• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anti-PC, washed up Seinfeld Highest Paid comic in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacket320

I saw him in Vegas a couple of years ago and he killed it in a huge theatre - highly recommend seeing him if you have the opportunity

That title. Pretty hyperbolic Mac.

On topic, he's pretty tame so if he's having an issue with the climate on college campuses I'd be inclined to at least consider his position.

If it's a troll topic I'm not impressed. Satire and tone aren't well conveyed. Also hard to tell since it's pretty much the kind of sentiment trotted out by many people who find Seinfeld's opinion somehow offensive to their assumed absolute moral superiority.
It was clearly sarcastic and not trolling (to me).

Falcs

Banned
As much as I love the show Seinfeld, and still watch it today, his stand-up is terrible. I've never found it funny.

If I posted a thread with the title

"Muslim emperor Barrack Hussein Obama vetoes GOP defense bill, continues destroying America"

Would you believe I was serious?
I'd get that one, but considering all of the outrage threads we've had over the past several months and more, this particular title doesn't really seem all that crazy. Or maybe its within the regular bounds of crazy.

How about not quite relying so much on posters detecting sarcasm or knowing individual post histories and shticks? Just a thought.

JDSN

Banned
I'd get that one, but considering all of the outrage threads we've had over the past several months and more, this particular title doesn't really seem all that crazy. Or maybe its within the regular bounds of crazy. .

Which outrage threads?

I'd get that one, but considering all of the outrage threads we've had over the past several months and more, this particular title doesn't really seem all that crazy. Or maybe its within the regular bounds of crazy.

How about not quite relying so much on posters detecting sarcasm or knowing individual post histories? Just a thought.

Even without knowing how mac posts, that was not a particularly cryptic title/OP combination.

It's ok for people to admit they wanted to react emotionally, these things happen

Someone should write a wiki about GAF's zany characters, i'm having trouble keeping track of those cads and the trickery they perform here.

The Flash

Banned
Anti-PC?

543.gif

ElRenoRaven

Good for Jerry. Wish I was as lucky as him. I mean shit the guy had a hit show and has made a fortune off it and still makes a killing doing what he likes to do which is comedy.

LosDaddie

Banned
Ones that usually get closed pretty quickly. Reactions to inflammatory twitters or social media posts, she-saids and he-saids and OMGs. I don't remember the particulars of them.

I forget the title of the thread, but there was a thread about (racist) YouTube comments. Pretty much the definition of "outrage thread"

onken

Mac is too good at this.

As if everyone is going to keep a list of every random poster's opinions so when they later post a thread saying the opposite we'll know they are being sarcastic? It's not as if what he posted could not have been serious because plenty of people have made similar statements. So please, leave the circlejerk at the door.

JDSN

Banned
Ones that usually get closed pretty quickly. Reactions to inflammatory twitters or social media posts, she-saids and he-saids and OMGs. I don't remember the particulars of them.

How convenient.

You know

All the ones

Ppl like to have the perspective that the board its PCTopia and outrage factory but cant provide a concrete pattern, at least post that thread with the Django actress that people still bring up because its the only recent example in hundreds of monthly threads.

jayhawker

If it's a troll topic I'm not impressed. Satire and tone aren't well conveyed. Also hard to tell since it's pretty much the kind of sentiment trotted out by many people who find Seinfeld's opinion somehow offensive to their assumed absolute moral superiority.

Doesn't that make it a good troll?

Sanjuro

Mac is a jerk, and really needs to be punished for this.

Banned for five days of forced college improve viewing. We can make him great again!

Seesaw15

All the people that are claiming how obvious the sarcasm was are clearly in the minority. OP came off as one of those people that thinks Seinfeld is a hack comedian who just road Larry Davids coattails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom