• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Stanton releases logos for John Carter planned sequels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikodemos

But everyone wants to go see a movie called "John Carter," which sounds like a movie about a middle-aged British guy going to the grocery store or something.
Well, you know that old (Russian?) slum proverb, "if you keep running in a circle, you'll eventually buttfuck yourself". That's basically what happened to this film's marketing. They shot down one idea, then they shot down another, and so on until nothing useful/worthwhile remained.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
I also thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It wasn't perfect, but few films are. Marketing killed the movie. Both with the title decisions and the ads/commercials.

Spinluck

I liked the film, it has its problems for sure, but it was his first live action film so I'll give him a pass on a few things. He's a good director and can do better than the first film, I'm certain of that.

I'm surprised it's getting a sequel. Had not heard about this till today.

EDIT: Nvm lol

Was one of my favorite movies of that year, felt just like another classic Star Wars. Disappointed we won't be getting sequels.

I find it really bizarre that people enjoyed John Carter. It's like when I found out "freegans" were a thing.

Girls apparently don't like things with the Red Planet, it was also going to be called Princess of Mars and boys wouldn't watch that. So, John Carter.

This is the insane logic of movie studios.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I've caught it on cable a couple of times but never made it through all the way. It is just super slow and gives you no reason to care about anyone in it other than the weird super-fast dog thing. Kitsch isn't up to carrying a film of that scope, either, even if he'd had a decent script to work with. I think Stanton was just too in love with the source material to see its flaws, especially the flaws apparent when translating it from book to film, which spells death for almost any adaptation.

Yamauchi

Banned
My favorite Mars film:

196hjwe34o658jpg.jpg

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
They're seriously making more of this shit? Easily one of the worst movies I saw in the last ten years. Way to stuck the enjoyment out of my complimentary 1st class upgrade on British Airways.

They're seriously making more of this shit? Easily one of the worst movies I saw in the last ten years. Way to stuck the enjoyment out of my complimentary 1st class upgrade on British Airways.
They're not making more of these, it's just unreleased material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom