• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive rolls into E3 on a giant, epic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
exotic-express.jpg

Insomniac taking notes I see
Insomniac definitely are not lemons.

Amir0x

Banned
do we really need to get bogged down once more in this same discussion. this game may be good, it may not be for some. I think it looks rad; so do many others. But this is just about the bus :p

RedAssedApe

Banned
do we really need to get bogged down once more in this same discussion. this game may be good, it may not be for some. I think it looks rad; so do many others. But this is just about the bus :p

i dont think the bus or this video was rad lol

I love how Microsoft is really pushing Sunset Overdrive. Probably because it's the only exclusive they have this year, but still awesome to see them taking Insomniac seriously. Here's hoping that the game is great (and that it eventually comes to PC).

Forza Horizon 2 and Halo say hi.

Amir0x

Banned
i dont think the bus or this video was rad lol

Well now that's a discussion! Do you not think this is good marketing for the game at all? Like, won't it create decent buzz?

Seriously! I know you had room in the title for the word bus, Amirox.

of course. i just thought saying it was a bus would make it boring. This way people have a little lame surprise inside! :p

Betty

Banned
Well now that's a discussion! Do you not think this is good marketing for the game at all? Like, won't it create decent buzz?

Only if the bus comes crashing through Microsofts E3 wall and announces there's a free demo of the game available to all Xbox One owners.

Forza Horizon 2 and Halo say hi.

Something something on other platforms something something

But yeah let's be real here, Forza Horizon 2 and H2A (If that's real, which I'm pretty certain it is at this point) are some pretty damn nice exclusives. I'm also extremely biased towards Horizon 2 though, since that was my GOTY when it came out

chugen

lol some people here.

funny vid, can't wait to see more of the game especially the 8 people coop thing

Amir0x

Banned
I know that....I am just saying it is overplayed.

what would you have, a bunch of neon dayglow rollerskaters dancing around the stage? I mean, there's only so many things you can do on stage to show a game like this.

I dunno, I think it's effective because it'll be something different this E3, and will draw attention to itself.

teiresias

Seems like it's lucrative in terms of marketing dollars to be the next game on the Xbox One chalkboard. Just please, Insomniac, don't torpedo your reputation like you did last E3 by being a mouthpiece for annoying MS "power of the cloud" talking points again this year, that crap was annoying. Just show the game and let the gameplay speak for itself.

Digging the video. A bit over the top, but then again, so is everything they've been doing to promote the game, and I kind of like it!

Where's that no fun allowed picture at?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
what would you have, a bunch of neon dayglow rollerskaters dancing around the stage? I mean, there's only so many things you can do on stage to show a game like this.

I dunno, I think it's effective because it'll be something different this E3, and will draw attention to itself.

I would have a live demo of the gameplay. Preferably with 7 other players.

outsida

I've seen him pretty giddy about indie games. I wasn't here during the time when he was a mod, so I've mostly seen him as a very cool dude.

With the gunplay you have to have a handle on while you're grinding, I'd say it's going to be plenty fast as it is. We'll see though... hands on explains all things.

I know I'm known for my criticisms, but I love gaming for a reason. For example, any mention of Earthbound sends me into near-orgasmic fits of joy. I love Tomb Raider Guardian of Light. Tearaway. Mirror's Edge. I love the experimentation of indie games. I love a lot of things.

It's just more interesting to discuss things that are wrong with stuff, because I enjoy analyzing ways things can improve :p

Enjoy on brother..... I'll be there day one myself as I'm loving what I've seen so far.

Sunset Overdrive seems to be the next Titanfall. I.E. the " next big thing" for Xbox One.
So I guess we'll stop hearing about it come release.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
like that's not also going to happen :p

Edit: The live demo, dunno the co-op demo

But you don't need gimmicky stage shit to get people excited, that is why I think a gameplay demo of the co-op (after a bit of single player) is just the right amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom