• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community S4 |OT| I Remember When This Show Was About Community College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariolee

2oBxLn5.png

2VpQVHK.png

8qgDRcg.png
JXyDrVt.png

7PJ1ZCq.png
G79Ny8k.png

lZNUMm3.png
0zG9lpv.png

aBmw8MS.png
YbU2Pof.png

IfL0IGP.png

October 19th
Holiday Sneak Peak
Sneak Peak #2
Season 4 First Look
Changnesia
Thursday Night Remix

XgauwUl.png

Most of the Pictures You See Here

IZVwTGq.png

4x01 - History 101 - 2/7/13 said:
The Study Group returns from summer break ready to tackle their fourth year of Community College. Jeff is particularly focused on graduating and is just a few credits away. When there is a mix-up with a history class registration, Dean Pelton institutes an elaborate physical competition for class space. Meanwhile, Britta helps Abed deal with the anxiety he is experiencing over the thought of the study group graduating and breaking up.
4x02 - Paranormal Parentage - 2/14/12 said:
THE STUDY GROUP MAKES AN UNEXPECTED TRIP TO PIERCE’S MANSION ON HALLOWEEN – While on their way to Vicki’s (Danielle Kaplowitz) Halloween costume party, the study group makes a detour to Pierce’s (Chevy Chase) mansion when they learn he accidentally locked himself in his panic room. As Pierce languishes behind locked doors, the group searches the dark and eerie house for the book that holds the code to the door. Along the way they encounter a few of the house’s secrets. Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Alison Brie, Yvette Nicole Brown, Danny Pudi, Donald Glover and Jim Rash also star.
4x03 - Conventions of Space and Time" - 2/21/13 said:
THE STUDY GROUP VENTURES TO THE INSPECTOR SPACETIME CONVENTION – MATT LUCAS AND TRICIA HELFER GUEST STAR – In support of Troy and Abed, the study group heads to InspecTiCon– the annual Inspector Spacetime Convention. Trouble begins when the group meets up with Abed's email "pen-pal," Toby Davies (guest star Matt Lucas, "Little Britain," "Bridesmaids"), whose shared passion for Inspector Spacetime comes between Abed and Troy. Meanwhile, Annie leaves the convention floor to enjoy the luxuries of the hotel while Jeff relaxes in the bar with Lauren, an Inspector Spacetime fan (Tricia Helfer, "Battlestar Galactica").
4x04 - Alternative History of the German Invasion - 2/28/13 said:
THE STUDY GROUP DIVES INTO HISTORY 101 – CHANG RETURNS TO GREENDALE – MALCOLM MCDOWELL GUEST STARS – After losing out in registration for "The History of Ice Cream," the study group begins their European History class with Professor Noel Cornwallis (Malcolm McDowell, "Entourage," "Franklin & Bash"). To make matters worse, the group encounters the return of the arrogant German students from last season, which Jeff (Joel McHale) and Shirley (Yvette Nicole Brown) faced over the foosball table. Meanwhile, much to Dean Pelton’s (Jim Rash) dismay, Chang (Ken Jeong) makes his return to campus.
4x05 - Cooperative Escapism in Familial Relations said:
Shirley (Yvette Nicole Brown) hosts an awkward gathering at her place with the study group, while Jeff winds up at the house of his father, whom he hasn’t seen since he was a kid, and a different kind of discomfort ensues.
4x06 - Advanced Documentary Filmmaking said:
As the campus strives to get to the bottom of Chang’s memory loss, Dean Pelton enlists the group to help secure a grant for further medical research and Abed films the activities for a documentary. Jeff, however, suspects there is more to Chang’s memory loss than meets the eye.
4x07 - Economics of Marine Biology said:
THE STUDY GROUP HELPS DEAN PELTON GO AFTER A WEALTHY POTENTIAL STUDENT – SHIRLEY AND TROY TACKLE PHYSICAL EDUCATION ‘EDUCATION’ – Dean Pelton (Jim Rash) sets his sights on "whale" (otherwise known as a wealthy potential student) and enlists Jeff (Joel McHale), Britta (Gillian Jacobs) and Annie (Alison Brie) to help in his recruiting efforts. Pierce (Chevy Chase) finds out and is incensed. Meanwhile, Abed (Danny Pudi) begins a new Greendale fraternity, while Troy (Donald Glover) and Shirley (Yvette Nicole Brown) begin a physical education instruction class, in which Shirley excels… and Troy struggles. Ken Jeong also stars.
4x08 - Herstory of Dance said:
When Dean Pelton plans a "Sadie Hawkins" dance at Greendale, Britta plans a competing "Sophie B. Hawkins" dance in protest, but the joke is on Britta who has confused Sophie B. Hawkins with Susan B. Anthony.
4x09 - Intro to Felt Surrogacy said:
The study group takes a wild balloon ride that crash lands in the woods, and they end up spending some quality time together with a friendly mountain man (Jason Alexander, "Seinfeld").
4x10 - Intro to Knots said:
Jeff organizes a lovely holiday gathering at his apartment, but Annie secretly invites Professor Cornwallis (recurring guest star Malcolm McDowell), to get in his good graces. When it becomes apparent that Professor Cornwallis intends to give them a bad grade on their joint history paper, the atmosphere quickly deteriorates, and the group takes decisive action.
4x11 - Basic Human Anatomy said:
When Annie and Shirley learn that Leonard is actually holding the spot as the class valedictorian, they join forces to bring him down. Meanwhile, Troy and Abed reminisce about one of their favorite body switching films, and when they inadvertently re-enact a critical scene, things start becoming a little funky at Greendale.
4x12 - Heroic Origins said:
Convinced that the study group was destined to meet, Abed (Danny Pudi) pieces together everyone's past -- revealing that their lives have always been intertwined; Chang (Ken Jeong) tries to destroy Greendale once and for all. Joel McHale, Chevy Chase, Gillian Jacobs, Alison Brie, Yvette Nicole Brown, Donald Glover and Jim Rash also star.
4x13 - Advanced Introduction to Finality said:
JEFF CONTEMPLATES GRADUATION FROM GREENDALE - THE STUDY GROUP GRAPPLES WITH THE RETURN OF THE DARK TIMELINE - Jeff achieves enough credits to graduate and contemplates graduation - and beyond. Meanwhile, the study group revisits the "darkest timeline".

