action PM from a player with a relevant action, then that Phase will end with that that player making no action.
14.1 In the event of a day ending with no player having a plurality of the votes, then the game will proceed to the next night phase with nobody lynched ("no-lynch").
15. Game-runners may change the length of Phases at their discretion. However, they will inform players at the start of the equivalent Phase before (i.e., if Day 7 is set to be shortened, players will be told no later than the start of Day 6).

Voting, Lynching, and Death
17. For your vote to count, it must be presented in the following format: VOTE: <playername>, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.
18. To remove a vote from a player, you must present in the following format: UNVOTE: <playername>, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text. It is not necessary to unvote before casting new vote for a different player; unvoting is simply to remove a vote without casting a new one.
19. Players may use VOTE: No Lynch to end the Day Phase without a lynch ("No Lynch"). It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.
21. Once someone has received a majority of the available votes, the day ends with the Lynch of that player or a No Lynch (whichever applies). Once this has happened, any further votes or unvotes that Phase will not be counted, and the Night Phase will begin shortly.
22. Some roles take place between the end of the Day Phase and the start of the Night Phase, so game-runners may allow a short period of time for this "Twilight Phase". Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not make any game-related posts during the Twilight Phase.
23. Once you are dead, you are dead: you may no longer discuss the game in ANY manner with ANY of the remaining players. Dead players may PM the game-runner one last message for the other players (a "Will"), which the game-runner will post on their behalf in the thread. The sole condition is that it contains NO game-relevant information, e.g. "Thanks guys for an excellent game!" is allowed, "My partner was John!" is not.

The Dead Thread
24. To allow dead players to freely discuss the game with other dead players, a secret thread hast been created at Outer Gafia.
25. On death, a player may request access to the dead thread for season 5, or they may join the replacement list for the other games. They may not do both. If a player opted to join the replacement list, they may change their mind, but players who have a link to the other Dead Threads cannot act as replacements.
26. The Dead Thread will also be made available to non-players, provided they have played in at least one GAF mafia game before in which they did not go inactive. These non-players will also be disbarred from the replacement list.

Other
27. Outside of votes and explicit allowances made by role PMs, the use of the highlight tag is strictly the game-runner's prerogative.
28. Do not edit your posts. If you are a repeat offender, a replacement will be sought.
29. Do not use the email tags to hide extra content in your posts.
30. Do not use any type of cipher to make posts that are unreadable to other parties.
31. A list of the votes so far (a "Vote Count") can be requested by contacting any game-runner or game-tutor. There will also be a link in post three to the current count, when it is available.
31. Game-runners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes, and changes will be consistent across games.
32. In general, do not try and exploit loop-holes in the rules.
33. Completed GAF games are often read by people thinking of signing up in the future. As such, please keep your avatar spoiler free - it should not allude to your role or alignment.

Sorian

Banned
Game Specific Rules:

-Current vote count can always be found here

-I will try to post a new vote count in thread near the top of every 100ppp page.

-I allow self voting

-This game uses simple majority. Once 50% of the available votes has been surpassed, the current day phase will end with the lynch of the player holding those votes.

-This game will drop to 72 hour day phases and 48 hour night phases when the player count reaches 10 players or less. This game will drop to 48 hour day phases and 24 hour night phases when the player count reaches 5 players or less.

-Possible roles for this game involve anybody introduced in the original trilogy and the Apollo Justice game.

-Just because I use a character in the flavor does not mean anything about that specific role. Please remember that flavor is just flavor.

---

Day 1 Start
Day 1 End
Day 2 Start
Day 2 End
Day 3 Start
Day 3 End
Day 4 Start
Day 4 End
Day 5 Start
Day 5 End
Day 6 Start
Day 6 End
Day 7 Start
Day 8 Start
Game End

Sorian

Banned
All role PMs are officially out. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to PM me. If you did not receive a role PM then please contact me privately immediately.

Also, please let me know if I got anyone's pronoun wrong up above. I believe they are all right but you never know.

Have fun stewing on your roles for the next few days! Day 1 will begin when the timer above hits 0.

Edit: Also role PMs went out in alphabetical order which is why Xam is complaining above. Don't try to look into the order of PMs sent.

Cant wait to see PW starts!

Great mix of vets and newbies :D

RNH, Barrylocke, QuantumBro and Kalor are from the very first season's vets, I think *____* o7

.... and of course, this is the game with the most new comers for this season :> ALWAYS excited to see new people get bitten by the GAFIA bug ^____^

*bounces*

why isnt it 13th februaru already >:O

RetroMG

7. Please be nice to your fellow players. Mafia can be a tense experience, and occasionally aggressive play is useful, but remember this is game and that everyone should have fun.

HELLO?

YES, THIS IS GAME.

SHAAAAAAAME. SHAAAAAAAAAME.

If you like Ghost Trick you really should play Phoenix Wright. The first three are the same writer, might be the first four.

Echoing the sentiments below, seriously
There is actually a very good reason for me playing Ghost Trick but not Phoenix Wright
I do not own a DS and the only time I ever played Ghost Trick was the demo level on the IOS version.
I am a casual scrub.

roytheone

But the Phoenix Wright games are also on IOS

I recently found out they also got ported to the PC! But those PC versions never got out of Japan for some bizarre reason. With the recent flood of these types of games getting released on steam, I wouldn't be surprised if they would finally bring those versions over.

Top Bottom