• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend Confirmed Ep. 77 | 09/09/2011 | +Andrea Rene and Jeff Mattas

Flavius

hey_it's_that_dog said:
To those of you challenging Jeff to provide stats essentially to prove that GAF isn't the most important voice on the internet: Get over yourselves.

...speaking of ridiculous statements.

What's the problem with asking for the numbers? As someone who's listened to these gaming podcasts for half a decade now, I'm quite interested in how they track and utilize such metrics. It isn't so much a challenge as it is a simple request to share.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
CartridgeBlower said:
Got a link to that other feedback that says Andrea is a perfect fit for the podcast and Del Rio's music is awesome?

We really aren't the 'normal' listening demographic for Weekend Confirmed tbh, not imo anyway, I haven't been a fan of Andrea from the start back when it wasn't actually fashionable to hate on her but that being said I would imagine she is liked by a majority of the listening audience.

I did actually think she was better on the latest show though and agreed with a few of her points on R3.

FStop7

Banned
Andrea never used Steam until the past couple of weeks.

That's kind of a... bizarre admission.. for a game journalist to make.

Kusagari

FStop7 said:
Andrea never used Steam until the past couple of weeks.

That's kind of a... bizarre admission.. for a game journalist to make.

I don't like Andrea on this show but I think people are making this statement more than it really is. I doubt she's a big PC gamer. She doesn't have to have used Steam to be a good games journalist. She just has to know a lot about it.

Which to be fair...she probably doesn't.

Keyser Soze said:
Oh, and I am certainly not part of the "get rid of Andrea" Club. Based on her past appearance she seems to have a slightly different view on certain games than the regular crew, which adds a lot to proceedings. Differing opinions are great, and there should be more of them - it will lead to a better overall product.

Different opinions ARE great. If Gamefly is saying, "Hey! You need a girl on the podcast from time to time." , there have got to be women out there that are part of the gaming press that play games because they love them and NOT play games because they don't hate them...or it's their job to play games.

Cannata is an enthusiast. I'm certain of this. I don't always agree with him but the guy is insightful, knowledgeable and passionate about gaming. You can always rely on him to have something to say about most games that will generate conversation. Also, he's fucking hilarious.

Mattas appears to be an enthusiast and always seems to have something valuable to add. He should be on the podcast more and if he were, I believe I would put him in the same category as Cannata.

De Matos...see Mattas.

Spicer - I've done a 180 on the guy and now I feel like he should be on the podcast more and he gives an intelligent opinion that is outside of the gaming press.

Lee - I just don't think he's as passionate about gaming as he used to be. At least once a month, you hear the, "I like to play a game twice. If I play it and I don't feel it, I put it down and come back to it later. If I don't like it a second time, I'm done...I'm done."
Or you hear the, "There's just not enough time and too many games."

Which is fine. I understand, but I DON'T have a job in the gaming industry and I feel like I can keep up with most gaming conversations.

Rene - Oh look! It's a cute girl that likes to talk about games! At least once a podcast she manages to say something that makes me think, "Seriously? You're in gaming media/press and you said that?"

Let's face it. There's only one real demographic that listens to gaming podcasts and that's gaming enthusiasts. Having someone like her on the podcast is only slightly better than having Soccer Mom X that buys her son games at Walmart and doesn`t hate the games she buys, and tries to understand a little about them but that`s it.

If you`re on a podcast...I expect you to be bulletproof (generally) about what you`re talking about. Rene is not bulletproof.

...and this isn`t Women Hater`s Club GAF.

I could listen to Kat Bailey ramble on about RPGs all day...

There has GOT to be women in gaming media that can keep up...Rene isn`t the answer.

FStop7

Banned
Einchy said:
Is this song real? Is this real life?

It's like Slug from Atmosphere and Fred Durst had a child.

Neuromancer said:
We need to come up with a nickname for Christian. I was thinking maybe:

THE SPICE MAN

THE SPICE RACK

or SUGAR AND SPICE

They call him The Spice because he must flow.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
bigdaddygamebot said:
I could listen to Kat Bailey ramble on about RPGs all day..

I hear ya!, I could listen to Kat all day, I'm not even a massive fan of RGP's but I still enjoyed her on ATB.

Flavius

lowrider007 said:
I hear ya!, I could listen to Kat all day, I'm not even a massive fan of RGP's but I still enjoyed her on ATB.

Thirded. :p

Really enjoyed her contributions to Area 5 back in the day, and IIRC, I believe she was on a few episodes of Rebel FM as well (not sure, since I stopped listening to that one a while back).

Fjordson

Painraze said:
Hey Garnett, Jeff and Co, some of us even on GAF really like your show. There is always room for improvement but I genuinely look forward to the podcast each week. Gets me through the last part of Friday at work. :)
+1

Great episode, duders. I do wish Garnett had more time to finish games since I really enjoy hearing him discuss them, but I get that there ain't enough time in the day. I have the same problem sometimes.

Flavius said:

Really enjoyed her contributions to Area 5 back in the day, and IIRC, I believe she was on a few episodes of Rebel FM as well (not sure, since I stopped listening to that one a while back).
Fourthed, Kat is a great podcast host.

My only criticism is that they should have Xav De Matos on every week. He does such a good job of balancing out the voices on the podcast.

As far as everything else (Rene and music) they just come off as mediocre to me. I honestly can't find myself being mad at either of those because I forget everything they even offered. Well, actually some of the music is good sometimes. I am actually surprised at everyone taking the white guy drunk song so seriously. I am pretty sure it is supposed to be satirical.

The hilarious thing about Kat Baily is that if RPG Players Realm was the only gaming podcast a person listened too, they would probably think that men are terrible podcast people and shouldn't be on there. Seriously, some of the guys she has on that show are just embarrassing to listen to.

JABEE

I feel like more and more this podcast isn't being made for the same audience that enjoyed 1UP Yours. Even though Garnett is still on it, it feels like most of the community is being ignored. Conversations seem to be restricted for fear of hurting others feelings. I'm not sure if Garnett is angry at a lot of the posters here for criticizing the show. I think this show feels more and more like it is made for the people doing the show rather than the listeners.

JABEE

JeffCannata said:
What constructive criticism has there been, exactly? Seems like it has all been "get rid of the music" (5 min of a 2 hour show, btw) and "get rid of Andrea". Maybe I missed something?

Anytime we try to go any deeper than this we get a lot of heat for discussing details that could be construed as spoilers.

I think you guys should also realize we get a lot of feedback from a lot of different sources and this forum is a tiny minority of our listeners. A tiny, angry minority. I ain't mad at you, and you aren't ignored, I just take what you say with a grain of salt :)

I appreciate you listening and commenting.
This is what bothers me. The people on here, who used to be a large portion of the people that listened to 1UP Yours didn't used to be treated like what they said didn't matter. Many times there have been discussions in these threads that refute something said on the show that don't even make it onto the show. I understand that this board's opinions are taken with a grain of salt whether it is criticisms of the show or debating a pint made on the show. The tiny minority of people who listen and care enough to criticize the show are also the one's loyal enough to still listen to a show that isn't made for them anymore.

You people here aren't being ignored. They're being listened to as if they are all insignificant and incapable of offering valid criticisms. We are all just an angry, senseless mob that offers nothing that you don't already know.

JeffCannata said:
What constructive criticism has there been, exactly? Seems like it has all been "get rid of the music" (5 min of a 2 hour show, btw) and "get rid of Andrea". Maybe I missed something?

Anytime we try to go any deeper than this we get a lot of heat for discussing details that could be construed as spoilers.

I think you guys should also realize we get a lot of feedback from a lot of different sources and this forum is a tiny minority of our listeners. A tiny, angry minority. I ain't mad at you, and you aren't ignored, I just take what you say with a grain of salt :)

I like the podcast as a whole, but you have to admit, that song was pretty terrible. That's my only real criticism though.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Google Listen has a fast forward button, you tap it and it skips ahead 30 seconds. Gameflap ad, tap, 5 minute intro telling me what I'm going to be hearing, tap X 10, Andrea starts talking, tap, Del Rio mix, tap, tap, tap. Welcome to the prozone. Also, it's all cool but just fyi, I have to download the show on my phone and precious megabytes are wasted on football talk.

strem

In the realm of video game podcasts weekend confirmed is still one of the better ones. Granted most are utterly terrible.

1 8-4 play
2 Giant bomb
3 PC gamer
4 Gamers with jobs
5 Weekend Confirmed

The personalities are what makes a good podcast. 1up yours was the pinnacle but those days are loooong gone.

All in all I think Garnett does a good job. You can tell he puts a lot of work in to it.

T-Matt

JeffCannata said:

Weekend Confirmed, try sucking less.
-TAM

JeffCannata

Neo Member
Painraze said:
Hey Garnett, Jeff and Co, some of us even on GAF really like your show. There is always room for improvement but I genuinely look forward to the podcast each week. Gets me through the last part of Friday at work. :)

Thanks, dude! I appreciate it.

Jeff! You know Don Hertzfeldt? Awesome! My college roommates and I freaking LOVED rejected. I still crack up whenever i think of "mah spoon's too big!" / "...I am a baNANA!"

OTOH, when I showed it to my girlfriend she practically broke up with me. I think the humor of "for the love of GOD! my anus is bleeding!" was perhaps too subtle for her. :) It's okay, I ended up marrying her. lol

As for Del Rio, I will just abstain (pun!) from commenting on this week's song, but I will say this: some of his mixes are really enjoyable. Super Mega Worm and Pac-Man are excellent. My issue is that many of the others are starting to feel very obligatory. They lack a sense of progression as a song and the samples seem very randomly chosen. I agree that he shouldn't feel compelled to come up with a new one each week. I think he can bring the quality when he's not rushed.

T-Matt said:
Weekend Confirmed, try sucking less.
-TAM

Great callback -- too bad Leahy left because that theme was Del Rio's best creation.

BJK

Open warning: based on the Revision3 boards, Jeff C. is more likely to disconnect from the GAF than trade in negative criticism. (Not right away mind you, but consider yourselves on notice.)

I'm not in the 'get rid of Andrea' camp, but the show is different when she's on. Too many guys trying to impress the pretty girl? I can't say it for sure....but I don't see anyone playing grade-school paper-games on a normal week.

Coming off the PAX-cast (with good audio), anything was going to feel like a let-down.

Ghost_Protocol said:
Glad someone finally told Garnett how condescending he is. That shit's annoying just listening to the podcast casually, can't imagine how it feels to sit in that room every week. At the end of the day, they're talking about a hobby, nothing more. No need to shout out, minimalize, dismiss, or trivialize anyone else's opinion. No one in that room has a Ph.D in video games , or in anything else.

Just got to this part. Maybe it is true, but I get Garnett's complete bewilderment. Rene wasn't even listening. Garnett's talking about a game that has transcended "video game" stereotypes to enter the public consciousness / mass market, and she responds with "MAG"?

gillFTR

Aaron said:
Skipping this week due to Andrea. She seems like a nice person, but she has no idea what she's talking about. As someone who is picky about factual inaccuracies, she is nails on a chalkboard.

I have no problem with Del Rio's tracks, though sometimes skip Garnett's music choices.

This one is bad, Finally found it.

Wpg4f.jpg

Can we all agree ? http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/111

JeffCannata said:

I think there are a couple of things that everybody has agreed on:

1) Make it a point to play some of the same games every week so you can have a conversation that doesn't just rely on one person describing things to everyone else. The whole "Indie homework assignment" is a very good idea. It is a step towards that sort of thing, but there needs to really be more effort put into this even if it is just everyone playing an opening hour of something.

2) Encourage actual discussion/friendly debate. You don't have to have a big spoiler fest to talk about mechanics and concepts in games and explore what works and why it works and to challenge one another on it. There should be more "So do you think ..... " And "I agree but what about...." and "But game x is an example where....." and that sort of thing. I think you actually are the one that tries to do this the most but it takes more than one person to have a meaningful conversation.

3) Some guests just aren't great guests. They may be nice people and good friends but you guys should really take listener feedback serious because these are the people that listen to your show week in and week out. Given the lineage from 1up Yours show, this podcast should have a pretty good sized audience. I mean, Garnet practically popularized the whole videogame podcast thing. But I would bet that Weekend Confirmed is dwarfed now by listenership of podcasts like GiantBomb. One reason why is the guests. The recent Weekend Confirmed at PAX episode was awful to listen to because it was a just a big reunion of of old pals. This show shouldn't just the place where you guys reunited with friends. I'm sure it is fun for you guys, but it doesn't make for good radio. If that panel had one third of the number of people it probably would have been a lot better. I know that is only one show but it speaks to a larger point: Garnet seems more focused on reunited with friends and hanging out than he does on making a good podcast. That is the reason why his podcast, even though it should be the spiritual successor to 1up Yours, probably has a listenership that is dwarfed by bigger podcasts now.