Will try to update OP as much as possible before and during the season!

Grisby

Awesome. I caught up over summer/August on the whole series. Can't wait to start watching with GAF.

I remember when this show had promise. A completely wasted premise thrown away on what essentially boils down to a moderately funny live action cartoon.

I'll celebrate Chevy being gone, even if this is the last we see of Community (thought NBC has been whiffing with most of their new shows this year so.. maybe just maybe?).

Bring Chang into the fold and level his character out a bit and we're golden.

Mariolee

I'll celebrate Chevy being gone, even if this is the last we see of Community (thought NBC has been whiffing with most of their new shows this year so.. maybe just maybe?).

That's what I've been thinking. They're already slashing 30 Rock and the Office. This is the only hope Parks and Rec and Community have for returning next season.

ivysaur12

Banned
Chevy is still a regular for 11 episodes season, he's just not in the last 2 produced episodes this season (though he's still in the finale because they shot that as 411).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That's what I've been thinking. They're already slashing 30 Rock and the Office. This is the only hope Parks and Rec and Community have for returning next season.

With Up All Night re-inventing itself, and the only new sitcom looking to survive is The New Normal, Community might stick around some more.

dude

dude
Pierce was one of the weaker characters anyway. I mean, I'd miss him, but the sow can still run without him. Not that it matters since I really doubt we'll see season 5.

Pierce definitely was weak.. but I have the distinct feeling he was kept that way because of Chevy. It's got to be hard to deal with that kind of attitude and willingly develop his character to make him more interesting and integral to the product.

Fey

Banned
Excited for this, even though I was very disappointed by the third season. Mainly watching for the Dean, Jeff, Annie, and occasionally Britta. Love those characters.

gabbo

Pierce definitely was weak.. but I have the distinct feeling he was kept that way because of Chevy. It's got to be hard to deal with that kind of attitude and willingly develop his character to make him more interesting and integral to the product.

From what I've heard/read, he didn't like how Pierce ended up anyway, so it's all really a 'what could have been'.

So what happens after this season? Are they all going for a 5th year of College?

Well they could always hold them back another year due to Ben Chang not having the proper qualifications. But I think the purpose of last year having a lot of stuff outside of the study room was to sort of segway into the group being friends outside of school.

1-D_FTW

That and the fact he's got no range. Seriously, his movies are all the same exact schtick. And unfortunately, whatever charm it may have had it the 80s, has long since passed.

Tuck

This show has gotten really weird. I guess thats kind of a good thing but I also kind of miss the show it used to be. Either way, itll be great.

Quick

Banned
This show has gotten really weird. I guess thats kind of a good thing but I also kind of miss the show it used to be. Either way, itll be great.

I was just watching the drugs episode, where Annie stages a play for kids, with the subplot being Britta and her nephew incest. That was funny/weird.

Compared to season 3, that's pretty tame.

Murrah

Banned
Whoa, despite how long it's been the fourth season still managed to sneak up on me, had no idea it was OT time already. Count me in as sorta jacked; season 3 had the lowest lows and the highest highs for me, and I'm still willing to give it a chance despite all the behind the scenes changeups. Just give me more Dean, he became hands down the funniest character last season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom