• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anti-PC, washed up Seinfeld Highest Paid comic in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulva

Did OP get juniored because a bunch of people don't understand sarcasm? That's pretty weak, punish them not the OP who tricked them by using wit.

pgtl_10

I just want to point out that people in my thread were dismissing Seinfeld's opinion on stand up comedy:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1120376&page=3

Back then I couldn't believe that people would dismiss Seinfeld's opinion on comedy and the stand up industry yet people on this board were acting like he doesn't know what is going on in the industry.

Here are some quotes from that thread regarding Seinfield:

Jerry Seinfeld is hardly as popular today as he was when he had the number one show on all of network television. Dude is dried up.

Out of touch with stand-up nowadays? Possibly.

Amazing how people act like they know what they are talking about.

Edit: The op in this thread made the first quote above.

Corpekata

Banned
Best part of this thread now is the people doubling down that this thread was so subtle that of course they fell for it, everyone did!

What do the kids say these days "Take the L and move on"?

People who constantly repeat the word "problematic" in this sort of context remind me of the documentary Going Clear where the scientologists continuously refer to people as "supressive persons" so that other scientologists will know to completely cut off contact with them. When you come off sounding like literal cultist you know you've probably made a couple wrong turns in life.

Another one from just today:

Sorry, I'll pull out my thesaurus next time.

Seesaw15

So you didn't read the linked articles, I take it

You mean the scrolling listicle and the AV Club summary of said list?I managed to get through both. Doesn't change my point that lots of people legitimately think Seinfeld is a washed up hack and nothing OP said came off as definitely dead pan to me.

But OP's juniored so better luck next time i guess.

Brakke

Banned
I just want to point out that people in my thread were dismissing Seinfeld's opinion on stand up comedy:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1120376&page=3

Back then I couldn't believe that people would dismiss Seinfeld's opinion on comedy and the stand up industry yet people on this board were acting like he doesn't know what is going on in the industry.

Here are some quotes from that thread regarding Seinfield:

[...]

Amazing how people act like they know what they are talking about.

Most of the money he makes is from syndication of his old show tho...

OP, do you happen to be "Crazy" Joe Davola by any chance?
joe-davola-o.gif

You mean the scrolling listicle and the AV Club summary of said list?I managed to get through both. Doesn't change my point that lots of people legitimately think Seinfeld is a washed up hack and nothing OP said came off as definitely dead pan to me.

But OP's juniored so better luck next time i guess.

The point is that nothing in those two or the excerpt posted in the to OP would have done anything to support the title or mac's closing if he was serious.

As I said to someone else, it's fine to react emotionally to things, happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom