• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Part of the Cavaliers' motivation in making the deal for Love was a belief Love would have ended up with the rival Chicago Bulls in a trade and created a significant obstacle in the Eastern Conference, sources said. Cleveland wouldn't have had the salary-cap space to sign Love next summer and could have only obtained him through the trade with Minnesota in a deal now.
The trade should work out really well for both teams.

U2NUMB

As a long time Wolves fan (grew up in MN so give me a break) this is about as good a deal as I could have hoped for. Wish Love luck in Cleveland and I hope we have at least a bright future if not being young again...

Tom Penny

Clearly Lebron omitted Bennett and Wiggins from his letter and he still would have chosen Cleveland if he didn't know he already had another big 3 formed. Just more coincidences. Straight fraud.

sytadel

Still going to get beat by the Bulls. At least the ECF should be fun.

3727390-1171196867-23243.gif

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Love play with Bron should be entertaining, though I will vomit in my mouth listening to all the talking heads discussing how Love has "made the leap" with a season not as good as last year's.

Watching Rubio throw alley oops to Wiggins and LaVine should be fun at least. Maybe they'll finally move up in the lottery and add one more good piece this year.

PBY

Banned
What?

Lebron / Love / Irving completely destroys anything else in the East. Like the only team that can possibly stop them is the Bulls (and its not a good chance) and they have so many more things that can go wrong than the Cavs.
Totally agree. And I also agree w the guy I quoted.

Was commenting on the absurdity of talking about "needing" Udoh and Marion when you've made the two biggest offseason acquisitions.

All this tells me is how stupid Carmelo is to return to NY. He really should have gone to a team that had more to offer.

I think Carmelo is content on being top 5 in scoring but he just doesn't have that will to win it all.

He wouldn't look like a joke if he didn't say that money doesn't mean anything and he was all about championships this offseason.

He likes it in New York, they like watching him play, his family is comfortable there but he just doesn't have that fire that separates the greats from the very goods.

What?

Lebron / Love / Irving completely destroys anything else in the East. Like the only team that can possibly stop them is the Bulls (and its not a good chance) and they have so many more things that can go wrong than the Cavs.

What fantasy world are you living in where the Cavs are the best in the east? Love and Irving both are injury prone, defensive liabilities, and have no playoff experience. Both will have to make major adjustments playing with Lebron James and the Cavaliers have a first year nba head coach. Even Phil Jackson with Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan could not win in his first year in the NBA.

Put yourself in his shoes though. 50 million dollars more, the stability of not moving your family, etc. His decision makes sense.

The money part means nothing as he could just sign some shoe deal with a good team and he's set for life(not that he isn't even before that).

The other part makes sense though.

His decision made sense but his rhetoric didn't at all.

The one where LeBron, a neutered spot-up Bosh and a one-legged Wade not only made to the Finals just three months ago, but made it without ever really being challenged?

Lebron was on the Heat with a two time NBA champion coach and on a team where the most important players had playoff experience. The east should be better this year. Derrick Rose should be back and most of the other teams besides the pacers got better. Lebron is on a new team with a whole new roster and a brand new coach who is coaching in the NBA for the first time. Cleveland being the best in the east is putting too many expectations on them. Getting out of the east would be an accomplishment for them.

Pimpwerx

What?

Shut down the eastern conference already and just make the Cavs play in the finals lol

The one where LeBron, a neutered spot-up Bosh and a one-legged Wade not only made it to the Finals just three months ago, but made it without ever really being challenged?
Basketball is played on both ends of the floor. Cleveland isn't even the best team in their division. They have arguably the best offensive talent, but Chicago makes the playoffs on sheer will and defense alone. Now they've added scoring and have their best player currently looking like a stud again. If rose is healthy, Chicago is the team to beat. Cleveland should be second though. There's a gap from them to Miami and the others. PEACE.

Two Words

This Cavs team has a good chance of being better than the Heat. Love is a huge upgrade over Bosh as far as the role he will be playing on the team. Love is a much better stretch-4 than Bosh. Kyrie is younger and will likely play more of an SG type of role with Lebron running plays more often. Outside of injuries, Kyrie will be playing a lot healthier than Wade played for those 4 years.

Why did Flip Saunders also reportedly want to unload some of the bad contracts from his team in the Kevin Love deal (presumably to a third team)? Is he actually trading his star veteran for a couple of young guys while simultaneously trying to compete? T-Wolves need to do a total rebuild now. Tank like George Patton. The bad contract will be off the books in a few years when they might be ready to start competing.

Bron visits browns camp.
That's from manziel's twitter and fake but still..
8ZSHohS.png

Dion Waiters' intervie with slam
“We've talked,” Waiters said of his new teammate. “I actually talked with LeBron before he made his decision. He called me and just told me to be ready. Be ready. I talked to him four or five days before he made his decision. He just got on the phone and said I haven't made my mind up yet but be ready.

I told him that I'm already working hard. I'll be ready. And he said, I know, I know you are. Then a few days later I read the letter. I was just really excited for the city of Cleveland. I think the city, more than anybody, deserves this. They deserve to have LeBron coming back. I think the excitement is really back in Cleveland and I'm looking forward to being a part of that.”

Between Heat and Cavs, idk who wins in 7 game series.. Leaning towards it could be Heat though I wanna see rejuvinated Wade and 1st option Bosh first. And that Cavs defense is gonna be ass cheeks, bench is meh too. If Bron takes a breather whats on court is an even worse defensive team.

Bowser

Between Heat and Cavs, idk who wins in 7 game series.. Leaning towards it could be Heat though I wanna see rejuvinated Wade and 1st option Bosh first. And that Cavs defense is gonna be ass cheeks, bench is meh too. If Bron takes a breather whats on court is an even worse defensive team.

1MvVjyL.gif

Lebron was on the Heat with a two time NBA champion coach and on a team where the most important players had playoff experience. The east should be better this year. Derrick Rose should be back and most of the other teams besides the pacers got better. Lebron is on a new team with a whole new roster and a brand new coach who is coaching in the NBA for the first time. Cleveland being the best in the east is putting too many expectations on them. Getting out of the east would be an accomplishment for them.

Most teams in the East (aside from Miami and Indiana) got better, but not so much better that it's going to outpace the Cavs' improvement on both ends of the floor.

Between Heat and Cavs, idk who wins in 7 game series.. Leaning towards it could be Heat

Iv4Fkif.gif

phanphare

Banned
while the Cavs could very well make it to the Finals this year I just don't see them clicking enough to get past some of the defenses in the east. the Bulls, Hornets, Wizards, and Raptors are going to give the Cavs some trouble. their team is stacked right now, no doubt, I just don't think it's going to be anywhere close to a cakewalk to the Finals for them this season.

He's probably alluding to KG's career path.

That, although KG took 12 seasons to get there.

Unless there's a drastic CBA change, it's probably minimum 8, likely 9 before Wiggins could leave Minnesota. They'll have him locked up for the first 4 years, they're highly likely to get him to sign a contract extension that would kick in after year 4 rather than him risk injury while trying to become unrestricted (after year 5), and if that's 5 years, then it would only be after year 8 (after year 4 of the extension) that he would potentially be traded if it's clear he won't resign. (This is all assuming there's no early opt-out provision in the original extension.)

Top Bottom