4) If someone doesn't have games that they played recently and can talk about, they have no business being on a two hour podcast to talk about games. A lot of the guest seem to fall into this category (and often Garnet too).

It is nice that Garnet makes outlines and that you guys try to designate the amount of time you will dedicate to each topic, but it would be so much better the people on the show actually focused more on playing some damn games to have something to talk about. I feel like a lot of the time Garnet doesn't even play anything or only plays the one thing he is reviewing. I listen to a lot of podcasts while I work out and the biggest difference I see between the really stellar ones (Gamers With Jobs and Bombcast) and the mediocre ones is that the mediocre ones usually involve people who haven't played very many games. I think you actually are prepared to be on this podcast because you do seem to always have a variety of games to talk about. But it seems like you often have to carry the most of the weight for the show in that regard. You shouldn't have to.

trw

EternalGamer said:
I think there are a couple of things that everybody has agreed on:

1) Make it a point to play some of the same games every week so you can have a conversation that doesn't just rely on one person describing things to everyone else. The whole "Indie homework assignment" is a very good idea. It is a step towards that sort of thing, but there needs to really be more effort put into this even if it is just everyone playing an opening hour of something.

2) Encourage actual discussion/friendly debate. You don't have to have a big spoiler fest to talk about mechanics and concepts in games and explore what works and why it works and to challenge one another on it. There should be more "So do you think ..... " And "I agree but what about...." and "But game x is an example where....." and that sort of thing. I think you actually are the one that tries to do this the most but it takes more than one person to have a meaningful conversation.

Like the show and just wanted to expand on these excellent points. Podcasts for me isn't that interesting when it's just people describing games, that's better in writing (reviews, previews etc) since the describing part can be more thought out and fleshed out. What the podcast format can do well is discussion. I would much rather have you guys cut the amount of games you play in half and just make sure to play the same games so the talk get more deep than just describing the same things you would get in a review/preview. The indie stuff had a lot of potential and hopefully you will continue with that, but even that was more of a 'describe what it is and then change subject'. I mean, when it comes to Stanley Parable you could have started discussing parallells to other games narrative and all interesting stuff in gaming narrative that the game highlights. Simply put, use the podcast format in the best way possible and allow for more discussion and less of the same that we can get better in writing on shacks frontpage :) Still enjoying the show and listening to it every week.

strem said:
In the realm of video game podcasts weekend confirmed is still one of the better ones. Granted most are utterly terrible.

1 8-4 play
2 Giant bomb
3 PC gamer
4 Gamers with jobs
5 Weekend Confirmed

The personalities are what makes a good podcast. 1up yours was the pinnacle but those days are loooong gone.

All in all I think Garnett does a good job. You can tell he puts a lot of work in to it.

This is a good list, though I'd actually put Gamer's With Jobs on the top for me. It is pretty impressive that those guys work full time jobs and they still have time to play enough games to have rich conversations about games and the industry. They usually put the "I play games for money" people to shame. Their recent conversations about Deus Ex were fantastic.

I also think Rebel FM should be on that list and so should the new Joystiq show. The new format is pretty great. That would put WC down to like number 7 (maybe even 8 or 9 since Cheap Ass Gamer is pretty good too as are videocasts like Totally Rad Show and Bonus Round). This disappoints me because of the show's lineage. With Garnet's guidance and connections, this show should be one of the best gaming podcasts like 1up Yours was before it. It used to be that I looked forward to Friday nights not because I was done with my work week but because there was going to be a new 1up Yours. Now the Friday night podcast is one of the lower lights of the weekly podcast list.

The whole Battlefield and Call of Duty talk struck me as poorly thought out. It basically boiled down to "why doesn't the mainstream like what I like?"

Garnett failed to state why its even matters. He said "Gaming should be more than Call of Duty and WoW!" and then ignores how much Nintendo games sell, Just Dance, Madden, Mobile (Angry Birds), Facebook, Dota, etc...

I mean sure if you ignore every game played by millions of people then there aren't a lot of games played by millions of people.

Outside of that it just seem really... I don't know, "hipster" maybe, to go into a conversation criticizing the taste of mass market and then hang your hat on freaking Battlefield. What did Battlefield do to deserve such praise anyway? Leading on the PC? Vehicles in multiplayer? From the outside Battlefield vs Call of Duty seems so silly. My modern military multiplayer shooter is better than your modern military multiplayer shooter. Didn't that Andy fellow basically argue the opposite in favor of Call of Duty and get called out on it?

One final point would be that you can't complain about the mass market not playing enough games and then throw out games aimed exclusively at 15 to 25 year old males as what they should play. Why aren't more people playing Battlefield, Mass Effect, etc...

Controversial opinion time!
Rene >>> Hiroko

Edit:
Oh shit its podcast listing time!?! And Gamers with Jobs was already listed? I'll need to dig deep into the old podcast library

Its all about The Cruncheons, WAHP and PSNstores

Why must the pretty one have such irregular schedules

Flavius said:

She was on last week's Retronaughts where they talked about Star Fox.

I agree, Kat is great. So is Laura from Gamer's with Jobs (well, when she doesn't drink too much before/during the show, anyway).

HamPster PamPster said:
Oh shit its podcast listing time!?! And Gamers with Jobs was already listed? I'll need to dig deep into the old podcast library

Its all about The Cruncheons, WAHP and PSNstores

Why must the pretty one have such irregular schedules

My list would be something like this:

1) Gamers With Jobs
2) Giant Bombcast
3) 8-4 Play (only because it is bi-weekly rather than every week)
4) Rebel FM
5) The New Joystiq Show
6) Cheap Ass Gamer
7) Bonus Round
8) Totally Rad Show (would be higher if not for the party game episodes)
9) Cheap Ass Gamer
10) Weekend Confirmed
11) Gamespot Hotspot (which has gotten better recently
12) Player One podcast

And yeah, I listen to all of those. I jog 5 miles a day so it takes a lot of podcasts. :)

I listened to the Cruncheons one time. Maybe it was a bad week, but they spent almost an hour talk about about the 5 and 6th books in some D&D series. I had little to no interest in the topic nor did they put much effort into explaining why I should.

Zeliard

hey_it's_that_dog said:
To those of you challenging Jeff to provide stats essentially to prove that GAF isn't the most important voice on the internet: Get over yourselves.

Aye. These threads are always hilarious. Hatefests featuring a bunch of comically self-important people trying to get a podcast to conform around their own personal opinions and feelings, instead of taking the obvious and simple step of simply choosing not to listen.

Every single week, it's the same set of assholes complaining.

I have a lot of issues that many in this thread have, but I seem to always come back. Sure it may not have the spark that the old 1UpYours had, but that is a false expectation. I've grown into the show more than I thought I would have. Hell, I even warmed up to Spicer. I tune in week to week not expecting a old 1Up podcast anymore. WC is its own thing with its own flow. WC, I accept you.

It gets better.

Jburton

Banned
lowrider007 said:
We really aren't the 'normal' listening demographic for Weekend Confirmed tbh, not imo anyway

Who is, mainstream audience?

It is people who frequent gaming forums, people who check out the latest news and developments in gaming if not every few yours then everyday.

We are the normal listening demographic for Weekend Confirmed and a lot of people who are listeners are tired of the well worn del rio stuff and some girl who spends most of her time being wrong and lacking personality.

Although I must say if we didn't care we wouldn't say anything.

I like Garnett and Jeff, I just think a few tweaks and this podcast will be back on track.

Osietra

Banned
I tend to listen to stuff that I know will entertain me, WC does that. The weekly WC thread does exactly that too, in fact it has a better lol rate than the Edge monthly thread usually.

What I'm saying is: keep up the good work General Lee and the fans.

Bad7667

JeffCannata said:

I like the spoiler talk and wish you would do more (Limbo, please). The constructive criticisms, have more in-depth conversations (again ex. GFW or even TRS). Try playing the same games so it isn't just one person talking about it, taking half the allotted time to explain to the rest of the cast what type of game it is. I think you do your best to do the above.

I enjoy the podcast, just think it could do better and so do a lot of people here. But as long as you keep ignoring the constructive criticisms and take what I, or others, have to say with a grain of salt, the podcast is not going to get better and that's disappointing.

