• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 6 out Sept 8th, demo on August 25

GSR

Really don't like how dumbed down the series has been since 4. Does 6 have less hand-holding? Is it any less anime-y?

Slightly less to both, but like, emphasis on slightly. Maybe just a "no" to the latter.

(There are no literal power of friendship moments or cases set in high schools this time, at least.)

This should be out in Europe now at the store usually updates at 2pm UK time. I'm at work so I can't check. Does anyone know if it's available to download?

protonion

-nice new mechanic
- the new music is weak imo
-many times I skipped text unintentionally by taping the screen
-the trailer got me hyped

FluxWaveZ

Is this demo not available on the NA eShop? The header says "Demo Available" outright, but I can't find anything on the page.

Korigama

I thought this was set in ancient Japan? Have I missed a game?
You're thinking of The Great Ace Attorney, which is Meiji era Japan/Victorian era Britain. There are no plans to localize that.

This game is the direct sequel to AA5, released as Dual Destinies.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Might as well ask this here - are the AA games worth playing on iPad? I quite enjoyed the OG DS game, but haven't played the series since.

What's the timespan between 3DS and iOS releases?

Menitta

Might as well ask this here - are the AA games worth playing on iPad? I quite enjoyed the OG DS game, but haven't played the series since.

What's the timespan between 3DS and iOS releases?

From what I've heard, it's the best version of these games. Since the 3DS isn't HD, the sprites are much higher quality than the trilogy on 3DS. Also, they can only use touch controls so it works very well.

Lusankya

From what I've heard, it's the best version of these games. Since the 3DS isn't HD, the sprites are much higher quality than the trilogy on 3DS. Also, they can only use touch controls so it works very well.

Only the iOS version of Dual Destinies is good. The trilogy is horrible on iOS, while the 3DS version is far, far superior.

FluxWaveZ

The final contradiction that needed to be pointed out messed me up and took 3 points off my health bar before I finally got it (and I had watched a subbed version of the JPN demo a while back). Might just be conceptual unfamiliarity with the Insight system.

Really looking forward to this. During the demo reel, it took a scene with Apollo in court for me to go "Oh right, you play as him too."

I can't believe how short the demo was. I spent more time watching cutscenes and dialogues to unfold than making gameplay decisions. O_O

CiNozzo

Neo Member
Do we know if we are getting the DLC cases (the canon one and the two non-canon) and for how much money ?

And what about the costumes ? Free gifts for the "Day one" buyers like AA5 DD?

Enjolras

Neo Member
Really enjoyed getting a hands on with the new mechanic - so far it's a really cool new twist on the whole "uncovering the truth" that I'm so used to right now. This is gonna be an awfully long wait for the full release!

Just finished the main portion of 5. Working on the DLC case now. Step down from the original trilogy... Lot more cliche and anime-y than I liked for it to be. Twisty still, but not jaw dropping like some of the cases from AA1 & AA3. I hear the DLC case for 5 is good though so who knows. Just got to court so we shall see..

Jeb

Hated it.

It was filled with a lot of stupid moments,
seriously, first moment with the witness testimony and first thing he does is over describe the murder weapon for no reason, it doesn't even sound like a real slip of the tongue, "the .... with the green butterfly", it seems so lazy.

Also, the contradiction was really tame, best part of AA is the gotcha moments and this was not one of them.
Not a good impression.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Hated it.

It was filled with a lot of stupid moments,
seriously, first moment with the witness testimony and first thing he does is over describe the murder weapon for no reason, it doesn't even sound like a real slip of the tongue, "the .... with the green butterfly", it seems so lazy.

Also, the contradiction was really tame, best part of AA is the gotcha moments and this was not one of them.
Not a good impression.

First case is always easy. Don't worry too much about difficulty.

Judging by the people tripped up by the first Seance, I'm guessing those are the real brainteasers this time.

I wasn't crazy about the demo but if you pulled two mood matrix statements out of AA5 case 1 then I would have been similarly weirded out. I trust that it'll be pretty good. I had a heck of a time understanding the new system at first but I think it's just because it didn't have a chance to breathe with how short the demo is.

Lusankya

Oh my bad. Why is the trilogy bad?

Missing frames/animations and the worst part is that for some reason they use low quality music tracks (sound even worse than the GBA ones). I think at some points they even used the wrong tracks.
Also the graphics actually look better on a lower resolution screen.

Top Bottom