• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

20 PS4 exclusives and console debuts for 2016

Loudninja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL2kX3EZKSA

Happy New Year folks! I trust everyone enjoyed last night’s revelry? To help blow the cobwebs away, we’ve put together a short, sharp preview video looking ahead at what PS4 holds in store for 2016.

The montage above highlights 20 – count ’em – titles that are either full PlayStation console exclusives, or releasing on PS4 first. To my eyes at least, it’s shaping up to be one heck of a release slate.

Of course, that’s by no means all. Our third party partners are readying some huge blockbusters, such as Hitman, Dark Souls III, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Dishonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Doom and Far Cry: Primal.

And the independent community is coming out swinging too, with the likes of Broforce, Chasm, Hyper Light Drifter, Eitr, Amplitude, Heart Forth Alicia and Gang Beasts all lining up for launch, to name but a few.

Oh, and then there’s a little something called PlayStation VR on the horizon too. Excited much?
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016...id=682834155848110081&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

Before anyone asks, that lack of Persona 5 is due to it being a European based channel and it hasn't been announced for that region yet.

Ok....that was pretty hype. Nice start to the new year! Hopefully the hype gets going and this doesn't turn into the other ps 2016 threads. Welcome to 2016 people!!! Game on

FluxWaveZ

Before anyone asks, that lack of Persona 5 is due to it being a European based channel and it hasn't been announced for that region yet.

Still, lest we forget:
CLGflagXAAEXP2h.jpg:orig
Via SCEE.

Ryuuga

Banned
Nier Automata didn't have an exclusive (console or otherwise) tag over it. Has any other platform been confirmed?

Chobel

LOL at "Beta 2016" for Dreams. Like really, that desperate to reach the number 20? They should have gone with Ni-Oh or Persona 5 instead.

IvanJ

Banned
Wow, out of those 20, 8 are on my must play list, which is awesome. Much more than I expected.
I must admit, I went into the video thinking it will be a lot of JRPGs (which I have zero interest in), and I came out very satisfied with the content.
2016 will be a very busy gaming year, and once the multiplats are added, it will be tough to fit all games into my schedule.

Also, happy that they confirm Horizon for 2016 (and hoping it won't get delayed eventually).

Beta 2016... for No Mans Sky? What?

Looks like the rumors of its problems on the PS4 were true.

Edit:

The Beta 2016 applies to Dreams not No Man's Sky.
The Beta is referring to Dreams, just look at the font used for it.
You are right. Even more convincing is that the label in the upper righthand corner says "Playstation 4 Exclusive" when Beta 2016 is showing. That can't be referring to No Man's Sky which has the "Playstation 4 Console Exclusive" label.

Ryuuga

Banned
It's PS4 exclusive... for now.

Well, Boundless was announced at PGW and Jim Ryan said it was console exclusive. So it seems like some just aren't labeled.

Ah, yeah I just assumed it was one of few that was more of a timed deal debuting on PS4, but not console exclusive to it. Damn boundless came out a while back on PC, looks pretty interesting too so I'm curious why it didn't get any love.

HUELEN10

Why the notes on Persona 5?

It wouldn't be an exclusive, console exclusive or a console debut because it's also on PS3!

silva1991

Why the notes on Persona 5?

It wouldn't be an exclusive, console exclusive or a console debut because it's also on PS3!

I reckon it will be PS4 exclusives for teh west just like Tales games and Sta Ocean. PS3 in the west is deader than dead.

Really don't see the Hyde for horizon. Don't like the look of the explosions, Hooe they tweet those, but man do hyped for quiet a few games in that video. Uncharted, firewater, gravity rush, ratchet. Ohhhh yeeeeah

Just a quick off topic. Is that latest ps4 actually silent? Or as quiet as the xbox I bought the last refresh, one that came with the last of us and it's still so much louder than I would like. Quieter than my launch unit. It's spoiling my until dawn playthrough.

FluxWaveZ

I reckon it will be PS4 exclusives for teh west just like Tales games and Sta Ocean. PS3 in the west is deader than dead.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is being released for the PS3 in NA, and Persona 5 was still stated to be released for the PS3 in NA when the delay happened in September 2015.

Capella

They've already announced that the PS3 version is coming to NA at least before the PS4 version announcement and they haven't said anything about canceling it.

Top Bottom