• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home. Congrats Spurs! This one is up there. Definitely in my top 2 favorite championship runs out of the 5.

I love your avatar.

lol @ Manu. "We're in the middle of the world cup. No one in Argentina cares"

He's not wrong, though. Argentina looked shaky and barely pulled off a 2-1 victory, and the entire country was going bananas. My wife and I had our jerseys on, our flag flying in the window, and I believe we scared our son and puppy at least three times during the game by losing our minds.

Argentines love their basketball, but it will always be a distant second to the national football team. I do imagine a good number of people turned over to this after the earlier match finished.

Got to give credit to the Mavs and the Fthunder. They won more than a game against the NBA Champs in the 2014 playoffs.

At least four teams in the West would have cooked this pathetic Heat team. The Mavs weren't originally a team I factored in, but hell...they probably would have, too.

Pimpwerx

lebron - 2 wins in 5 finals

GOAT? lol no
Teams win rings, not players. LeBron could've score 50 tonight and lost. The Heat lost on defense. Time will view the full scope of his accomplishments better than that. Plus, he's not even done adding championships.

The reality is goat is a function of time. When an entire generation only knows one star, that star is always the greatest. This isn't baseball that clings to the past. Jordan wasn't the goat until his first retirement. It's rarely bestowed on an active player. The start of the conversation is just the first indicator of the inevitable, folks. The transition has been underway a few years now. The goat in every sport has changed since I was young. PEACE.

Bosh would fit in nicely with the Bulls if they amnestied Boozer, but I still don't think he's opting out. Too much money on the table he and Wade probably figure they can pocket that, have a good contract year and get another max contract.

lol from that other Bron thread:
BqOOYpDCAAELSqc.jpg:large

91099439.gif

PBY

Banned
A better coach and system would have gotten so much more out of Bosh.
Disagree.

Spo is a great coach. Perhaps Bosh could have put up better individual numbers but he fit a specific role in this offense- which was historically efficient.

Wishful thinking from Heat fans that Bosh or Wade are going to leave money on the table. It's free cash and nobody else is dumb enough to pay them that much. Wade is beyond washed up, and ineffective at the only thing he could ever do as a one-dimensional player: drive to the rim.

Bosh is the smallest "big" man in the history of the game. There's not a huge market for soft 6'11'' dudes who play no interior defense and jack up threes.

PBY

Banned
Wishful thinking from Heat fans that Bosh or Wade are going to leave money on the table. It's free cash and nobody else is dumb enough to pay them that much. Wade is beyond washed up, and ineffective at the only thing he could ever do as a one-dimensional player: drive to the rim.

Bosh is the smallest "big" man in the history of the game. There's not a huge market for soft 6'11'' dudes who play no interior defense and jack up threes.
Looooool no market for athletic shooting bigs?

Post of the day. Have you seen where the sport is trending?

Squalor

Disagree.

Spo is a great coach. Perhaps Bosh could have put up better individual numbers but he fit a specific role in this offense- which was historically efficient.
He has been mostly nonexistent this series.

They didn't use him well, and he played with no confidence.

Wade would be stupid to opt out

1. He's done and who wouldn't take a free 20 million right ?

2. He will make less than gabrielle union which means he will be staring on the next season of basketball wives.

Hahahahaha

Fjordson

Bosh has infinitely more value to me than Wade. No clue what he's going to do or where he'll go, but I don't think he's finished like Wade is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom