• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive rolls into E3 on a giant, epic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
...bus!

Giant Fizzie, awesome bus, epic gameplay reveal, 8-player co-op. Is there anything Sunset Overdrive is doing that isn't incredible?

exotic-express.jpg

Insomniac taking notes I see

RE_Player

Giant Fizzie, awesome bus, epic gameplay reveal, 8-player co-op. Is there anything Sunset Overdrive is doing that isn't incredible?
The game, especially the grinding aspect, continues to look slow for my taste from all the footage we've seen. I hope they can speed it up.

.la1n

Well done Insomniac, got a few chuckles out of me especially the sitting at home watching the internet line towards the end.

"So that one day you can tell your grandchildren that when the revolution began you were sitting at home looking at the internet."

If this game knocks it out of the park it'll be the first game I buy and play on Xbox one. It might even get me to jump in earlier than my 2015 plans.

Superflat

"Rules are meant to be exploded"? EEeeeeeeeehhhh...

Started off pretty funny but got progressively worse towards the end.

Nice looking bus though! Can't wait for demo/live footage of the game at E3.

Sami+

Something about this game's vibe kind of rubs me the wrong way, but I'm glad so many people seem to enjoy it regardless.

Amir0x

Banned
The game, especially the grinding aspect, continues to look slow for my taste from all the footage we've seen. I hope they can speed it up.

With the gunplay you have to have a handle on while you're grinding, I'd say it's going to be plenty fast as it is. We'll see though... hands on explains all things.

I don't think I've ever witnessed Amir0x giddy about anything. Is the world about to end?

I know I'm known for my criticisms, but I love gaming for a reason. For example, any mention of Earthbound sends me into near-orgasmic fits of joy. I love Tomb Raider Guardian of Light. Tearaway. Mirror's Edge. I love the experimentation of indie games. I love a lot of things.

It's just more interesting to discuss things that are wrong with stuff, because I enjoy analyzing ways things can improve :p

Amir0x

Banned
Humor.

Between this and Wildstar I don't think I can take video games trying to have an attitude.

is this an attitude? Seems like just over-the-top satire and gamer wank humour. I dunno, it doesn't bother me. And it shines through sometimes - like in the rad respawns

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Just wow. Only counting hours now. Hope to see more multiplayer detail on this.

gorfyako

Banned
I love how Microsoft is really pushing Sunset Overdrive. Probably because it's the only exclusive they have this year, but still awesome to see them taking Insomniac seriously. Here's hoping that the game is great (and that it eventually comes to PC).

Sami+

Did you not think this video was funny? I thought it was great, if the game has humour like that then I will be happy.

I'm not him, but I thought the video was kind of cringey, despite chuckling at a few things. The game's humor doesn't really appeal to me either, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom