• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 World Cup of Hockey |OT| World Cashgrab of Who Cares - Sponsored by SAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norrison is a very underrated hitter.

tumblr_ndbang8TKL1shywyho1_500.gif

alex-ovechkin-karlsson-hit2.gif

MNGTDB4.jpg

He also got ran over a couple of times too.

Do you whisper sweet nothings to pictures of Karlsson before going to sleep at night?

I think this is bordering on obsession.

He's a great player, though.

calder

God it must be so annoying for Finnish fans to play Sweden. Always the underdog, play reasonably well for a bit then PK and instant Swedish goal.

Cake Boss

Banned
Do you whisper sweet nothings to pictures of Karlsson before going to sleep at night?

I think this is bordering on obsession.

He's a great player, though.

You'll do the same thing with Mathews shortly. Don't worry you'll get a great player to gush over too, more ways than one.

The Sedins are overrated. I'll probably get shit on for saying this, but I just don't really like them. They're talented, but I don't think they're as great as people say they are.

Then again, I hate the Canucks.

Socreges

Banned
The Sedins are overrated. I'll probably get shit on for saying this, but I just don't really like them. They're talented, but I don't think they're as great as people say they are.

Strange that you'd hold this opinion. You've possibly seen them at their best:

sedins_pennzoil_800.jpg

Tabris

Please tell me how they are overrated.

Just so we're on the same page:

1) They are both about to hit the 1,000 points mark. Most likely this season.
2) Henrik Sedin has the highest points of any active 35-year old in the league.
3) They both have an Art Ross. One of them has a Hart trophy, the other has a Lester B. Pearson (who cares about Ted Lindsay compared to a Canadian hero).

Do you consider any of these other players overrated?

2005–06 Joe Thornton Boston Bruins/San Jose Sharks C 1
2006–07 Sidney Crosby Pittsburgh Penguins C 1
2007–08 Alexander Ovechkin Washington Capitals LW 1
2008–09 Alexander Ovechkin Washington Capitals LW 2
2009–10 Henrik Sedin Vancouver Canucks C 1
2010–11 Corey Perry Anaheim Ducks RW 1
2011–12 Evgeni Malkin Pittsburgh Penguins C 1
2012–13 Alexander Ovechkin Washington Capitals RW 3
2013–14 Sidney Crosby Pittsburgh Penguins C 2
2014–15 Carey Price Montreal Canadiens G 1
2015–16 Patrick Kane Chicago Blackhawks RW 1

And if you want to bring up the Stanley Cup conversation - Only half of those players have won a Stanley Cup.

What would it take for you to think they are great players? Also most fans outside Vancouver, and occasionally in Vancouver, hate on them because they play a European skill cycle game instead of goon hockey or speed game. Hating on the Sedins is the same as MMA fans who can't appreciate BJJ because it's "just grappling and boring" when it's actually a technical showcase on amazing skills.

USA is gonna win another meaningless game. I hope Canadians are willing to accept that their home team's just not strong enough. Mentally and physically.

Tabris

USA is gonna win another meaningless game. I hope Canadians are willing to accept that their home team's just not strong enough. Mentally and physically.

Team Canada lost to the US in the 2010 Olympics group stage. I was at that game. It's no concern. Team Canada always needs the group stage to get shit together.

We'll knock out the US in the knock out rounds like we've done in the last 2 olympics.

...or another way of saying it:

082813_kesler.jpg

Dirty hits and soft goals will lead the Americans to the Cup!

Stick around, patriot.
I am. I'm actually running to the store now for burgers, coors light, and potatoes. I got 4 hrs till I get to enjoy my home team dismantle Canada. I'd get fireworks, but they're illegal here.

I am. I'm actually running to the store now for burgers, coors light, and potatoes. I got 4 hrs till I get to enjoy my home team dismantle Canada. I'd get fireworks, but they're illegal here.

This is the shit coming from meaningless pre-tournament games, I cannot wait for the tournament to actually start.

I'm warming up to the whole World Cup thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom