• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Yours - 06/13/08 - Line-up of legends

Mifune

Mehmber
That bus driver story was hilarious.

When I walked into El Pollo Loco for lunch carrying a GameStop bag, the dude refilling the salsa gave me a thumbs-up and said, "Metal Gear Solid 4? It's good."

Nice viral campaign you got going there, Ryan.

Ploid 3.0

I want this added to MGS4's mp3 download list to listen to while playing. I'd listen now but I got a long way to go in mgs. Being able to summon mp3s during sneaking or fighting in the item menu is great.

edit: Haha, I'm not the only one that like it I see.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
mh56 said:
skip, are there any spoilers for mgs4? im almost done act 2, i dont want anything spoiled

I believe he said earlier there were no spoilers.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
schuelma said:
I believe he said earlier there were no spoilers.
Could we have a spoiler full section one week? Would be interesting to hear (kinda like GFW did with bioshock) at the end of podcast or something.

ravien56

this is up on itunes now and a description add to first post op

We are joined by Kojima Productions' Ryan Payton, who is on a whirlwhind American tour for Metal Gear Solid 4. The crew talks about our experiences with the game so far, a quick assortment of what other games we've been playing, and the May NPDs.

voltron

:lol Line up of legends indeed. Only Mark MacDonald could have made it better.

There better be some MGS4 bashing! To tease Ryan of course.

watership

Ryan Payton is on? Dammit, I hope they would be ragging on MGS4. I guess they have to be polite now. Missed opportunity.

h3ro

Hmm... John is coming across as a little whiney about all the different styles/options/ways of playing MGS4. I think he's missing the point that you can play the game however you like it.

He mentions that gamers his age "were hardcore when the first MGS/MG came out, but aren't now while the series is still hardcore" and might miss the small details and fan service in the game. I don't think it's hard to find the extras in MGS4 at all, they're all over the place and none of them are anything that is going to change your experience to the point where it effects enjoyment of the game. You could play the game blindfolded and still find the hardcore perks/fan service that Kojipro threw in there.

Also, the game is definitely very "noob" friendly. Its basically the Gears of War/Uncharted control scheme with the necessary changes needed for MGS. Hit L1 to pull up your sights, R1 to fire, rinse, repeat.

TTG

This is one of those podcasts that I wish I was there to make some points.... arghhhh

Don't hold back Garnett, don't fucking hold back! Maybe if Shawn was there, he left a couple of weeks too early.

h3ro

voltron said:
:lol Line up of legends indeed. Only Mark MacDonald could have made it better.

There better be some MGS4 bashing! To tease Ryan of course.

Mark should only be on after a PS3 firmware release... :D

inner-G

Banned
my file is named 'redirect.mp3'?

can't wait to listen though, WEEKEND CONFIRMED!!

Garnett: "I eat a lot of meat." :lol :lol

LCfiner

:lol they start talking about the swearing in the 1up podcasts brought up in that other thread :lol

it went from clean to filthy in point five seconds. awesome

ravien56

BLaZiN PRopHeT said:
So when did SE say SO4 is going to be going to the PS3. According to shane they said it.
yea i just read a article saying Star ocean might come to ps3 later on, but its definitely a timed exclusive to 360

voltron

LCfiner said:
:lol they start talking about the swearing in the 1up podcasts brought up in that other thread :lol

it went from clean to filthy in point five seconds. awesome

haha :lol

fucking awesome.

womfalcs3

Banned
I was surprised when I got carded too. I'm only 22, but I definitely look like I'm over 17... I can pass for a 30-year-old actually.

I wasn't carded for GTA IV; it was the same store.

LCfiner

Gbeav said:
But at the start they shoot me, what did I do to them :D

Hide from the militia at first and then start shooting the PMCs. You'll have the militia loving your ass.

Also, Shane sure as shit loves his MGS4. wow. He's more defensive than Payton about criticism's against the game. It's funny.

So, MGS4 has changed Shane as a person. Confirmed!

Gbeav

Banned
LCfiner said:
Hide from the militia at first and then start shooting the PMCs. You'll have the militia loving your ass.

Also, Shane sure as shit loves his MGS4. wow. He's more defensive than Payton about criticism's against the game. It's funny.

So, MGS4 has changed Shane as a person. Confirmed!

Thanks for the info!

Cartman86

Banned
I think the problem with Garnette is that he hasn't completed all of the games. He loves story, but if you havn't finished MGS3 for example the game won't leave that big of an impression on you. Am I saying that the gameplay sucks. No, but I can why someone might not love it, but for me finishing the games has gotten easier and easier, because I know the story will deliver. Having said that MGS4 is not going to change anyones feelings about the story if they havn't completed the other games. I don't see how you could really enjoy it if you havn't. You won't know whats going on story wise, and most importantly you won't have any connection with the characters. MGS4 for me was all about the characterization being so above any beyond any other MGS game, and having played the previous ones helped.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yeah, I loved how someone who was involved with MAKING MGS4 was like, "whoa, Shane, I wouldn't say THAT."

:lol :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
:lol "It's a game! Why do I have to read the instructions?!"

Damn Garnett. Are we really at a point where this is true?

Top Bottom