First off let me say that when I see that Andrea is on, I do not listen. I downloaded this podcast but I'll never press play. No offense to her as a person, I just don't think I've ever heard her say anything interesting about video games on this podcast and I've given up hope that I ever will.

Second, if you guys want Garnett to change things, you have to unsubscribe. Podcast producers probably use their subscription numbers to keep tabs on how they're doing. I am guilty of this too. I'm subscribed and the thing downloaded automatically, but I'll never listen to this particular episode.

Anyway, my point is if we don't start unsubscribing and manually downloading ONLY the episodes that sound interesting based on their description, I don't think Garnett will ever truly get the message (and how could he realistically be expected to?).

I am going to unsubscribe now. If enough of us do this, and just simply stop downloading episodes that feature Andrea, maybe things will start to change.

Complaining about this podcast if you're subscribed is like complaining about the outcome of an election if you didn't vote. Just shut up.

I haven't read the entire thread yet, but I'd just like to point out that while Andrea says you can't get a game for $10, there are 1157 titles on Steam alone for that price or under, and where she says you can't buy a subscription gaming package, not only is there OnLive, which is approaching that model, but there are hundreds of F2P titles out there, as well.

You will probably need to access a non-console box for these options, though.

gillFTR said:
This one is bad, Finally found it.

Wpg4f.jpg

Can we all agree ? http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/111

She isn't the first to say it and I doubt she will be the last to either but I love it when people try to call out this statement as something that is completely inaccurate. You know exactly what is meant when someone says this, Halo, specifically Halo 2, set the foundations for how console multiplayer, shooters in particular, should be done. For the majority of people, videogames=consoles and it's something that has become increasingly true over the years.

DaBuddaDa

MikeDub said:
She isn't the first to say it and I doubt she will be the last to either but I love it when people try to call out this statement as something that is completely inaccurate. You know exactly what is meant when someone says this, Halo, specifically Halo 2, set the foundations for how console multiplayer, shooters in particular, should be done. For the majority of people, videogames=consoles and it's something that has become increasingly true over the years.
Then if someone means what you're saying then they should say that: "Halo 2 set the foundation for how multiplayer console shooters are done." Wording it any other way is a false generalization, and we are not mind readers into the intent of your statements. Communicate clearer.

DaBuddaDa said:
Then if someone means what you're saying then they should say that: "Halo 2 set the foundation for how multiplayer console shooters are done." Wording it any other way is a false generalization, and we are not mind readers into the intent of your statements. Communicate clearer.

It's not a 'false generalization' though, it is a generalization but then isn't that the point being put across by the statement in the first place? Generally, Halo invented the multiplayer format for people who play videogames?

DaBuddaDa

MikeDub said:
It's not a 'false generalization' though, it is a generalization but then isn't that the point being put across by the statement in the first place? Generally, Halo invented the multiplayer format for people who play videogames?
Nowhere do I see the word "generally" mentioned in this thread in reference to these comments, also absent in your original post. I and many others I'm sure would also take offense at the implication that the majority of "people who play videogames" are console players which is factually incorrect, but that's a bit of a derail for another thread.

Now that I know Jeff Cannata is reading this thread, let me just say that you are my favorite thing about podcasts in a long time. And I've been listening to them all since the early 1Up Yours days.

I truly enjoy listening to you man, keep it up. I would put you on the list with my favorite podcast personalities of all time at this point.

DaBuddaDa said:
Nowhere do I see the word "generally" mentioned in this thread in reference to these comments, also absent in your original post. I and many others I'm sure would also take offense at the implication that the majority of "people who play videogames" are console players which is factually incorrect, but that's a bit of a derail for another thread.

If someone takes offense to a that then I don't quite no what to say other than 'really?'. It's not about whether it is factually correct or not, because we both know it isn't. However this is really the crux of the problem isn't it, some people want everything explicitly stated where as others can extrapolate a sentence.

MikeDub said:

Totally agree with you. It's almost like people on the internet don't have conversations with people IRL...You cannot take a sentence from someone and use that to define their entire opinion/perspective on something. You're supposed to be able to recognize that she meant Halo heavily influenced/invented the format for console FPS's from then onward. If you think that she meant Halo literally, single-handedly, INVENTED the multiplayer FPS format, then you're an idiot, or a 12 year-old.

Top Bottom