• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bosh is a beast and he is wasted playing with the Heat. I want him to opt out and move on, but I don't think he will. Depends on what LeBron does.

Squalor

UConn already recruiting Tim's daughter
149281087-jpg_150619.jpg

Dr.Acula

Banned
Bosh could opt out if he thinks he can get a max somewhere else, and he feels like a max deal wouldn't be out there next year. I'm sure he'll be talking about it with his agent.

Pimpwerx

Wade would be stupid to opt out

1. He's done and who wouldn't take a free 20 million right ?

2. He will make less than gabrielle union which means he will be staring on the next season of basketball wives.

Hahahahaha
It's not about one single year. He's due 20 next year, but what after that? Pat will take whatever discounted rate he'd play at in the following years and just average out the total over the remainder of Wade's career. I'm confident Riles will figure out a way to not only keep the Big3 happy, but also flank them with a better supporting cast than 2010. PEACE.

Looooool no market for athletic shooting bigs?

Post of the day. Have you seen where the sport is trending?

Bosh isn't a SF. He's not an athletic shooting "big" in the sense that a guy like Kevin Durant is. He's a PF or C who can't play a lick of interior defense. He doesn't plug the paint, he doesn't block shots, and he's not that great of a rebounder.

I'll take Ibaka who shoots at a higher percentage than Bosh and also happens to lead the league in blocked shots. Bosh will always be a liability on the defensive end of the court.

The reality is goat is a function of time. When an entire generation only knows one star, that star is always the greatest. This isn't baseball that clings to the past. Jordan wasn't the goat until his first retirement. It's rarely bestowed on an active player. The start of the conversation is just the first indicator of the inevitable, folks. The transition has been underway a few years now. The goat in every sport has changed since I was young. PEACE.

Jordan has been the greatest player in the world since 1991. Hell, arguably 1988. That's not changing. LeBron's 2 for 5 run has taken him out of the equation completely.

MPW

Bosh is a beast and he is wasted playing with the Heat. I want him to opt out and move on, but I don't think he will. Depends on what LeBron does.

bosh and vince carter (not as a starter) back to raptors (and raptors bring back lowry) would be nice

Pimpwerx

Bosh isn't a SF. He's not an athletic shooting "big" in the sense that a guy like Kevin Durant is. He's a PF or C who can't play a lick of interior defense. He doesn't plug the paint, he doesn't block shots, and he's not that great of a rebounder.

I'll take Ibaka who shoots at a higher percentage than Bosh and also happens to lead the league in blocked shots. Bosh will always be a liability on the defensive end of the court.

Jordan has been the greatest player in the world since 1991. Hell, arguably 1988. That's not changing. LeBron's 2 for 5 run has taken him out of the equation completely.
Best in the world is not best of all time. Look at LeBron now. Best on the world. Do you remember the goat before Jordan? PEACE.

Cloudy

Banned
Bosh could opt out if he thinks he can get a max somewhere else, and he feels like a max deal wouldn't be out there next year. I'm sure he'll be talking about it with his agent.

Makes more sense to get paid this year and try for the max afterwards

Into

When players regress due to age (and years of injuries) it does not typically happen overnight. I am sure next season Wade will have a few select great games that will have sports journalist spouting "he turned the clock back to 06 Wade :eek:" but for the most part his body is giving out on him. We have known this for years and seen it first hand, but somehow a few select games wiped that out and as long as the Heat was winning rings, it was ignored.

Now it cannot be ignored, James is in a rather familiar position once again, this is Cavs all over again. We ridicule Indiana for how they got worse from last year, but the same can be said of Heat, everyone except LeBron has gotten worse.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Bosh is a max guy. Even if you want to say he isn't a top-5 in his position, there are a lot of guys that got max contracts that are objectively worse than him. So no matter what your opinion, he's going to get paid.

I think his value is high enough that he can seriously consider leaving 20 on the table to get more somewhere else.

For Wade, this is his last payday. His next contract is going to be small.

Read the following two pieces, they're profiles on Bosh, and are very interesting.

http://grantland.com/features/chris-bosh-2014-miami-heat-career-scoring/

There are two shooting stats from the 2013-14 season that really demonstrate the diversity and potency of Bosh’s game. The first shows just how good he is at scoring near the basket: Of 99 NBA players who attempted at least 300 shots inside of 8 feet, Bosh ranked fourth in efficiency.

1. LeBron James, 75 percent
2. DeAndre Jordan, 68 percent
3. Kevin Durant, 67 percent
4. Chris Bosh, 67 percent
5. Dwyane Wade, 66 percent

The second stat reveals just how lethal Bosh is as a midrange jump-shooter. Of 67 NBA players who attempted at least 300 midrange shots this season, these are the top three in efficiency:

1. Dirk Nowitzki: 50 percent
2. Stephen Curry: 49 percent
3. Chris Bosh: 48 percent

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11046586/reinvention-chris-bosh

It shows in the data. Bosh posted a career best in shot efficiency this season, registering a 55.5 percent effective field goal percentage, which incorporates the extra value of the 3-pointer. His true shooting percentage, which adds free throws into the mix, was also a career high this season, topping his previous best in Toronto in 2009-10. He has never been more efficient.

And his plus-minus? Consider this: The Heat outscored opponents by 9.8 points every 100 possessions when Bosh was on the floor. When he hit the bench, the scoreboard went the other way; the Heat were outscored by 0.4 points. That 10.2-point net differential was the largest of any Heat regular, according to NBA.com data.

Nowadays, opposing coaches often talk about him as one of the best defenders in the NBA. They have to cope with his agility. This past season, Synergy Sports data ranked him as the single best pick-and-roll defender in the NBA, holding big-man opponents to just 0.53 points per play.

PBY

Banned
Bosh is a max guy. Even if you want to say he isn't a top-5 in his position, there are a lot of guys that got max contracts that are objectively worse than him. So no matter what your opinion, he's going to get paid.

I think his value is high enough that he can seriously consider leaving 20 on the table to get more somewhere else.

For Wade, this is his last payday. His next contract is going to be small.

Read the following two pieces, they're profiles on Bosh, and are very interesting.

http://grantland.com/features/chris-bosh-2014-miami-heat-career-scoring/

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11046586/reinvention-chris-bosh
Thanks for posting this. I went back to look for boshs advanced stats to respond to tragic but I got dissuaded by the futility of reason.

charsace

The Spurs know how to stop Iso offenses. No matter how talented a group of guys are if they are an Iso team they will have problems with the Spurs. Look at what they did to OKC. And defenses used to stopping Iso teams are gonna have a hard time slowing down a team that plays textbook basketball. You can be as athletic as you want, the ball always has the ability to move faster than the players.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Makes more sense to get paid this year and try for the max afterwards

It absolutely does, but I don't know the landscape the way NBA guys do. If there's a situation where he can get the max on a team he wants this year, and there are no teams that can do it next year, then he has to do it this year.

PBY

Banned
The Spurs know how to stop Iso offenses. No matter how talented a group of guys are if they are an Iso team they will have problems with the Spurs. Look at what they did to OKC. And defenses used to stopping Iso teams are gonna have a hard time slowing down a team that plays textbook basketball. You can be as athletic as you want, the ball always has the ability to move faster than the players.
Miami isn't an ISO offense tho

Even TP was 1-11 at one point in the final quarter before he turned the magic on.

So damn happy for Patty Mills and Aron. 2 Aussies with rings this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom