• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend Confirmed Pax Live Show - Featuring Luke Andrew Shane John Billy & Jeff Green

f0rk

mik said:
lol @ Del Rio's new closing song...

"show you that I love you
show you that I care
show you that I listen
show you that I'm hair"

I can't tell if Del Rio songs are meant to be parody or not.

coopolon

Panels very rarely make for good podcasts. There's always very little direction, it's rather awkward for awhile, they are feeding off the live audience and the live audience is feeding off them but the listener gets none of that. I've never enjoyed the giant bomb ones either. I'll try the tested though.

StuBurns said:
It's just a mindless audience that would cheer to anything shouted in a way that encouraged them like Pavlovian conditioned morons. If he'd have said, "I've been playing 3DS and it's awesome, 3D IS AWESOME", they'd have shouted exactly the same way.

got a chuckle out of me.

hahaha.

JABEE

I really wish there was a way to do a big reunion in the studios one time like 1UP Yours did on the last episode when Garnett left. Jeff Green made a good point when they were beginning to talk about MMOs and their reviews. A lot of the discussions that they were having were not appropriate for the time constraints. I felt that a lot of there wasn't enough time for people to comment, dissent, and explain their positions.

Paches

JABEE said:
I really wish there was a way to do a big reunion in the studios one time like 1UP Yours did on the last episode when Garnett left. Jeff Green made a good point when they were beginning to talk about MMOs and their reviews. A lot of the discussions that they were having were not appropriate for the time constraints. I felt that a lot of there wasn't enough time for people to comment, dissent, and explain their positions.

Yeah, after reading some more thoughts on the episode it was a time issue. Too many people and not enough time. If you had the regular panel of Jeff, Garnett, and Xav, it may have worked out a lot better. Not that I don't like the OG's, it was just too many people trying to fit there opinions in on game after game.

Live shows for podcasts are usually brutal anyways, they just don't translate well for whatever reason.

I know there is a hatred of podcast done via skype, but really thats the best bet for these shows due to everyone being in different locations. If each person records their audio locally then sends them and has 1 person edit them together (del rio is perfectly capable of this) there is near zero difference in audio quality

say they had 2 reunion shows a year that were 2.5-3 hours long twice a year, seems like the best option to me

LiK

Only one hour? Wish they had another hour considering the amount of guest hosts. Audio quality was still not good. Anyway, decent show. I'm glad they weren't playing it up to the crowd that much.

alkavd.gif

Interfectum

Crowd was annoying as shit.

Xav was awesome to get that $7,000 PC dig in on John.

Cannata (besides garnett) seemed like the only one that wanted to be there. Very good energy from him.

All in all, too short and very little energy.

Grisby

Show was pretty 'eh'. Just didn't feel like it had enough energy. Still, thanks to Garnett and the crew for pulling one down.

Okay show. Shame it was an hour and that they spent half of it answering the same questions that always get asked at these things (playing for work vs playing for fun!)

Totally Rad Show had a pretty good PAX round up with Garnett, Shane, Billy and one more person I can't remember

This week should be a good episode. Garnett seems high on resistance. I wonder if Spicer will be on this week since he was looking forward to it.

LiK

The audience saying they don't care about review scores is such BS. lol. I agree with Jeff's skeptism and I give props to that one guy who raised his hand.

krae_man

LiK said:
The audience saying they don't care about review scores is such BS. lol

No it's not. How is it hard to believe that a podcast audience would prefer to hear people talk about a game instead of look at a review score?

LiK

krae_man said:
No it's not. How is it hard to believe that a podcast audience would prefer to hear people talk about a game instead of look at a review score?
My mistake, one guy cared.

Interfectum

I agree it was bullshit. I still care about review scores and I listen to podcasts and still actually read reviews.

Moofers

Different strokes for different folks. I could not care less about review scores. I'd much rather read a description of somebody's experience (like here on GAF) or listen to a podcast or talk to friends. Review scores are shady as shit anyway. Half of them seem bought and the other half don't match what is said in the text.

Anyway, the show needed more than just 56 minutes to do its thing. Between this and the Giant Bomb panel being shortened, I'm thinking PAX needs to get its shit together and recognize what big deals these panels are. Give them the rooms for 2 hours each, or more if they want. I went to PAX 09 and a big part of my decision to go was the GFW Reunion. I'd hate to have gone all the way out there only to have somebody in the PAX crew tell the Brodeo they gotta clear the room sooner than expected for the I Can Haz Cheezburger panel or whatever.

LiK

Suzzopher said:
Apparently the Retronauts Panel was amazing, sadly the recording fucked up :(
What? That sucks. People should have a backup by putting a portable recording device on a table or something. Better than nothing.

sikkinixx

Listened to it yesterday. Not as bad as some people are making it out. Too many people for such a short time is probably it's worst sin. I felt kinda bad for Garnett, trying to keep the spirits up while everyone was kinda quiet.

krae_man

Suzzopher said:
Apparently the Retronauts Panel was amazing, sadly the recording fucked up :(

Yes it was. Jeff Green said he kind of liked Night Trap. It actually didn't get recorded at all. Someone in the crowd recorded it though and they are trying to clean that recording up and might release it.

Suzzopher

krae_man said:
Yes it was. Jeff Green said he kind of liked Night Trap. It actually didn't get recorded at all. Someone in the crowd recorded it though and they are trying to clean that recording up and might release it.

Ah right, well hopefully some one can get that out there for us :)

Top Bottom