• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anti-PC, washed up Seinfeld Highest Paid comic in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

btown

Do people really have a problem with Seinfeld? I thought Kramer was the asshole one that everybody hated.

Jeff-DSA

Jerry Seinfeld is awesome. People don't realize how much he helps up and coming comics ti find their footing. He's been a mentor for comedians for many years and he's still quite relevant in comedy. If he was washed up, he wouldn't be leading the list of highest paid comedians, I think that's pretty obvious.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the use of "problematic" and the examples of "those who support his... ideology" makes it fairly obvious that the OP is being sarcastic.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Someone post their text file of renowned epic neogaf trickster trolls. I'm sick of being fooled!

Jerry Seinfeld is awesome. People don't realize how much he helps up and coming comics ti find their footing. He's been a mentor for comedians for many years and he's still quite relevant in comedy. If he was washed up, he wouldn't be leading the list of highest paid comedians, I think that's pretty obvious.

Not really.

He's still doing well with Comedians in Cars and with Seinfeld syndication, but I haven't heard that he was still touring or anything like that, so it made it easy for me to think that the OP was legit holding a grudge from the last thread. I had no idea he still gets out there and performs.

If other people look at it like I did, it makes it pretty clear why there might be a disconnect. The troll was successful.

I remember reading this comment about how Jerry is like a psychopath and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised.

He seems off/douchey.

Maron made this observation, too closed off, hiding too much kinda persona which I think is obvious watching him interact on ccc. The Stern episode was telling of that, he was really trying to get Jerry to be real for a moment but he was too closed off for that, or just didn't want to talk about banging women for Stern's fap bank. Either way guy does have the air of a sociopath, could've sworn I read something an ex of his said about him that he thought it was funny to break up people's relationships/marriages, which he did with her and her prior one. Dude is def weird, but hey he's given me a lot of yucks over the years so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: Now I'm beginning to wonder if that episode of Seinfeld with Debra Messing was partly autobiographical XD

JDSN

Banned
ITT: People hunting for outrage culture examples to prove they are right get sad when no outrage culture episode occurs.

Toxi

Banned
Whats silly is expecting people to know one way or the other from the OP text.
If I posted a thread with the title

"Muslim emperor Barrack Hussein Obama vetoes GOP defense bill, continues destroying America"

Would you believe I was serious?

Corpekata

Banned
Is it that blatant? Would seeing a thread title like this that was 100% serious on OT surprise you?

Of course it's blatant. It has "Washed up comedian" as the highest paid comic in the world. What could be more blatant beyond typing "I AM BEING SARCASTIC" ?

Mudcrab

Cool. He makes a lot of money. Okay...?

image.php

SURGEdude

That title. Pretty hyperbolic Mac.

On topic, he's pretty tame so if he's having an issue with the climate on college campuses I'd be inclined to at least consider his position.

If it's a troll topic I'm not impressed. Satire and tone aren't well conveyed. Also hard to tell since it's pretty much the kind of sentiment trotted out by many people who find Seinfeld's opinion somehow offensive to their assumed absolute moral superiority.

Spinifex

What's the deal with Tumblr?

There's a certain irony that a thread about a prolific comedian is littered with people grabbing at low hanging fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom