• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anti-Gay Activist And 19 Kids Star Josh Duggar molested underaged sisters as a teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar said:
Back 12 years ago our family went through one of the most difficult times of our lives. When Josh was a young teenager, he made some very bad mistakes, and we were shocked. We had tried to teach him right from wrong. That dark and difficult time caused us to seek God like never before. Even though we would never choose to go through something so terrible, each one of our family members drew closer to God. We pray that as people watch our lives they see that we are not a perfect family. We have challenges and struggles every day. It is one of the reasons we treasure our faith so much because God's kindness and goodness and forgiveness are extended to us – even though we are so undeserving. We hope somehow the story of our journey – the good times and the difficult times – cause you to see the kindness of God and learn that He can bring you through anything.

Quite a statement there.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
So he's claiming he received counseling despite all evidence to the contrary? Lovely.

Dynomutt

God is like...
don-t-put-that-evil-on-me-o.gif

And people want to know why Christianity is in decline.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Maybe you shouldn't put your family on a cable reality show if there's a history of incestual molestation among your kids.

But how can I get mine just like the bible says? Air your shit in public, chastise others for their behavior, and hide the truly awful stuff you're doing because it'd probably stop you from getting paid.

Pretty sure that was in the Jesus part of the bible.

Well when you alienate and sexually repress your kids, this is what can happen. Obviously he chose to do it and should have known it was wrong but the parents crazy patriarchal catholic bullshit is definitely a big factor.

Wilsongt

Really makes me sick how this woman was able to go on her robocall crusade saying transgender individuals were going to molest children, and it was going own right in her damn house by one of her own children.

What blows my mind is that they had this horrible situation in their family, and yet they decided to chase the $$$ and go on TV - in doing so present themselves as the perfect American Chri$tian (ha!) family. Considering that, to do so when the sex abuse crisis in the Catholic Church story had broken and had been all over the news for years just smacks of greed and hubris.

Hazmat

Wow. My earlier post in this thread seems pretty bad now, but this vague rumor of a story got really fucked up really fast.

This is like the Honey Boo Boo thing. We were sold the cute version of rednecks and a huge super-religious tight knit family, and then the worst stereotypes turned out to be true and it's not really funny anymore.

What blows my mind is that they had this horrible situation in their family, and yet they decided to chase the $$$ and go on TV - in doing so present themselves as the perfect American Chri$tian (ha!) family. Considering that, to do so when the sex abuse crisis in the Catholic Church story had broken and had been all over the news for years just smacks of greed and hubris.
Super religious people who flaunt their religiousness on TV and then turn out to be massive shitheads isn't really mind blowing. If fact I can't think of a single super religious TV person who is actually a decent human being.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So this marks a second time this year for TLC one of their reality show families are involved in a child abuse channel.

deadlast

Gee, it's like coming from a heavily religious, sexually repressed, socially conservative background can fuck you up?

Who knew?

Easiest set-up for a catholic priest joke ever.
I know right.... I shameless used that as a bases for a priest joke later.

fuck these people. this makes me so fucking livid. these assholes are actively trying to take away the rights of LGBT people claiming they're a danger to children.

ryseing

Not surprised at the whole "shipped him off to do hard labor" thing instead of getting professional help. My parents did the same thing to my brother when he had some drug issues. Instead of getting him certified counseling and help they shipped him off to this weird Christian labor camp. Must be a conservative Christian thing.

And I'm not surprised at all. I hope he hasn't done anything to his kids.

Futurematic

A dude that molested his sisters went to work for the Family Research Council.

Family Research.

He had hands on experience, though.

I can't even find it shocking anymore, what is it with intolerance and sick behaviour? Is it the way they're raised? Loudly professing their faith as an easy cover?

mieumieu

Not trying to fight, but I'm trying very hard to see how someone who's against others' fundamental rights can be considered a good person.

My theory:

Could be because of compartmentalization. We all think like that to some extent.

But more probably it is because of their worldview. They dont think LGBT people as real persons, therefore they deny them fundamental rights. They are not bad persons (a lot of them at least), they are just grossly and wilfullly misinformed.

My theory:

Could be because of compartmentalization. We all think like that to some extent.

But more probably it is because of their worldview. They dont think LGBT people as real persons, therefore they deny them fundamental rights. They are not bad persons (a lot of them at least), they are just grossly and wilfullly misinformed.
So by your logic the slave owners of America were not bad people since they didn't see black people as real people? Serious question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom